Claim Jumper Employee Reviews in United States

Fun place to work
Hostess/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZMay 12, 2016
Fun place to work but because of the turnover rate not many options to advance in career. Coworkers were either awesome or extremely hateful due to personal prejudices.
horrible management
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Burbank, CAApril 24, 2016
they hire more people than they need and only give 10 hours a week when your new. in order to get more hours you have to know the entire menu and kiss butt. they are unorganized when coming to asking for days off and still schedules you those days.
Pros
50% off food
Cons
get 10 dollars taken from every pay check to get the 50% off.
it s a hard job but I done and liked
kitchen dish (Former Employee) –  Laughlin, NVFebruary 18, 2016
start my day make sure the washer dishes machine is clean all the supplies and soap liquids working get done all the kind of dishes clean ready to use it for the cooks,food preper. and waiters serving the tables.I learned how make the job easy and enjoyable keeping busy all the time
Pros
all kind the drinks
Cons
two breaks full time one break part time
Professional workplace with friendly staff
Host (Former Employee) –  Hoffman Est, ILJanuary 18, 2016
My typical day at work would consist of working at the front desk and guiding customers to their tables. In my free time, I would do cleaning around the restaurant in areas such as the entrance and restrooms. I also assisted wherever I could with tasks such as rolling silverware and clearing tables. I learned a great deal about the food industry from my coworkers and how to treat customers with respect. The managers at Claim Jumper were always very kind to me and respectful of the time and work that I put into the job. My coworkers were also kind and would be friendly with me whenever I interacted with them. The most difficult part of my job was when we would have high amounts of customers on holidays and special occasions, which resulted in long hours where I didn't have a moment to stop. The most enjoyable part was my interaction with not only the customers but my fellow coworkers and managers.
Busy place to work, good customers.
Food Server (Former Employee) –  Concord, CADecember 13, 2015
They have a no tattoo policy. I had multiple tattoos. I had to wear long sleeves, unable to roll them up and the place was incredibly hot! They constantly had a "Broken" air conditioner. Guests would be wiping sweat from there faces! Gross.
Pros
Made great money. Managers were great. Fun place.
Chore of a job
Server (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMNovember 8, 2015
Poor organizational behavior, zero benefits, micromanagement, low interpersonal justice, low distributive justice, lack of transparency, the worst job ever.
Pros
Cons
condecending managers, low pay, lack of business, lack of competitive advantage, micromanagement
Productive an fun working environment.
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CASeptember 14, 2015
A typical day at Claim Jumper is filled with lots of excitement. It is constantly changing, and always fun. The building is filled with tons of hard working self motivated employees that care about their job and go above and beyond everyday to ensure that their guests leave happy and thinking about the next time the will return.
Productive and fun workplace
Bartender/Server (Current Employee) –  Rancho Cucamonga, CAJune 22, 2015
Great place to learn while making money. Management does not hover over your shoulder to make sure your working. Hours are great.
Hostess with the Mostest
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Carlsbad, CAJune 19, 2015
Claim Jumper was a great place to work. The managers made sure to make the employees feel appreciated and each employee made sure to make the guests feel welcome. The best part of the job was interacting with guests and ensuring their experience was the best it could possibly be. I learned time management and loved that the ability to step outside my job description to help other employees was appreciated.
Pros
Discounted meals
Not the best work experience
FOH Host (Former Employee) –  Buena Park, CAMay 25, 2015
I was "part time" but barely worked even 10 hours a week. I was there for 8 months and did not get moved up, but the new girl that was hired two weeks before I quit got promoted right after I quit. Very high school like environment. Management was not good at all.
Fast pace
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAMay 25, 2015
Depending on the hours your work it can be very fast pace or slow. You must be able to respond quick to situations such a large parties that bring in more guests then planned.
productive and fun
host / busser (Former Employee) –  Buena Park, CANovember 17, 2014
reasonable expectations and very polite and professional staff, the management is a bit disconnected for the entry level employees and doesn't seem to care much for them. the hours are good for the most part , and the work is not intense most of the time.over all this is a good place to work but i wouldn't recommend making it your career.
non productive , very little to do with little time
Host/Greeter (Current Employee) –  Corona, CAOctober 10, 2014
typical day starts off at the front of the computer, guests come in say how many i put them in the system and wait for an available table. management could be better in terms of favoritism , co-workers are competitive and so am i but they have an edge due to seniority ,hardest part of my job would be if i did something wrong id be told by my managers problem is i have 3 managers and so they tell me over and over again. nothing more enjoyable of my job i was happy when i first started but doing same thing for 10 months gets to me.
Pros
non
Cons
hours
Enjoyable place to work
Server/ Waitress (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AzSeptember 1, 2014
The most enjoyable part of this job was the upbeat and positive atmosphere
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
no benefits
nice place
Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 13, 2014
good food and lot of nice employees, Working this company for a year was a good experience I learn to cook and bake, it was fun.
Claim Jumper
Server (Former Employee) –  Temecula, CAJanuary 7, 2014
Claim Jumper was a great company to work for. I was hired on as a hostess, and shortly after was promoted to Lead Host. From there I was promoted again to runner, then server. In between I was also given the opportunity to do some part time bookkeeping. I learned a lot about the restaurant industry during my time with Claim Jumper, and I thank them for every opportunity they gave me to grow with the company. They have an amazing staff and management.
Pros
room for advancement, 50% employee discount off of food
Great food and great service very busy beautiful environment
Bartender/Lead Server/ Book Keeper (Former Employee) –  Tempe, ArizonaOctober 24, 2013
excellent atmosphere consistent food quality and very steady business
Good atmosphere sometimes
Hostess/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Thousand Oaks, CAOctober 16, 2013
Some days work would be a breeze and others it would not. One main issue with the job was the inconsistency of the managers. Since it is a restaurant there were multiple managers. Each manager had his or her own way of doing things. It is also very difficult to move up in this restaurant.
Cons
had to pay for a discount on the food
Fun and fast paced always moving. Great work atmosphere.
Pantry Cook (Former Employee) –  Roseville, CAOctober 4, 2013
I found that when I was working there it was very much like a family atmosphere. I was dealing with the death of my father and had taken some time off and returned to work and I felt like I was truly missed. I feel as though the company does care about its employees and their families as well. The work atmosphere was always full of positive energy. I even showed up early on several occasions just for no reason.
Pros
loved my job it was fun and i got to work in more than one area. so i learned more.
Cons
i really cant say anything on this except i wanted more hours and could not get them that's all.
This upbeat restaurant has a great ambiance in its space. The co-workers and customers love to return.
Host, Cashier (Former Employee) –  Northridge, CAJune 7, 2013
This job requires you to be on your feet more than half the time of your shift. You are needed to work and not stand around as most other jobs you may feel you can get away with. Your management as well as co-workers will be sure to keep your toes as the traffic with customers storming in and out of the restaurant can be overwhelming. My most enjoyable part of the job would be to try all the new foods, even though its not the best for you.
Pros
lunches are somewhat free
Cons
short breaks, too many managers

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Claim Jumper. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8