City of San Antonio Employee Reviews in United States

Would not suggest to anyone
Maintenance Worker (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMarch 28, 2016
What had started out as a wonderful place to work, great boss, happy co-workers, difficult but do-able job, changed into chaos. A typical day was to keep our section clean. It was simple. Now... you had added duties to do as well as what you had to do and meetings which subtracted even more time. Any complaints that were heard where not being fixed and nothing was done about them. With that being said, I wish to state that it is only within the BESD part of the City of San Antonio that this happening. I'm sure other departments are not as bad seeing how they are not under the same Director. The most enjoyable part of the job was being told that we doing our job by both the staff and parents. The hardest part was knowing that, once they swapped crew leaders, things would never get better which at that point, I made my decision to leave.
Pros
Friendly staff & Co-workers, some Beneftis
Cons
The current Director
Senior Management Analyst (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXFebruary 26, 2016
Working for the City has taught me many things about construction and project management. It is a great place to work with smart and talented people.
Benefits
Cons
salary
Enjoyable place to work
Senior Energy Analyst (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXFebruary 4, 2016
The City of San Antonio is a good place to work but, like most Cities, is involved with so many initiatives that it can be hard to effectively focus on any one project. On the plus side, the people are nice and there are ample opportunities for professional development.
Pros
Nice people, ability to make a positive difference
Cons
Constant reorganizations
Spent 13 years of my life with the City - enough said
Temporary Clerical (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 30, 2016
There were good times, bad times, special times, sad times. But all in all I woudn't have changed much of it. Learned a lot and enjoyed being part of the CoSA family.
Pros
Made a good living
Cons
Current City Management
Easy job, but difficult place to work
Assistant Archivist/Certified Passport Agent (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 29, 2016
Clerical work; customer service; presentations to the public and other City employees; many "other duties as assigned" that you never expected to have to deal with
Pros
Great co-workers
Cons
Dysfunctional work environment due to politics and red-tape
Good Department for training
Historic Building Enforcement Officer (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 15, 2016
If you're looking for simple training in code enforcement and licensing, this would be a good place to start. If you apply and get hired, good luck!
Fun in the sun
Lifeguard (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 13, 2016
Arrive early and stay late. Learned life saving skills, some co-workers were juvenile.Supervisor was reasonable and respectful. Enjoyed interacting with patrons, and ensuring thier saftey. Disliked scheduling conflicts, since some co-workers got more work days even though they were juvenile in their work mindset.
working on the windows 7 migration project
IT Desktop Support Technician (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXNovember 9, 2015
I thing the City of San Antonio ITSD Department
is a great place to grow and to develop new skins with experience IT Team assisting the Police dep. and the Police academy city hall and all the City of San Antonio facilities with the upgrading and new software installations.
Pros
Develop Skills
Cons
Low pay as a Destop Support Technician
Pleasant working environment.
ASSISTANT CITY ATTORNEY III (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TexasOctober 16, 2015
Pleasant working environment. I was fortunate to be able to work with very smart and astute professionals where I learned and honed my skills as an attorney. I really enjoyed working with management on team projects and feeling the sense of accomplishment. The most rewarding feeling was being able to provide housing and economic opportunities for citizens who struggle the most in our community.
Pros
The projects and assignments.
Cons
Unfortunate choice in division management.
Enjoyed working with people
Chauffeur (Former Employee) –  AirportOctober 13, 2015
I enjoyed working with my co-workers and the public. I loved having the opportunity to help people. The other chauffeurs and I worked well with each other to transport our customers in the safest, fastest way possible. We had radios on the bus and let each other know when 1 bus was leaving an area so the other bus knew when to leave their area.
Pros
the City has excellant benefits
Cons
you work all holidays that fall on you normal schedule.
Great organization.
Contract Officer (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 6, 2015
The City of San Antonio is a great organization. I would highly encourage anyone to seek a career with this organization.
good place to work, friendly atmosphere
Custodian (Current Employee) –  medical driveSeptember 28, 2015
good place to work, overall. Management and teachers respect and appreciate the custodial staff, and we are always included in all activities such as pot luck days.
Custodial staff tries to work as a team and helps each other out.
Pros
fairly safe enviroment
Fun place to work if you like entertainment
Counselor's Clerk and Vice Principal Secretary (Current Employee) –  AlamodomeSeptember 22, 2015
Overall good part-time job. Must have patience and good customer service to service in this position. At times the job is a cake walk, and other times a challenge.
Fun work place
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 9, 2015
 Performs a variety of clerical duties in assigned department including inputting data and maintaining databases, answering telephones and taking messages, and providing excellent customer service.
 Conducts face-to-face appointments with prospective Pre-K 4 SA families
 Maintain data entry activities associated with student records, and follow up with communication, and dissemination of information.
 Provided customer services to parents, school staff, and outside clients concerning Registration.
Pros
free coffee and water
Cons
sitting a long periods of time
Fun to work w/ kids.
Recreation Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 30, 2015
Good job, low pay, not enough hours. Great atmosphere and not far from where I live. Supervisor is fair. Co workers are easy to get along with.
Pros
lots of exercise.
Cons
Working only 16 hrs. a week.
productive
911 communication specialists (Former Employee) –  san antonio, texasAugust 18, 2015
Good work environment
Was able to help people from day to day that needed the help which was one of the best parts of my job. My co workers were hard working and friendly.
Senior Plans Examiner - Consultations (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 14, 2015
Days are challenging and can be fast paced. The employee is expected to make quick and decisive decisions on the go. I am not afraid to make a decision. If it is not the right one, then myself and others can learn from it. I have never made a decision and was questioned by my employer.
Pros
Benefits Package is excellent
Cons
Pay could be more based on my experience
Not well management.
Safety Coordinator (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 8, 2015
Management staff appear to lack very basic employee relation experience. Could use more training in how to work better with people. Utilizes a "crisis management" approach toward addressing issues.
intern
Office of the City Auditor (Former Employee) –  san antonioJuly 29, 2015
The environment is relaxed yet very productive. Everyone is willing to help. Everyone's opinion is valued. The management is very effective and willing to mentor their employees through the projects.
working with team productive people
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  SAN ANTONIO, TXJuly 24, 2015
Able to interact with people in a professional matter, answer phone & question pertaining to job, knowledgeable in filing, scanning, background check, data entry.
Pros
working with team orientated people
Cons
working with people that are negative