CLADDAGH COMMISSION Employee Reviews in United States

safe, heavy work load for the pay though
Residential Habitational Specialist (Former Employee) –  Derby, NYJuly 31, 2015
Family like setting. Nice clean environment, great CTO benefit.
Slow pay increases. I loved the residents and other staff. If I weren't tired of the weather I would stay.
Pros
clean work, family like treatment.
Cons
slow rate of pay increase, heavy work load
First long term job
Residential Housing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Derby, NYMarch 16, 2015
Loved what I did for the company. Wish it could have lasted, the people became my family. Will always remember the people I worked with.
A typical day at the office...
Receptionist/Secretary (Current Employee) –  Derby, NYFebruary 8, 2015
The most enjoyable part of the job is the interaction with fellow staff as well as the individuals that are being served through Claddagh. I have learned various office skills.

A typical day is answering the phone and redirecting the calls within the office. I make copies and fax info outside of the office.

I sort all incoming mail, distribute it within the office as well as sorting mail for our other location. I run the postage machine for outgoing mail preparing mail for the Post Office.
Pros
great work enviroment, great hours, wonderful co-workers.
Cons
healthcare
Typical Day
Habilitation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Derby, NYJanuary 23, 2014
At Claddagh Commission, your routine can change from day to day. Staff members work with individuals to create goals for their independence. Staff members will transport and provide assistance to individuals who need help. We counsel, teach, and practice positivity in set goals. Communication is a huge thing within the agency. Staff members do communicate with other about issues that happened through out the day. Management there is used as a support group for both individuals and for staff members. The hardest part of the job was not being trained properly. However the benefit of getting to know the residents was very rewarding.
Pros
getting to know others, being treated as family, healthcare beneifts
Cons
inconsistant policies
Probably the worst human service agency I've ever worked for
Residential Habilitation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Derby, NYJune 17, 2013
A typical day consisted of meal prep, toileting/ changing diapers and assisting clients with hygiene assistance, passing meds, cleaning up the residences
What I learned is that working for a "Compass Agency" means that the agency does all investigations internally and frequently sweeps things under the carpet. Ex. include but are not limited to clients attacking staff causing hospitalization for staff, clients throwing rocks at staff cars and being paid off... the list goes on
Management- for the most part was there minimally b/c the were salaried so if you needed anything your on your own to find the answers... Especially if your relief staff!!!
Co-workers- for the most part they were townies from the Derby area and were just there to collect a paycheck and nothing more. I met very few actual genuine people.
The hardest part of the job was never know what to expect in terms of day to day b/c staff frequently called off leaving houses minimally staff and often understaffed according to clients staffing ratios
The most enjoyable part of the job was knowing I was assisting people with disabilities to the best of my ability.

Overall this agency is a nightmare to work for.. I eventually quit after 8months b/c I couldn't stand working inconsistent hours for low pay with no benefits!!!
Cons
bad management, low pay, inconsistent hours
Group Home
Residential Housing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Derby, NYJanuary 10, 2013
I gave five years to the company and they began to change. I loved helping the people, but the company was changing, ethically I couldnt do what they asked me to do. The hardest part of my day was having to say no. My team members made the day.
Pros
helping people is great
Cons
it is all about clicks
Family Orienated
Residential Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Derby, NYJanuary 6, 2013
good work expierience
positive teamwork
nice incentives
The hardest part of the jon was getting mandated after a double shift.
The best part was the possibilty of fast advancement
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
high staffing turn over
Great job for open minded people looking to work in a very team oriented atmosphere
Day Habilitation Specialist (Current Employee) –  Derby, NYMay 16, 2012
Everyone at this job is very team oriented always helping each other. I work in the day habilitation setting where I assist individual with mental disabilities in performing goals they wish to achieve and to be more involved with their community. This job fulfills my desires of helping people and teaching others that patients is always a critical part of life. The hardest part of this job is training others to be empathetic of others and the situations in which others live.
Pros
great health benefits!
Cons
breaks are hard to take due to under staffing