Claflin University Employee Reviews

Claflin University
Office Manager/Transcript Evaluator (Current Employee) –  Orangeburg, SCSeptember 5, 2017
My career here at Claflin University is great. I've learned a lot working with hardworking coworkers and students. Looking to see more improvement on this historical campus!
Great Workplace
Human Resource Clerk (Former Employee) –  Orangeburg, SCAugust 30, 2017
Claflin University was a contract job I worked during work-study. I learned a lot in the workplace. Basically how the office operates and trained in different roles to gain experience. Management was somewhat a little intense coming in exploring in the beginning but it was manageable. Overall the hardest part of the job was learning payroll. the most enjoyable part of this job was training in different roles.
Pros
Clafin Univeristy
Cons
short contract
Detrimental to Your View of Workinig in Higher Education
Residential Services Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Orangeburg, SCAugust 17, 2017
This organization has a long, deep rooted culture in harassment-bullying towards African American women. And it is sad it starts with the top leader. They cheat students out of a holistic experience with flat, non-inviting, and developmental on campus experiences. Students are paying close To $30,000 a year for tuition and are being robbed blind.
Pros
Students
Cons
President, Vice President, Liars, Liars, Liars
human resources allows to many frivolous harassment complaints to be filed by employees
Executive Director (Former Employee) –  Orangeburg, SCJuly 29, 2017
Culture is toxic mainly due to HR open door policy to allow any and all employees to file complaints against supervisors and others without cause or sufficient evidence.
Pros
pay
Cons
workplace culture is bad
enjoyable
Data Analyst (Current Employee) –  Orangeburg, SCJuly 26, 2017
good place to work.
good experience and very flexible schedule . supervisors are very helpful and cooperative.
benefits are not good.
workplace culture is very diversified.
Worker (Current Employee) –  Orangeburg, SCJuly 14, 2017
Claflin is a great place to work. It really give you the opportunity to directly affect the lives of student in a positive way. I would recommend it as an employer to anyone.
Hardworker and Willing Learner
Lab Assistant/Teacher Assistant (Former Employee) –  Orangeburg, SCJune 8, 2017
Claflin University gave me a chance to explore the different possibilities within Campus. Working with people with different background also gaves chance to connect and experience the lifestyle of other student.
Great Opportunity
Tutor/Counselor (Former Employee) –  Orangeburg, SCMay 31, 2017
Enjoyed attending school here as a recipient of an academic scholarship. While attending I had the opportunity to work with younger students to mentor and tutor them to stay on track academically.
Great
Student Residential Manager (Former Employee) –  Orangeburg, SCMay 30, 2017
I worked here as a student. It was a beautiful experience. What I did not make in the form of pay i received in valuable life lessons. The residential life team was integral to my maturation as a professional
Its a college
Information Technology Technician (Former Employee) –  Orangeburg, SCMay 26, 2017
You will learn what everything that is needed from wiring servers to helping on campus staff with everyday computer related problems. The management for the IT team is very insightful and has years of experience.

Want to know more about Claflin University?

Ask a question
Great place to attend for school
Internship (Former Employee) –  Orangeburg, SCMay 22, 2017
This was university I attended where I was able to obtain 3 internships. Overall it is a great school to attend and it also a place to work at for faculty.
Claflin University
Student Worker (Former Employee) –  Orangeburg, SCApril 28, 2017
Great environment to learn and meet new people ! I have learned everything that I needed to know to improve the workplace. The culture here is very diverse.
Amazing Learning Environment
LABORATORY ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Orangeburg, SCApril 23, 2017
Claflin University was a wonderful place to work bc it provided me with the proper training on how to perform in a lab. It also assisted me in growing as a person.
Great
Tutor Counselor, Upward Bound (Former Employee) –  Orangeburg, SCFebruary 22, 2017
Why do I have to write a review. I truly love working for this company and I would not rate them any less than 5 stars. I love this company. It has been such a pleasure.
Chief of Security needs an upgrade
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Orangeburg, SCJanuary 9, 2017
I work in security and the man-power is sick. The chief wants to be able to manage from the house. He is never seen on campus in the evening hours and during the day he is so involve in his personal life until it sick!
Pros
Cons
Health insurance is so high.
Good
Student Support Services (Former Employee) –  Orangeburg, SCDecember 23, 2016
Great place to work at. I already wrote about it in previous review. Good campus. Great learning environment. A lot of support from the staff and students alike.
Good school to pursue a degree
Office Manager - Office of the Provost (Current Employee) –  Orangeburg, SCDecember 1, 2016
Claflin university offers good programs of study for undergraduate, graduate students and adult learners. Claflin has a diverse faculty that speaks multiple languages.
Very Productive
RESIDNTIAL ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Orangeburg, SCNovember 11, 2016
The job is amazing you get to work with some of the most amazing people. You get to focus on your leadership skills. The hours are very flexible.
Pros
Friendly environment
Loved it!
MISS CLAFLIN UNIVERSITY (Former Employee) –  Orangeburg, SCSeptember 4, 2016
Good staff, great work environment. Sometimes, the job can be a bit demanding because, of the type of tasks that need to be completed but, otherwise very good place to work!
A typical day at work
Student Assistant, Office of Admissions (Former Employee) –  Orangeburg, SCAugust 30, 2016
I often worked during my lunch breaks just to fit all my hours in that day. I had classes before lunch and after i got off so that became very stressful.
Pros
I met some really awesome co-workers
Cons
Did not eat like I was suppose to