CITY OF SACRAMENTO Employee Reviews in United States

Lots of undue pressure poor mahagment system
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAMarch 17, 2016
Loved my job but management structured poorly and no hope for change in sight. Basically one person in charge of almost every trainee decision it's a dictatorship with no salvation for those they've put their faith, time and money into.
Productive and interacting work day in the commmunity
Recreational Aide (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAMarch 3, 2016
Very helpful resourced for patrons in the area . Varies helpful meetings to advance society in diverse ways. Hardest part of the job would probably dealing with the amount of drug use around the area. Most enjoyable part, being able to make someone else happy by just a little bit of information.
Pros
Meeting new people everyday
Cons
The high voice levels
good
Sanitation Worker (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAOctober 22, 2015
good hours&pay,friendly co workers,good trucks to work with,mechanics on site.grounds well maintained,grounds are secured well,
Pros
gym on site
Cons
some times, long hours
Very diverse atmosphere
Personnel Technician (Former Employee) –  Sacramento CASeptember 25, 2015
Working for the city gives you a sense of civic duty every single day. Providing benefits to fellow personnel is gratifying in and of itself. Special events at City Hall always create a buzz of excitement.
Pros
Diverse atmosphere and variety of work required by the City
Cons
The pace of working Downtown may not be for everyone.
Fun Environment With Children
Out of School Time Leader (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAAugust 29, 2015
Students Check in, Supper is handed out, then student go to classrooms for homework time. After staff decided what to do for the day, either outside activity or enrichment project or both. Then later all students and staff return to cafeteria for parent sign out. I learned that for students and people in general to open up to you, you need to open up to them; this also leads to an open atmosphere for any type of communication. Also not everyone can be helped but that does not mean one should give up. My Site Director was always on top of things as best as she could, but the management above her was unorganized and office politics slowed many things. For the most part staff worked well at site. Hardest part of the job was leaving because of the connections that were made there. The most enjoyable were those same connections.
Pros
Great site directors
Cons
Office politics hurt empolyees
Parking Enforcement Officer (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJuly 12, 2015
Great place to work, great benefits and co-workers. Management has your back and they listen. Loved working outside with the public.
Fun and learning environment for students
Human Resource Program Coordinator/Program Manager (Current Employee) –  SacramentoJune 20, 2015
Overall, my position allows me for advancement at all times and gave me the opportunity to learn management skills. A typical day at work would be to manage a site of 112 students and 5 line staff. My job is to make sure that our After school program is providing a safe, fun and learning environment for our students. Facilitating and training my staffs to give the best and effective customer services to our families. The hardest part of my job is that when school is not in session we are not working and it does create a financial dent. Although, I love what I do for our young people and I've been with this company for almost 8 years. The most enjoyable part of my job is to see students attend our program and refuses to leave at the end of the day because they had fun. Making a difference in our young peoples lives is what I currently do.
Pros
Inspiring young people lives and making a difference for every avenue possible
Cons
no benefits, healthcare, not reliable, seasonal
I felt very honored to have worked for the City of Sacramento
Account Technician (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJune 7, 2015
My career with the City of Sacramento was very satisfying. I felt I had the best job ever! Management was great, my coworkers were great. My job was fulfilling and I felt very honored to have been employed with the City of Sacramento,.
Outgoing Work Enviroment
Surveyor Representative (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAMay 20, 2015
Working and dealing with people on and off of the phone. Meeting quota each hour of your shift. Always remain professional, also a lot of reading. I've learned how to multi task doing various of things effectively. I perfected to have a professional high volume voice over the phone. Also knows how to study a companies product in order to keep sales rates up. Management was fair. Co workers were helpful and friendly. The hardest part of the job is to keep consumers interest, the enjoyable part is talking to so many personalities over the phone while working.
Pros
Companies Luncheons
Cons
It was a call in job
fun work force
Lifeguard/Swim Teacher (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAMay 19, 2015
watching kids swim, teaching swimming lessons, cashier, taking classes to be certified in cpr and first aid. being a lifeguard was a great god
Good career and room for advancement
Special Program Leader (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAApril 29, 2015
This is a nice, outdoor work environment. This job requires a lot of physical labor and diligence. For someone to succeed in this line of work they must be able to follow clear directions, take initiative and have integrity and hard work ethic. This job is physically demanding, but the hours are great.
