CITY OF STOCKTON Employee Reviews

I loved my whole 25 years of employment w/The City of Stockton's Public Library .
Customer Service Desk (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaAugust 22, 2016
Excellent environment to work with staff and the public. As. A circulation assistant my main responsibility was maintaining and servicing the Customer Service Desk: my duties consisted of introducing the public to the library , registering them for cards, explaining policy and checking out and receiving of library materials.
One of my favorite children's program "The Summer Reading Program" , was very rewarding to me to register young children their first library card accompanied with a book bag and marks.

The Public Library System is an excellent career to follow and beneficial to your well-being, A book is an amazing adventure you can take with you anywhere and you can experience amazing ventures.
Pros
Benefits were good
Cons
Reduced benefits after declaring bankruptcy
Good stuff
Recreation Leader V (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CAJune 9, 2016
I enjoyed working for the City of Stockton's Recreation Department. It was a great opportunity to work with the local community and those in the tennis community.
fun
Refereeing, summer job, Sports official (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CAJune 7, 2016
I loved this job, very fun and a great experience . As a referee a day at work was also stressful and having confidence is important. My co workers were very helpful and talkative.
Great City
Lead organized (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CAMarch 8, 2016
The City of Stockton as an employer was a wonderful experience. The city is rapidly growing and is a great place to live in.
fast paced, rewarding work place
Recreation Leader (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CAFebruary 29, 2016
I learned, while working here, that I must be flexible and willing to work in team. Not only willing and flexible but ready to succeed as a team. I also learned that I must be as efficient and productive alone as the group at the same time.
Pros
Free lunch, holidays off
Cons
short breaks, no benefits
was a good place to work till the city filed bankruptsy
Traffic Signal Electrician (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CAJanuary 20, 2016
Learned a lot of new skills and good training programs. Good people,very fair place to work. Good solid work vehicles. Provided anything you needed to get the job done.
City Government
Housing Finance Advisor (Current Employee) –  Stockton, CADecember 10, 2015
I deal with the public daily which is the best part of my job. I solve problems and serve with joy. I have learned a lot about the bureaucratic process, finance, sales, and management. I enjoy my co-workers and I enjoy the social interaction between myself and the public. I also enjoy the presentations and the opportunity that I have to present on a regular basis.
Pros
Plenty of opportunity to learn
Cons
healthcare
Enjoyed working with the staff
Assist students (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CANovember 25, 2015
I was a staff member for the Lodi After school Program. I would help the students with homework and we played various activities. While I went to the military they held my position. The only down fall was the hours, I would have liked more.
Fun job
ASP Staff (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CANovember 10, 2015
I loved working here. this was my first real job at 16. The supervisors were really nice and it was such a laid back job working with children. We had fun every day.
City is bankrupt, salary is under par in comparison to cities statewide
Water Treatment Operator (Temp) (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CAJuly 10, 2015
Job as a whole was not too bad, and I am thankful for the opportunity. Some work could be done to improve management practices/staffing. City is bankrupt and could not get us the required repairs and supplies need to keep the plant running at full efficiency for the entire time I worked there. Skeleton crew due to the above issues. Working crew are intelligent, hard working individuals.
Pros
Paid lunch
Great Job
Repographics (Current Employee) –  Stockton, CAJune 8, 2015
I enjoy coming to work daily. It can be pretty fast paced and steady but there is help if needed. I have learned a lot about printing and Word Documents. My Co-Workers are great.
Water Field Tech
Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CAApril 24, 2015
Even though my job was a temp position I was afforded the oppourtunity to work side by side with water systems operators performing maintenance duties on the Citys water system.
Pros
Great people/work environment
Cons
My position was temporary
Fun palce to work
Bridge Staff (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CANovember 16, 2014
I enjoy working with children, My co workers and parents are awesome,
love to work and helping the company the best i can
Parking Lot Attendant (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CASeptember 29, 2014
had a great team and everyone worked hard i loved going to work and performing my best
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
City of Stockton
Technology Support Specialist I/II (Current Employee) –  Stockton, CAAugust 13, 2014
City of Stockton Helpdesk, combination of telephone, email, remote access, and onsite troubleshooting and repair of PCs, laptops, mobile devices, printers, and other peripherals
recreation leader = glorified babysitter
Recreation Leader (Current Employee) –  Stockton, CAAugust 8, 2014
For four hours, a Recreation Leader organizes and directs after-school program activities, tutors middle school students in homework of various subjects, is responsible for curriculum development and support, manages program paperwork, provides guidance, counseling, and mentoring of program participants, and troubleshoots issues with parents, participants, school administration, and other staff
Work at the City of Stockton
Assistant Civil Engineer (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CAMarch 9, 2014
In general, most employees maintained a professional environment supervisors took responsibility and maintain work relationships with co-workers. Learning opportunists were given to each individuals who demonstrated interest. From working in other larger agencies the one to one attention was there with mentoring. The hardest part of the Job was understanding the project priorities when work load was high and other projects had to be done at a later time. A ping pong table or exercise equipment would have been nice to compensate when walking outside was not practical due to ext ream whether. In general, work was enjoyable but changeling in the five years I worked there.
Pros
Employees where always trying to maintain good work relationships.
Cons
Training was sometimes not available when needed.
City Work
Maintenance Technician 1 (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CAFebruary 3, 2014
The team can do so much more. The managment can be manipulative, dishonest, and partial to favorites.
Cons
no reliable defense for employees when managment is out of line.
The current environment is very stressful. Management does not seem to care about employees.
Benefits Specialist (Current Employee) –  Stockton, CANovember 21, 2013
The City of Stockton was a wonderful place to work for many years. However, since the City filed for bankruptcy, the atmosphere is very stressful; management does not care about employees. The City still offers excellent salaries and benefits.
Tutoring 3rd through 6th grade
Recreation Leader V (Current Employee) –  Stockton, CAJuly 18, 2013
take attendance , prepare snack , 1 hour of academic studies, 30 to 45 min of enrichment activities , providing additional support in office duties
Pros
helping children, stable job securty
Cons
lack of hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CITY OF STOCKTON. Our community is ready to answer.

CITY OF STOCKTON Reviews by Location