CKE Restaurants

CKE Restaurants Employee Reviews

Okay Place to Work For a First Job
Pre-Closer (Current Employee), Washington, ILJune 21, 2015
Pros: Discounts on food
Cons: Minimum wage, no benefits
I took this job simply because I wanted to help build my resume with things like work experience. I also wanted to be able to support personal financial goals. Not because it's what I like to do.

A typical day at work is a four to five hour shift that starts with "prep". You analyze the current inventory of patties, produce, etc, then make enough to get back to proper inventory levels. Work was at night typically starting at 4:00 P.M or 5:00 P.M.

The management was okay. They made sure labor percentage relative to profit was kept at an acceptable level, and would rush people to get their tasks done if it was getting high. The co-workers were mostly hard-working but some expressed clear laziness.

The hardest part of the job was getting out on time. Management would continually add to your responsibilities but not expand your shift to where you would indefinitely be late sometimes. The most enjoyable part was when I was able to help others achieve something they were having trouble with.
Regional management is great
Regional HR Manager (Current Employee), Houston, TXMay 2, 2015
Most enjoyed getting to visit the restaurants in the region and being proactive to manage employee relations issues. Enjoyed the recruiting aspects of my job.
Great Company
Asset Protection Operatior (Former Employee), AnaheimMarch 30, 2015
Pros: On site gym
My experience with CKE was great. I worked in the communication center which is the Loss Prevention center and also served as the onsite security for the building. I'm okay with working in a 24 hour facility so that wasn't a problem. The most enjoyable part of the job was working closely with management and the director.
Bad place to work
Payroll Banking Specialist (Former Employee), CarpinteriaNovember 3, 2014
Pros: average
Cons: average
Company moved from Carpinteria to Anaheim. Because the lease was up. 19 people out of work.
Good job with a GREAT view!
Payroll Clerk (Current Employee), Carpinteria, CAJuly 31, 2014
Working at CKE Restaurants has been a wonderful learning experience. It has taught me countless Payroll skills and will continue to be used.
horrible place to work for
GM (Former Employee), Riverside CaliforniaJuly 26, 2014
Pros: flexible schedules, depend who you work for
Cons: extremely stressful, no life
After being a Manager for over 19 years company have changed a lot , demanding to much time and to much effort for the minimum wage, company is not realistic on what they ask for , they expect 100 % compliance on QSC but labor matrix es ridiculous . Your job is always on the limbo if anything happens on your day off you will get fired just like that. RVPs have to many preferences if they like you will advance even if you are not the best GM someone can get fired for stealing and faking numbers but if the RVPS like you they will hired them back.
good place to gain work experience
Payroll (Former Employee), Carpinteria,CAMarch 17, 2014
Work is busy, lots of interaction with employees
People Soft Payroll
Reconciliation
Product place of work
Technical Support Project Lead (Current Employee), Anaheim, CAFebruary 4, 2014
Pros: all the free coffee, soda and popcorn
Cons: cons
Typical day is trouble ticket
Deploying desktop & laptops
Managing MDT 2012 Servers
Fast pace
Working with employee's
Helps You Gain Skills For Other Jobs
Crew Trainer (Former Employee), Sacramento, CADecember 17, 2013
Pros: 50% off lunches and 30 minutes before or 30 minutes after your shift
Cons: short breaks, alot of effort for minimum wage, extremely demanding on feet all day, constantly moving
Helped me multitask
Helped me to take customers seriously
Helped me to understand work place environments
Very demanding job, very fast paced
Perfect for first time job seekers
Warning this job requires a lot of focus and determination
Great way to build up your job experience
General Manager (Former Employee), Salem, NCSeptember 15, 2013
Pros: decent pay and bonuses
Cons: no break
A typical day at work was being very productive and ensuring best customer service to each guest. Staying positive and let your smile be seen and heard through the phone. I was the General Manager so it was very important that I was a role model for my staff to get desired results as established and implemented by the company.

The hardest part was when we have price changes the customers doesn't like that at all..however I could convince them that our products was worth the increase.

I learned a lot of techinical skills as well as customer service (the big piece if the whole pie). I learned things about human resources and labor law and following guidelines.

My most enjoyable part of the day was ensuring the best customer service as possible and making MY customer happy !!!!!
Productive, challenging, fun
Forklift Operator (Former Employee), Ontario, CAAugust 20, 2013
*My skills grew as i worked there.
*It was a very good work place to meet others.
*The most challenging part of the job was learning how to drive the forklift inside the freezer(10 degrees below 0).
Fast pace, friendly customers
Carl's Jr (Former Employee), Kerman, CAJune 11, 2013
Busy work schedule. I've learned how to handle customers in different situations. I've grown to be a great manager with a lot of new experiences.
Productive and fast paced
Cashier (Current Employee), Ogden, UTMay 10, 2013
Pros: incentives for being an outstanding employee
Cons: insurance and benefits
A typical work day at CKE restaurants is fast paced with a great amount of customer interaction. Constantly multitasking and working closely with management. Management at my store is outstanding and the co-workers are great! The hardest part of this job is keeping up with expected customer service times. I enjoy interacting with guests and working with an excellent crew.
My work has a GYM
Communications Operator (Current Employee), Anaheim, CAApril 22, 2013
Pros: 15 min breaks
Cons: healthcare is expensive
I like working with PD to help provide video footage for further investagation to catch thiefs.
Fun hard work
Shift Manager (Former Employee), Aiea, HIApril 1, 2013
Pros: free lunch, understanding supervisor, friendly customers
Cons: dead times (no customers)
Everyday was a new challenge despite it starting in a fast food restaurant. Though the mornings when I had to open started the same way, there was always the seniors that would stop by and make the morning a little bit brighter. Lunch time was usually a busy time but everything was taken care of in a quick, timely manner - by around 1-2PM it died down to one or two customers here and there. Which in return gave us ample time to clean up and restock from the rush. Being a part of management, the rest of the managers there were decent to work with. A couple of them had problems here and there but we all still got along pretty well. The crew members were always a source of (somewhat) entertainment and always willing to learn something new. I learned a lot of things that pertained to prep work for food, better time management, stock management, and more efficient cash handling. I also learned how to properly train new workers and hire. The hardest part of the job was towards the end before the store closed. We had a lot of problems with running out of stock and customers not appreciating it. Many understood, but many others did not. The most enjoyable parts of my job was working with the many different customers and the regulars, and learning all of the things that I did. Also, having a very understanding supervisor/owner was very nice too. If I had the chance to, I would work for her again.
Customers are number one priority here at CKE
Gloria Jean's Barista (Current Employee), Genoa, OHMarch 17, 2013
Pros: 50% off food during your shift, work well around life, school schedule
Cons: no raises after years of being there, no help if you need it.
Working for CKE Restaurants is a busy job day to day, Being on the Ohio turnpike, you must be able to handle stress in a timely manner, as you are busy almost all the time. Summer is especially crazy as folks are taking summer vacations, however must customers are friendly. You must also be able to do numerous tasks at one time, as help may not always be there.
Political work environment
Data Analyst (Former Employee), Anaheim, CAJanuary 8, 2013
Environment is full of micro-managers, managers that do not care, or managers that do not care enough.
good employer
Lease Accounting - Supervisor (Former Employee), Anaheim, CAApril 22, 2012
A quality company with a good work environment and quality coworkers. Management was okay, coworkers were good.