CITY OF TRACY Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Work-Life BalancePay & BenefitsJob Security & AdvancementManagementCulture
Stereotypical government agency
Industrial Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Tracy, CADecember 10, 2016
Thgouigh many good and decent people work there, the organizational culture is one of low expectations and mediocrity. Your best chance at advancement is nepotism.
Stereotypical Public Service
Industrial Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Tracy, CANovember 10, 2016
Pays great and they don't expect much. Those jokes you hear about city workers- all true. The organizational culture is one of mediocrity and low expectations. No one with any real self respect can stand to work here for very long. I tried but hated it every day.

Advancement and management is by the good ol' boy/girl system with no regard for abilities or qualifications. In my department the manager hid and passed the buck all the time.

I enjoyed the times I was able to accomplish something, but mostly these people don't want to do any work and they resent anyone whop does.
Unity with Co-workers
Assistant City Worker (Former Employee) –  Tracy, CAOctober 6, 2016
Distributing products to those in need gave me so much joy. Co-workers were great and united in getting the job done. I learned how to store products, distribute to public.
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
Season ended too quickly
Very Satisfying Experience with Positive Environment
Select Staffing- Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Tracy, CASeptember 13, 2016
Very Productive and Positive Environment. Pleasant employees and precise instruction. Work was very steady with times of extreme volume of people.
Fun
Community service volunteer (Former Employee) –  Tracy, CAJuly 12, 2016
I've always enjoyed working with kids and working hands on, being active. My job was to coach the kds, and give them tips on playing basketball. But, not just to play the game but to teach them how to work as a team at the ages of 8-11. You get to build relationships with little kids who enjoy the same thing that you do as well.
I liked working with seniors
Volunteer Work (Former Employee) –  Tracy, CASeptember 15, 2013
I volunteered in college and this is why I applied for a job with the city. All the seniors liked me and probably missed me when I stopped volunteering. I loved all the seniors and all the excitement they shared with one another any myself.
Pros
The seniors and their excitement for life
Cons
fun and enjoyable outside job
Maintenance Worker (Former Employee) –  Tracy, CAMay 21, 2013
my daily job was to maintain city parks. ie clean, plant trees and bushes, edge and blow the grass, trim hedges or trees and do general maintenance at parks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CITY OF TRACY. Our community is ready to answer.

2.2