City of San Antonio

City of San Antonio Employer Reviews

Fun place to work.
Nutrition Site Supervisor (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXApril 14, 2014
Pros: working with the seniors
Cons: part-time employees are neglected & excluded from alot of participation.
It is an awesome learning experience; fun at times; good co-workers. The hardest part of the job is working with seniors who have nobody in their lives/and or somebody in their lives that takes advantage of them or exploits them. The most enjoyable part of the job is putting a smile on somebody's face because they appreciate the way I treat them, whether – more... it is due to a smile, hug, or pat on the shoulder. – less
Work Hard
interim-Client Services Supervisor (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXMarch 28, 2014
Fast Learner, Work well with others and complete projects when requested.
Helping the citizens of San Antonio
Police Communications Supervisor (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXMarch 14, 2014
Pros: try to make it an enjoyable place to work
Cons: sometimes no breaks
In a workplace like this the 911 operator is the first contact of a life or death situation that part of the job is 90 percent of the work day. A 911 operator take anywhere from 100-300 or more calls a day emergency and non emergency police calls to include the calls that are transferred to the fire department or ems personnel other unincorporated cities – more... around San Antonio and 311 City services. The rewarding part of the job is knowing you helped someone by getting the police to their location. The hardest part of the job is no closure you just have to move on to the next call. Citizens fail to realize by calling 911 asking for" the time" put someone else lifeline on hold for something that is not important at all. Public awareness is lacking in this type of job. A typical work day is busy from the time you walk in the door till the time you leave for the day. And we all want an officer to go home safe and in one piece to his or her family at the end of the day that is the goal everyday all day that is the most enjoyable part of the job. Management is sometimes not a fun part when you need to discipline an employee and gather paperwork for progressive discipline but it is also a learning tool to move forward and do better. – less
PRODUCTION ORIENTED
Fiscal Analyst (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXMarch 3, 2014
UPON MAINTAINING EMPLOYMENT FOR OVER A YEAR WITH THE CITY OF SAN ANTONIO, WOULD LIKE TO VENTURE FORWARD AND PERUSE OTHER OPPORTUNITIES.
City Job
Engineering Intern (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXFebruary 5, 2014
Good slow-paced job with a lot of smart engineers willing to get the job done right.
Average place to work
Project Manager (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXJanuary 9, 2014
Pros: benefits, and weekends off
Cons: inexperienced management. nepotism
responding to departments needs for worker's comp information. Meeting which may last hours. The most enjoyable part of my job is meetings that are productive. My co-workers are good to work with.
budgeting, forecasting, projecting
Fiscal Analyst (Former Employee), San AntonioDecember 19, 2013
Experience in management and supervision. Perform projections for revenues, expenditures, and receivables based on history and trends for the Employee Benefits Fund. Analyze complex data and compile and prepare reports for forecasting, monitoring and compliance including month-end expenditure reports. Review, monitor and perform complex financial transactions – more... for the Employee Benefits Fund. Prepare detailed written reports and presentations on budgetary matters for management. Perform budget analysis on the $110M Employee Benefits (EB) Fund, specifically monitoring and adjusting claims and revenue projections accordingly. Analyze and monitor Accounts Receivables and make adjustments accordingly. Assist in the preparation of annual budget and budget documents. Review the fiscal impact on Employee Benefits ordinances. Review purchasing documents for approval and processing. Assist Finance and/or the Office of Management and Budget on Employee Benefits Division financial and budgetary matters. Assist with audit reviews and findings – less
maintaince
Maintenance Leader (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXNovember 28, 2013
Pros: learning from each other
Cons: great beneficit
maintaining the convention center henry B Gonzales.doing all the maintaince for the building helping on the events setting up the items needed to keep clients happy from light to a/c table setting fixing anything that went wrong job was to easy .
Dedication to public service is a must
Program Manager (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXSeptember 17, 2013
Hard work is expected to meet the demands of public service, unfortunately it is not always rewarded.

If all goes well, the citizens you serve will provide the gratitude that means the most.
Good job
Custodian (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXSeptember 16, 2013
I furthered my work experience and gained new expericence. Co-workers were very professional.
Job Developer
Job Developer (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXSeptember 10, 2013
Pros: fast-paced, always learning something new and revelant, great support from all
Cons: pay could have been a little better
Loved this job & company. My job was to find jobs and train people for these jobs.

