Claire's Employee Reviews

Very productive and fun atompshere
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, INDecember 15, 2017
I really enjoyed my 10 years with this company. I enjoyed the kids that came in and enjoyed having fun with him. The reason i left is because the pay wasnt very good.
Pros
50% discount, sick days, vacation
Cons
crazy shifts, worked all weekends and holidays
Productive service
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Braintree, MADecember 12, 2017
Working at Claire's was a fun experience. I did things that I thought I would never do. I pierced ears and got into a Claire bear costume on. The hardest part of working at Claire's was dealing with the kids that walked in there. They opened up/destroyed merchandise and would not sit still to get their ear pierced.
Fun place to work, young and hip. High turnover rate- low pay.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Mansfield, MADecember 11, 2017
A lot is put on one person. You work alone a lot. Low pay. Not many raises at all. Takes a long time to move up. Bad management. Fun if it's just part time.
Best retail job I have worked at
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Victorville, CADecember 11, 2017
I loved working at Claire`s. It was my first job. I liked the jewelry because it was so sparkly and girly. The workers there were very polite and helpful. I liked working there but at the time I had to resign because I had to have surgery on my feet. My feet are Incredibly better now. I hope I work at another retail store like this one.
Pros
Polite workers. Great dress attire
Cons
N/a
About the job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MODecember 10, 2017
i didnt get enough hours. manager switched then got a new one, she started hiring all her friends. Ive learned that even if you come in on a bad day you still are able to smile because at the end of the day I like working with people.
Pros
50% off
Cons
Not enough hours
Fun workplace
Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Douglasville, GADecember 10, 2017
It was a fun and very different workplace to work I had to leave because of personal reason but I miss it and would love to go right back as a key Holder.
Pros
Discounted prices
Cons
Shortbreaks
Great Oppurtunity
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Berlin, VTDecember 8, 2017
they have great opportunities to advance but they company doesnt pay very well because you run a small store and dont have as many customer as bigger store do
Pros
insurance
Cons
pay
Would be cool with actual training and better management
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Harrisburg, PADecember 8, 2017
Claire's was my dream job. And while it was mostly a happy atmosphere, it gets really tough when you have no training/support. Sometimes your best isn't good enough.
Pros
50% discount, Freedom of expression
Cons
literally everything else
Not the best, but better than fast food
Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Daytona Beach, FLDecember 7, 2017
you often work by yourself, there's a severe lack of security, the DM I had did absolutely nothing with the information I had that could've potentially damaged the store. They do not treat their employees well and have ridiculous expectations. If you have good team members, you might like the job. If you're a superficial person, you might like the job. If you like little kids (in a non creepy way) you might like the job.
Cons
short breaks, unrealistic expectations, no professionallism
Exciting
Manager (Former Employee) –  Hyattsville, MD 20782December 7, 2017
Claire's is an awesome place to be around people, children and a wonderful chance to be able to help people to pick out nice things that fit the persons.
Fast Pace
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Elk Grove, CADecember 7, 2017
I didn't feel very valued as an employee. It was fast pace. Not enough room for employees to have a break. We would literally sit in a closet where all the inventory was.
Pros
Gained work experience
Cons
No break room, just sit down in the inventory closet
Productive but yet slow.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Niles, ILDecember 6, 2017
You come in, face the store and attend to any stock that needs to be put out. typically count your money and then attend to any cleaning or any other busy work while still helping customers.
Best job I ever had. If it didn’t close down Inwould still be there.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Elizabeth City, NCDecember 5, 2017
Amazing atmosphere, push to make your sales and get piercings. Great customer service and management is amazing. The kids are the best part about the job. And the parents love it too.
Pros
Kids, discount 50% off, paid time and holidays
Cons
N/a
Fun while it lasted.
THIRD KEY MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Langhorne, PADecember 5, 2017
A typical day included clocking in around 8AM, putting out all new signing and new deals for the day, along with counting the register, and vacuuming the floor. around 9AM, you open the gate and your day begins. somewhere in the first 2 hours usually I would get 2-4 boxes of shipment that I had to check in and put out onto the floor. while also tending to customer needs, answer the phones and straightening the store. somewhere around 3PM the next person would come in and take over, by themselves around 4, which is when I would leave.
Pros
responsibilities.
Cons
low pay, hour cuts.
Boutique setting where any age can enjoy, along with awesome Bridal events
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Manchester, CTDecember 5, 2017
Claires/Icing was a fun place to work, came in look forward to my daily email for promo/to do list, gather up my notes, create my to do list for my team, turn up the music engage with customer, talk uo what ever promo we may have [always] fun times! Icing was a Boutique lay-out is easy to get intimate with your customer's. was when someone walk out the door and wonder what did I missed, what could have done differently! Giving sale goal, when we would run contest within district, company and in store, it would motivate and remind you why you are there, and giving my team HI-five on a job well done, and calling your DM to say we did it..
Pros
contest, gifts
Cons
coverage
You Have to Make Due
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GADecember 5, 2017
The time I was working there, the management team was different. Working there was stressful only because of Poor management, but anywhere you work you have make due -and the best out of your situation. That’s what I did. I wish I could’ve held a little longer but I’m more about health and I couldn’t work in a stressful environment anymore !
Pros
Great discounts, fast paced, benefits, good pay for management positions
Cons
Stressful, not many breaks, long hours during inventory
a good place to work
3rd Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Texarkana, TXDecember 3, 2017
Claire's was a good place to work, it was fun and you meet interesting people and if you love kids it is a great place to be.and the manager was always willing to work with you.
Fun place to work
Key Holder/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  N Attleboro, MANovember 29, 2017
Working with kids and adult customer's. Piercing ears and helping accesorize outfits. Throwing B-Day parties with kids dressing up and different activities.
Pros
Lots of fun
Cons
Not enough hours or room for advancement
slow paced but wonderful flexible work environment
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  panama city floridaNovember 26, 2017
Was a very flexible job after attending High School. coworkers were friendly and inviting and were eager to teach and show you around. Very easy slow paced workplace. Wonderful fun environment.
Pros
good environment
Cons
slow paced
Scheduling was made to be so difficult
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Smithfield, NCNovember 26, 2017
My manager was awful. It was made so difficult to even receive my schedule. I had to wait over an hour on the phone to attain my schedule for the week and I never got it. I was treated unfairly because I had to have surgery on my foot and I a doctor's note I was able to come back on a certain date and my manager failed to give me a schedule for three weeks after the date I was able to be back. I enjoyed working with the products and meeting customers but my boss made it difficult to get through the day let alone week. Despite my availability during the week and weekends I was only scheduled for Four hours per week and a chance of being on call on day.
Pros
meeting customers
Cons
Scheduling was next to impossible to attain

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Claire's. Our community is ready to answer.