Clarian Health Employee Reviews

nice place to work
Instrument Technician (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 13, 2017
Working there was another learning experience, the staff was friendly and proved to work collaboratively. Performed Biological Tests daily, in order to determine levels of microorganisms.

Inspection - Inspected and assembled surgical instrumentation and equipment for the OR Staff
checking for sterility, accuracy, and proper function.
Pros
learn new skill
Cons
too many indians
Payment Application Analyst (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INDecember 12, 2016
Working for Clarian Health was a wonderful experience. I learned a lot from management and the company itself. Always room for advancement and to be cross trained for other positions.
Pros
Flex time
Cons
short breaks
Positive working environment
Family Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INOctober 23, 2016
Rewarding work environment. Good people. Competitive pay. Long days with some weekends and evening. Excellent learning environment. Workplace rewards and bonuses.
excellent
Medical Assistant/ Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  IndianapolisOctober 22, 2015
loved my jobs worked in 3 different departments in my 7 years there. The only reason I left was to stay at home with my daughter and go to school.
Loved it
Laboratory Assistant (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 28, 2015
Everything abou Clarian Health is great. I loved that people I worked with and the management. The work day was smooth and I really enjoyed being a part of the lab team.
Pros
mostly everything
Cons
None I can think of now
no advancement/ and scheduling is hard
Floor Care Technician/Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMarch 30, 2015
If you start off in housekeeping prepare to stay there. Very hard to move up. But other than that its a okay job and the hours if not on second shift is sweet.
Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMarch 5, 2015
Very nice small hospital. Management was professional and supported you in efforts to expand services and provide an overall better experience for the patients and their families.
A strong educational institution supporting clinical autonomy and individualized care.
Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INDecember 15, 2014
I worked for IU Health ( Clarian ) for 40 years in various areas. It was the best setting for learning and getting advanced education. It afforded me many opportunities which has build as solid knowledge base in clinical nursing. IU management is a hallmark for learning and being cutting edge in health care which is the aspect I miss most. Co-workers at IU knowledge and Independence in performing care keeps in connected to them then and now. The hardest part and the the most enjoyable was providing individualized care. At the beginning of my career (35 Years ago) I went to the library on my lunch hour for my bored patient. His wife who is still a nurse at IU was telling the story to a friend who related it to me reinforcing the need for holistic care.
Pros
Education
Cons
Continual Expansion
Met a lot of nice professional people.
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 16, 2014
Cleaned hospital rooms and wiped down all of the furniture and fixtures.
Pros
Methodist had a lovely cafe that you could enjoy fresh cooked meals.
Cons
The staff were not on the same page with the other workers.
great work environment
RRT (Former Employee) –  Carmel, INJune 24, 2014
this was a great work environment and a great place close to home at the time.
Clarian Health care is now the new IU Healthcare (the name changed)
Specialist Admissions (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 27, 2014
My day consisted of providing quality customer service to our patients in regards to getting the needed verification taken care of prior to their surgery procedures.
Pros
Getting to assist patients.
Cons
Sometimes it would get so busy that we could not get the breaks we desearved.
My co-workers
Bariatrics Manager (Former Employee) –  Carmel, INMay 12, 2014
My staff was unbelievably talented, caring, professional healthcare workers. It was difficult starting a new hospital. We had frequent change occur. Their flexibility was needed and they rose to the occasion.
good company to work for
Radiologic Technologist (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 9, 2014
Company was good to work for. Great environment. Physicians were accessible.
Pros
Tuition reimbursement
Cons
Management wasn't the best
Excellent place to start a professional career
Patient Care Centered Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INFebruary 20, 2014
Coordinate patient services with co-workers at multiple levels of management.

Exceptional transcription of physician orders and requests into hospitals Cerner program.

Providing instantaneous assistance services to staff physician on-call.

Self motivator to trouble shoot and fix problems or issues as they arise without the assistance of vital medical staff providing simultaneous medical care to multiple patients.
favorite job
Records Filing Clerk (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 9, 2014
I really liked my job there it was laid back and easy to learn. The hours i had i really didnt care for. But i would recomend this job to anyone.
This was a position I had prior to getting in management
Outpatient Coding Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INOctober 7, 2013
I had a brief introduction into the coding world, but only gained about 4 months of experience
productive workplace
patient Access Specialist (Former Employee) –  indianapolis, INSeptember 23, 2013
Clean, detail oriented, fast paced workplace
Dedicated to pleasing patients 100 percent
Bettering work environment daily
exciting, energetic work place
Pros
benefits, flexible work schedule, tuition reimbursement
System Analyst (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INAugust 23, 2013
enjoyed working there, fun environment. Hoping to go back.
Pros
na
Cons
na
A compasinate and caring workplace
Admissions Specialist/ Bed Control/ Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, InJune 22, 2013
A typical day at work would consist of assisting doctors, nursing staff, axillary staff and patients with a wide range of request. Everyday something new and exciting whether it was working with co-worker to ensure a smooth operation or helping patients navigate their medical needs. I learned that the patient was not only a customer but family. The managers were great in making sure that the co-workers had what they needed to perform daily tasked and were available to listen to our concerns. The co-workers were family, they jumped right in to help each other. The hardest part of the job, well there really wasn't a hard part only that consoleing a patient if giving bad news. Over all the job was very enjoyable and rewarding.
I learned alot about diabetes.
Patient Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 11, 2013
I learned a lot about heart healthy meal planning, the most enjoyable part of the job was taking care of the patients. The hardest part of the job was working short a lot. I felt that management could have pushed for more PCA'S on the unit.Typical day was tiring but rewarding.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Clarian Health. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4