Clackamas Community College Employee Reviews in United States

Good place to work.
Computer Lab Tutor (Former Employee) –  Oregon City, ORJanuary 14, 2016
General computer support for Career Guidance Program. Advised adults re-entering college to identify interests, abilities, values and transferable skills in order to set goals and make career decisions. Worked one-on-one and in group setting.
Pros
Fun to help people in transition phase of their lives.
Cons
Had to be a student to do it.
good
Farm Foreman (Former Employee) –  beaver creekDecember 15, 2015
good school. great teachers and staff always helpful. not long drive from home. good hours, school transfers to any state college, lots of resources available.
Pros
learned a lot
Cons
could have been cheaper
Very diverse, challenging position
Student Accounts Support/Fixed Asset Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Oregon City, ORAugust 24, 2015
My position involves working with staff of all levels across campus. It is challenging in the sense that I am always learning something new about different software, programs, processes. I love the challenge and the diverse nature of this position.

Currently I am the lead in implementing a new cashiering software for the college. This was necessary to fulfill PCI compliance requirements. I had to learn more about PCI compliance, the software, the processes and procedures of not only the cashiers but also staff involved with reconciling and depositing cash. A lot of this I already knew but the great thing about this position is there is always something new to learn. I love it!

Making processes and procedures leaner is always a win/win for administration and staff. A lot of this position involves doing just that. I also enjoy the troubleshooting aspect of this position. Helping others solve frustrating issues is so gratifying.

I really hope I can continue with this type of work or something similar to it.
Fun place to work while taking classes
Tech assistant for performances (Former Employee) –  Oregon City, ORNovember 13, 2015
if you like theater, working with your hands, and learning how to run a show from the ground up, you'll like working here.
One of the best things I could have done with my life
ITS Technician (Current Employee) –  Oregon City, ORApril 27, 2015
As an ITS Technician, a typical day at work consists of helping anyone in need of assistance with a computer, printer, phone, etc...

I've learned a lot of skills beyond the screen in front of me. There is a complete backbone to every electronic component in the education infrastructure.

I've had to learn Cisco systems, Active Directory, Exchange, and many more unique programs to an educational environment.

My co-workers are always up to speed on things and have no problem helping me with anything I may not be as familiar with.

The hardest part of the job is always wanting to be able to fix everything. It's always hard to tell someone you're not quite sure and need to research and get back to them. It's not what I like to do, but sometimes had to be done.

The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to help people. They make it sound like you saved their whole day. It really helps keep your mood positive.
Working with the IT Dept
ITS Technician (Former Employee) –  Oregon City, ORAugust 5, 2015
Working in the IT dept, was nice for me. I would have preferred it to become a full time position, but they really next to never hire within from their own part time people. Everyday was different and that I enjoyed the most. Three different campuses to work on as a tech too.
CWE Career work Experience (Former Employee) –  Oregon City, ORJune 24, 2015
Helping clients and the network structure of the college, assisting clients when computer issues arise desktop help support to resolve computer issues over the phone and setting up service calls to resolve issues with a very knowledgeable staff.
Pros
The best learning experience offered
Cons
I would have liked to have stayed longer was just an intern.
Creative environment with no job security
Jewelry and Metals Adjunct Faculty (Current Employee) –  Oregon City, ORNovember 12, 2014
I love teaching and getting to know a new group of students each term in addition to the continuing students with whom I've established a deeper connection. My fellow teachers are supportive, stimulating and great to be around.
The hardest part of my job is the utter lack of job security and feeling like an expendable entity. I never know until the first day of the term how many classes I'll be teaching and what I'll be living on in any given month. This necessitates having two or three other jobs at any given time.
The most enjoyable part of the job is watching a beginner with no prior experience create something truly imaginative and well-crafted, and feeling that I helped them to achieve that.
Pros
i can do what i am most skilled at doing, i get to know other great people who i work with and develop my skills as an artist
Cons
no job security, not enough hours
Workforce Specialist
WIA Immigrants Recruitment (Former Employee) –  Portland, OROctober 8, 2012
Main task to recruit non native English speakers to ESL WIA (Workforce Investment Act) program. Created flyers for marketing and promotion of special programs at Clackamas Community Collge. Established and maintained cooperative working relationship with various state agencies, including Immigrant and Refuge Community Organize who referred clients to WIA program. Translated WIA (Workforce Investment Act) documents into Russian
Girl Friday for busy office
Marketing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Oregon City, ORJune 25, 2013
This is an office with a positive vibe and surprisingly very little office politics. Since I am changing careers, I usually have a lot of questions, even though I am a quick learner. The workers there take the time to explain things to me.
Pros
good office morale
Cons
i'm part time, temp
Clackamas Community College
Information Technology Technician (Former Employee) –  Oregon CityMarch 6, 2012
Although I truly enjoyed the team I worked with and the clients; staff and students, the opportunity was zero. They gave me a good base to get started on for my career but offer no opportunity. They are limited on funding and hire mostly part-time.
Pros
pleasant work environment
Cons
no opportunity
Great learning experience.
Network / PC Technician (Former Employee) –  Oregon City, ORAugust 16, 2013
I worked with Cisco phone systems, printer installation, active directory, technical support, and server management. I really enjoyed working with my coworkers and found their experience and knowledge very important. I learned very much from my coworkers.
Pros
worked around my school schedule
Cons
no full time positions available
Good PT work study job while attending college.
Material Handler/Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Portland, OROctober 21, 2013
1) Material handling & various metal cutting operations.
2) Learned to operate & maintain various equipment & use of computer skills.
3) Learned time & job management.
4) Enjoyed working with co-workers & fellow students.
5) Hardest= moving heavy loads in & out of band saw.
6) Enjoyable= experience gained.
Awesome place to work and do homework
Work Study (Current Employee) –  Oregon City, ORApril 24, 2014
I learned from the best when working for the school. The instructors were amazing and is pretty friendly. I loved this job and wished that it was a full-time and not just work-study.
My typical day is just help students with anything that they needed help with and they really don;t need help for the most part. So most of the time, I just stay in the office do a little errand and be done.
Pros
people are awesome to work with, lots of time to do homework, easy work
Cons
none.
Fun place to work.
Teacher Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oregon City, ORSeptember 22, 2013
Typical day at work is correcting student assignments, assisting Spanish speaking students with questions about assignments, or computers. Teacher was very nice and patient with students. Hardest part of this job was the commute. I enjoyed the paperwork part of this job and being able to help the teacher with preparing for classes.
Pros
fun and enjoyable
Cons
the class is only twice a week and in the evening
Adult Basic Education Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oregon City, ORJuly 11, 2013
Overall excellent place to work. My average day included completing tasks assigned to me by supervisor. Answered questions from staff, students, parents, and guests about the programs offered at Clackamas Community College as well as the Portland, Oregon metro area.
This is actually a College not a place of employment
Student (Current Employee) –  Oregon CityJuly 27, 2013
The Instructors are very knowledgeable and helpful. I already was very knowledgeable about computers and networking before beginning my course of study but have learned much here.
This was a cooperative work experience which was part of the program to graduate.
Web Design Intern (Former Employee) –  Oregon City, ORJuly 30, 2012
I wish the period of internship could have lasted longer, but I did learn a lot.
Pros
this was part of school
Working in the Art Dept at Clackamas College
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oregon City, ORDecember 17, 2012
I gain a lot of experiences and gain a lot of trust with my co-workers.
I always like to enjoy my job and help out people.
Cons
n/a
Fun workplace with wonderful people
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oregon City, ORMarch 26, 2012
Everyone is friendly and very helpful. I learned how to use new several programs that were new to me.

4.5