CITY OF SANTA CLARITA Employee Reviews

Great place to work!
Intern (Former Employee) –  Santa Clarita, CAOctober 2, 2017
City of Santa Clarita is a great place to work. The staff is super friendly and you learn a lot about different divisions/departments throughout City Hall.
Do I really need to write this review?
Arts Intern (Former Employee) –  Santa Clarita, CASeptember 18, 2017
I thought the job was great, my managers were great and I could tell it would be much better for a full-time position instead of a part-time. I enjoyed having creative freedom.
love working here
Inclusion Aide (Current Employee) –  Newhall, CAAugust 13, 2017
great staff and even better support ! positive work experience. I like being able to work with a great team with a lot of experience . The management here is very organized.
Pros
positive
Cons
no health care for part time
I enjoyed my experience lifeguarding for The City of Santa Clarita
Senior Lifeguard (Current Employee) –  Santa Clarita, CAJuly 19, 2017
I enjoyed working for the city. It was good money and the experience was overall a good one. The only thing I didn't like about working there was that the assistant manager and manager basically had free reign over each pool, and no one really kept them in check,
Pros
Great co-workers and many opportunities to advance.
Cons
little to no breaks are given while on shift, and management is a bit strict.
Fun environment for both kids and adults!
Recreation Leader I (Current Employee) –  Canyon Country, CAJune 1, 2017
After working at the Canyon Country Community Center for the past two years, I've gained great knowledge and experience on working with people of different backgrounds and perspectives. The social and practical skills I've gained from working for the City of Santa Clarita will be displayed greatly at my next job site.
Pros
City employee benefits.
Cons
lack of hours for work
Labor Intensive and Entertaining
Recreation Leader I (Former Employee) –  Valencia, CAMay 13, 2017
A typical day at work was setting up events and also breaking down everything we set up at the end of the day. I learned how to organize the set up of events and how events run from the other side. The hardest part were the long hours but the most enjoyable were the coworkers.
Everyone was dedicated to their job and very friendly
Secretary/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Santa Clarita, CAApril 7, 2017
I worked 40 hours a week, with great benefits. They were flexible with family obligations (such as needing to tend to a sick child or attend a game/competition). They offered great medical benefits, as well as 401k, paid holidays and sick days. They also encouraged volunteering with family members at local City events.
Pros
Lunch room, health care, pto, friendly co workers
Cons
not enough turnover so difficult to get in
Magic Mountain Summary
Counselors lead (Former Employee) –  Valencia, CADecember 22, 2016
My review for Six Flags Magic Mountain is that the job is great for individuals looking the fun at the place they work. While working at Six Flags, I was transferred separate departments because my supervisors valued my skills. The work conditions could be improved and closer mentoring while on the job would improve customer satisfaction for the guests and allow better training opportunities for staff both new and returning.
Pros
Employee discounts, interact with guests, great hours
Cons
difficult scheduling, lack of communication, training not job specific
Productive work
Groundskeeper (Current Employee) –  Santa Clarita, CASeptember 2, 2016
The management and supervisors were trustworthy and operated well. They taught me enough to where I am able to work with no supervision. Very great work experience.
fun and happy place to work with
Contracts Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Santa Clarita, CAJuly 28, 2016
I really enjoyed working with this organization everyone was helpful and enjoyed work. Everyone was willing to help fellow coworkers out and allot of team events for socializing.
Pros
980 schedule every other friday off
Cons
contract over
Regettable experience
Primetime Preschool (Former Employee) –  Santa Clarita, CAJune 4, 2016
Other reviews by preschool staff were spot on. Low pay, no benefits, no advancement, immature staff, no communication between employees and supervisors, no appriciation, hardly any hours, and my hours were reduced without explaination and I had no choice in the matter. I assumed a city job was a step up-- was I wrong! If anything the job set me back. Don't waste your time like I did. I wish I'd read employee review before applying-- it would've saved me a lot of grief. If I could give negative stars, I would.
Fun working with children
Camp Counselor (Former Employee) –  Santa Clarita, CA 91321June 1, 2016
- great experience working with children ages 5-12
- a typical day at work is 6 hours
- you learn how to deal with conflicts amongst children
- learn how to be more patient
- the hardest part of the job was when the younger children fought
- the most enjoyable part was getting to know all the children
- you learn to go with the flow of different personalitlies and mood swings of the children
Great Productive place to work for
ACTIVITY LEADER II (Current Employee) –  Santa Clarita, CAMay 1, 2016
I enjoy working for the City of Santa Clarita. There is room for growth and everyone that works there is friendly and professional. I have referred many people to apply because its a great company to work for. I am happy to be apart of the City of Santa Clarita.
Pros
Pay into Retirement
Cons
some jobs are only seasonal
great experience
Groundskeeper 1 (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaApril 20, 2016
First day was learning new things. improved my leadership and how to get organized friendly all around. Would highly recommend to apply for a city job were ever you are.
Dead in job with no advancement
Preschool Teacher (Former Employee) –  Santa Clarita, CADecember 14, 2015
The City keeps all its part time works classified as temporary part time so they do not have to offer benefits. Also, as temporary part time you can be fired at any time for ANY reason. The supervisors in the child development department supervise by bullying and intimidation. I was actually told by a high up supervisor that my face was unwelcoming. If you ask too many questions they will do anything to put you back into place. I worked in the child development division for 14 years and was fired for asking the director, who does not have any child development units or teaching experierance, why we doing activites that were not age appropriate. The city doesn't promote from within, so don't get hired thinking that you can advance because you will not be considered.
Pros
The hours were good for me
Cons
bad pay, no benefits, supervisors that are bullies and no room for advancement
Do not work for the city
Preschool Teacher (Former Employee) –  Santa Clarita, CASeptember 16, 2015
The city is an awful place to work for. There is ZERO chance of advancement. Employees are treated like second class citizens. We are told in not so many words that we can be replaced by any 18yr old for any reason. They manage by bullying the employees into submission. Employees are made to be afraid to speak up or question management in fear of retailiation.
Pros
close to home
Cons
no benefits no advancement possibilities environment of fear
My Typical work day.
Youth employment services employee (Former Employee) –  Canyon CountryAugust 29, 2015
My typical work day consist of being very obedient and i'm always looking for other ways of making my work better.I learned how to better communicate with employers.
Pros
A fun experience
Satisfactory entry level job in aquatics and emergency response
Assistant Pool Manager/ Lifeguard (Current Employee) –  Santa Clarita, CAJune 2, 2015
Provided adequate experience in creating and managing staff and budgets. Excellent customer service experience. Brief introduction to the emergency response system.
Great work environment and wonderful place to work.
Sales Associate/Back-up Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Santa Clarita, CAFebruary 20, 2015
A basic day at work consists of working with outside companies and vendors to help develop events planned for the public. We have an enthusiastic group of co-works and management staff that enjoys coming into work on everyday and event day.
The hardest part of my job is over working myself, I take on to many events because I enjoy every event we deliver to the public. The most enjoyable part of my job is organizing with outside vendor, in order to develop a well organized event.
groundkeeper
Seasonal Tree Trimmer (Former Employee) –  Santa Clarita, CAFebruary 20, 2015
if you love working out door this is the job for you. very hands on with great staff great pay and great hours. I enjoyed the job alot
Pros
good pay
Cons
can think of any