City of San Antonio Employee Reviews

Good Place to work
San Antonio (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 8, 2018
if you get selected for an Airport Security position get ready for a bumpy ride in terms of management due to indecisiveness and lack of consistency in application of standards toward employees.
Cons
high turnover rate
Being Trusted Is Important
Sr Mainframe Solutions Analyst (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 5, 2018
Being trusted is very important, it has not always been that way. Being treated as a professional, in a professional environment goes a long way. Current CIO, a veteran himself can be talked to without the feeling of judgement or being looked down on.
Very enjoyable
Guard I Alamodome (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXDecember 5, 2017
Working at the Alamodome was a very stress free job, Everyone I work with was very friendly and a joy to be around, I have been involved with a lot of the entertainment venues that had performed there.
Great Employer
Management Analyst (Former Employee) –  Metro HealthDecember 1, 2017
The City of San Antonio is a great organization to work for. I do not like the bureaucracy that is in place, but that comes with any company or organization.
Fairly easy job
Equipment operator (Current Employee) –  Center City Development OfficeNovember 30, 2017
I wish they could use my experience as an equipment operator more, they only needed my CDL class B for their trash truck. My experience in equipment like both rubber tire and track loader, rollers, skids steers, dump truck, brush truck, water truck, earthmover, field tractor with both brush hog and batwing mowers, some grader experience (rough cut) or sub grade , commercial sweepers
City of San Antonio
Stockroom Supervisor (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXNovember 28, 2017
The City of San Antonio is a great place to work. You build your vacation time and sick days. Most location you are provided a uniform to wear. Some Supervisory position do mot get issued uniforms.
Pros
Relaxed atmosphere
Cons
Low Pay
Fun worplace
Sr. BI Analyst (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXNovember 21, 2017
• Design, Create and maintain Complex Dashboard in Dashboard Designer 4.1 using Query or Universe as source.
• Working with conditional components display format in Dashboard.
• Publish reports on CMC and keep track of users access rights in Business Objects 4.1.
• Guide and Installed BO4.1 server from the scratch and set up user groups and lead entire reporting team.
• Working on universe tool UDT and IDT & Creating complex reports in Crystal 2013 and Webi
great city
Lifeguard (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXNovember 16, 2017
Great city to work for and although compensation is not always the most exciting, the job makes up for it. It's never a boring day working as a life guard and I was a privilege to work for the city of san Antonio.
Its a very fun and good place to work
Call Dispatcher / City Maintenance (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXNovember 9, 2017
On the start of shift we would get ready by turning on our vehicles and reporting to are boss in the morning to get the assignment to whatever location they need us to go. I would say the hardest part about working with the city would be the heat .
Pros
Getting free lunches on the first of every month
Cons
Just the heat from outside
Fun
San Antonio (Internship) (Former Employee) –  San Antonio Viejo, TXNovember 1, 2017
It was great experience to work with the different levels of employees, working with engineers and learn from them was a great thing which improved my skills.
Great environment to work at.
Custodial Area Supervisor (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TexasOctober 31, 2017
My job requires me to work with approximately 13 individuals daily. I am responsible for the maintenance of 30 buildings and 50 employees/custodians. It is a privilege to work with individuals who take pride in their work.
Pros
Excellent vacation days off and holidays.
Cons
Fast paced.
City of San Antonio
Peer Counselor (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 30, 2017
I really loved being a peer counselor in the COSA. I only had one problem in my personal life my daughters ride to school couldn't take her anymore therefor I had to put my two week notice for the sake of my family.
benefits
Cons
hours of operation for mothers with small kids
Childcare Services
Child Care Resource Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 30, 2017
Poor extremely ineffective management propped by corrupt director who enjoyed pitting employees against each other. Employees didn't have access to city email or city information.
Dispatch Center
San Antonio 911 Communications Call Taker (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 29, 2017
Depends on what department you work for in the City Of San Antonio . Working with the Dispatch Center has its up's and down's . You work with a lot of supervisors who are new and dont have any type of experience in law enforcement so when you ask them a question they dont really know how to respond to it .
Pros
benefits and hours
Cons
working with supervisors with no knowledge of law enforcement
Horrible company culture
Fiscal Analyst (Aviation) (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 23, 2017
Stay away from the aviation department. Specifically the fiscal department. Micro-management to the core.

You will constantly be questioned when asking for vacation or time-off if approved at all. The DFA will treat everyone like a child. No room for growth or development. Just a horrible and stressful day-to-day work environment
Pros
Retirement Match
Looking for more monet to provide for my family
Crew Leader (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 22, 2017
Hard to survive with this pay and be able to pay everyday bills and have food in the fridge.now with a little one it's even worse to make ends meet. I love the city but the pay is low.
Long jobs
Route Inspector (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 9, 2017
Needs to be very FLEXIBLE from day to day. Changes everyday. Long hours. Holiday require to work .. .15-18 hrs. Drive all day. Rain or shine. ... ..Hard to move up
Pros
Health ins. Retirement benefits
Cons
Pays.. holidays .. long hours
10 year employee
Risk Program Coordinator (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 2, 2017
Not happy here. They promote who they like regardless of their experience. Culture is click-ish and most time cut throat and undermining. They do not allow you to utilize the professional training for advancement just specific to your job only.
Pros
benefits are ok
Cons
They promote and hire who they like within
N/a
Fiscal Administrator (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 21, 2017
There is alot of nepotism, and favoritism displayed up thru Executive Management. Change needs to occur at the top, for the culture to improve. I have no further comments
Fast paced and challenging
Police Expediter (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 17, 2017
You have to have patience and love what you do. The job is not for everyone. Great people to work with. You become part of the SAPD family. The job is fast paced and challenging.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at City of San Antonio. Our community is ready to answer.