Best part: working in fast-paced environment, always learn something new, great support from department managers

Move to another city to marry an AWESOME woman or else I would have stayed there still.
Family oriented company
Traffic Signals Inspector / Sr. Electronics Tech (Current Employee), 223 South Cherry San Antonio, TXAugust 30, 2013
Good place to work at. Great people, but no opportunity to advance.
Absolutely a great work history experience
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXAugust 27, 2013
I learned so much from this job experience. I gained knowledge and experience for future job search history.
very interresting job, always something different to encounter
Capital Projects Officer (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXAugust 16, 2013
Pros: interesting to work hand and hand with the public
Cons: muitipal [rojects, not enough time in one day to cover all aspects of a project
- you would want to advance
- always learing new ways to improve quality assurance
- team work
- communication between project team
fun workplace
School Crossing Guard (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXJuly 29, 2013
being able to interact with school age children in the morning or afternoon on there way to school or home and teaching how to be safe on the street corners
PUMP MACHANIC
Pump Mechanic (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXJune 30, 2013
Pros: loved the job
Cons: had to leave due to family illness
I STARTED IN THE CONSTRUCTION OF SEWER PIPE LAYING AND MOVED UP TO PUMP MACHANIC. I LEARNED HOW TO DO THE WHOLE JOB. I CAME RIGHT OUT OF HIGH SCHOOL AND LEARNED ON THE JOB. THE MANAGEMENT WAS GREAT, I WAS GOOD FRIENDS WITH THE MANAGEMENT OF THE PUMPS MACHANICS IN THE END, WE WORKED TOGETHER WHEN HE WAS THE HEAD OF THE ELECTRICAL CREW AND BECAME FRIENDS – more... THEN. I HAD A LOT OF GOOD FRIENDS THERE IN THE YARD. I GOT ALONE WITH EVERYBODY THAT WORK IN OUR YARD. ONCE I LEARNED WHAT TO DO IT WAS THE GREATEST JOB. I REALLY LIKED THE WAY THEY WOULD WORK OUT THE OVERTIME. THERE WERE 6 CREWS ON THE PUMPS AND EVERY THIRD WEEKEND THE NORTH AND SOUTH CREW WORKED THE OVER TIME. SO IT WAS REALLY FAIR. – less
I year contract for this Irrigation District
John Ward-Supervisor (Former Employee), Natalia, TXJune 27, 2013
Pros: working with legialators
Cons: diffilculty in getting funding required
General manager--hours varied
Working with a Board of Directors is very rewarding
Difficult to bring around to best management practices
Getting funding from State and Federal Legislators

This job was with an Irrigation District not the City Of San Antonio!!!!!
Criminal cover-up inside IT , SAPD and Legal Dept.
Telecommunications Manager (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXJune 17, 2013
Pros: n/a
Cons: criminal activity
City officials - especially ITSD officials - have been involved in a criminal conspiracy to defraud the federal government since 2005.

They have tried to hide the fact that city officials/employees stole and misused tens of millions of dollars since 1982 but falsified reports/audits to hide the crimes.

The ongoing criminal conspiracy is slowly being – more... exposed . Numerous ITSD, SAPD, Legal, etc. employees will be arrested. – less
I have not worked there since late 2006.
Assistant City Attorney III (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXMay 30, 2013
Pros: stable work enviornment.
Cons: no major problems between 1997 and 2006. i do not have any more recient information.
The City of San Antonio Legal Department was a good place to obtain a variety of legal experiences.
Great place to start off your career
Senior Management Analyst (Current Employee), Downtown San AntonioMay 30, 2013
Pros: great benefits
Cons: lots of responsibility.
My division is fiscal and there is never a typical day. While we support the departments financial needs including purchasing, accounts payable, accounts receivable, revenue, budgeting, reporting and other special projects, everyday seems to bring its own challenges.

A major part of my day involves customer service. As a public servant I have learned – more... that while the customer may not always be right, we are chaged with the resposibility to help them make it right, within the administrative directives, of courst.

I have learned a lot here with the city, mostly about personalities, taking ownership of your responsibilities and errors, also, teamwork. It's important to immediately finding those that are willing and able to help you, no matter what your task is, making a roster and keeping it close by... after all, not every task has a job aid, or instructions.

Management is under a lot of stress to be result driven and often you find yourself working with fussy and bad moods; however focusing on the bottom line and the teamwork helps you get through those tough days.

Your co-workers become your family since you spend more time at work than with your actual family, it is good practice to bond, after all, during hard times, who helps you out better? That's right, Family.

The most difficult part of my job is keeping a level head, staying focused and staying organized in order to be that results driven indivdual my manager and co-workers will learn to love and depend on.

The most enjoyable part of my job is the life long friendships you are able to make. Also the sense of responsibility to address customer needs. – less

About City of San Antonio

When you "Remember the Alamo," don't forget San Antonio! The second-largest Texas city (behind¬†Houston), with a population of¬†about – Read more