The San Jose-Santa Clara Regional Wastewater Facility is one of the largest advanced wastewater treatment facilities in the nation and treats water from homes and businesses in the cities of San José, Santa Clara, Milpitas, Campbell, Cupertino, Los Gatos, Monte Sereno, Saratoga, and unincorporated areas within Santa Clara County. Located at the southernmost tip of the San Francisco Bay in North San José, the Plant serves a population of over 1.3 million people and has the capacity to treat 167 million gallons of wastewater per day.
Position and Duties
Join a team that's really making a difference in preserving and protecting our environment! The Environmental Services Department is recruiting for the position of Process Control Systems Specialist for the San Jose-Santa Clara Regional Wastewater Facility. Under general supervision, the Process and Systems Specialist performs work of considerable difficulty in supporting the operation of the on-line/off-line computer systems used for control and/or study of municipal wastewater processes. The span of duties for this position is a combination of areas noted below:
- Developing, modifying and debugging control system strategies.
- Identifying and solving Distributed Control System (DCS) problems.
- Identifying and solving problems related to computer networks and servers
- Implementing data backup strategies and performing regular backups
- Reviewing engineering drawings to ensure proper control system strategies.
- Installing DCS related equipment such as controllers and instruments
- Implementing software security patches and virus definitions
- Installing workstations, servers and other DCS related software and hardware
- Configuring and installing industrial use network equipment as it relates to DCS type systems
- Programming within a DCS environment and building control graphics
- Database/application programming and configuration
This recruitment may be used to fill multiple positions in this, or other divisions or departments. If you are interested in employment in this classification, you should apply to ensure you are considered for additional opportunities that may utilize the applicants from this recruitment.
Any combination of training and experience equivalent to:
- Education: Successful completion of a Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university in Computer Science, Industrial or Chemcial Engineering, Physcial Science, or a closely related field.
- Process & Systems Specialist I: One year experience in software/hardware technical support, computer programming and/or networking.
- Process & Systems Specialist II: Two years of increasingly responsible experience in software/hardware technical support, computer programming and/or operating systems networking or systems control.
- License/Certificates: Possession of a valid California State Driver's License
-Employment Eligibility: Federal law requires all employees to provide verification of their eligibility to work in this country. Please be informed that the City of San Jose will not prepare or file a labor condition application with the Department of Labor.
To Learn More and Apply
*To view the full announcement for this exciting opportunity and apply online with the City of San José, please visit the City of San José’s employment page at:
Then click on the “Prospective Employees” link.