CITY OF TAMPA Employee Reviews

Family atmosphere
Evidence Technician/Police Department (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 23, 2017
Picked up property and evidence in three sites in Police Department van.
Entered property and evidence into system then filed properly.
Answered the telephone.
Disposed property and evidence.
At the impound lot returned car to the owner.
Pros
Loved the job.
expereimental environment
Automated Collection Driver (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 19, 2017
enjoyed working there and I learned a lot was there 35 years . Had the chance to learn a lot about full automation trucks. Retired there years ago!!!!
very good place to work
Traffic Control Technician I (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 9, 2017
very good place to work depending on job and section , stable hours and pay paid vacations and sick time . you can transfer to other jobs if open positions
Pros
fixed hours and pay
Cons
promotions
Mantenance (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 1, 2017
This is a wonderful job for teens with no record and in school. It teaches one the value of life and responsibilities. It is a part time job and minimum wage.
Great Job
Service Attendant 11 (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 30, 2017
Great Job. I love working outdoors. This job provided me 15 years of experience and training that i am most grateful to have. I am currently using that experience in my future career.
Not a fun place. If you are not. In the click
AUTOMATED RECYCLING DRIVER (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 16, 2017
If you are not in the click then there's no hope for you they lie quickly and tell you one thing and change .in a minute if they tell you to go left they'll​ go right they don't have there employee at heart. Lies all of the time and the union does nothing but take your money.
Pros
Good insurance
Cons
If you are in the click they will do you nasty
Fantastic place to work until lay off time
Services Attendant Level 2 (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLApril 18, 2017
I enjoyed my over 10 years at the city. The only issues I had were since its union it was impossible to fire deadbeat staff. What happens is the good employees get taken advantage of to cover for the deadbeats that cant be fired.
Pros
Great Pay, Great benefits
Cons
Unions are wrothless
Fast pace
Communications Technician II (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLMarch 26, 2017
Works with police and emergency medical teams to provide quick responses to emergencies. Very stressful environment; an improper response or delay increases the risk and health of the caller. Callers are often frightened or excited and may not be able to give you the proper information. In some situations, the caller may become angry or abusive, and you must be able to stay in control of the situation. Have to multi-task use telephones and computers, and communicate with emergency response teams with two-way radios. Sitting for long periods of time and monitoring a computer screen could cause eye strain and back pain. Work a 40-hour week, you are often subjected to rotating shifts and alternative work schedules.
Pros
Stability
Cons
Unscheduled madatory over-time
Fun place to work
Help Desk Analyst (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMarch 9, 2017
I had a great time working for the City of Tampa. I met a lot of interesting people there. The management was amazing. I loved the support that my coworkers provided when I needed it.
Great Benefits and Pension Plan
Senior Parks Operation Specialist (Former Employee) –  City of Tampa, FLMarch 7, 2017
Everyday was very productive. There was always work to be done. There was communications between all levels of employment. My background is in horticulture and my most rewarding times were working on my wild flower beds and native plant restoration projects.
Fun workplace
Recreation Leader (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 1, 2017
Working for the City of Tampa was something that I enjoyed very, very much. The kids and their personalities made my day soon as I came to work. Being outside and being active everyday really helped me physically and mentally.
First Job.
Seasonal Lifeguard (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLNovember 30, 2016
I had this job in 2014 for three months as a seasonal employee, but it was the job that began my amazing work ethic. The City taught me, "There' never an excuse to stand around and do nothing, always have something in your hands." Because of them, my work ethic is above the normal. I love to work hard, not for recognition, just for myself. It makes me feel better walking out of my job knowing i did my best that day and I'll do better tomorrow.
Pros
Great summer job
Cons
Seasonal job
Tampa Police Department
COMMUNICATIONS TECH II (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLNovember 18, 2016
This can be a very intense, exciting, and rewarding job. The days off change ever month and everything is based on seniority. Increases are given every year based on your evaluation.
Large metropolitan City
Safety and Loss Prevention Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLOctober 29, 2016
Safety and risk management competent city with large service area. Multiple opportunities for growth and mobility. Great place to work.
Very fun
Neighborhood enhancement (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLSeptember 20, 2016
Just working with the city of Tampa for a certain amount of time was an awesome life-changing experience, also I learn how to handle and use industrial lawn equipment
Pros
Set schedule every week
Cons
Sometimes it gets hot outside
I really like this job the only thing was the heat
Neighborhood Enhancement (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLSeptember 17, 2016
I was in the summer youth program for teens neighborhood enhancing as in cleaning the streets picking up trash and mowing lawn it was very very hot and it is the only thing that was bad but the coworkers and everything was very nice the manager was a very nice everyone is very nice I like to joke around
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 29, 2016
Great opportunities within organization. Jobs available in different departments. There are many hourly positions that don't require a degree that still pay well. There is plenty flexibility within the organization as well as room to grow.
Management is corrupt and disrespectful
Roll Off Driver (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 24, 2016
My experience at City of Tampa Solid Waste has been horrible. I get along with everyone but the employees are extremely cliquey, they don't like outsiders and they will act as if you don't exist. Management is no better, they are disrespectful, not helpful, and flat out rude. Paperwork suddenly goes missing, not told about mandatory meetings until the last minute, treated very differently than other employees.
Part-time job.
Recreational Leader (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMarch 30, 2016
Working with the City of Tampa was experience, for sure. I was able to work with young adults and children throughout the summer. I had the pleasure of seeing the community in the neighborhood I grew up in.
Pros
home, simple, fun
Cons
short-term
The City of Tampa is a great place to work.
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLMarch 15, 2016
The city is a great place to work. Benefits are excellent. Merit increases are based on a scale and are guaranteed per contract.