CITY OF THORNTON Employee Reviews in United States

IT is a High Trust environment
Technology Services Manager (Current Employee) –  Thornton, COApril 11, 2016
Working in and Managing staff within the IT Department is a great work experience. Highly motivated internally, and the high trust environment is well known throughout the City. Succession planning is in place and well known to all staff. Focused on maintaining technology, and advancing as fast as budget and organizational priorities allow. Very innovative staff and creative on new projects form a hardware, software, and funding standpoint.

Support includes internal and external facing services with 100% of the organization active IT customers.
Pros
Excellent benefits package with 2 provider options. Empowered IT Staff.
Cons
No formal remote work options
Delegation
Current Planning Manager, Growth Management (Former Employee) –  Thornton, COJune 5, 2016
This was a top down management system that kept control as close to the top as possible. The most enjoyable part of the time there was working through issues that arose to do our work better for others, but at the same time, it may have been the most difficult when key decisions were orchestrated from above without all players at the table or being in the communication loop. Staff did the best they could under the circumstances.
Really boring
Water Resources Analyst - Water Resources Division (Former Employee) –  Thornton, CONovember 11, 2015
Low standards. Not much to do, unable to take leave without pay, even where there's nothing to do around the office. Nice window view. Commute sucks.
Seasonal/yet enjoyable work
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Thornton, COOctober 16, 2013
I enjoyed the co workers and the work was great,i learned a lot from this company.
Pros
stable work
Cons
no benifits
Repetitious work with little reward and long hours.
Heavy Equipment Operator II (Former Employee) –  Thornton, COApril 1, 2015
The work was not difficult, but required many hours with many people from a variety of backgrounds. Advancement was available as there was a lot of turnover within the department.
Pros
Extremely steady.
Cons
Terrible environment.
management
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Thornton, COApril 14, 2014
the job was good along with the pay. but the management trys to bully you into doing supervisor jobs when u are not the supervisor. when the supervior was not doing their job. they also expect u to train people when that was not ur job. they would never check on u to see if u where even there or not. they dont care about their employees. when they tell any employee there is a change to their hours or place that they are going to be working, and yes i did say tell, not ask. if the employee has a problem with it they say to bad, leave then. that is what happened to me but they told me to sign my check over to them, i just left
Very good place to work and gain alot of skills and knowledge.
Administrative Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Thornton, COFebruary 22, 2015
Depending on where you work in the City can make all the difference in ones review. I totally enjoyed working at City Hall and the atmosphere was welcoming and pleasant. In other locations, the environment was much different and could be very tense, stressful, fatiguing, critical and demanding. My tenure was long and I learned a lot.
Seeking Growth
Head Lifeguard II (Current Employee) –  City of ThorntonAugust 12, 2014
To obtain a position that will allow me to utilize my education and work experience for personal growth and professional advancement.

2.7