City of St. Paul Employee Reviews in United States

Incompetent managers
Driver/Laborer (Current Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNMay 12, 2015
Lowest paid workers in the Metro area. Management has no direction and no vision to provide services to the public.You will be working with equipment that is anywhere from 20 to 30 years old. constantly breaking down and not well maintained.
Pros
NONE
Cons
Upper management has no idea what they are doing.
Great City to work for!
Street Services Worker (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNDecember 15, 2014
Great co-workers, management and city officials. Typical day varied greatly - provided me with the tools and equipment to do my job.
"old school - good old boy" organization
Payroll Specialist (Current Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNMarch 24, 2014
The City of St. Paul lacks systems needed to be part of this century.
Not bad at all
PLAN EXAMINER INTERN (Current Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNFebruary 14, 2014
Starts a bit slow, until customers come in for building permits. It gets a bit busy on sunny days, but not so bad. Fellow workers are really nice, we all work as a team. hardest part of the job is when customers try to get their permits early and we can't because we have so much to do. enjoyable part is I get to see many different structures and work with the codes around them.
Summer Job
Utility Aid (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNSeptember 17, 2013
On a typical day, my crew and I would pick up our equipment from the shop and load it onto our truck. we would then do our assigned job for the day. The job would vary, it could be anything from cutting grass to cutting down tree. I got along well with all my co-workers, the pay is very low but I decided to work there seasonally until I started school this fall.
Pros
good people
Cons
low pay
Favorite
Park Worker (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNMay 26, 2013
Wish I could still go work there in the summer. Awesome pay for students and let me have the nights and weekends off. Doesn't get much better then that.
good learning experience!
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Battle Creek Recreation CenterApril 17, 2013
service learning for a Juvenile Justice and Delinquency class at Century College.
Pros
good experience
Cons
short time
Great team eviroment
Project Manager I (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNMarch 19, 2013
I really enjoyed this position for the City of St. Paul Parks and Rec. My daily duties varied greatly from day to day. Some of my responsibilities included the following: Time scheduling and solving any issues or problems that would interfere with the daily operation and mantainance of Park and Rec buildings and property, I assisted in the planning and scheduling of graffiti removal, hazardous waste, disposal, and the security entry points and survaillance of the parks building and property. I really enjoyed working with the Parks and Rec management team. Everyone communicated quite well considering the volume of work.
Pros
close to home. i was born and raised in st. paul, so there was a satifaction of giving back to my community.
Cons
it was a cut in pay. also the position was eliminated.