City of San Antonio Employee Reviews

Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXFebruary 6, 2017
The city of San Antonio is a good company to work for. They have good training programs as well as on the job training. With any new job you must be motivated and work hard for what you want, this is the same integrity you must have for any department within the city.
Pros
Great Managers & Co-Workers
Cons
No earner promotions; No raises
Awesome good. I should have never left
Heavy Equipment Tech/Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 19, 2017
Great job with job security. Good benefits and retirement plans. the word wasn't too hard and the sups were always firm but fair.
Pros
Good pay, good benefits, awesome supervisors
Cons
rotating shifts
Tot me every thing i Know
Senior Electrician (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXFebruary 16, 2017
With the city i started as a Laborer. In the 33 Years i was with them I learned Carpentry, Plumbing, Irigation, Electricity, Electronics, got my Journeyman License While working there, and I learned tooperate Heavey Equipment, and got my class A CDL.
Pros
Pay was low but constunt, Benifits
Cons
Pay
Passport Division (Current Employee) –  Municipal Archives, Passports & Records FacilityNovember 3, 2016
I have worked for the Office of the City Clerk for almost 5 years now, and I have to say its been a great job, granted every job like every relationship has its ups and downs but at the end of the day i enjoy my job and look forward to tomorrow.
Pros
Benefits, co-workers, management
Phone work job.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXFebruary 23, 2017
The City of San Antonio has a good benefit and retirement plan. The hours are steady, most are Mon - Fri 745am - 430 pm. It was great working with the co workers.
benefits
Cons
the people
very nice
Garbage Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXNovember 11, 2016
Been there 15yrs and going ... Good people to work with and fun hours ,, only work 4days a week 10hrs a day great pay and medical benefits,, overtime is there if you want it ,,, family friendly place to work
Job security
Administrative Associate (Former Employee) –  Senior CenterJune 21, 2016
Fast Pase, I have expanded my knowledge in MS Office, Great management, Coworkers are great, Everything here is enjoyable. They only thing I really dislike is if you work downtown you have to pay for your own parking.
Benefits
Good benefits
Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 12, 2017
the city of San Antonio is a good company to work for. They have good training programs as well as on the job training. With any new job you must be motivated and work hard for what you want, this is the same integrity you must have for any department within the city.
Decent work environment
Lead Route Inspector (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXApril 25, 2016
Plenty of work in my department. Very little chance of advancement. Decent mix of indoor and outdoor assignments. The co-workers are good people
Pros
Job security
Cons
Dwindling pay; no earner promotions; no raises
City of San Antonio
Program Coordinator (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXFebruary 24, 2017
It is a place that is very demanding and will keep you on your toes. If you have good management you will soar, if not well....you know.
Pros
Alot of work
Cons
Senior Management Analyst (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXFebruary 26, 2016
Working for the City has taught me many things about construction and project management. It is a great place to work with smart and talented people.
Benefits
Cons
salary
Overall good
Construction Inspector I (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 10, 2017
Good atmosphere to gain knowledge in all aspects of construction around the city. Challenging, yet learned a lot from supporting co workers. Typical day consisted of monitoring construction crews around the city.
The City of San Antonio
Administrative Assistant/Paralegal (Former Employee) –  City HallOctober 19, 2016
I enjoyed working for the City of San Antonio very much. While we were all very busy, everyone including management worked together as a team at all times.
Challangeing and informative
POLICE CADET (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 17, 2017
there was so much educataton and learning that was required by sstate law in order for us to learn the skills training needed for the job. the city has good benifites
High Structured Work Enviroment
Investment Officer (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 14, 2016
Great co-works

Learned a lot about Finance

Not much flexibility with hours or vacation time

Management not supportive of employee goals or career advancement
Not fun at all
Maintance Worker (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 21, 2016
All i heard was complaining with full time workers for the city. Nothing was set in stone. Everyone in upper management was constantly moving around. it began to be a big headache.
Great environement
Safety Coordinator (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TX 78205November 15, 2016
Great work environment. Everyone works closely with one another t achieve the same goal. Work and home balance is very comfortable. Supervisors work great to achieve dally goals
Pleasure to work with Head Start families
Family Support Worker (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 1, 2014
-Arrive at work prior to the children being dropped off at school to meet and greet the families and to speak with them if there are any concerns or missing required paperwork.
-Call the parents or guardians or the children who are absent and document the reason.
-review files to ensure everything is up to date.
-management unfortunately was not supportive and micro-managed.
-co-workers were awesome, always worked together as a team.
-hardest part of the job was seeing the hardship a lot of the families had to experience.
-the most enjoyable part was being able to help the families become self-sufficient
Pros
benefits and accrual of time off
Cons
short lunch
Enjoyed working with people
Chauffeur (Former Employee) –  AirportOctober 13, 2015
I enjoyed working with my co-workers and the public. I loved having the opportunity to help people. The other chauffeurs and I worked well with each other to transport our customers in the safest, fastest way possible. We had radios on the bus and let each other know when 1 bus was leaving an area so the other bus knew when to leave their area.
Pros
the City has excellant benefits
Cons
you work all holidays that fall on you normal schedule.
Internship (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXNovember 7, 2016
Enjoyed where I worked or internship was at. Was fun and very fast pace at Animal care services. Employees were nice, lead vet techs were amazing and very helpful.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at City of San Antonio. Our community is ready to answer.

City of San Antonio Reviews by Location