Claire's Employee Reviews

Found 1,190 reviews matching the search
Great functional work place
Sales Associate and Cashier (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 21, 2017
Learned how to use customer service better and to sale more items and to work as a team to make and finish a project organize the products in the store on the floor and to manage the store by myself .
Pros
Lunch 30 mins / paid vacation
Cons
Health care good sick days benifits good
Great work place
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  MassachusettsMarch 20, 2017
I have loved working at Claire's since I started. It's a fun up beat environment with great store events to put a smile on anyone's face. The store is geared towards many different ages.
Pros
Great employee discount
Cons
Minimal break times
teamwork and consistency
Third Key Manager (Former Employee) –  Orange, CAMarch 15, 2017
Claire's is a goal driven work place and very efficient towards customer service and their team members as well.
I do think that some of the management does require a bit more attention in communication skills towards their team members and lacks some motivation in their field that should be pushed into reaching their goals at the end of the day.
Pros
Teamwork, Goal Driven, and Quality
Cons
Communication skills, Lacks Motivation, and at some places discriminates others
Good job, just not my atmosphere
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Tupelo, MSMarch 10, 2017
I loved working with kids, and my general manager was amazing. What really made me change my mind about the company was the day that my Regional Manager threw her leg over a little girl to hold her down to pierce her ears. I couldn't believe that the mom allowed it, and I could not see myself doing that. Honestly, I felt like if that was how I was going to have to approach my job in order to advance, I couldn't do it.
Pros
Cons
Long hours with no break due to being the only associate in the store.
Fun work place
Acting Manager (Former Employee) –  OhioMarch 10, 2017
To little pay for the amount of work you do and that work is unappreciated. Upper management imposes there own rules while other company policies are only unforced when convenient for them.
fun place to work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  olean nyMarch 9, 2017
I loved working at claires. and seeing all the kids smile when they come in. I used to shop there myself when I was younger and knew how much I liked it. I also got trainings on pericing ears. ive noticed ive always be interested in sales and retail so this job was very easy to me but a lot of fun
Professional workplace
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Nacogdoches, TXMarch 8, 2017
My time with this company helped me gain the communication skills I needed to be a successful business partner. I got the opportunity to work with a different type of clientele.
Merchandising of products (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 7, 2017
This company ask a lot of you and if you cant multitask you will fail, especially as a manager. It looks like an awesome place to work,but you have to have the right team behind you.
sales associate
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Pleasanton, CAMarch 2, 2017
come in early for inventory. greet customers upon arrival. help them with finding things or recommending things. learning ear piercing and doing that everyday.
bling city
third key assistant (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNMarch 2, 2017
I loved working here.The store facility was in a nice area inside the mall.The food court was right around the corner.Security was right in reach if needed
Pros
Cons
short breaks
Productive and Friendly
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Merced, CAMarch 2, 2017
At Claire's I learned on how to communicate with others and I learned more about the work experience as well. I helped customers with their jewelry choices for whatever special occasion they had.
Pros
easy to work at
Cons
place is really small
Claire's
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Davenport, IAMarch 1, 2017
This company is mostly about the bottom dollar and pushing sales but not in providing their employees with equivalent compensation rates for their time entered.
Fun, fashion forward store
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Howell, MIMarch 1, 2017
Been with the company 11 years. Typical day at Claire’s is piercing ears, making schedules, budgeting, coaching staff and excellent customer service. Claire’s keeps up with the latest trends in the fashion industry.
Can be a fun place to work
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 1, 2017
If you're just getting started in retail its a good place to start in management. In store activities keep you busy and having fun. Not worth the pay with what you are expected to do, the hours you are allocated, and the benefits and compensation they provide their employees.
Loved Claire's
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Muncy, PAMarch 1, 2017
I loved Claire's, mainly because the employees there are very nice. You can get through a busy day with no problems what so ever. Everyone is treated with gratitude.
hard work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Garden City, NYFebruary 28, 2017
Getting to work with and around children with their parents was a fun experience. There were rarely any slow pace days due to the popularity of the company.
Pros
Learned to pierce
Cons
poor hours
Improvements
Marketing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Hoffman Estates, ILFebruary 23, 2017
Not a lot of growth opportunities nor structure. Each day was full of confusion due to lack of structure and communication flaws. Constant changes at the last minute would always produce extra work, which resulted in a stressful environment.
Fun company culture but senior management will make you hate your job.
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLFebruary 23, 2017
I enjoy working retail and rising up the meet a challenge but they make it really hard to succeed in this company. I was overworked and so were my assistants. My store would meet all sales quotas and we were the best suggestive sellers in our district but that was still not enough to meet senior management's bottom line expectations.
Pros
Serving young customers, availability of detailed training manuals
Cons
Everything else
Productive & fun work place
Sales Associate, Cashier (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNFebruary 22, 2017
I absolutely loved claires, I loved helping the little girls & their parents when they came into the store. Claires was an easy job that I really enjoyed
Pros
great hours
Cons
small work area
fun and productive with any job im employed with
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Township of Deptford, NJFebruary 22, 2017
a typical day at work is doing my job, then in the middle of my shift I take my break, come back and continue working, I love to have fun while I'm on the job but I also get what needs to be done, done. I learn discipline, how to do the work because I'm never afraid to ask questions and I learn about the person I'm talking too. the hardest part of the job is dealing with the public,
Pros
discounts
Cons
dealing with the public

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Claire's. Our community is ready to answer.