CITY OF TALLAHASSEE

CITY OF TALLAHASSEE United States Employee Reviews

Go Place
Business Development Rep (Current Employee), Tallahassee, FlFebruary 24, 2015
Great place to work so far. Laid back and very comfortable so far. Great hours, benefits, and work life. Would recommend to anyone
It's a government job.
Network and Telephone Systems Administrator (Current Employee), Tallahassee, FLJanuary 27, 2015
Manage multiple ongoing network and telephone infrastructure projects. Manage two teams that handle stop work and new service request via ticketing system. Interact with different Customer groups to determine needs, develop designs, order equipment, configure, install and maintain.
Great group of people
Training/Equal Employment Opportunity Analyst (Former Employee), Tallahassee, FLDecember 23, 2014
Great opportunity to learn the organization that lead to a better position within the organization.
Fun, creative work environment
Summer Camp Recreation Leader (Former Employee), Tallahassee, FLNovember 11, 2014
I loved being outside and getting the kids to participate in physical activities. The most enjoyable part was playing sports and games with the campers. I learned a lot about different backgrounds and I loved how the kids confided in the camp leaders. It was a very rewarding experience.
Productive and decent work environment
Electric Utility Engineer (Current Employee), Tallahassee, FLOctober 12, 2014
* Good place to work in and good people to work with.
* Productive management.
Internship (Former Employee), Tallahassee, FLOctober 8, 2014
This was my internship job before graduation. I loved it and wished i could have got a full time position.
New York's top two neurologist!
Administrative Specialist I (Former Employee), Tallahassee, FLSeptember 14, 2014
Pros: the best job on earth!!
Cons: none.
Very busy office -- very fast paced, great work environment, wonderful people to work with. I loved helping the patients.
Good Place to Work
Coach Operator (Former Employee), Tallahassee, FLAugust 19, 2014
Pros: great benefits package
Cons: high turnover rate
Star Metro, was a great place to work, it was very family oriented, everyone got a long, and the work days were very productive.
Very fast paced and busy with a variety of work
Receptionist (Former Employee), Tallahassee, FLApril 18, 2014
Pros: learning new stuff
Cons: leaving for college
The day started out differently everyday. I would copy, file, fax and answer phones.
I learned alot about parks and recreation
Management was very successful
Co-workers were great!
Hardest part was dealing with mad people on the phone
Most enjoyable part was working with people I've known for along time
Great team environmwnt
Athletic Supervisor (Current Employee), Tallahassee, FLNovember 26, 2013
I oversee the youth sports for the City of Tallahassee. A large part of my job is working with external customers and resolving conflicts and providing a open line of communication with my staff and general public.
Old Plantation style work environment
Coach Driver (Former Employee), Tallahassee, FLOctober 6, 2013
Pros: benifits
Not good with advancement or employee pay. Poor management training.
Responsible and fun place with many opportunties
Recreational Leader (Former Employee), Tallahassee, FLAugust 22, 2013
Pros: exercise, meet new people, learn and enhance everyday skills
Cons: stress, sometimes working out in the heat
A typical day as a recreational leader working for the City of Tallahassee Parks, Recreation and Neighborhood Affairs is always interesting and enjoyable. Everyday you learn something new, whether its about the kids or if its about how to be a better person. I couldn't have asked for a better staff to work aside with. We are truly like a family. Everyone was always willing to lend a helping hand. The hardest part about the job was learning how to cope with the everyday stress. Working outside everyday during the summer wasn't always easy. Not to mention that each counselor was responsible for about 20 kids everyday. Besides all of that, the most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with the children, staff and most importantly their family members. Seeing so many smiles and being able to help people really makes you feel good about yourself.
Worked with incredible talented people in the industry and learned a ton
Television Producer/Writer (Former Employee), Tallahassee, FLJune 5, 2013
Pros: willingness to train me on all sorts of software
Cons: no healthcare benefits
We had to keep an hourly log of our activities and it was always full. Researching stories, writing stories, setting up times to interview and then editing it was difficult but so much fun too. Working for a city government is different from private industries and I learned a lot.
Excellent place to have a career.
Network Engineer (Current Employee), Tallahassee, FLJune 1, 2013
The City of Tallahassee is a place that provides excellent benefits. It is a wonderful place to work with lots of opportunities and wonderful people.
clerical
Clerical Administrative Representative (Former Employee), Tallahassee, FLApril 11, 2013
Pros: summer job
Cons: fun
Get there in the morning get thing together for the office type,file fax answer the telephone
Typical Job
Minority Business Specialist (Current Employee), Tallahassee, FLApril 3, 2013
Pros: health benefits
Cons: various management styles
Thankful for a job. I've learned that everyone doesn't think like you or wanted to do better. Some individuals are just here to pick-up a check rather than making a difference for others.
Productive and rewarding place to build your career.
Internship (Former Employee), Tallahassee, FLMarch 23, 2013
Pros: great employees, career advancing opportunities, proactive community
The City of Tallahassee is an enjoyable place to work and build your career. I enjoyed 3 years of working with the City of Tallahassee community, gaining valuable work experience and bonds with my coworkers.

The City of Tallahassee is a well organized business that values their employees and provide quality services to the residents that inhabit the city. They take responsibility and extreme care in the maintaining municipalities,parks, and utilities and is ranked #1 as the most livable city in the United States.
Progressive and community oriented government structure
Recreational Land Use Analyst (Former Employee), Tallahassee, FLMarch 20, 2013
Volunteering with the City of Tallahassee was an excellent opportunity for me to implement the academia I acquired locally while in college and also to work with some extremely dedicated and positive individuals all striving to make the City a better place to work and play.
Learned valuable lessons on how to deal with and understand at-risk children.
Teen Coordinator (Former Employee), Tallahassee, FLFebruary 13, 2013
Pros: seeing the faces of the children each day enjoying themselves and having fun.
Cons: more funding for those who can not afford it.
A camp coordinator wears many hats and plays many different roles.
While camps come in a variety of themes, locations and styles, the camp coordinator position remains relatively stable across all of them.
The camp coordinator interacts with counselors, campers and families.
This may require booking speaking engagements and traveling to them.
The camp supervisor watches over the daily operation of the camp. If it's an overnight camp, the supervisor is on call 24 hours while camp is in session.
Able to obtain additional work and responsibilities
I. E. III - AMP & Process Improvement Manager (Current Employee), Tallahassee, FLFebruary 11, 2013
The most enjoyable part is the freedom of gathering more work and creating new goals.