CITY OF TAMPA

CITY OF TAMPA Employer Reviews

Not a bad place to work
Accounting Technician II (Current Employee), Tampa, FLOctober 15, 2014
I haven't had any bad experiences working here. Working in certain departments, the work can be very tedious and boring at times. Work/life balance for a technician is great. You work your hours and then go home. Moving up though, I'm not sure how it would go.
Productive and rewarding
Clean City Division - Supervisor (Current Employee), Tampa, FLSeptember 6, 2014
Pros: interacting with the community
Cons: limited to access of working with other departments
A typical day at work is very busy and also rewarding. Working with the community and interacting with them has given me the knowledge to be able to provide what is needed to better the community. My co-workers are all team players and go out of their way to make the City of Tampa look great. The hardest part of the job is being able to use more of – more... your learning skills due to change of management. – less
A fast pace environment
Dispatcher-Temp (Former Employee), Tampa, FLApril 21, 2014
Pros: i can take lunch and brakes at anytime
Cons: i had to stay till last truck came in sometimes would leave almost 1hr after my end time
This was a very fast pace, multi taskful position. My day to day was answering phone, taking drivers paperwork and contacting drivers via dispatch phone to reroute get eta's answering the phone logging complaints and incidents and issues that are called in by police dept or residents and preparing and setting up work orders to service trucks. Coworkers – more... in my dept were great and friendly easy to work with the hardest part which i got used to after a couple of day was talking on phone and the dispatch phone at the same time logging and creating work orders for the trucks the most enjoyable part was wednesday were my slowest day with helped catch up to all that was needed and prepare for thursday and friday. – less
loved working here
Lifeguard (Former Employee), tampa,flMarch 24, 2014
For the most part I loved working for the city. I got to meet a lot of people that I would not meet working at a normal job. I got to experience I lot of different things.
Fun and challenging atmosphere to express dedication to community.
City of Tampa Parks and Recreation Leader (Current Employee), Tampa, FLJanuary 20, 2014
Forever changing scenery, meet new people from all walks of life everyday from the very young, to the very old.
Feedback as Requested
Services Crew Supervisor II (Former Employee), 107 North Franklin StreetDecember 26, 2013
Pros: tuition reimbursement and benefits package
Cons: downsizing departments
Fast work pace- multitasking was essential. Challenging physically and mentally. In this position I learned just how difficult it is sometimes dealing with so many personalities and resolving departmental conflicts of interest. I enjoyed seeing the results of my teams hard work in the landscaping division.
Aquatics leader (Former Employee), Tampa, FlDecember 6, 2013
I have learned to have a quick reaction during emergencies, using life saving devices such as CPR and an AED. Management is great and always there when you need them. The most enjoyable part of the job is at the end of the day you know that there wasn't a life lost.
Good customer service
Recreation Leader (Former Employee), Tampa, FLOctober 21, 2013
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
Love it because i was able to be healthy and get in fit while working there.
produtive,goodjob,had fun
Waste Water Utility Tech (Former Employee), Tampa, FLAugust 5, 2013
repairing sewer lines, everything about outside wastewater, coworkers were fun to work with, management was good..
Worked with children and families
Lifeguard (Former Employee), Tampa, FLJuly 9, 2013
Pros: cpr and aid certified
Cons: in the heat all day everyday
A day at this jobs is being very assertive and paying attention to everyone.I learned how to rescue adults and children from drownding.The best part of the job was helping people.
City Of Tampa is a grest company to work for
Security Guard (Former Employee), Tampa, FLApril 19, 2013
a typical day at work very busy and very educational you learn how to deal with the public on a personal and professional level. management is very helpful,Coworkers lots of team work,The hardest part of the job is dealing with difficult customers. the great part is the networking and getting to know important people like the Mayor.
Utilities
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Tampa, FLApril 4, 2013
Everyone is friendly and helpful. It's a utility company so you will have to deal with irate customers and the challenge of meeting their needs and making sure they're satisfied. You will typically take between 40-60 calls a day where you have to either deal with questions about service the City provide, billing, and solid waste inquiries. For the most – more... part if you're part of the company I'm quite sure the benefits are nice but I was employed by temporary agency to work there. – less
Managing the cash out flows-payroll, pension, payables and Property Control
Accounting Operations Manager (Former Employee), TampaMarch 27, 2013
Pros: work environment provided the opportunity to help others employees, retirees, and vendors.
Cons: higher management support was inconsistent
Enjoyed the areas I was responsible for the four "P's". Overseeing the cash outflow departments gave me the opportunity to manage different areas of revenue and finance departments.
Establishing policies and procedures, production schedules and compliance with other agency for each of my departments was one of the leadership skills I provided to my – more... job.
Applying my coaching management style provided the opportunity to train and promote my employees, this was the most enjoyable part of the job.
Using teamwork strategy and meeting with the employees on a weekly basis gave every employee the opportunity to be engaged in making decision and being involved in the company's core value.
A typical day at work was hectic but very successful. – less
very interesting, during this year attended nursing school
Clerical Specialist I (Former Employee), Tampa, FLNovember 27, 2012
Pros: learned
Cons: wanted to go to school
learned a lot about administrative work at the city of tampa water department
A great organization to work for.
Assistant Scalehouse Supervisor (Current Employee), Tampa, FLNovember 13, 2012
Pros: great benefits
Cons: difficult to advance
A typical work day begins with reading and responding to emails, dealing with citizens and private haulers. Assisting my employees with any difficult citizen issues. Completing cash and credit transactions.
The city is a great place to work at.
auto Equiment operator 2 (Former Employee), Tampa, FLAugust 14, 2012
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
The people i worked with are great to work with. But supervisor's can't think passed the nose on there face. If you try to make suggestions they don't want here it.
Administration of civil engineering contracts
Engineer Technician (Current Employee), Tampa, FLJuly 6, 2012
• Administration of civil engineering contracts for the construction of public facilities which include mainly water distribution facility and highway restoration. Duties included :
o Review shop drawing submittals, as-built, pay requests and invoices,
o Evaluate field changes and make recommendations to Senior Engineer,
o Lead pre-construction meetings – more... between contractor, engineer of record and developer,
o Coordinate all water main activities with the relevant departments,
o Monitor pressure tests and prepare pressure test reports as per FDEP standards,
o Resolve customer complaints, and represent the Administration Department in meetings,
o Prepare daily reports using Primavera and/or Microsoft Excel. – less
Excellent place to work.
Personnel Assistant/Security Team Supervisor (Former Employee), Tampa FloridaJuly 1, 2012
Great place to work, enjoyed working with people, department functions were a blast, exercise outing, softball and such was a great part of the fun part of the job. Management was the best to work for, and co-workers were all team players in every aspect.
Reorg in process for unpridictable time period
Accounting Supervisor/Accountant (Current Employee), Tampa, FloridaApril 29, 2012
Going through reorganization for past 2 1/2 years and still on-giong...