City of Springfield

City of Springfield Employer Reviews

City of Springfield
City Councilor (Current Employee), Springfield, MAAugust 29, 2013
My take on working for the City differs from most employees because I am an Elected Official. Springfield has many well paying career paths and most jobs within City departments are very stable.
A quite place to work especially dealing difficult to reconcile government funds..
Accounting clerk (Former Employee), Springfield, ORJuly 17, 2013
Pros: adjustable schedule of your lunch breaks.
It's always busy for me during Thrusday's because it's the processing of checks payables. I learned a lot about the government funds flow and to the system that the used which is the PeopleSoft. My co-workers are very supportive and kind. I think the difficult job I encounter is,if there is a fund that being transfer to the other fund and I need to – more... trace it where it goes. I enjoy all the task that they give to me actually because I love office works. – less
Nice Experience
Security Officer (Former Employee), Kalamazoo, MIMay 13, 2013
I Worked here for a couple moths before I left for Football Camp, great experience taught me how to do a lot of projects around the city.
Wonderful coworkers
Microcomputer Specialist/Software Instructor (Former Employee), Springfield, ILMay 12, 2013
Pros: coworkers, work-life balance, working conditions
Cons: many decisions driven by politics
City workers may get a 'bad rap' from time-to-time, but I found that 99% are good hard-working folks. It is unfortunate that political pressures drive many decisions.
job at city and explainations /Have CDLA license
utilityworker (Former Employee), Springfield, OHNovember 22, 2012
Pros: good benefits, good pay and had good partner
Cons: no real cons to the job
traveled all around city per OUPS paperwork and located water and sewr lines for contractors.Management usually never bothered my partner and I because we knew what had to be done and done it.
Very good environment
Economic Development / Planning Intern (Current Employee), Springfield, MOSeptember 25, 2012
Pros: people
Cons: none that i think of
Freindly environment. Had good work experience with alot that I have learned.
City of Springfield was a great place to get hands-on experience as a Paralegal.
Paralegal (Former Employee), Springfield, ILAugust 30, 2012
My Paralegal position at the City of Springfield was a great opportunity. I learned many things about State and Federal Law, drafting legal documents, filing Federal court filings and State filings, legal research, and much more.
Productive & fun workplace.
Survey Technician (Former Employee), FIeld work 90% / Office10%June 13, 2012
Loved working there. Great place to work. Co=workers are fun to be around and helpful.
I loved working for the City of Springfield and would again if I had the oppertunity
Administrative Secretary (Former Employee), Springfield, ILApril 24, 2012
Pros: great management, great work environment
Cons: none i can think of
The City of Springfield is a great place to work. The environment is nice, I made a lot of friends, the workload is nice, the management is very nice. I had great benefits which I could afford. The hours were perfect. Very good experience.