CITY OF TEMPE Employee Reviews in United States

Great Internship Experience
City Planning Intern (Current Employee) –  31 E 5th St, Tempe AZ 85281December 19, 2015
This internship is the most relevant experience I have had in my field. This internship requires me to do many things for the city. Some of my weekly tasks include creating GIS models from planners, Assisting planners with existing cases for the city, Attend cite plan review for future development projects, and post signs for new development projects being voted on. I am assigned different things every week because the planners working for the city of tempe want their interns to be completely versed with all issues dealing with local city government and land planning. I have learned so much from city of tempe and will continue to show what I have learned as my careers starts to emerge.
Nice place to work
Building Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZMay 4, 2016
Collaborative work environment. Provides opportunity to work with people who care about the community.

Experienced management willing to work with your schedule and make recommendations for advancement.
Best Place to Work
EO2+ (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZMarch 8, 2016
Work days were Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday, 5:30 to 4. The hardest part of my job was alley work very tight for such a big truck.
Pros
pay, home time, insurance, vacation, sick time, comp time, Retirment
Job was wonderful, management was miserable
Water Safety Instructor (Former Employee) –  Tempe ArizaonaMay 28, 2014
A typical day working for the City of Tempe included checking chemical levels in the pool, cleaning/disinfecting surfaces, preparing lesson plans for the various swimming classes I taught, and monitoring the pool for safety violations. I learned how to communicate across generational boundaries, and I learned how to be patient with people while they were attempting to learn a new skill. Management blatantly chose their friends for promotions and raises over people who were more qualified and deserving. Hardest part of the job was having to listen to several of my managers rant about they're despise of homosexuals and non-Christians. The most enjoyable part of working for the City of Tempe was seeing the smile on peoples faces while they were playing in the pool
Nothing much to add here.
Part-time Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 3, 2015
City of Tempe is a non profit organization also run by the city government.They work with youth in Arizona by scheduling events, after school programs, recreational programs, etc.
getting to know all the people there
Summer Camp Counselor (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZJune 29, 2015
great environment and people. happy to be able to get to know everybody there. fun place to work. love the management team very professional.
Great place to work, enjoyed interaction with variety of people.
Building Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AzOctober 22, 2015
I enjoy helping people. This location provided that opportunity on a daily basis. I only worked on a part time basis and need a full time position.
Helping Citizens through Judicial System
Court Services Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZFebruary 18, 2015
Assisting citizens on a daily basis with the judicial system and doing so by making it efficient and effective with a case management system.
Pros
benefits and pay
Productive and innovative environemnt
Crisis Response Counselor (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZApril 23, 2015
We are devoted to providing absolutely vital daily services to the public in The City of Tempe. We tackle very challenging problems such as expanding services to meet the needs of changing populations without necessarily raising taxes, implementing information technologies that better connect citizens to their governments, and improving responses to natural disasters.

CARE 7 is dispatched to calls through the emergency 911 system in an eight passenger van. The team responds from a Fire Station to traumatic incidents, assaults, homicides, robberies, attempted or completed suicides, drownings, domestic violence incidents, house fires, loss of loved ones and serious injury accidents. On the crisis scene, CARE 7 is able to fully focus on the emotional and practical needs of the family and/or individual in crisis while the Police and Fire personnel attend to law enforcement, medical emergency, and fire suppression needs
Great group of people to work with.
Water/Waste-water Treatment Plant Operator (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZDecember 1, 2014
Management and staff very friendly and knowledgeable.I received extensive training in the utilization of automation in controlling all city water/wastewater systems.
Pros
excellent training programs
Great Company Great people!
Building Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZJune 4, 2015
I enjoy working for the city of tempe! It is a great expreince and i enjoy everyone i work with and the perks that come with.
fun place to work if you love kids
Program Leader (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZMay 24, 2014
kids are funny, some have behavior issues, management is questionable.
Super place to work
Building Inspector/Fire Inspector (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZJanuary 28, 2015
Hardest job is a Type V one hour afes apartment Bldg.

My co-workers were very supportive

Pros
wonderful people
Cons
training
I enjoyed serving the citizens of Tempe
Water Treatment Plant Operator (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZApril 8, 2013
I enjoyed serving the community of Tempe.Accomplishments were bringing on line Enhanced Coagulation Systems.This included Gravity Plate Settlers,CO2 injection,WEDECO UV system,Aeration Basin,Sludge Thickening,Sludge plate settling.All these systems translated into THM removal.
Fun job
Lifeguard/ Swim Instructor (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZOctober 27, 2014
Lots of young people make the job fun. It is very easy if you can do all the training and take it serious. It is more for younger teens.
Pros
you get to be a lifeguard
Cons
lots of sitting, and cleaning
City of Tempe
Arts Specialist - Production (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZNovember 14, 2012
An excellent employer that demonstrate honest concern for the well being of their employees.
Leader
Program Leader III (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZJune 19, 2013
As a leader in the community, it is great to learn about the accomplishments of students that were once in my program.
Fun place to work
Activity Leader (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZAugust 11, 2012
Full of children laughing, playing and asking for help with help on their homework.

4.3