City of Saginaw Employee Reviews

Working as a police officer
POLICER OFFICER (Former Employee) –  Saginaw, MIJuly 5, 2017
The typical day as a police officer varies. It can be very fast paced on most days. There are some days where a officer just takes reports or stands in guard of a person or a building (situation). It can be an exciting and dangerous job. Helping people was the best part of my job.
Pros
Helping to protect and serve
Cons
the prejudice encountered by senior management
Stable work environment
Enterprise Analyst (Current Employee) –  Saginaw, MIJune 27, 2017
Working for the local government has been an enlightening experience. I have enjoyed contributing to serving the public and making our community a safer more productive place to live. Being a union work environment does cause some frustrations with lack of effort among employees and work ethic.
A fun kids camp during the summer
Day Camp Counselor (Former Employee) –  Saginaw, TXMay 16, 2017
Working there at the camp during the summer, it was a fun environment and the people I worked with also made it more fun. I enjoyed the kids that went to the camp and liked the fact that everyday was something new.
Pros
Worked close to home
Cons
Nothing really
average
POLICE OFFICER (Former Employee) –  Saginaw, MIMay 3, 2017
Had gotten better over the years. New management and better direction has begun to turn the city around. I would recommend people and friends to work here
Hard workers good people to work with
Crossover Operator (Former Employee) –  Saginaw, MIApril 26, 2017
Get work orders Prepair equipment for the day's tasks
Compleat work orders in a safe professional manner
Refuel and prepare equipment for the next day's work
Pros
Working with good people
Cons
on call 24 hours
very good work place.
Full time employee (Current Employee) –  Saginaw, MIMarch 30, 2017
learn allot over the years help push me to the next level in the work place. Daily jobs changes and being in outside environment is great. Being challenge on problem solve on a weekly.
Honorable and gritty work with the public.
Retired Police Officer (Former Employee) –  Saginaw, MIJanuary 8, 2016
A tough job with very little reward from those you help on a daily basis due to the nature of the job, yet very rewarding personally, knowing you have done your best with all those you helped, and that you have made the world a little safer with every shift.
Productive, Busy
Skilled Clerical (Current Employee) –  Saginaw, MIDecember 3, 2014
Typical government municipal employment. Co workers are all very kind and hardworking. Full time employment. Enjoyable part is working with people thats friendly.
An over all good place for employment.
Remotes Person II (Current Employee) –  Saginaw, MIJanuary 21, 2014
Over all a good place to work. Job work was some what overloaded on some people. Management expected work to come first no matter what. Total compensation package was fair and in line with other area healthcare providers. Job security was fair for an at will employer, advancement was difficult due to low turn over, and limited management opportunities. Management was good. Culture on the job was based on the on the Catholic faith and treatment of associates was good.
Pros
Educational assistance, shift premium
Cons
Being called in at all hours.
Water Department Secretary
Public Works Secretary (Former Employee) –  Saginaw, TXOctober 11, 2013
My typical day was from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. I learned about and helped with plats, diagrams, builders, the public, animal control, building inspections and permits. It was a challenging job but I loved it and loved the people that worked with me. Management could of been improved and was slow to make corrections and catch up technology wise. My co-workers were the best guys I have ever worked with. The hardest part of the job was working all year long...I liked the school schedule allot. The enjoyable part of the job was meeting and working with a diversity of people and maintaining friendships along the way. Also learning allot about "what to do before you build a house or structure".
Pros
The coworkers and working with the public
Cons
No overtime

Want to know more about City of Saginaw?

Ask a question