City of Savannah

City of Savannah Employee Reviews

A typical day
Senior Code Officer (Former Employee), Savannah, GAJuly 20, 2015
A typical day would be to print out a list of inspections for several neighborhoods at a time, conduct those inspections while interacting with the public, and to provide updates on all work starting at 3 pm daily. Through the daily functions I learned time management skills and how to solve issues without having to call a supervisor. i was able to assist my co-workers daily and we were close net. the hardest part of the job was to get the public to understand the process of getting things completed. I always believe in quality over quantity. The most enjoyable part of the job was putting a smile on someone's face.
great place to work/low wages
Diesel Mechanic (Former Employee), savannahJuly 19, 2015
Pros: 1 hour lunch
Cons: low wages
Would have stayed longer if was able to make for money hourly.
Besides that great place to learn new ways to fix broken down diesel vehicles.
Making sure the utili-corders uploaded correctly for the meter readers.
Accounting Clerk (Former Employee), Savannah, GAJune 21, 2015
Pros: Excellent benefits
Cons: None
Accomplishing all daily tasks that I have set for myself, along with customer service was the most enjoyable part of the job. Learning the new computer system that was complicated for other co-workers. Management worked with co-worker and myself regularly on a daily basis for any problems that occurred. A typical work day, making sure all communications uploaded to the main frame for processing.
This job can be great
Santation Worker (Current Employee), Savannah, GAJune 20, 2015
Pros: A better management
Cons: short breaks, Favortism
I've learned throughout the times I've worked here you have to remain patience because it was always a negative energy flowing around . You would think the management in charge would run a better foundation but they're too concerned on whats going on in other peoples lives when they are so many complaints about the routes not getting picked up the schedule times . I also proven myself numerous of times that I deserve a raise. I learn and move quicker when I`m doing the assignment than your average working man and a team leader . I could get along and work well with all of my coworkers.
Good Public Service Organization
Director of Cultural Affairs (Former Employee), Savannah, GAMay 12, 2015
Pros: Work place balance is good
Cons: Organizational support is lacking at times
The most enjoyable part of the job was helping the public in regards to addressing their concerns or providing a quality product/service, which government isn't always know for.
Fun place to work.
Recreational Services Leader (Current Employee), Savannah, GAMarch 11, 2015
Work is typically starting with overseeing recreational activity during open gym, which is a time for the community to enjoy the recreational center. The center endoreses and provides Pool, Basketball, outdoor activities, and computer activities.
A great job and ability to meet and network with people.
Buyer/Purchasing Agent (Current Employee), Savannah, GAFebruary 23, 2015
This is an excellent place to work at and network with people. I enjoy meeting new people and working with the Mayor, City Manager and Council members.
Work
Lifeguard (Former Employee), Savannah, GAFebruary 21, 2015
Pros: its just a fun summer job to do
Cons: the heat
A work day as a lifeguard isn't stressful. You just have to make sure everyone follows the rules.In the mornings we taught kids how to swim and in the afternoons we watch the kids in the neighborhood swim and be safe in the water.
Diverse atmosphere, multi-skill's necessary
Garage Attendant/Cashier (Former Employee), Savannah, GAJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: work with little or no supervision
Cons: short to non-existant breaks, mechanical malfunctions of equipment
Daily duties would include customer contact, cash handling, and balancing paperwork at the end of the evening. Phone contact- we provided a lot of information for customers concerning the parking lots and navigating the city ( mostly vacationers).
We had our regular customer who's contact and contract info was recorded along with their monthly payments.
Management was not usually on hand- attendants are self motivated workers.
dealing with gate problems ( gate not lifting-card scanner not receiving information ) while dealing with in-person contact was difficulty but manageable.
I enjoyed working on my own- keeping my work up to date and helping my customers with information.
Productive workplace that stayed busy
Diesel Mechanic (Former Employee), Savannah, GASeptember 13, 2014
Pros: close to home
Cons: weather
I typical day of work will usually start off with me repairing a hydraulic line that has been broken off the day before. I have learned by this experience how to fabricate hydraulic line fairly efficient. Management was average. The hardest part of the job was just dealing with the different smells coming from the trash trucks when they break down. The most enjoyable part of the job was working on different types of diesel engines, in trucks, and power equipment,
loved being a police officer hated working for the city.
Police Officer (Former Employee), Savannah, GASeptember 2, 2014
Pros: great people to work with
Cons: poorly run city, corruption, to much crime in the city
great job, has potential to be a great dept. The city is run poorly.
U.S Army is very secure
Administrative Assistant Water Reclamation (Current Employee), Savannah, GAAugust 1, 2014
Pros: security and the ability to crosstrain
Cons: high level of stress and deployment preparations
Constant changing environment and training in the technical arena and tactical arena.
The department doesn't make working here easy
Senior Sanitation Worker (Former Employee), Savannah, GAJuly 11, 2014
This company isn't the best to work for but the work is easy and the workers and friendly and helpful
Could be productive and fun place at times.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Savannah, GAJune 29, 2014
Pros: benefits, staff and salary
Cons: horrible support from management when it came to customer complaints.
With proper supervision and fair work distribution it could have been a great place to work.
Fun
LEISURE SERVICES LEADER (Current Employee), Savannah, GAMay 30, 2014
Enjoyed working with kids________________________________________________________________________________________________
Great job
Permit Specialist (Former Employee), Savannah, GAMay 6, 2014
Pros: great benefits
Good company to work for, plenty of chances for advancement, benefits a plus.
Seasonal position
Camp Counselor (Former Employee), Savannah, GAApril 30, 2014
Great environment and positive coworkers which made the position enjoyable.
Lawn Care Supervisor
Lawn Care Supervisor (Former Employee), Park Ave.February 25, 2014
I arrive to work at 7:30 a.m. get the daily agenda from manger & further information if any. Then the worker arrive to work at 8 a.m. , I help them unload the equipment from trailer. After unloading the equipment, I let everyone know the task for to day and the address for the lawns to cut. Then I break everyone into two groups and we take care of all lawns on the agenda.
Loved working for the City
Communications Officer (Former Employee), Savannah, GeorgiaFebruary 21, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: micromanaged to death
The City of Savannah was a great company to work for. But Communications Dept is awful. Rotating shifts.
Family
Management Analyst (Former Employee), Savannah, GADecember 31, 2013
Great company! Excellent work environment. More like family. Very helpful. Treats everyone like family

City of Savannah Salaries