Clackamas Community College Employee Reviews

Relaxed environment
Tutor - Full-Time Student (Former Employee) –  Oregon City, ORApril 12, 2017
The staff is great, and the customers are friendly. Very low stress job. It is a relaxed atmosphere, and semi quit to do your job efficiently. I would recommend it to anyone.
Pros
Good work environment.
Cons
Need improvement on pay and benefits.
Nice campus and staff
Custodian (Current Employee) –  Oregon City, ORFebruary 12, 2017
I would come to work and not always do the same thing, some employees have the same job assignments but the manager does a great job of working with you to accomplish different tasks and he really cares how well you are doing at your jonb.
Pros
Awesome campus
Cons
Repetitive work assignments
wonderful place to work
Veterans Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Oregon City, ORAugust 30, 2016
I enjoyed helping the Veteran students at Clackamas Community College where I worked under the work/study program. If I ever needed clarification or help solving issues that a student had, help was an arms length away. The environment was a wonderful learning and teaching environment. My coworkers were enjoyable and agreeable and the management was helpful in every aspect.
Pros
flexible schedule, respectable work environment, well versed management
Cwe
GIS Internship (Former Employee) –  Clackamas Community College, Oregon City, ORFebruary 18, 2016
• My goal is to assist in your Companies Projects utilizing my GIS skills that I have developed using my GIS Certificated Skills along with my Internship Experiences to design, update and produce the most professional grade maps and analytical documents using ESRI, ARCGIS, ARCPAD 10.0, and GPS Remote Sensing software, my computer skills also including Microsoft office 20110, Microsoft Projects, Advanced Visual Basic Programming for GIS Model building / developing & Application testing.
Pros
good work
Cons
Long days
Good place to work.
Computer Lab Tutor (Former Employee) –  Oregon City, ORJanuary 14, 2016
General computer support for Career Guidance Program. Advised adults re-entering college to identify interests, abilities, values and transferable skills in order to set goals and make career decisions. Worked one-on-one and in group setting.
Pros
Fun to help people in transition phase of their lives.
Cons
Had to be a student to do it.
good
Farm Foreman (Former Employee) –  beaver creekDecember 15, 2015
good school. great teachers and staff always helpful. not long drive from home. good hours, school transfers to any state college, lots of resources available.
Pros
learned a lot
Cons
could have been cheaper
Fun place to work while taking classes
Tech assistant for performances (Former Employee) –  Oregon City, ORNovember 13, 2015
if you like theater, working with your hands, and learning how to run a show from the ground up, you'll like working here.
Very diverse, challenging position
Student Accounts Support/Fixed Asset Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Oregon City, ORAugust 24, 2015
My position involves working with staff of all levels across campus. It is challenging in the sense that I am always learning something new about different software, programs, processes. I love the challenge and the diverse nature of this position.

Currently I am the lead in implementing a new cashiering software for the college. This was necessary to fulfill PCI compliance requirements. I had to learn more about PCI compliance, the software, the processes and procedures of not only the cashiers but also staff involved with reconciling and depositing cash. A lot of this I already knew but the great thing about this position is there is always something new to learn. I love it!

Making processes and procedures leaner is always a win/win for administration and staff. A lot of this position involves doing just that. I also enjoy the troubleshooting aspect of this position. Helping others solve frustrating issues is so gratifying.

I really hope I can continue with this type of work or something similar to it.
Working with the IT Dept
ITS Technician (Former Employee) –  Oregon City, ORAugust 5, 2015
Working in the IT dept, was nice for me. I would have preferred it to become a full time position, but they really next to never hire within from their own part time people. Everyday was different and that I enjoyed the most. Three different campuses to work on as a tech too.
CWE Career work Experience (Former Employee) –  Oregon City, ORJune 24, 2015
Helping clients and the network structure of the college, assisting clients when computer issues arise desktop help support to resolve computer issues over the phone and setting up service calls to resolve issues with a very knowledgeable staff.
Pros
The best learning experience offered
Cons
I would have liked to have stayed longer was just an intern.
One of the best things I could have done with my life
ITS Technician (Current Employee) –  Oregon City, ORApril 27, 2015
As an ITS Technician, a typical day at work consists of helping anyone in need of assistance with a computer, printer, phone, etc...

