Claim Jumper Employee Reviews

Buen ambiente de trabajo.
Busser/Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAMay 4, 2017
CapacitaciĆ³n y entrenamiento completo maquinaria y erramientas de trabajo eficientes .
Pros
No seguro medico
Cons
Requiere horario flexible
Review
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMarch 24, 2017
Working with this company has opened up my confidence as being a host to interact with new people everyday and to enjoy the feeling of making the customers happy during their stay
You need experience to work here
HOST (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 17, 2017
The food is GREAT 10/10, scheduling well not so much. Along with their communication and organization skills are almost 0- none. Not very good at accommodations if you have SERIOUS complications.
You need Major experience to work here.
WOW!! What a joke.
Server/Cocktail Server (Former Employee) –  Buena Park, CAMarch 13, 2017
Really not too sure where to start. . I've never worked for a company that had this limited communication. They may tell 2 or 3 people and expect all to know. Poor quality of managers. Upper management too good to say hello or even acknowledge you most of the time. The employees who should be the most important part of this business are treated like they are nothing unless of course management needs you for something. Here is the kicker. .. you are rated by the amount of Landry's cards you sell and if you don't push then down your guests throats and practically make them buy them your rankings gets lowered... ie... fewer days, hours, slower stations etc. Your server ranking really has nothing to do with your ability to serve and take care of guests it's all about being a salesperson. Oh and the favoritism.... better be in with the in crowd it your days are numbered. They make up the rules as they go along. . It's ridiculous! A joke... the only positive were the other servers who are all disgruntled also. .. other than that the job was fabulous!!! Ugh!
Pros
Co workers and guests
Cons
Management and inconsistancies in training, serving and rules
Fast paced
Server (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CAFebruary 26, 2017
-There's always a lunch/dinner rush on a typical day.
-I learned how to do 10 things at once.
-Management was amazing.
-Workplace culture was very mixed.
-Hardest part of the job was multitasking.
-Most enjoyable part of the job is the friendships.
Pros
Great place to work.
Cons
Selfishness.
great family place
Manager (Former Employee) –  Denver, COFebruary 21, 2017
talking with gues, switch over, comping food, working window, counting drawers, liquor inventory.

great place to work until they went bankrupt and started closing down locations. changing computer systems and relocating many employees.

best part was traveling the world helping them open many stores.

worst part was they were not honest about the real picture of management and hours expected.
Fun upbeat environment!
Lead Trainer / Server (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAFebruary 5, 2017
I was a server with Claim Jumper for 12 years. It was a fun "cowboy" environment and i learned a lot on how to develop my customer service skills and guest experience. We had delicious BBQ style food that customers flocked to. I enjoyed the fast paced, organized system. I even explored Management training when our team was in a bind and needed a part time "fill in". I felt after so many years, it was time for me to spread my wings and grow in a new direction.
A great almost decade
Lead Server and Trainer (Former Employee) –  Carlsbad, CAJanuary 6, 2017
I grew up with Claim Jumper. I loved the founding company that took care of its employees. When it was purchased by Landry's Inc., the transition was difficult and resulted in resignations from many long term managers and team members.

