City of San Angelo Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Horrible Boss
Recreation Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Angelo, TXJune 12, 2016
I was working in the rec center at the time. There were a lot of younger boys that work go in there and play basketball every day. Before they played I helped the finish their homework. When the boss would come in the rec center and see me sitting down every time I would get in trouble even when I explained to here that I was helping the kids with their home work.
Pros
you are able to help kids
Cons
Horrible boss
I enjoyed learning and I enjoyed my job
Benefits Coordinator/Benefirs Clerk (Former Employee) –  San Angelo, TXJune 4, 2015
I loved working for the City of San Angelo because I learned so many skills and so many things. My favorite part was working with our employees and our retirees, one-on-one. They have good benefits. I would definitely work there, again.
Pros
Learning, knowing the function of each department, working with the employees & public
Cons
Pay is not great, but better than most other places, but they provide good benefits to compensate.
great benefits
Secretary and Bookkeeper (Former Employee) –  San Angelo, TXOctober 24, 2014
great benefits, retirement, awesome coworkers........ great work hours
busy workplace
Office assistant (Former Employee) –  San Angelo, TXSeptember 19, 2014
Typical day at work revolved around answering phones and entering data into their computer system, also sending employees to job sites via radio.
Pros
close to home, worked until 3:30 every day, no weekends
Cons
Short lunch, low salary
working a the lake operation
maintence (Current Employee) –  San Angelo, TXAugust 18, 2013
The lake operation is what you put in it and if you want a start at a city job it a good place to start. You can move up if that's what you want to other departments. The supervisor out there is understanding with stuff and lake operations chief is also understanding about family matters they will try to work with you as long as you do them right.The environment with the employs out there is very good to work around and enjoy going to work.
Pros
health insurance
Cons
the way people treat the parks like a dump.
Part time job to supplement income
Event Services Representative (Current Employee) –  San Angelo, TXMay 10, 2012
A typical day involves setting up or tearing down for events at city venues including chairs, tables and trash. We are also stationed at doors at venues to take tickets for events taking place. Co-workers and management are typically very easy going and fun to work with. Hardest part of the job is setting up and tearing down for an event. An enjoyable part of the job is that you get to see some of the events while working at them.
Pros
seeing events taking place at venues.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at City of San Angelo. Our community is ready to answer.

City of San Angelo Reviews by Location