I've learned a lot of skills beyond the screen in front of me. There is a complete backbone to every electronic component in the education infrastructure.

I've had to learn Cisco systems, Active Directory, Exchange, and many more unique programs to an educational environment.

My co-workers are always up to speed on things and have no problem helping me with anything I may not be as familiar with.

The hardest part of the job is always wanting to be able to fix everything. It's always hard to tell someone you're not quite sure and need to research and get back to them. It's not what I like to do, but sometimes had to be done.

The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to help people. They make it sound like you saved their whole day. It really helps keep your mood positive.
Creative environment with no job security
Jewelry and Metals Adjunct Faculty (Current Employee) –  Oregon City, ORNovember 12, 2014
I love teaching and getting to know a new group of students each term in addition to the continuing students with whom I've established a deeper connection. My fellow teachers are supportive, stimulating and great to be around.
The hardest part of my job is the utter lack of job security and feeling like an expendable entity. I never know until the first day of the term how many classes I'll be teaching and what I'll be living on in any given month. This necessitates having two or three other jobs at any given time.
The most enjoyable part of the job is watching a beginner with no prior experience create something truly imaginative and well-crafted, and feeling that I helped them to achieve that.
Pros
I can do what I am most skilled at doing, I get to know other great people who I work with and develop my skills as an artist
Cons
no job security, not enough hours
Awesome place to work and do homework
Work Study (Current Employee) –  Oregon City, ORApril 24, 2014
I learned from the best when working for the school. The instructors were amazing and is pretty friendly. I loved this job and wished that it was a full-time and not just work-study.
My typical day is just help students with anything that they needed help with and they really don;t need help for the most part. So most of the time, I just stay in the office do a little errand and be done.
Pros
People are awesome to work with, lots of time to do homework, easy work
Cons
none.
Good PT work study job while attending college.
Material Handler/Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Portland, OROctober 21, 2013
1) Material handling & various metal cutting operations.
2) Learned to operate & maintain various equipment & use of computer skills.
3) Learned time & job management.
4) Enjoyed working with co-workers & fellow students.
5) Hardest= moving heavy loads in & out of band saw.
6) Enjoyable= experience gained.
Fun place to work.
Teacher Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oregon City, ORSeptember 22, 2013
Typical day at work is correcting student assignments, assisting Spanish speaking students with questions about assignments, or computers. Teacher was very nice and patient with students. Hardest part of this job was the commute. I enjoyed the paperwork part of this job and being able to help the teacher with preparing for classes.
Pros
Fun and enjoyable
Cons
The class is only twice a week and in the evening
Great learning experience.
Network / PC Technician (Former Employee) –  Oregon City, ORAugust 16, 2013
I worked with Cisco phone systems, printer installation, active directory, technical support, and server management. I really enjoyed working with my coworkers and found their experience and knowledge very important. I learned very much from my coworkers.
Pros
Worked around my school schedule
Cons
No full time positions available
This is actually a College not a place of employment
Student (Current Employee) –  Oregon CityJuly 27, 2013
The Instructors are very knowledgeable and helpful. I already was very knowledgeable about computers and networking before beginning my course of study but have learned much here.
Adult Basic Education Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oregon City, ORJuly 11, 2013
Overall excellent place to work. My average day included completing tasks assigned to me by supervisor. Answered questions from staff, students, parents, and guests about the programs offered at Clackamas Community College as well as the Portland, Oregon metro area.
Girl Friday for busy office
Marketing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Oregon City, ORJune 25, 2013
This is an office with a positive vibe and surprisingly very little office politics. Since I am changing careers, I usually have a lot of questions, even though I am a quick learner. The workers there take the time to explain things to me.
Pros
Good office morale
Cons
I'm part time, temp
Working in the Art Dept at Clackamas College
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oregon City, ORDecember 17, 2012
I gain a lot of experiences and gain a lot of trust with my co-workers.
I always like to enjoy my job and help out people.
Cons
n/a

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Clackamas Community College. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4