CITY OF STOCKTON Employee Reviews

Help with kids is fun.
Recreation Aide (Current Employee) –  Stockton, CAJuly 17, 2017
It's a lot of fun and excitement working and helping the city with summer camp. I love working with the kids and helping with the activities. Also helping clean up isn't bad either.
Pros
I have a job
Cons
It's only for the summer
fun
Lead, Recreation Leader (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CAJune 19, 2017
Great place to work if you like kids. You are constantly busy. Taking part in activities, passing out snack, helping cleaning up. There is little down time.
Cons
no benefits
Productive and Fun
Recreation Leader (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CAJune 15, 2017
City of Stockton was a very fun work environment. I worked with children between the ages of 5 through 12. At Stribley Community Center, I was able to increase the attendance in the after-school program from 4 children to 50 children on a daily basis.
Pros
Flexible Schedules
City Government
Office Specialist (Current Employee) –  Stockton, CAApril 8, 2017
Government entities are notorious for slow moving processes. It's hard to change policy or get thing approved. So many checks and balances to be in the public eye.

Also, like any institution, it's all about who you know to get advancement.
Pros
Job Security, Unions
Cons
Bureaucracy, slow to get things done
exciting job, great opppurtunity, perks the best
Police Records Clerk (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CAMarch 12, 2017
I enjoyed the Police Dept and the culture they tried to convey. the training was exceptional. The work was hard, but very rewarding. Learning the law and how it works was interesting
Pros
advancement, excitement, unpredictability
Cons
shift work
Calm workflow
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CAJanuary 15, 2017
The city of stockton daily has good work that never ends and keeps you busy. The coworkers all get along easily and take breaks from work to enlighten the work area.
Pros
Daily work experience, great work environment
Cons
I loved my whole 25 years of employment w/The City of Stockton's Public Library .
Customer Service Desk (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaAugust 22, 2016
Excellent environment to work with staff and the public. As. A circulation assistant my main responsibility was maintaining and servicing the Customer Service Desk: my duties consisted of introducing the public to the library , registering them for cards, explaining policy and checking out and receiving of library materials.
One of my favorite children's program "The Summer Reading Program" , was very rewarding to me to register young children their first library card accompanied with a book bag and marks.

The Public Library System is an excellent career to follow and beneficial to your well-being, A book is an amazing adventure you can take with you anywhere and you can experience amazing ventures.
Pros
Benefits were good
Cons
Reduced benefits after declaring bankruptcy
Good stuff
Recreation Leader V (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CAJune 9, 2016
I enjoyed working for the City of Stockton's Recreation Department. It was a great opportunity to work with the local community and those in the tennis community.
fun
Refereeing, summer job, Sports official (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CAJune 7, 2016
I loved this job, very fun and a great experience . As a referee a day at work was also stressful and having confidence is important. My co workers were very helpful and talkative.
Great City
Lead organized (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CAMarch 8, 2016
The City of Stockton as an employer was a wonderful experience. The city is rapidly growing and is a great place to live in.
fast paced, rewarding work place
Recreation Leader (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CAFebruary 29, 2016
I learned, while working here, that I must be flexible and willing to work in team. Not only willing and flexible but ready to succeed as a team. I also learned that I must be as efficient and productive alone as the group at the same time.
Pros
Free lunch, holidays off
Cons
short breaks, no benefits
was a good place to work till the city filed bankruptsy
Traffic Signal Electrician (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CAJanuary 20, 2016
Learned a lot of new skills and good training programs. Good people,very fair place to work. Good solid work vehicles. Provided anything you needed to get the job done.
City Government
Housing Finance Advisor (Current Employee) –  Stockton, CADecember 10, 2015
I deal with the public daily which is the best part of my job. I solve problems and serve with joy. I have learned a lot about the bureaucratic process, finance, sales, and management. I enjoy my co-workers and I enjoy the social interaction between myself and the public. I also enjoy the presentations and the opportunity that I have to present on a regular basis.
Pros
Plenty of opportunity to learn
Cons
healthcare
Enjoyed working with the staff
Assist students (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CANovember 25, 2015
I was a staff member for the Lodi After school Program. I would help the students with homework and we played various activities. While I went to the military they held my position. The only down fall was the hours, I would have liked more.
Fun job
ASP Staff (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CANovember 10, 2015
I loved working here. this was my first real job at 16. The supervisors were really nice and it was such a laid back job working with children. We had fun every day.
City is bankrupt, salary is under par in comparison to cities statewide
Water Treatment Operator (Temp) (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CAJuly 10, 2015
Job as a whole was not too bad, and I am thankful for the opportunity. Some work could be done to improve management practices/staffing. City is bankrupt and could not get us the required repairs and supplies need to keep the plant running at full efficiency for the entire time I worked there. Skeleton crew due to the above issues. Working crew are intelligent, hard working individuals.
Pros
Paid lunch
Great Job
Repographics (Current Employee) –  Stockton, CAJune 8, 2015
I enjoy coming to work daily. It can be pretty fast paced and steady but there is help if needed. I have learned a lot about printing and Word Documents. My Co-Workers are great.
Water Field Tech
Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CAApril 24, 2015
Even though my job was a temp position I was afforded the oppourtunity to work side by side with water systems operators performing maintenance duties on the Citys water system.
Pros
Great people/work environment
Cons
My position was temporary
Fun palce to work
Bridge Staff (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CANovember 16, 2014
I enjoy working with children, My co workers and parents are awesome,
love to work and helping the company the best i can
Parking Lot Attendant (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CASeptember 29, 2014
had a great team and everyone worked hard i loved going to work and performing my best
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a