Claire's Employee Reviews in United States

productive work place
Sales Associate / Register / 3rd Key Mgmt (Former Employee) –  Viera, FLApril 30, 2016
I enjoyed my years here , i learned a lot of valuable skills, especially when I had started I was only 16 . Great when i started I stayed because our specific store and our staff was great, however when I left the manager of the store singled me out and would put me down for the smallest of mistakes.
Great Experience at Claire's
Retail Clerk (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNApril 28, 2016
I would assist customers in their search for the right jewelry, check customers out, help out with birthday parties, and pierce ears. There was never a boring moment. My coworkers were all amazing.
Productive workplace with great customer service.
3rd Key Manager (Current Employee) –  Tukwila, WAApril 27, 2016
A typical day at work during opening hours is making sure the store is clean for the customers and co workers when they arrive. Also getting all the paper work and emailing done at a timely manner. Customer service is key when working at Claire's! Being a 3rd key manager has taught me leadership skills and handling situations with co workers and customers professionally. I honestly don't have a hard part of my job. Closing duties is making sure the store is clean for the next day and making sure every customer has what they need. The most enjoyable part of my job is keeping a smile and positive attitude towards my customers and employees.
Pros
Discounts from Claire's
Cons
Lack of hours
Upbeat store where antiques where bought, sold, and traded.
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Federal Way, WAApril 26, 2016
Although I enjoyed my job, it wasn't necessarily the direction of customer service that I navigate. The ability to make a profit and give a customer what makes sense to himher was satisfying. The lack of affordable health care was hard to get around.
Pros
schedule flexibility
Cons
poor health care plans
productive and great place of employment
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Somerset, KYApril 22, 2016
Manager helped when needed, flexible scheduling, co-workers were nice. Most enjoyable part was being able to sell jewelry.
Could Be Better
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Hermitage, PAApril 14, 2016
Didn't get a lot of hours
Management wasn't all that great
punctuality didn't matter
a lot of call offs
got along with my coworkers
getting any kind of training I was supposed to receive
Pros
enough breaks
Cons
no training
Tedious place to work
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 12, 2016
An ok Company who does not like to promote from within. Due to high turn over rates, you can be left in the store for hours until your relief arrives and or for a break.
Pros
Discount of 50%
Cons
High turn over rate
Fun place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  North Charleston, SCApril 11, 2016
A typical day that I worked at Claire's involved a lot of interaction with children. Mainly young girls looking to get their ears pierced or wanting to have a birthday party in the store. It was often very busy on the weekends. There was a shift in management. The first manager was not my favorite person. however I absolutely loved the second one. She was amazing. My co-workers and I grew to be great friends. The most enjoyable part of the job was that it was laid back and everyone was easy going. You could definitely be yourself.
Productive and Fun
Sales Associate and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Auburn Hills, MIApril 10, 2016
I loved my first two managers..I had fun working with all of the workers, we built a bond past the hours we worked together, really good team work and know when its time for fun and time for work.
Pros
The People
Cons
My managers going somewhere else
working at claire's
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Buford, GAApril 9, 2016
I worked at claire's my junior and senior year of high school as well as my freshman year of college. While working there we had constant changes in management. Once I went to college my manager allowed me to work seasonally because I went to school out of state. When I came back for the summer there was new management and although I talked to the new management about my situation before coming home and was told I would still be able to work they did not allow me to resume my position.
Fun place to work if upper management is different in Ohio
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Youngstown, OHApril 8, 2016
Store level employees and Management are great people and it is a fun and relaxed atmosphere.
When upper Management shows up, unprofessional, has no morals and bullies employees around.
Pros
Benefits, hours, pay
Cons
District Manager, HR does not respond to calls
Very fun and professional company
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 8, 2016
One of the best companies I have been part of!
A very fun and exciting environment. interacting with customers was such a great experience , great group of people!
Can be fun
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Havre, MTApril 7, 2016
The District Manager is horrible we have an employee that walked out screaming at me and doing a volunteer quit in the middle of the shift and she still has her job.

Typical day would be putting shipment away assisting customers with there wants and needs in the store. Management in the store was good except for the district management and the hardest part of the job would be dealing with kids destroying the store and parents not doing anything about it.
Pros
Staying busy
Cons
Children and parents that cannot control them and bad manegement for district
A great place to see happy faces
3rd Key Holder (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 7, 2016
All employees and employers take their time in getting to know who works for them. Lots of work recognition in this environment, all managers give credit where it's due. The most enjoyable part in working for this company is the opportunity to take part in a life time memory-piercing ears.
Pros
mandated breaks
Fun workplace to interact with variety of people.
3rd Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Independence, MOApril 4, 2016
Worked weekends about 16 hours.
Greeted customers and provided them with baskets and told them about our deals.
Stocked the store.
Tracking merchandise.
Responsible for opening and closing store which involved counting money and change orders.
Enjoyed my co-works. Most were hard working. I made sure everyone was on top of the task at hand.
prodictive and fun work place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Arcadia, CAApril 4, 2016
i enjoyed working with the girls at Claire's they make me feel welcomed and comfortable. i wasn't there for long but i wished i stayed longer i really enjoyed being able to work with the girls there.
Pros
it was at the mall and i liked looking around and the food court was across from us.
Cons
short breaks but i was ok with it.
high expectations, low compensation
Third Key (MOD) (Former Employee) –  Johnson City, TNApril 2, 2016
This company really needs to listen to and appreciate its employees. During my time with the company the expectations grew while the hours shrunk. During the week we were 99% of the time working on single coverage piercing ears, doing stock, helping and ringing customers, completing markdowns and plan-o-grams. There was never encouragement from upper management (district and higher) only complaints without solutions and punishments without rewards. The people in the store I worked with were great, and we were all family. I left soon after store manager and assistant management changed because I felt no growth opportunity with that company at all. The best part of the job was ranting about the company to my co-workers.
Pros
employee discount, dress up days
Cons
unpredictable hours, low coverage, piercing ears
fun and welcoming working environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Trumbull, CTMarch 30, 2016
Working with claire's it taught me a lot I did not know, like piercing ears, excellence in customer service and how to use the programs to purchase store products.
Nice co-workers, fast paced work.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOMarch 29, 2016
A typical day was helping many people with purchases and just naturally having conversation with customers to make them comfortable.
Pros
Seeing children and being able to really talk to them
Cons
Work hours dwindled significantly.
long
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 28, 2016
deal with customers , angry customers , pick up any items that were supposed to be up on the shelves
conversed slightly with others