Pros
Work outdoors
Cons
Seasonal employment, physically laboring
Great experience! I love working here!
IT Student Assistant Intern (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAApril 1, 2015
This a great place to get your foot in the door if you are looking to work in Information Technology. My job includes providing IT related services to other city employees in downtown Sacramento. I also provide remote assistance and as well as documenting for inventory of computers and other equipment, such as printers, mobile phones, monitors. I have knowledge of also performing hardware prepare. Seriously, it is a fantastic job working a team who is very talented and very proficient at what they do. I always have coworkers who can help me. We work together as a team. My supervisor is a great person to get along with, so enthusiastic and able to check on me and my performance in the workplace and tell me what I need to fix. Not many supervisors do that. This is a great environment to work in. I enjoy it very much.
Pros
Teamwork is excellent, opportunity to grow and to develop.
Cons
You have pay to park if you work here. Some city employees get to park at City Hall, but most just park in a paid parking garage.
Lifeguard
Management Sr. Lifeguard /Facility Manager (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAMarch 21, 2015
The city provides excellent pay, training, and flexibility. There are opportunities for advancement to those who take the job seriously and make a noticeable effort.
Pros
tan, long breaks, otter-pops, good pay
Cons
inconsistent hours, seasonal
Wells fargo
Program Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAFebruary 23, 2015
Awesome banking job. Promoted up 3 positions from original start position.Teaches you about clients and how precious banking to the t is.
Having to interact with the community .
Administrative Assistant/Outreach Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CADecember 4, 2014
The day starts with coffee and staff meeting , and is always very exciting to find out what projects is in store for the day.We are in Neighborhood Services so we do a lot of events for the community.The management is very understanding and enjoyable to work for. My co-workers are all awesome and we have fun working together .The hardest part of work is when we are done with a project and have to move on to the next . It is very rewarding to see how our work for the community is making peoples lives a little better.
Pros
getting to meet new people all the time .
Cons
having to say goodbye to the people we meet .
Parks and recreation reloaded
Instructional Aide (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CASeptember 9, 2014
City of Sacramento has various parks and recreation programs focused on the youth of Sacramento. This programs provides after school tutoring, enrichment activities and field trips. Many of students who come to the program are from low income families. They are able to come to these programs and have a free lunch, get help with their homework and be with their friends. The program includes various enrichment options including dance, step, choir, science and robotics and more. The management is very understanding to each students needs and allows the staff to create their own enrichment programs to meet these needs. Overall a great program for kids of all ages.
Pros
advancement options, great hours, trips
Cons
difficult communities, outdoor conditions
Working with a fantastic crew
Youth Aide (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAAugust 28, 2014
Working with a fantastic crew. Everyone chipped in to help their team to get the job done.
Pros
loved working in the parks
Cons
only a 8 week program
Great place to develop communication skills
Senior Recreation Aide (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAAugust 27, 2014
Working with the public, government agencies, and vendors gives this department a unique set of experiences.
Pros
minimal entry requirements, flexible schedule
Cons
lack of advancement
Useful, productive area for silent down time
Recreation Aide (Part-Time) (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJuly 28, 2014
I typically come in and turn on all the computers in the computer lab. I clean the keyboards and wipe down the surrounding areas. I monitor children, teenagers and adults as they use the computer facility. It is my job to make sure they are well behaved and viewing "appropriate" material on the computers. I also help set up email and social media accounts and show consumers how to navigate the internet.
(Some also meet here to study and complete projects and/or homework)
Pros
quiet, productive enviroment
Cons
no room for advancement
it was a family type work place
Utility Worker (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJune 22, 2014
every day we start working getting things done then we would check all safety code for the play ground everybody was like family we all had each others back. It is a great job to have.
Pros
the work is not hard
Cons
seasonal

4.2