City of Sacramento Employee Reviews

challenging place to work
utilities field services supervisor (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAOctober 28, 2017
the City of Sacramento is a good place to work, they have decent benefits and the work environment is good overall, working at the City of Sacramento you will find challenges and opportunities that you may not find at a smaller Town/city .
Pros
Decent benefits and good place to work
Cons
transition of management and slow to react
Thank you.
Accounting Technician (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAOctober 14, 2017
Time spent was educational, Thank you for allowing me to join your utilities department albeit brief. With the election of a new mayor and restructure LIFO(union Last In First Out) was inevitable for me.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
After school
After School Program Leader (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAOctober 14, 2017
Prepare lesson for class and meet our children. Have supper, Outside play, enrichment, then homework.
Management was great and always helped staff with ideas and supplies.
Pros
Working with wonderful children
Cons
Hours cut back, told to get lessions/idems prepared on your own time
It was a friendly,fun,and safe workplace. It also have great benefits and gives you a great chance to advance in a successful workplace.
Sanitation Worker ll (Former Employee) –  2812 Meadowview rd. Sacramento, Ca. 95832September 19, 2017
Arrive to work on time and completed garbage routes within a timely manner. Serve the public with good quality and a friendly attitude. Stayed over time if needed.
Pros
worked as a team
Cons
no lunchbreaks
Great job
Utilities Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CASeptember 10, 2017
Worked there for 27 yrs. Allowed me to be in one place and received a steady paycheck and raise a family

You will not get rich but you will get a steady check and get some gratification from working for the public
Depends on the department
Human Services Program Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CASeptember 5, 2017
With the city, it depends on the department you are in. I had a Great time! I loved working for the city, just bad timing. Since I have left the department I was in has changed drastically.
Pros
great job
Cons
No one wants to leave and some leaders are complacent.
good
Sanitation Worker II (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAAugust 29, 2017
Worked for the city for 35 years had a great career saw a lot of people come through and was one of the last people to go that where hired with me and retired.
City of Sac needs a better leader
Parking Enforcement Officer (Former Employee) –  city of sacramento, CAAugust 23, 2017
Didn't like the position or department I was in. Micro managed.Department was very poorly run. Supervisors did not care to help when employees needed it.
Self managing Work
Utility Worker (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAAugust 7, 2017
Clean parks and make sure they maintain a clean environment. There is a lot of drama not the best work environment kind of like high school. I enjoy being able to work at my own pace.
City of Sacramento
KEY DATA OPERATOR/SCANNER-Assist planners (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAAugust 1, 2017
I loved working here, but it was through a temporary agency. I didn't like paying for parking. I didn't like how far I had to walk from the parking structure
Pros
great pay
Cons
parking fees
Productive days
Utility worker (Former Employee) –  NatomasJune 29, 2017
This job was very great the days went by well. I very much enjoyed learning how to maintain the parks and it's surroundings, keeping everything clean.
Pros
Co-workers, driving, productivity
Cons
Slow days
Fun And Full Of Excitement
Senior Recreational Aide (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJune 19, 2017
Working for the City Of Sacramento Community centers was the best experience I have had with youth. Giving kids the experience to visit locations outside of their city was something I will always remember.
Pros
Free Lunch, Fieldtrips, Youth Sports
Cons
Not Enough Participants
good place to work if you plan to be a teacher
START - After School facilitator (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJune 8, 2017
a lot of responsibility, work and stress but if you love children and dont mind making 12 per hour take the job. You will love the kids you have as long as they are in 3rd grade or lower.
Pros
preps for teachers
Cons
low pay
It was okay
Laundry Worker (Former Employee) –  651 I streetMay 20, 2017
I do approve of the city of sacrament o as a place of work for anyone. I would like for u to take my app into consideration with the possibility of employment
Room for Growth
Recreation Aide (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAMay 19, 2017
I enjoyed working with the city. The only con was that there is little to no chance of moving up in the position I had. Outside of that I enjoyed working in my position day in and day out.
good benefits
Parking Lot Attendant (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAApril 5, 2017
good steady job but not enough money. people are ok but management was kind of iffy. I would work for the city again but different department within the city.
Water Maintaining
Field Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAMarch 13, 2017
A typical day working for the City of Sacramento, a lot of driving to different destinations. I learned a lot about the water system and how it works. Management was very great, my manager at the time always made sure I felt comfortable with any task he gave to me. The hardest part about the job, was working in the middle of the roads. The most enjoyable part about the job, the unity the staff had with each other.
My Office
Office of the City Treasurer (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAFebruary 26, 2017
My office is very professional yet laid back and my workload is never ending. The office is a very diverse and friendly.The management is about to go through a possible change, but as for now, the management team is really nice, low key and supportive.
Working in Education
Human Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CADecember 14, 2016
Loved everything about it, but challenges come with working with education and recreation. The pay is horrible unless it is a Summer job or you are a Site Lead or Supervisor.
Encourage creativity
Recreation Leader (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CADecember 5, 2016
A typical day at work would be to make sure all supplies where ready for the days or weekly projects. Loved all my co workers we are very close to this day. The best part of the job was i was getting paid to pplay with kiddos all day.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at City of Sacramento. Our community is ready to answer.

City of Sacramento Reviews by Location