I chose to stay until my location closed, despite the difficulties that arose in explaining aggressive menu and ambiance changes to my regulars. The team members that remained will always be family.
Drama and poor management
Cocktail Server/Dining Server (Former Employee) –  Burbank, CADecember 29, 2016
Working at claim jumper was like being in high school again. Management is also unprofessional and poor. They care more about sales than anything else.
Pros
Free food, nice customers
Cons
Poor management
Claim Jumpers
Host (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZDecember 8, 2016
This place was a lot of work, but good work. As a host thug it can sometimes get a little boring in the earlier shifts because the restaurant is a little slow, but working at nights was always really busy. As a host you are in charge of seating the guests, picking up menus,taking orders for to-go customers, which by the way you get to keep your tips and you'll sometimes find your self helping to run food or rolling silverware. My co-workers there were very pleasant and I enjoyed that I got to move around a lot throughout the day cause I'm not one to stay still for very long. I honestly can't say that I had too much difficulties here considering it was an easy job.
Pros
50% off all food and decent pay
Cons
Inconsistant hours
Laundry's is something else
Bartender (Current Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CAOctober 18, 2016
If you ever wondered if you should go to college or not just look at the upper management at Landrys. They constantly struggle with basic knowledge of their industry. Go to college and get a degree and get out of this stupid, stupid company.
Pros
A few good coworkers
Cons
working here
Not my favorite job I've ever had.
LEAD HOSTESS (Former Employee) –  Lynnwood, WASeptember 26, 2016
Very unorganized and chaotic, no communication, management is flighty and unprofessional. Offers very few chances of moving up in the company.
Learned Problem Solving
Lead Server/Trainer (Former Employee) –  Roseville, CASeptember 1, 2016
Many things are quick to change in a fast pace industry. I became proficient in problem solving skills and executing quick remedies to the issue at hand.
Pros
Cash on hand after each shift
Cons
No holidays or weekends off
Fast paced environment, big workload, tough to advance
Runner (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJune 27, 2016
I worked at this establishment for one year and 6 months. The team is very friendly and awesome to be around, as well as the management team. But for working there for 18 months with only one raise...very disheartening as an employee. I felt as if i was supposed to be a robot they could just set and forget. I was trying to graduate from a runner to a server and never was given an opportunity. Good food...but no way to advance
Pros
Lots of new friends
Cons
No 10 minute breaks, no way to advance, and an unachievable goal of work
Fun place to work
Hostess/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZMay 12, 2016
Fun place to work but because of the turnover rate not many options to advance in career. Coworkers were either awesome or extremely hateful due to personal prejudices.
horrible management
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Burbank, CAApril 24, 2016
they hire more people than they need and only give 10 hours a week when your new. in order to get more hours you have to know the entire menu and kiss butt. they are unorganized when coming to asking for days off and still schedules you those days.
Pros
50% off food
Cons
get 10 dollars taken from every pay check to get the 50% off.
it s a hard job but I done and liked
kitchen dish (Former Employee) –  Laughlin, NVFebruary 18, 2016
start my day make sure the washer dishes machine is clean all the supplies and soap liquids working get done all the kind of dishes clean ready to use it for the cooks,food preper. and waiters serving the tables.I learned how make the job easy and enjoyable keeping busy all the time
Pros
all kind the drinks
Cons
two breaks full time one break part time
Professional workplace with friendly staff
Host (Former Employee) –  Hoffman Est, ILJanuary 18, 2016
My typical day at work would consist of working at the front desk and guiding customers to their tables. In my free time, I would do cleaning around the restaurant in areas such as the entrance and restrooms. I also assisted wherever I could with tasks such as rolling silverware and clearing tables. I learned a great deal about the food industry from my coworkers and how to treat customers with respect. The managers at Claim Jumper were always very kind to me and respectful of the time and work that I put into the job. My coworkers were also kind and would be friendly with me whenever I interacted with them. The most difficult part of my job was when we would have high amounts of customers on holidays and special occasions, which resulted in long hours where I didn't have a moment to stop. The most enjoyable part was my interaction with not only the customers but my fellow coworkers and managers.
Busy place to work, good customers.
Food Server (Former Employee) –  Concord, CADecember 13, 2015
They have a no tattoo policy. I had multiple tattoos. I had to wear long sleeves, unable to roll them up and the place was incredibly hot! They constantly had a "Broken" air conditioner. Guests would be wiping sweat from there faces! Gross.
Pros
Made great money. Managers were great. Fun place.
Chore of a job
Server (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMNovember 8, 2015
Poor organizational behavior, zero benefits, micromanagement, low interpersonal justice, low distributive justice, lack of transparency, the worst job ever.
Pros
Cons
condecending managers, low pay, lack of business, lack of competitive advantage, micromanagement

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Claim Jumper. Our community is ready to answer.