Civitas Senior Healthcare Employee Reviews

Sort: Helpful | Rating | Date
High Expectations of Management/ Low Pay/Limited Training
Employee (Current Employee) –  TexasAugust 19, 2017
The company culture is top heavy with lots of compensation and support exhibited at the corporate level. However, on the community level, the compensation is low, benefits are costly, no 401K offered, and little training is offered to meet the exceptions of management. There is a tendency to hire community managers with limited experience and credentials who have personal connections with the owners. These limitations effect the quality of care offered to residents and the direction in which the staff should be headed. Consequently, the company should look at making positive changes to their employee rewards system, training programs, and hiring managers who meet the leadership qualifications for senior living communities.
Pros
Wonderful residents, compassionate care-giving team.
Cons
Costly benefits, no career advancement options, limited training, top heavy company culture.
Highly Productive and Rewarding Workplace
Sr. VP of Wellness (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMay 17, 2017
Overall Rating: I am the type of person that finds joy in any type of work that I do and I have enjoyed many aspects of my past roles in other companies. However, Civitas checks off all the boxes in all categories for me.

Job Work / Life Balance: This is the first company that I've worked for that my supervisor actually told me that I work too much and that I should protect my time a little better because family is important. What?! Simply amazing.

Compensation / Benefits: I get paid every day to work with people that I admire in a job that I love...

Job Security / Advancement: I was promoted twice within 14 months. Hard work pays off!

Management: They could not be more caring, considerate, or hard working!

Job Culture: Passion is not an option. If you are not passionate about your career, you may not make it around here. The job culture is very much work hard / play hard - but you have fun doing both!
Pros
Family environment, hard working team
Passionate Company
VP of Wellness (Current Employee) –  Austin, TexasMay 17, 2017
Civitas is the best company I have ever had the pleasure to work for. They are dedicated to the residents and staff in all the buildings they operate. I have never met a more passionate team that always strive to go above and beyond, more importantly they always do what is right and that is hard to find in healthcare and senior living.
Great company! Ask any of their long tenured employees.
Marketing Director (Current Employee) –  DFW, TXMay 17, 2017
I have worked with Civitas Senior Living for over a year and I can't say enough great things about the team. It is rare to find a group of individuals as compassionate, hard working and energetic about senior living. It is a family owned company and the family does have their own parents/grandparents in their communities. I know many other candidates that have been trying to leave their large corporate jobs and have tried to get a job with Civitas. They are a perfect balance of small privately owned management companies and larger corporations. I believe they are the best of both worlds. They are also supportive, positive and always end up doing the right thing. I would advise anyone looking to work with Civitas to work hard and try to get the job. The whole company, philosophy, culture is something I have looked for my whole professional career.
Pros
Culture, Programming, Support, Management, Postivitiy
The environment is always happy and fun to work in
Intern (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMay 16, 2017
I was an intern for Civitas for a while. The office was great to work in. The employees are always laughing and a real joy to be around. Everyone works efficiently and really hard. However, they still know how to have a good laugh throughout the busyness of the day. I honestly loved being an intern here and hope to work there again in the future. I was able to work closely with the higher ranking management individuals in the company and they were all very welcoming and treated me like family. An overall great company to work for, work environment filled with hard working people who are very close and appreciate one another.
Pros
Treated like family, felt a real sense of hard earned work
Cons
Long days, strong work ethic required
Terrible culture
N/A (Former Employee) –  TexasApril 30, 2017
This company prides itself on having an amazing culture and yet the leadership team is made up of family members who dictate the type of culture employees should experience. I don't understand how it is not a conflict of interest to have married couples be a part of the corporate leadership team. This company has a lot to learn as far as professionalism, employee retention and overall operations.
Pros
Architecture and design of communities
Cons
Poor leadership, unrealistic expectations and terrible culture
Residents are great to work with, But management does not care about the residents
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  Harlingen, TXFebruary 2, 2016
This company is formerly known as Brookdale, before Cevitas took over in January. I really enjoyed working here, mostly because of the residents. The residents were great!
One shift of employees would not do their jobs like was expected of them. Residents were not being bathed, or taken care of! Residents would call for assistance and their calls would go unanswered. Their rooms for most part were filthy, trash cans were not emptied, laundry was not properly returned to residents. Residents were neglected. Management was notified of what was happening and they did nothing! All they care about is the money they get from the residents for living there! What this new company needs to do is first get rid of all of management, then these young kids (employees) who do not take responsibility of taking care of the residents.
Pros
Making a difference by helping the residents
Cons
Management not caring if the residents are being cared for, employees not answering residents call buttons, not caring at all

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Civitas Senior Healthcare. Our community is ready to answer.