City of Springfield Employee Reviews

City of Springfield
Receptionist/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MAMay 1, 2017
The most disappointing job that, I have ever had!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! the supervisor never has time to tend to your complaints. The coworkers are always complaining about every single thing.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Unattentive staff
great staff joyful to work with in a team
Data Clerk/ Milton Bradley Elementary (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MAApril 6, 2017
I really enjoy working as a team with my co-workers and we are very unite and help each other in every area to give the parents and the students the best of us. we have a very good communication and always work together as a team. I have learned a lot of positive things working here like how to work as a team and always stay positive.
Pros
free lunch and great co-workers
Cons
no benefits, no work during the summer time
Helping as many indiviuals as we can.
Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MOMarch 28, 2017
I've been with the city 10 years and in that time many changes. We also have many different departments throughout the city. They are now doing a City Ambassadors for 25 lucky employees per year that allows us to go once a month and view all the departments that we associate with. I was there alumni and its a wonderful program. I was honored to be a part of it.
Be prepared!!!
Contract Waste Water Operator (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOJanuary 27, 2017
Lets start with the interviews, typical yes, til confronted with the behavioral part of it. They are quite blunt with it. The hours admittedly suck (no really they do). 2:30AM to 2:30PM and vice-versa are really odd hours and I recommend coffee, snacks, and a decent sized lunch (a bagged one tho since leaving the site is prohibited).
Fun place to work, something new everyday
CNA\PARA (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MANovember 9, 2016
Currently I am assisting a young man, who has transitioned from the classroom to his worksite. The most enjoyable part of the job is watching him take pride in the work he does.
Rewarding place to work
Recreation Leader (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MONovember 1, 2016
Every day was a new experience. I was surrounded by great co-workers and supervisors who cared about me. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to see a difference in the lives of those I interacted with.
productive fun work place with amazing employees
big y (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MAOctober 9, 2016
Hard work on our feet. It keeps us up and we are always alert to a customers needs. If there is any problems there is no hesitation to talk to our understanding and kind managers. My co workers are reliable and good to be around but the hardest part is enjoying you break if its only 15 minutes. overall i enjoy the whole scenery and being there especially since its renovated.
Pros
paid short break
Cons
short breaks
Typical Day at work
PARAPROFESSIONAL (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MASeptember 2, 2016
It should be fun with communications between employees. Hardest part of the job is learning to deal with all the different personalities.Learned a lot.
respectable business services team
Business Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MOAugust 25, 2016
Business services team puts employer and job seekers first. They are devoted to seeking solutions to workforce demands in an era when the workforce is smothered in challenges and difficulties.
City of Springfield, MO Health Department
Not on a bet (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOMay 20, 2016
Do you enjoy odd hours, bad pay and a management style that encourages fighting among employees? Then this health department is for you! If you know someone in upper management or you're a really great brownnoser, opportunities for advancement will be designed just for you. You won't even have to compete for your new job! Who cares about legalities?

Special note for WIC job seekers: Run. Run away. It's not worth it. The managers 'manage' by listening to the opinions of favored employees. They do not care how you actually do your job, and competence is not rewarded. Witch hunts are frequent and vicious, and they are led by management. There is a reason that the average employee lasts two years. Some really wonderful, warm, caring people have been chased out of this place, and it's a crying shame, because so many good employees have gotten fed up and left. The clients are great, the job is challenging, but the managers and some coworkers are just rotten.
Pros
challenging, meaningful work
Cons
management, rotten culture
Great job while in college.
Custodian (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MAApril 9, 2016
The compensation is great and the hours are flexible if you are in school. The chain of management is not as great, with a lot of dead weight as you get closer to the top.
Excellent opportunity for older workers
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MAApril 3, 2016
Federally funded training program housed under the City of Springfield administered by the Department of Elder Affairs Utilized my knowledge and performed various functions in-house. Enjoyed being the first contact to visitors and assisting with direction to the in-house divisions to assist their needs.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Part-time
good job
Custodian (Former Employee) –  city hallFebruary 23, 2016
I worked an 8 hour shift m-f from 4:00pm to 12:00am cleaning and maintaining springfield cityhall worked well with my co-workers as well as independently.
Good job
Golf Course Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Springfield, OHJanuary 14, 2016
Was really accepted to the job at first and got more confident the more you worked. Cant do much of anything if you don't practice it and work at it.
Pros
Good people. Great hours
Cons
Seasonal Job
Fun Job
Enrollment Specialist and School Crossing Guard (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MANovember 16, 2015
As a School Crossing Guard I had a great time getting to know all the children who walked to school on a daily basis.
As an Enrollment Specialist at the Parent Information Center, I enjoyed meeting with parents and their children and helping them navigate through the school registration process, many for the very first time!
Pros
Interaction with the Public
Cons
Part-time/Temporary positions
A dead end job with no opportunity
Messenger Clerk 1 (Current Employee) –  Springfield, ILNovember 14, 2015
My typical day at work involves me and one other co-worker. He constantly calls in sick and I have to cover the work load. For political reasons, they refuse to hire help for me. It is too much work for the pay.The only thing enjoyable about this job is a bi-weekly paycheck.
productive
Lifeguard (Former Employee) –  Springfield maOctober 14, 2015
its a great place to work at, so many different people you will meet and the children are just great. always something to do, by the end of the summer you become family
Has been helpful in my job search
Medical Records Clerk (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MAOctober 14, 2015
I was given many assignments which helped me to expand my expertise in the administrative support field. The have a state of the art computer lab which has helped me in my job search
Pros
paid holidays
Cons
no health benefits
City Government, just show up each day to get paid
Heavy Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Springfield, TNOctober 3, 2015
Not a good environment, too many employees playing and goofing off instead of performing their job. Management was way too lax and chose to avoid correcting behavior and rather rewarding it. Too much if your name is prominent in the area, response was "don't you know what their name and family is?" We can't discipline them as long as they show up to work everyday and it doesn't have to be on time either..
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
see review
Gained knowledge and experience in the various assignments.
Medical Records Clerk (Current Employee) –  Academic & Behavioral Clinic - Springfield MASeptember 30, 2015
The City of Springfield was instrumental in honing my computer and administrative support skills. I also increased my typing and people skills.
Pros
Paid holidays
Cons
Low wages

Ask a question about working or interviewing at City of Springfield. Our community is ready to answer.