City of Stamford

City of Stamford Employer Reviews

Productive & fun place to work.
Heavy Equipment Operator (Former Employee), Stamford, CTFebruary 1, 2014
I've had the opportunity to learn how to operate different machinery such as jackhammers etc. Also heavy equipment, such as bobcats, loaders etc. Co-workers were helpful at times & management gave one the opportunity to learn to operate machinery & heavy equipment.
Educational growth
PARA-EDUCATOR SUBSTITUTE (Current Employee), Stamford, CTAugust 27, 2013
Pros: able to handle personal life (family) and always have a job
Cons: work is available only when a teacher is absent
one on one learning with a student, different activities through out the school day, safe and fun environment.
patience, growth and progress day to day.
manage different class work organize home work and motivate.
different attitudes just about each day as a substitute (school-to-school).
Changing grades and schools every day/week.
Helping to make a – more... difference for the future in each child's life. – less
fun place to work, but work ethics could be better.
program director (Former Employee), 888 Washington BLVDAugust 26, 2013
Pros: working with all ages
Cons: lack of communication from supervisors
I worked with Stamford Recreation for many years, as a seasonal/part time employee. I learned communication in managing people is the key to having a successful team, since everyone has a different outlook on working hard. The hardest part of my job was this past summer. I stayed on to work as a Camp assistant since I was not hired for the Recreational – more... Leader position, which I am very qualified for. Instead they hired someone who seemed to be a great fit, unfortunately wasn't a good leader in my view because his idea of communication was to talk about other things and not work. I feel confident leaving Recreation as they have no value in team or communicating the job needed to be done. I loved being creative at my job, working with the public by helping clients on the phone or in person. My favorite part was working with the camps. – less
i loved it
Seasonal CDL Driver (Former Employee), Stamford, CTAugust 12, 2013
Pros: i love the work
Cons: it was seasonal
I started @6 am to 5pm worked with others learned new things the bosses are great to work for and be around
Enjoyed my 28 years
Recreation Supervisor (Former Employee), Stamford, CTAugust 2, 2013
Pros: benefits
Cons: job security
As a long time employee I felt like I was a valued employee who was given opportunities for outside the box thinking. The only downside to the job was not knowing how the cities budget was going to effect you and your department.
new experience
General Laborer (Former Employee), Stamford, CTJune 27, 2013
Pros: good pay
Cons: seasonal work
working with co worker to beatify the community. We would clean the parks cut the grass.
Good starting out place
Legal Assistant (Current Employee), Stamford, CTApril 25, 2012
Pros: flexible
Cons: part-time
I enjoy working with the people in my office as well as the people in the building. The most fun in my job is getting to know everyone that comes in out of the office. The hardest part of my day is taking train. This job is only part-time and seasonal, but I will miss everyone when the time comes.