City of Worcester Employee Reviews

Very Productive
Assistant Site Director (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MAMay 12, 2017
The organizations that I worked were very productive and fun place to work. They have maintained the high level of professionalism where I found every team was so professional and helpful.
very fun work place
Cafeteria Worker (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MAMarch 15, 2017
I enjoyed working for the Worcester Public School. I enjoy working with children. I met new people everyday. I worked in different school so I had the opportunity to work with a lot different school age children. i love to cook so i enjoyed making and serving children there food. Its a great place to work at. The lunch lady's are very nice.
Pros
you learn a lot of things
Cons
great benefits great pay
Fun place to work
Sanitation Worker (Current Employee) –  Worcester, MAOctober 5, 2016
You basically get paid to work out picking up the garbage around the city great benefit work from 730 to 1130 go home for the rest of the day that's right if you could get a part-time job I'll be great as you have the time
Pros
Very friendly place to work
no motivational process
Lawyer (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MAAugust 24, 2016
Typical bureaucracy, there was no motivation or review process. There was no advancement. There was also no guidance or training. This was a place where careers go to die.
Horrible City
Marketing manager (Former Employee) –  Main libraryJuly 31, 2015
If you have integrity do not sell your soul. The City human resources will not be on your side if you need help. The library administration is terrible and will belittle you. Everyone is lazy.
Great opportunity to give back to the community
Recreation and summer councilor (Former Employee) –  Worcester,MAJune 8, 2015
Spent the summer days working students in a summer program that included educational and recreational activities. Also a great opportunity to give back to the generations coming along.
Aerospace Science Instructor (Current Employee) –  Worcester, MAFebruary 13, 2014
Typical day at work consist of teaching grades 9-12 leadership education and aerospace science. I have learned that as a teacher I get as much education as I give. The students educate a teacher in ways that are wonderful. The management is supportive, helpful and knowledgeable. My co-workers are the greatest and are there for you when you need them. The hardest part of the job is staying up with all the changes in the education system and the teacher evaluation system. The most enjoyable part of the job is the students.
Pros
The ability to stay young with the students
Cons
student confrontations and student discipline
Great Job
Cross Guard (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MAJanuary 17, 2013
Crossing kids and parents was nice. Was able to meet alot of people in this field.
Fun staff and Supervisors
Lifeguard (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MAOctober 12, 2012
I worked at the a beach and with a group of men which was unusual to get that. Supervisors were relaxed and understanding. Training was paid for by the city which was awsome!
Pros
paid training
Cons
only a summer job
Self motivated position, very busy and multi task position
Word Processor (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MAJanuary 8, 2012
Great retirement benefits and excellent mother's hours. Friendly and Professional staff.

Want to know more about City of Worcester?

Ask a question