Clare Oaks

Clare Oaks Employer Reviews

The golden age of Clare Oaks has come and gone...
Independent living Server (Former Employee), Bartlett, ILOctober 8, 2012
Pros: lovely residents, great co-workers, positive atmosphere, fun activies
Cons: management, uneven duties
When I was hired back in '09 Clare Oaks was very different to what it is today...I loved coming into work and serving the residents. The people running the dining room were great to work for and we fair as well as understanding about you and your schedule; they always worked with you and treated you like you were apart of Clare Oaks. As the years went – more... by we had new bosses that came and went but the dining room was solid as ever until 2012...I was hired as a part-time then went to full time employee.

It slowly went from working in a great environment and being happy coming into work to realizing you have work and really do not want to come in or call in sick. Preferably both so you don't have to come in the next day either.

As an employee and server I felt like I was a good one and followed procedures and was respectful. I love the residents and had no problems with them as big as with the management. I went from being treated as a human being to more than just a pathetic minion who has to come in because they have no other job prospect. "You are expected to work." Was said during on of our meetings which came as an odd statement since I have always done my job and always came in to do it. I might've been late but I always did my job there's never room for excuses but it happens. I never provided horrible services even in the worse days in the kitchen. My dining room supervisor left for some reasons not disclosed; he kept everything glued together and looked out for his staff, when he left it was going smoothly until I decided to put in my two weeks in for a new job in the same industry. I was no longer comfortable working for who was hired as director, I never had problems with anyone more than the director. I felt like director did not listen to the needs of the employees, I felt like I had to constantly bite the bullet with my schedule and working a lot. The director was not my supervisor for the years I worked there so they never got the chance to see how I worked or how I was. We did not get the proper training promised by the director either.

I gave my warning that I could not come into work the last week scheduled but I had all the intentions to work with it and juggle two jobs to make it come to a smooth end.They told me I would be put under as a "no hire/not recommonded" which I accepted. I felt like they attacked me personally and smirked as they said what they would put me under, I left and never intend to come back to Clare Oaks. This place left a bad taste in my mouth and as a ex-server know what happens in the background...I would not recommend any of my family members or family friends to live or work here at all. This place is unfair and they only look out for each other instead of keeping the employees happy...you don't have to treat us like dirt or talk to us like we are children. Many of us go to school and do not intend to stay very long; I love Clare Oaks and has opened my eyes to a lot of things. It was a job and I'm ready to move on to my CAREER. Although what I did does classify as healthcare, I do not believe it will impact my future badly with how I left.

I do feel sad I'm leaving because of my co-workers and residents. I will miss them dearly, but they were always kind to me which I will not forget. I wish them all the best and good luck in their lives. – less
Clare Oaks is The best place i ever worked as a cna.
Certified Nurse Assistant (Current Employee), Bartlett, ILAugust 30, 2012
I work he rehab floor which is awesome. The People i work with is all about team work.