Clarian Health Employee Reviews in United States

A strong educational institution supporting clinical autonomy and individualized care.
Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INDecember 15, 2014
I worked for IU Health ( Clarian ) for 40 years in various areas. It was the best setting for learning and getting advanced education. It afforded me many opportunities which has build as solid knowledge base in clinical nursing. IU management is a hallmark for learning and being cutting edge in health care which is the aspect I miss most. Co-workers at IU knowledge and Independence in performing care keeps in connected to them then and now. The hardest part and the the most enjoyable was providing individualized care. At the beginning of my career (35 Years ago) I went to the library on my lunch hour for my bored patient. His wife who is still a nurse at IU was telling the story to a friend who related it to me reinforcing the need for holistic care.
Pros
education
Cons
continual expansion
excellent
Medical Assistant/ Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  IndianapolisOctober 22, 2015
loved my jobs worked in 3 different departments in my 7 years there. The only reason I left was to stay at home with my daughter and go to school.
productive,
Patient Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 15, 2012
can be demanding but doable, keeps you alert, and aware of details that are necessary for working in a hospital setting, coworkers were great people to work with, and very informative on how to do the job. Hardest part of the job is not being able to give enough comfort. The most enjoyable part was watching someone go home health
Pros
great chances for advancement, excellent benefits
Cons
n/a
Education opportunites and Great place
Registered Nurse/ ACLS Coirdinator (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INAugust 16, 2012
Very enjoyable place to work. Encouragement by management and coworkers on going and provided many topics. I was able to take management courses, substance abuse courses, computer courses and all education was dine in a calming atmosphere.n
Pros
dynamic, well thought of, good benefits, and excellent. coworkerd. encouraged autonomy.
Cons
big
The atmoshere is professional, everyone cares about their position, the patients & family members, and also the other employees.
Patient Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMarch 18, 2013
Everyone takes pride in their every day activities. The educational opportunities are endless and encouraged. I received all my learning and training here and the experience was wonderful. I must say, I have never worked with people that are so up beat and understanding.
Pros
great educational opportunities and benefits. this employer really cares about their employees.
Cons
can't think of any
A nice place to develop important skills
Dietary Specialist (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMarch 16, 2012
They have given me great ethic and work base to go into the world and show what I am worth. I can never forget the times spent there or the many things I have learned. However, the 8 years spent at this location it is time to move on. you can only go so far with this company and I seem to have met the limit of my achievements. it is time to offer my services to another company and be stellar for them.
Pros
many hours available, family atmosphere, great opportunity for advancement
Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMarch 5, 2015
Very nice small hospital. Management was professional and supported you in efforts to expand services and provide an overall better experience for the patients and their families.
Excellent place to start a professional career
Patient Care Centered Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INFebruary 20, 2014
Coordinate patient services with co-workers at multiple levels of management.

Exceptional transcription of physician orders and requests into hospitals Cerner program.

Providing instantaneous assistance services to staff physician on-call.

Self motivator to trouble shoot and fix problems or issues as they arise without the assistance of vital medical staff providing simultaneous medical care to multiple patients.
A compasinate and caring workplace
Admissions Specialist/ Bed Control/ Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, InJune 22, 2013
A typical day at work would consist of assisting doctors, nursing staff, axillary staff and patients with a wide range of request. Everyday something new and exciting whether it was working with co-worker to ensure a smooth operation or helping patients navigate their medical needs. I learned that the patient was not only a customer but family. The managers were great in making sure that the co-workers had what they needed to perform daily tasked and were available to listen to our concerns. The co-workers were family, they jumped right in to help each other. The hardest part of the job, well there really wasn't a hard part only that consoleing a patient if giving bad news. Over all the job was very enjoyable and rewarding.
I learned alot about diabetes.
Patient Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 11, 2013
I learned a lot about heart healthy meal planning, the most enjoyable part of the job was taking care of the patients. The hardest part of the job was working short a lot. I felt that management could have pushed for more PCA'S on the unit.Typical day was tiring but rewarding.

Want to know more about Clarian Health?

Ask a question
no advancement/ and scheduling is hard
Floor Care Technician/Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMarch 30, 2015
If you start off in housekeeping prepare to stay there. Very hard to move up. But other than that its a okay job and the hours if not on second shift is sweet.
good company to work for
Radiologic Technologist (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 9, 2014
Company was good to work for. Great environment. Physicians were accessible.
Pros
tuition reimbursement
Cons
management wasn't the best
productive workplace
patient Access Specialist (Former Employee) –  indianapolis, INSeptember 23, 2013
Clean, detail oriented, fast paced workplace
Dedicated to pleasing patients 100 percent
Bettering work environment daily
exciting, energetic work place
Pros
benefits, flexible work schedule, tuition reimbursement
intern
Administrative Assistant Worker - Intern (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis INMay 29, 2012
Well as I worked here I was at the front desk. All day I would either tell people where that part of the hospital was, or take the person back the right area of the hospial, or take presents back to the rooms that came to the front desk, and i answered the phones. I worked with one other person at the front desk.
The hardest part of the job was learning the way around the hospital. My favorite part of the job was meeting all the people that came in.
Pros
learnin the hospital
Cons
getting lost in the big hosptal
Ok work place clean.
Medical Records Specialist (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INDecember 10, 2012
Very nice and dependable place to work. The hardest part of the job was getting along with some very challaging co-workers that should have been let go do to always starting things with other co-workers. I loved the continuing studies they offered.
Pros
the hours
Cons
some of the staff was not professional at all.
Professional and caring
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  IndianapolisFebruary 26, 2013
Clarian is a place where the employees are professional and diversed. Employees are encouraged to bevolunteer in community activities and organizations that are positive and encouraging for those in need. It was always uplifting to see patients who improved from their medical care. Kudos to the great doctors and staff. I'd return in a heartbeat.
Clarian Health care is now the new IU Healthcare (the name changed)
Specialist Admissions (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 27, 2014
My day consisted of providing quality customer service to our patients in regards to getting the needed verification taken care of prior to their surgery procedures.
Pros
getting to assist patients.
Cons
sometimes it would get so busy that we could not get the breaks we desearved.
Medical Receptionist
Registration Specialist- Register (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis,IndianaJanuary 21, 2013
My job at Clarian Health started as a part time job but within a few short months I went from being a phone receptionist to a medical biller and scheduler for Clarian Health,. The most enjoyable part of my job was the patient interaction.
Pros
room for growth
Cons
pay restrictions
My co-workers
Bariatrics Manager (Former Employee) –  Carmel, INMay 12, 2014
My staff was unbelievably talented, caring, professional healthcare workers. It was difficult starting a new hospital. We had frequent change occur. Their flexibility was needed and they rose to the occasion.
Met a lot of nice professional people.
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 16, 2014
Cleaned hospital rooms and wiped down all of the furniture and fixtures.
Pros
methodist had a lovely cafe that you could enjoy fresh cooked meals.
Cons
the staff were not on the same page with the other workers.

4.2