City of Tuscaloosa

City of Tuscaloosa Employee Reviews

Productive workplace and very flexible with work hours.
Wellness Intern (Current Employee), Tuscaloosa, AL.February 10, 2015
Pros: flexible hours, free birthday lunches, and having the flexibility to implement programs that i see fit.
Cons: having to attend multiple meetings throughout the week, and not having the resources or funding needed to make a bigger and better wellness program.
During a typical day at work I am constantly checking emails, since that is the main source of communication between the city employees and I. I also continue to look for ways to adapt and improve the wellness program that is in place as we continue to grow as a city. In addition to keeping up with emails and researching ways to improve the city's wellness program, I reserve auditoriums and confirm events that have already been set into place.
I have learned many things from the City of Tuscaloosa, such as how to plan for a health fair, continuing to develop the wellness program on a set budget and how to implement different programs within a targeted group of people.
Management within the city is great! Everyone is willing to help as long as you ask for it. Although they don't give you the answers or do things for you, they are always while to guide you in the right direction.
My co-workers are so much more than I could ask for. Just like the management within the city, they are ready to give me a helping hand with any project or program I am needing help with.
The hardest part about this job, is that it is not like a normal internship where they just give you busy work like filing papers. This internship requires you to maintain and improve their wellness program. A lot of the work I do is based on my knowledge, my research and where I think the program should go. Ultimately, the hardest part of this internship is not having a specific thing to do everyday and not having someone there to tell you what to do.
The most enjoyable part of this job is seeing the end result within the employees, planning the health fair, and creating new things within the program. I love seeing how happy the employees are after being involved in programs the city offers, like Scale Back Alabama.
PRODUCTIVE WORK PLACE
CITIZENS ADVISOR FOR THE MAYOR OF TUSCALOOSA (Current Employee), Tuscaloosa, ALJuly 20, 2013
WORK ARE STRESS FREE LEARN ABOUT KEY POINTS ISSUES AROUND THE CITY CO-WORKERS ARE NICE PEOPLE TO WORK WITH EASY JOB YOU HAVE THE PASSION TO HELP YOUR CITIZENS MOST ENJOYABLE PART OF THE JOB COMING TO WORK.
great people to work with.
Equipment Operator senior (Former Employee), Tuscaloosa, ALDecember 5, 2012
Pros: lots of vacation time
Cons: not much room for advancement
Maintain the City roads and right of ways. You can learn alot of valuable skills to help you in life.
Productive, Fun, Very Interesting
Meter Technician (Current Employee), Tuscaloosa, ALOctober 11, 2012
Pros: free to move about the city and do my work unsupervised.
Cons: working in any weather at anytime..
Everyday is a different challenge. Days can be very long on certain routes that may include up to 900 meters. I learned how to deal with a variety of people and deal with plenty of animals. My manager tries to help make sure we all are safe. I have good coworkers that are willing to get the job done. The hardest part of this job is cutting off people water that has not paid on time. Some people are very hard to work with and other are very nice. It enjoyable to see different people every day and be all over the City of Tuscaloosa.

City of Tuscaloosa Salaries