City of Wilmington Employee Reviews

Great place to gain experience
Administrative Support Technician (Current Employee), Wilmington, NCJuly 1, 2015
Although the company's business practices seem stoic and outdated, this is a great place to work if you need to gain professional experience or an understanding of government processes.
Very Busy
Human Resource Information Analyst (Former Employee), Wilmington, DEJune 21, 2015
Pros: Busy
Cons: short breaks, pay, management.
Typically handle Union Contracts at 8am until 12 Noon. Workers Compensation, Benefits, Hiring Practices, Payroll Issues, Posting Applications, Interviews, Handling Miscellaneous Issues such as meetings, conflicts, harassments, etc. until 5pm. Running with food in my mouth because I am unable to sit and eat lunch because there is always an issue or fire that needs burning out. Come home exhausted, within 20 minutes the tv ends up watching me. I learned that a reduce free stress job is the key to my happiness and enjoyment of life.
The City of Wilmington
Administrative Coordinator (Current Employee), Wilmington, DEMay 13, 2015
Learning basic receptionist work. Answering telephones, operating a switch board telelphone. Viewing and ansering voice messages. Data entry.

Internship with The City of Wilmington
productive and excellet workplace
Automotive Mechanic (Former Employee), Wilmington, NCMarch 10, 2015
Pros: very little room for advancement
Cons: excellent benefits, vacation and sick time
I enjoyed this position because you were able to start and complete the entire job. We had on the job training as well as sent out to the dealerships for additional training. excellent co-workers and the job was very enjoyable because of the knowledge that you got from the various training
Good Job
Police Officer City (Former Employee), Wilmington, DEDecember 3, 2014
Pros: the honor that came with the job
Cons: three 12 our shifts
The City of Wilmington was a great place to work and the benefits as a police office are unrivaled base on what I know about other companies.

The greatest thing about the job was it allowed for self motivation and creative use of the rules within reason.

It was an honor to serve the citizens of Wilmington for twenty-two years.
Training
Customer Service (Former Employee), Wilmington, DENovember 10, 2014
The company was a good place to work, everyone was very helpful
Fun, safe work environment.
Counselor (Former Employee), Wilmington, DESeptember 29, 2014
Pros: great atmosphere. fun staff.
Cons: seasonal only.
Friendly staff. Great experience providing children with a weekend excursion. Enjoyed exposing children to new learning experiences in country setting absent of all electronic stimulation. Great nature experience.
Love working for the city
Pool Manager and Lead Lifeguard (Former Employee), Wilmington DelawareJanuary 31, 2014
Great place to work, eat and have fun with co-workers. City life working is always great. make ones work day go by faster.
Productive work place
Monitor (Current Employee), Wilmington, DEJanuary 16, 2014
My work day always starts with communication from the director discussing what needs to be don't for that day. Or any upcoming events. The hardest part of my job was trying to gather all the proper paper work on time from clients. I can say that I really enjoyed working with children and fulfilling the needs of families.
Support Specialist (Former Employee), Wilmington, NCSeptember 10, 2013
Pros: great co-workers
Cons: no benefits
Laid back place to work, activities daily makes you feel like a big kid. A day at work is easy and very laid back.
Customer service centered organization
COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT INTERN (Former Employee), Wilmington, NCAugust 19, 2013
A typical day included interacting with various community stakeholders and interest groups. Organizational processes and procedures are well organized and employes are encouraged to participate in developing organizational goals and objectives. Management a the CIty of Wilmington is of the top quality and actively seek input form staff members.
Learning Experience
RECEPTIONIST (Former Employee), Wilmington, DEJune 4, 2013
The work environment was welcoming and helpful in learning to excel in different aspects of the company.
I need security and I"m not sure there is ,for the last 5 months it has been month to month even though I"m considered full time.
Maintenance Worker I (Current Employee), Wilmington, ILMay 23, 2013
Pros: every other friday.
Cons: dependas on the situation.
My typical day would be help out with readings(DO and Sludge Depths) then run a sludge press or do maintenance on equipment or fix something thats broken,not everyday is the same..
I love this job
Park Coordinator (Former Employee), Wilmington, DEFebruary 21, 2013
Pros: i liked answering the phone
Cons: n/a
answered phones, made copies,taking down messages. helping the kids with classwork. and aslo playing games with them.passing out asignments.
The city of wilmington is a great place to work
Delivery Driver (Current Employee), Wilmington, DEOctober 25, 2012
Pros: they take great care of there employs
Cons: they offer no benifets or full time employment
The city of wilmington is productive and is fun and a great place to work.Through out the day they reward us with free lunches.The only down fall is its only part time with no benifits.
Productive, and co-workers are very friendly.
Financial Administrator's Assistant (Former Employee), Wilmington, DESeptember 11, 2012
typical day is easy going
co-workers are willing to help you
management was great
I truly enjoyed working there
Secure Job-Civil Service
Account Clerk\Translator\Interpreter (Current Employee), Wilmington, OHAugust 22, 2012
Pros: vacation, personal, comp and sick time! healthcare benefits.
Cons: no raises since 2010
I have a supervisor but I know what my job duties are so I come to work knowing what I have to do.I love my pay rate and my benefits.
Great job for benefits,fun work environment
Sanitation Worker (Former Employee), Wilmington, NCMay 24, 2012
Pros: good work environment, and great benefits
Cons: advancement
A day at work for me would consist of hard days work,but also a work at your own pace.I learned how to work with others,and also
the value of a good job.As for my Co-workers some were easier to get along with than others but for the most great people.The hardest part would be the weather and the smell but I after experience for a while it gets in your blood and it doesn't bother you as much.The most enjoyable part was laughing and enjoying company with my co workers which helps mostly when job is complete correctly
Very educational and fullfilling position
Police Officer (Former Employee), Wilmington, DEMay 22, 2012
Provided experience in several aspects of life and had excellent benefits. Job was stressful at times however not to the point that effected performance
Piece of Cake
Parks & Rec. Coordinator Assistant (Current Employee), Wilmington,DEApril 26, 2012
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: not enough hours
I come into work, my boss leaves me a list of things that need to be done like checking emails, and the answering machine. Returning calls and filling out work orders for the city parks. My job is very easy and I enjoy working here. I wouldnt say i have a hard part at my job.