CITY OF SANTA CLARITA Employee Reviews

Satisfactory entry level job in aquatics and emergency response
Assistant Pool Manager/ Lifeguard (Current Employee), Santa Clarita, CAJune 2, 2015
Provided adequate experience in creating and managing staff and budgets. Excellent customer service experience. Brief introduction to the emergency response system.
Great work environment and wonderful place to work.
Sales Associate/Back-up Supervisor (Current Employee), Santa Clarita, CAFebruary 20, 2015
A basic day at work consists of working with outside companies and vendors to help develop events planned for the public. We have an enthusiastic group of co-works and management staff that enjoys coming into work on everyday and event day.
The hardest part of my job is over working myself, I take on to many events because I enjoy every event we deliver to the public. The most enjoyable part of my job is organizing with outside vendor, in order to develop a well organized event.
groundkeeper
Seasonal Tree Trimmer (Former Employee), Santa Clarita, CAFebruary 20, 2015
Pros: good pay
Cons: can think of any
if you love working out door this is the job for you. very hands on with great staff great pay and great hours. I enjoyed the job alot
Productive and fun work place with great staff and management.
Graffiti Removal Rec II (Former Employee), Valencia, CADecember 12, 2014
Pros: lunch anywhere in the city, good scenery, great staff, accomodating
Cons: short lunches, part-time, no benefits, liability and pay differences
A typical work day consisted of working with your assigned partner to re-supply, stock, and clean the city vehicles for use to remove vandalism and graffiti within city limits. The first half of the day you and your partner will have specific duties correlating to where you sit in the truck. Ex: One person will be the driver where he/she monitors traffic and positions the truck and trailer in ideal locations for graffiti removal while minimizing the blockage of traffic, he/she then switches places to the passenger side after lunch and works on the computer attached to a stand to search and input data regarding removals, this promotes equality in the workplace. At lunch we would contact our supervisors to provide them with removal updates and any gang activity. What I enjoyed most about this job was the freedom, you were given assigned tasks, as long as you completed them in a timely manner or communicated any concerns there would be no problems. Very easy going work at your own pace kind of job, good work ethic was praised and rewarded while negative work ethic was detrimental to the work place and often results in termination. Communication and Safety is key to working with others with machinery and chemicals. You watch my back I'll watch yours kind of Co-worker attitude worked best for me.
The most challenging, satisfying and rewarding job to date.
Parks Clerk Typist (Former Employee), Santa Clarita, CANovember 22, 2014
Pros: great benefits
I enjoyed coming to work because the staff was genuinely caring and cooperated with a team mentality to get tasks done effeciently. I enjoyed the challenge of learning new programs to help me be more productive in my assignments.
Productive & structured work environment
Clerk (Former Employee), Santa Clarita, CAOctober 15, 2014
Pros: career development trainings
A typical day involves a lot of interaction with the public addressing any questions of concerns residents may have. Co-workers are approachable and willing to offer assistance to one another if needed. When customers call to file a complaint or question decisions, if they did not get the answer they anticipated, often times they become angry so staff must find a reasonable solution while following City policies.
N/A
Recreation Leader I (Current Employee), Santa Clarita, CASeptember 8, 2014
This is a great place to work. Everyone in the office really does care about you and wants you to achieve your personal goals.
Fun job for kids off of school
Recreation Leader II (Former Employee), Santa Clarita, CAAugust 30, 2012
Pros: lots of fun; retirement plan
Cons: considered seasonal, so laid off easily.
I worked for the City for two or so years. It was a lot of fun working with the kids, and I always got along with the staff. If you're looking for a part-time job in the afternoon during school, or full-time during summer, I'd recommend.
Productive, Family type environment
Project Coordinator (Former Employee), Santa Clarita, CAApril 11, 2012
Pros: family environment, challenging work
Cons: lack of career advancement
Excellent place to work, dealing with social issues in the community and being able to design and construct projects in the community is a great motivator to work.
Dealing with City Council members and the public make it a challenge and allows for growth in personal skills. The work is challenging and the amount of learning opportunities are limitless as different agencies created different challenges. Management is great and the environment is very family oriented.
Dealing with the public is definitely the most challenging as the projects interfere with their daily lives and the logistics of getting the work done is problematic.
The end results is the best part of this job as you can see the difference the projects make in a community.
Great place to work and great way to get into the community
Recreation Leader III (Current Employee), Santa Clarita, CAJanuary 19, 2012
Pros: great pay, good people, fun job
Cons: sometimes it can get slow and boring, sometimes diffucult customers
This place is great for a first job or a second job. They are fleixble and easy going. The people you work with are all friendly and great and you get paid well.