CITY OF WARREN Employee Reviews in United States

Operator 1 (Former Employee) –  S.Park Ave, Warren, OHMay 16, 2016
Water Pollution Control - Great bunch of men! Heavy manual labor but it was kept fun and relaxed. Made the days go by even on overtime. The formen here were just fantastic. Great bosses.
At Street Dept...too many chiefs, not enough Indians. Not many motivated employees there, But I did enjoy plowing snow and even did enjoy patching pot holes.
At Sanitation...Great place to work! Every man knows his route and all are go getters. Family type brotherhood amongst the drivers and mechanics. Love these guys.
As for the wages....per collective bargaining agreement, drivers rate of pay is over $19hr. However, new hires make 60% of that. Incremental increases until top rate is reached after 7 years.
Pros
Good coworkers, supervisors
Cons
Hourly rate
Customer Service
Administrative Technician (Current Employee) –  Warren, MINovember 2, 2015
Poor leadership, hours are great if you like office hours. Basically all I have to say is that it's a job with benefits. The only way to advance is if management likes you. It's not based on job performance nor is it based on seniority.
911, it's not just three random numbers!
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Warren, MIFebruary 11, 2013
Working with at least two others, together we worked as a unit, having to communicate effectively, quickly and often having to prioritize the incoming calls for service. Frequently I was acting Supervisor and as such I had the final say on how calls were handled, in what order and when they were dispatched. We had supervisors that were our equal co-workers, but, our management frequently came from our Lieutenant who worked outside the walls of the dispatch center. The hardest part of the job came when you dealt with a life and death call, hearing the shots fired or the assault occurring and having the "fight or flight" physical reaction and being unable to do anything but send an officer. The most enjoyable part, by far, was catching the 'bad guy' right after a heinous crime was committed!
Pros
great benefits
Cons
forced overtime, all too often short-staffed when we should have a minimum of four in the room at any one time
Fun meeting new people
On call Poll Inspector (Former Employee) –  Warren, MIApril 29, 2012
I learned alot about people just by looking up they're information. You have people thats sensitive to they're political views.
Pros
you could leave and go vote at your poll.
Cons
short breaks
Drive trucks and maintain parks
Park Maintenance Laborer (Former Employee) –  Warren, MIAugust 7, 2013
Cutting down trees, maintaining streets, driving heavy equipment and cleaning up parks.
Pros
great pay
Cons
no insurance
Amazing Experience
Pool Director/Maintenance (Current Employee) –  Warren, MIJune 17, 2013
Really loved the people I worked with. All the co-workers that were there were like a second family to me.