CITY OF SACRAMENTO

CITY OF SACRAMENTO Employee Reviews

Fun and learning environment for students
Human Resource Program Coordinator/Program Manager (Current Employee), SacramentoJune 20, 2015
Pros: Inspiring young people lives and making a difference for every avenue possible
Cons: no benefits, healthcare, not reliable, seasonal
Overall, my position allows me for advancement at all times and gave me the opportunity to learn management skills. A typical day at work would be to manage a site of 112 students and 5 line staff. My job is to make sure that our After school program is providing a safe, fun and learning environment for our students. Facilitating and training my staffs to give the best and effective customer services to our families. The hardest part of my job is that when school is not in session we are not working and it does create a financial dent. Although, I love what I do for our young people and I've been with this company for almost 8 years. The most enjoyable part of my job is to see students attend our program and refuses to leave at the end of the day because they had fun. Making a difference in our young peoples lives is what I currently do.
I felt very honored to have worked for the City of Sacramento
Account Technician (Former Employee), Sacramento, CAJune 7, 2015
My career with the City of Sacramento was very satisfying. I felt I had the best job ever! Management was great, my coworkers were great. My job was fulfilling and I felt very honored to have been employed with the City of Sacramento,.
Outgoing Work Enviroment
Surveyor Representative (Former Employee), Sacramento, CAMay 20, 2015
Pros: Companies Luncheons
Cons: It was a call in job
Working and dealing with people on and off of the phone. Meeting quota each hour of your shift. Always remain professional, also a lot of reading. I've learned how to multi task doing various of things effectively. I perfected to have a professional high volume voice over the phone. Also knows how to study a companies product in order to keep sales rates up. Management was fair. Co workers were helpful and friendly. The hardest part of the job is to keep consumers interest, the enjoyable part is talking to so many personalities over the phone while working.
fun work force
Lifeguard/Swim Teacher (Former Employee), Sacramento, CAMay 19, 2015
watching kids swim, teaching swimming lessons, cashier, taking classes to be certified in cpr and first aid. being a lifeguard was a great god
Good career and room for advancement
Special Program Leader (Current Employee), Sacramento, CAApril 29, 2015
Pros: Work outdoors
Cons: Seasonal employment, physically laboring
This is a nice, outdoor work environment. This job requires a lot of physical labor and diligence. For someone to succeed in this line of work they must be able to follow clear directions, take initiative and have integrity and hard work ethic. This job is physically demanding, but the hours are great.
Great experience! I love working here!
IT Student Assistant Intern (Current Employee), Sacramento, CAApril 1, 2015
Pros: Teamwork is excellent, opportunity to grow and to develop.
Cons: You have pay to park if you work here. Some city employees get to park at City Hall, but most just park in a paid parking garage.
This a great place to get your foot in the door if you are looking to work in Information Technology. My job includes providing IT related services to other city employees in downtown Sacramento. I also provide remote assistance and as well as documenting for inventory of computers and other equipment, such as printers, mobile phones, monitors. I have knowledge of also performing hardware prepare. Seriously, it is a fantastic job working a team who is very talented and very proficient at what they do. I always have coworkers who can help me. We work together as a team. My supervisor is a great person to get along with, so enthusiastic and able to check on me and my performance in the workplace and tell me what I need to fix. Not many supervisors do that. This is a great environment to work in. I enjoy it very much.
Lifeguard
Management Sr. Lifeguard /Facility Manager (Current Employee), Sacramento, CAMarch 21, 2015
Pros: tan, long breaks, otter-pops, good pay
Cons: inconsistent hours, seasonal
The city provides excellent pay, training, and flexibility. There are opportunities for advancement to those who take the job seriously and make a noticeable effort.
WELLS FARGO
Program Coordinator (Former Employee), Sacramento, CAFebruary 23, 2015
AWESOME BANKING JOB. PROMOTED UP 3 POSITIONS FROM ORIGINAL START POSITION.TEACHES YOU ABOUT CLIENTS AND HOW PRECIOUS BANKING TO THE T IS.
Having to interact with the community .
Administrative Assistant/Outreach Coordinator (Current Employee), Sacramento, CADecember 4, 2014
Pros: getting to meet new people all the time .
Cons: having to say goodbye to the people we meet .
The day starts with coffee and staff meeting , and is always very exciting to find out what projects is in store for the day.We are in Neighborhood Services so we do a lot of events for the community.The management is very understanding and enjoyable to work for. My co-workers are all awesome and we have fun working together .The hardest part of work is when we are done with a project and have to move on to the next . It is very rewarding to see how our work for the community is making peoples lives a little better.
Parks and recreation reloaded
Instructional Aide (Former Employee), Sacramento, CASeptember 9, 2014
Pros: advancement options, great hours, trips
