CK Technologies Employee Reviews

Sort: Helpful | Rating | Date
Can be challenging
Back-Up Lead Operator/Utility (Former Employee) –  Montpelier, OH 43543September 5, 2017
Great employees, the lack of advancement for someone with a college degree isn't so well. They pay for some of your schooling if it's a program that will benefit you working for them. Some times it felt like Highschool with all the drama.
Pros
Enployee appreciation weeks
Cons
Advancenent
use to be everyone would go out play sports and plant manager was good when i first started
Shipping and Receiving Clerk (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXAugust 10, 2017
was a dedicated and loyal employee,until bad management showed up an made some mistakes far as finances.then all the employees that had been there longer had to go,i was employed their 5yrs
Pros
it was a wonderful company at one time
fast paced work
TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Brownsville, TXJuly 13, 2017
over all a great learning experience. supervisors are all very eager and willing to work with you and teach you new skills to further help you grow in the company
Great Benefits
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Brownsville, TXMay 29, 2017
Good company with great benefits and vacation days for employees. Medical dental vision and 401k plans are great. Overall good company with good competitive pay.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Work hours
unloading part all day is fun
Paint line Unloader/Fork lift Operator (Current Employee) –  Mount Airy, NCMay 19, 2017
a normal day at ck is working eight hours and working with nice people. we work on truck parts for big trucks. paint skirts and bumpers and then unload them.
Decent pay...but worth the hassle?
Production Operator (Former Employee) –  Montpelier, OHNovember 2, 2016
The work is easy, but the hours seem to vary a lot because of bad planning. Depending on the shift you are on you may deal with a lot of double standards, as well as favoritism towards certain employees. The quality is one of these issues, some shifts run parts one way others run parts another way.

Its a lot like high school.

A lot of drama.

Sometimes they keep people as temp employees for 6-9 months so they don't have to pay them benefits, while they hire some straight through the door.

Lead ops and supervisors constantly break the rules and miss use there power.

operator pay start- 12.45
operator top pay- 14.97
Pros
Insurance, decent pay
Cons
Bad management, bad supervisors, many double standards
A productive entry level job
Assembly Worker (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXOctober 21, 2016
A good productive day at work depends on the customer statifaction of the quality that our company ships to them. If the company's customer is not happy then our company is not happy, which means we will have to do a lot of overtime.
Average manufacturing environment that is constantly changing
Router Operator (Current Employee) –  Mt. Airy, NCOctober 15, 2016
A typical day inlcudes completing whatever tasks may need to be done, no person has any particular position within the general labor pool. I learned about quality inspection and paint methods. The hardest part about the job is not knowing whether there is something to do or not.
ck
Painter (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXAugust 18, 2016
if you like to work overtime this is the job for you, but if you have a family this would not be the job to engage in. This is not a facility that cares about you personal and work life balance
Pros
relocation
Cons
overtime unexpected
Its a good productive place to learn a lot of skills.
Assembly Worker (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJuly 17, 2016
Its a good job to learn different skills and I've learned a lot about assembling parts and picking and pulling parts. My co workers are good people and very understanding when it comes to working together. The hardest part of the job is coming in a different times and having to deal with different things everyday. What I enjoy the most is that it easy to learn and move up to different positions if possible.

Want to know more about CK Technologies?

Ask a question
Excellent Benefits
Materials Manager (Current Employee) –  Brownsville, TXJuly 12, 2016
There is much to learn in the heavy truck molding division. It's challenging, yet rewarding. It's a pleasure working with other managers to accomplish the daily tasks. It is a friendly environment to work in.
Benefits
Cons
Long commute to work.
Great first job
Summer Intern (Former Employee) –  Mount Airy, NCApril 12, 2016
CK Technologies was very welcoming. I was trained in an efficient manner that allowed me to start working and making an impact almost immediately. I enjoyed the working environment. A typical day at work was comprised of working on the floor to meet the needs of international companies that contracted work to the plant. The management was very fair and goal oriented and held everyone accountable. The most enjoyable part of the job was being accountable for work that was used nationally in the shipping industry.
Pros
Accountability, Strong management, Great Co-Workers
Cons
Short breaks
Up and coming facility
Finesse, Assembly, Paint Mixer, Painter (Former Employee) –  FinesseMarch 19, 2016
I enjoyed my time there, were plenty of improvements needed to be made in the facility however, its a young warehouse and is destined to thive.
Management doesn't want to listen to reason to better the company.
Quality Lab Engineer (Current Employee) –  Mount Airy, NCMarch 14, 2016
Don't like it here. Management does what ever they want and people are suppose to to take it. If someone speaks up they get fired.
Pros
People
Cons
Plant Manager
Good Company
Quality Manager (Current Employee) –  Mount Airy, NCDecember 22, 2015
Good Company to work for. Been around 10 years in big truck industry. One plant just starting automotive base business. People are easy to get along with.
Great co-workers and management is always about productivity
Utility (Former Employee) –  Montpelier, OHNovember 2, 2015
When i worked for CK Technologies I found myself able to cooperate easily with other workers and was able to branch off of normal production on a press and start working my way up a career ladder with Forklift experience and some shipping and receiving.
Pros
Clean workplace, great people
Cons
Short handed on orders sometimes, so work might be slow
Fast paced industrial work
Operator (Former Employee) –  Bryan OHApril 5, 2015
I operated presses, helped with assembly, quality inspection, building packaging, and utility/forklift driving. Management was very helpful and willing to work with employees, and my coworkers were always helpful and hard working. I really enjoyed watching the parts go through the entire process and actually see the parts we made on semi trucks on the highway.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Swing shift/long hours
Worse place I ever worked
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Mount Airy NCJanuary 15, 2015
Had 2 married couples managing the place and they did not care about anyone. Mgmt came in late and left early but if you were hourly you had to be on time. HR Manager was dating the Plant Supt. so mgmt was not employee friendly.
Pros
Cons
Low wages and dishonest mgmt
I worked in the Fort Worth company. It was ok until something or someone got rid of me.
Cycle counter (Former Employee) –  TXJanuary 8, 2015
I enjoyed the managment team & all the workers everyone was great. But for some odd reason they let me go. I was the cycle counter for the company.
Pros
good pay & off on weekends
Cons
not enough communication bwt employees and managament.
Great overall company to work for.
Lead Operator (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TX.August 28, 2014
My experience with the Fort Worth plant for CK Technologies was overall an up and down one. I was originally hired to be a painter, however found myself in more of a maintenance role due to the fact I was more mechanically inclined and better at troubleshooting problems quickly. After 7 months I found myself in the lead position for second shift production. My nightly responsibilities were to create the run order and set production goals IAW the customers needs. I was responsible for coordinating with HR about the manpower, as well as training all new production employees. For the first five months the whole shift was excelling with minimal interference from office personel, however A new management team was hired and it created a rather poor working enviorment. The most enjoyable part of the job was helping to build a team that not only met the goals that were set, but exceeded them with a high quality rating. The hardest part of my job was adapting to the new management style and office politics.