City of San Antonio Employee Reviews

working with team productive people
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), SAN ANTONIO, TXJuly 24, 2015
Pros: working with team orientated people
Cons: working with people that are negative
Able to interact with people in a professional matter, answer phone & question pertaining to job, knowledgeable in filing, scanning, background check, data entry.
fun place to work at--
Building Maintenance Officer (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXJuly 21, 2015
Pros: time off
Cons: long hours during baseball season
had a good time working at the stadium because the hours were very flexible and accommodating to my needs. A very relaxed environment as long as you were doing your job.
Productive work environment
Accounting Clerk (Current Employee), San AntonioJuly 10, 2015
Pros: Clocking out before 5pm
Cons: Clocking in at 7;45am
My daily routines involved processing GR's, then send invoices to AP to be process for payment. Collections and creating PO's, order supplies and creating spreadsheets. It's a good and calm environment, along with friendly. The management is great and helpful. The co-workers were very professional and responsible. The hardest part was coming on board with the City. The most enjoyable part was being apart of the City team.
Health and wellness driven atmosphere
Health Program Specialist (Current Employee), 332 W. Commerce St., San Antonio, TXJuly 8, 2015
Loved this work, community engagement work was the best part. I worked with people who truly care about the quality of life for San Antonio residents.
riding bikes
Community Park Trail Liaison (Former Employee), san antonio txJuly 8, 2015
great time riding the trails meeting citizens and helping with first aid at times. The day began with checking trails and making sure no one needed anything and traveling to sites to check end points.
The company encourage its employees to get involved in health programs provided throughout the year.
Administrative Associate (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXJuly 2, 2015
The day began with coffee or a beverage from our break room. I loved knowing that we were making a difference keeping children's immunization up to date, through health fairs, outreach at clinics, contacting private doctor's offices for status of little patients.
Excellent place to work and gain experience!!
Telecommunications Engineer (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXJuly 1, 2015
Gained plenty of management experience under a great leader. Co-workers were seasoned technicians and filled of knowledge. Peers made coming into work enjoyable.
Admin Asst
Administrative Assistant I (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXJune 23, 2015
Pros: Great team to get the job done
Cons: no breaks we were too busy
A typical day was opening your register making you balanced. Then open up your window for accounts receivalbles. Customers would come in and want to make payments on thier accounts and then at the of the day you would have to post payments their accounts. My coworkers and I would take turns running the window and making correspondences of late payments due. It was fun and stressful but over all we enjoyed getting the work done.
I love My branch
Library Assisant (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXJune 21, 2015
Pros: Great hours, great staff, great pay
Cons: Administration nosy, no perks like other branches
I love the people I work especially my manager. But administration always watches us like we are doing something wrong despite us pulling in great numbers.
Productive and efficient environment, High Standards with Teamwork, Intergrity, Innovation, and Professionalism
Management Analyst, Contracts Management Division (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXJune 2, 2015
Pros: Health and Wellness Programs
Excellent place to work in San Antonio. Employees hold the most highest standards regarding the City's Core Values! You will see friendliness, helpful, and caring people who are ready to serve our community at large!
Good job to get customer service experience
Office Assistant (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXMay 2, 2015
Pros: Helping people
Cons: Micromanaging supervisors
Management is always micromanaging the employees.
Good pay and benefits.
Excellent job for people that have good typing, administrative and telephone skills.
Can be a bit depressing listening to people's problems on the phone.
Some customers can be kind of rude and curse over the phone.
Call center environment so hours and lunch times are set.
it was a vary entering work place
Assist the Disabled (Former Employee), san antiono txApril 29, 2015
i loved working for the city of san antiono it was norly is ez going
the coworker where nice/ as well as management
the hardest part was standing for long parts of time
I wished, I could of stayed
Admin. Associate (Clerical Pool) (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXApril 10, 2015
Cons: temp-no benefits
The hardest part is coming in as newbie, I did encounter some resistance. I wish could of stayed as a permanent employee. I had the privilege of working in different department.
Great work environment
Senior Management Analyst (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXMarch 26, 2015
I work with an amazing group of people. Everyone is helpful and dedicated to the mission of the department. The work I do is very rewarding.
rewarding giving back to the community
District Director (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXMarch 6, 2015
Pros: meeting people in the community and finding out what residents are concerned about
Cons: contracted so no job security
address concerns residents have with the city and help resolve the issues to their satisfaction. the co-workers are very friendly and easy to work with very much team work.
Good benefits
Community Services Supervisor (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXFebruary 28, 2015
The City of San Antonio has good health and retirement benefits. Each department has its quirks though. Community Initiatives, the department where I worked, was defunded and broken apart.
It happens.
Internal Audit Intern
Internal Audit Intern (Former Employee), S. Presa, Downtown San AntonioFebruary 22, 2015
Pros: great employees, great management, great pay, adequate responsibility
Cons: location
I had the opportunity to Intern with the City of San Antonio's City Auditor Office in the summer of 2014. It turned out to be a very positive experience. Management was great, the culture is comfortable, and I learned a lot in my time there.
Freelance SQA Test Engineer/Analyst (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXFebruary 15, 2015
I like working for this client. They are very supportive and encouraging and foster a feeling of being wanted as an integral part of operations.
Supervise and help garbage and recycling routes
Route Supervisor (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXFebruary 12, 2015
Perform daily inspections on equipment, safety equipment and routes.Conducts safety briefings, fills out accident reports and personal injury reports.Plan and schedule work assignments, establish work load standards and design routes to balance the work load. Supervise garbage/ recycle drivers to assure their routes completed in a timely manner .
Very good place to create strong bonds with fellow technicians, I still keep in contact with several co-workers, had many a fun moment there
Equipment Technician (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXJanuary 28, 2015
Pros: co worker comaraderie, good work breaks, low level of supervision
Cons: very strict, sometimes unreasonable time line deadlines, often times understaffed
The end was very unfortunate, as I was discharged due to a lower back injury that was incurred on Military duty. Human Resources failed to help me find an adequate job that would suit my physical limitations. Although they kept me on at a light duty/modified duty status longer than they should have, I thought more could have been done to help me stay with the City. I was a very good and willing worker and needed my job to help support my family, as it stands now, I am struggling to help ends meet now, I am a full-time student trying to learn a new job skill.
Headquarters