City of San Antonio

City of San Antonio Employee Reviews

I love My branch
Library Assisant (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXJune 21, 2015
Pros: Great hours, great staff, great pay
Cons: Administration nosy, no perks like other branches
I love the people I work especially my manager. But administration always watches us like we are doing something wrong despite us pulling in great numbers.
Productive and efficient environment, High Standards with Teamwork, Intergrity, Innovation, and Professionalism
Management Analyst, Contracts Management Division (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXJune 2, 2015
Pros: Health and Wellness Programs
Excellent place to work in San Antonio. Employees hold the most highest standards regarding the City's Core Values! You will see friendliness, helpful, and caring people who are ready to serve our community at large!
Good job to get customer service experience
Office Assistant (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXMay 2, 2015
Pros: Helping people
Cons: Micromanaging supervisors
Management is always micromanaging the employees.
Good pay and benefits.
Excellent job for people that have good typing, administrative and telephone skills.
Can be a bit depressing listening to people's problems on the phone.
Some customers can be kind of rude and curse over the phone.
Call center environment so hours and lunch times are set.
it was a vary entering work place
Assist the Disabled (Former Employee), san antiono txApril 29, 2015
i loved working for the city of san antiono it was norly is ez going
the coworker where nice/ as well as management
the hardest part was standing for long parts of time
I wished, I could of stayed
Admin. Associate (Clerical Pool) (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXApril 10, 2015
Cons: temp-no benefits
The hardest part is coming in as newbie, I did encounter some resistance. I wish could of stayed as a permanent employee. I had the privilege of working in different department.
Great work environment
Senior Management Analyst (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXMarch 26, 2015
I work with an amazing group of people. Everyone is helpful and dedicated to the mission of the department. The work I do is very rewarding.
rewarding giving back to the community
District Director (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXMarch 6, 2015
Pros: meeting people in the community and finding out what residents are concerned about
Cons: contracted so no job security
address concerns residents have with the city and help resolve the issues to their satisfaction. the co-workers are very friendly and easy to work with very much team work.
Good benefits
Community Services Supervisor (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXFebruary 28, 2015
The City of San Antonio has good health and retirement benefits. Each department has its quirks though. Community Initiatives, the department where I worked, was defunded and broken apart.
It happens.
Internal Audit Intern
Internal Audit Intern (Former Employee), S. Presa, Downtown San AntonioFebruary 22, 2015
Pros: great employees, great management, great pay, adequate responsibility
Cons: location
I had the opportunity to Intern with the City of San Antonio's City Auditor Office in the summer of 2014. It turned out to be a very positive experience. Management was great, the culture is comfortable, and I learned a lot in my time there.
Freelance SQA Test Engineer/Analyst (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXFebruary 15, 2015
I like working for this client. They are very supportive and encouraging and foster a feeling of being wanted as an integral part of operations.
Supervise and help garbage and recycling routes
Route Supervisor (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXFebruary 12, 2015
Perform daily inspections on equipment, safety equipment and routes.Conducts safety briefings, fills out accident reports and personal injury reports.Plan and schedule work assignments, establish work load standards and design routes to balance the work load. Supervise garbage/ recycle drivers to assure their routes completed in a timely manner .
Very good place to create strong bonds with fellow technicians, I still keep in contact with several co-workers, had many a fun moment there
Equipment Technician (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXJanuary 28, 2015
Pros: co worker comaraderie, good work breaks, low level of supervision
Cons: very strict, sometimes unreasonable time line deadlines, often times understaffed
The end was very unfortunate, as I was discharged due to a lower back injury that was incurred on Military duty. Human Resources failed to help me find an adequate job that would suit my physical limitations. Although they kept me on at a light duty/modified duty status longer than they should have, I thought more could have been done to help me stay with the City. I was a very good and willing worker and needed my job to help support my family, as it stands now, I am struggling to help ends meet now, I am a full-time student trying to learn a new job skill.
productive
Family Service Worker (Former Employee), San AntonioJanuary 2, 2015
loved my job working with families is great. Helping families is what I lovw to do. giving resources
Great Company to work for!!
Certified Quality Reviewer (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXNovember 10, 2014
Pros: learning new ways to help others.
Cons: no healthcare coverage.
Arrive to work and engage in friendly work atmosphere. Help customers review best options for filing their Income Taxes. Different types of ways to file. Fast friendly and accurately customer service skills.The management is the best in training and also in teaching you new ways to improve your social/communication skills. Your co-workers are always their for you to ask questions if needed. I would have to say that the hardest part of the day is not being able to get to everyone in the time allowed because Tax preparation is free and it does come on a first serve basis. Making a difference in peoples lives when it really counts.
Very good to work for.
Heavy Equipment Mechanic (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXNovember 8, 2014
Services ground equip.
Everything.
Professional.
Fun to work with.
Language barrier.
Learning new knowledge.
Fun place to work and great fellow employees.
Dispatcher / Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXNovember 3, 2014
Pros: great environment
Cons: rotating work schedules.
It was really fun working with the City. The people I worked with were a lot of fun and always positive. I really liked it.
very fast paced environment, hard work places
Collector/Driver B-CDL (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXOctober 28, 2014
worked under extreme weather conditions. good co-workers and fun to work with. excellent team players.
Benefits
Senior Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXOctober 10, 2014
Pros: benefit
The City of San Antonio offered every employee great benefits and a good retirement plan.
Pleasure to work with Head Start families
Family Support Worker (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXOctober 1, 2014
Pros: benefits and accrual of time off
Cons: short lunch
-Arrive at work prior to the children being dropped off at school to meet and greet the families and to speak with them if there are any concerns or missing required paperwork.
-Call the parents or guardians or the children who are absent and document the reason.
-review files to ensure everything is up to date.
-management unfortunately was not supportive and micro-managed.
-co-workers were awesome, always worked together as a team.
-hardest part of the job was seeing the hardship a lot of the families had to experience.
-the most enjoyable part was being able to help the families become self-sufficient
n/a
Payroll Clerk (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXAugust 30, 2014
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
Enjoy working for company unitl downsized. Had limited oppurunity to grow

1 2 3 4

About City of San Antonio

When you "Remember the Alamo," don't forget San Antonio! The second-largest Texas city (behind Houston), with a population of about – Read more

City of San Antonio Salaries