Cons: difficult communities, outdoor conditions
City of Sacramento has various parks and recreation programs focused on the youth of Sacramento. This programs provides after school tutoring, enrichment activities and field trips. Many of students who come to the program are from low income families. They are able to come to these programs and have a free lunch, get help with their homework and be with their friends. The program includes various enrichment options including dance, step, choir, science and robotics and more. The management is very understanding to each students needs and allows the staff to create their own enrichment programs to meet these needs. Overall a great program for kids of all ages.
Working with a fantastic crew
Youth Aide (Former Employee), Sacramento, CAAugust 28, 2014
Pros: loved working in the parks
Cons: only a 8 week program
Working with a fantastic crew. Everyone chipped in to help their team to get the job done.
Great place to develop communication skills
Senior Recreation Aide (Current Employee), Sacramento, CAAugust 27, 2014
Pros: minimal entry requirements, flexible schedule
Cons: lack of advancement
Working with the public, government agencies, and vendors gives this department a unique set of experiences.
Useful, productive area for silent down time
Recreation Aide (Part-Time) (Current Employee), Sacramento, CAJuly 28, 2014
Pros: quiet, productive enviroment
Cons: no room for advancement
I typically come in and turn on all the computers in the computer lab. I clean the keyboards and wipe down the surrounding areas. I monitor children, teenagers and adults as they use the computer facility. It is my job to make sure they are well behaved and viewing "appropriate" material on the computers. I also help set up email and social media accounts and show consumers how to navigate the internet.
(Some also meet here to study and complete projects and/or homework)
it was a family type work place
Utility Worker (Former Employee), Sacramento, CAJune 22, 2014
Pros: the work is not hard
Cons: seasonal
every day we start working getting things done then we would check all safety code for the play ground everybody was like family we all had each others back. It is a great job to have.
Alot of Work and Worth It
Maintenance, Repair, and Facilities (Former Employee), Sacramento, CAMay 21, 2014
Working for the city was a good experience. I had an great supervisor and work along with an good team
A nice professional environment as a EKG technician
Organize, lead (Former Employee), Sacramento, CAMarch 22, 2014
Pros: professional environment
Cons: healthcare
I graduated as a EKG Technician and got my certificate and pass the exam and also have my CPR license contact me if your interested.
I had a great time working for my supervisor she was an excellent boss. I appreciate the opportunity she gave me that nobody else did.
Clerical Assistant (Former Employee), Sacramento, CAJanuary 29, 2014
Pros: free food on various holidays, birthdays, meetings.
Cons: parking was horrible. (downtown area)
A typical day at work started with updating my boss on her meetings, messages, memos, ext. Then if needed I'd format agendas for meetings. I'd also make sure all of my bosses files and documents were in order. Various typical office tasks was an everyday thing. Any free time I had I spent on the Microsoft Office Training Program, I learned a few tricks to various office programs. Around lunch time I'd go get my boss something to eat if she was still in her meetings, so she can eat before heading to her next meeting. After lunch i'd make sure she had all of her meetings were re-updated, i'd also send out meeting requests if needed. I sorted all of her email to individual folders by person or topic. I'd typically end the day with making sure our office area was clean and organized and made sure all office supplies were stocked for the following day. My co-workers were very kind, there were quiet ones but I was quiet myself, I got along with everyone I never had any issue with a co-worker. They were all very enjoyable to work with and i learned a lot from them with work lessons and life lessons. The hardest part of the job was having to leave it for school.
great working with the community
Human Service Analyst (Former Employee), Sacramento, CAJanuary 23, 2014
Pros: community
Cons: low pay
Working for a collaborative was great learning experience
close to home at the time, often went to lunch as a team
Typist Clerk II- Building and Fire Permits (Former Employee), Sacramento, caJanuary 3, 2014
Pros: good people, close to home at the time
Cons: temp position, mostly male enviroment
I was a temp for the City, but during that time I learned alot about the permit process and how important it is for people homes and business. I worked with alot of older men, infact I was the only women in the department. But was treated with respect and as an equal. Because I was a temp assigned to help them catch up on back logged work it made it hard to fill the day once we were caught up. I most enjoyed the department dinner night. Once a month we would get together as a team and all go to dinner and get to know each other as people not just co-workers.
Great college or seasonal job
Recreation Aide (Former Employee), Sacramento, CAJanuary 3, 2014
Pros: easy money, summer fun
Cons: supervisors can be selfish
Playing games with kids, How cool is that??

Learned how to manage 55 youths by myself with no issues.

Patience is a virtue.

The kids will remember you forever! that's both a pro and a con.

1 2 3