Clariant Employee Reviews

Professional and Respectable place to work.
Production Operator (Former Employee) –  Belen, NM 87002September 5, 2017
A typical day consisted of maintaining quality throughput.
I have learned how to operate certain machinery along with other tasks.
Management seemed draw focus toward certain departments rather than maintaining focus on all departments (through my observation and personal opinion).
The atmosphere consisted of employees ranging from young adults to senior citizens. Majority had positive attitudes.
The most challenging part of the job personally was maintaining stability when machines would malfunction. It was also difficult when witnessing some operators disregard their responsibilities as an employee.
Overall, I enjoyed learning how to operate the machinery and the people I worked with.
Pros
Benefits, annual bonuses, occasional company lunches.
Cons
Upper management has a slight lack of empathy for the operators.
micromanaged and unpleasant
Operator II (Current Employee) –  Belen, NMSeptember 1, 2017
not recommended for a career, no room for advancement without a college degree. mandatory overtime and no recognition of achievement or hard work. too much micromanagement
Pros
Cons
poor management
Good job just hard to move up
Inventory Control Specialist (Current Employee) –  Belen, NMAugust 24, 2017
Good job just need more opportunities to move up. It's hard to move up in the ranks at Clariant so that's why I am looking for a new job . Management has its favorites
Plant workers great. Corporate always blames workers
Manager (Former Employee) –  LouisianaAugust 14, 2017
The plant personnel where I worked were fantastic. Corporate especially the Operations Manager are liars and never take accountability for their mistakes which are plenty. No raises for 5 years.
Pros
Plant workers
Cons
Corporate
Professional Growth is a Plus!
Executive Assistant and Sales & Operations (Former Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXAugust 9, 2017
Clariant provided many opportunities for me to extend my knowledge within the industry. I was given strategic projects and trusted with highly confidential information. In addition, the experience I gained has enabled me to stretch out of my comfort zone so to benefit the companies industry goals and my own professional goals.
Enjoyed working with my customers.
Senior Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Longview, TXJuly 19, 2017
It was a good place to work but there was hardly any communication from management. It was stressful trying to get new business in the slow economic environment that I was working in.
Work area and crew are great
Preventative Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Belen, NMJuly 14, 2017
Morning meeting on what need to be taken care of that day. Go in to work area and meet with other tech to see if there where and issues over that night that need to be addressed immediately. If there are any problems that need to be addressed immediately they are taken care swiftly. I am well rounded in my skills that some days I am pulled from my tech job and set in to the roll of faculties maintenance. My manager is one of the best bosses I have worked for to date.
Good work environment
Associate (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 12, 2017
Safe work environment. Stable and friendly management and staff. I learned a lot about the culture and Six Sigma processes. High peforming culture where communication and execution are valued.
The people that work at Clariant make it a great place to work
Controls Technician (Current Employee) –  Belen, NMJuly 11, 2017
I enjoy the ability to learn new things and have the opportunity to work with such a great team. I was able to work in different areas and understand the diversity of the company.
Pros
I had great directs for my position.
Cons
Not many places to eat around the area.
Fast Paced Enviornment
Sales (Current Employee) –  West Chicago, ILJune 29, 2017
Very fast paced and stressful work environment. Not good at promoting within and having employee retention.

Clariant does have good Medical insurance
Pass
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  New Hope, MNJune 12, 2017
Old company, lots of longer timers, no change. NO process improvements, or open minds. Old out dated facility. Little culture or communications among employees.
Run away do not work here
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Albion, MIJune 2, 2017
Worst place ever. Always making people work over at the last minute. Management is rude amd the supervisor mike in a douche who will stab you in the back sure enough to save his own skin. Everyone there is rude and childish.
Pros
Cons
To many to list
Company is going down hill fast.
Extrusion Technician (Current Employee) –  Albion, MIMay 11, 2017
Good pay but isn't worth it. Not a healthy work environment. The morale of the factory is at an all-time low and is continuing to fall and its all starting with the management. The finger is always pointed away from the person at fault.
Pros
Co-workers become a 2nd family, fun to work with. Pay is decent.
Cons
Management, more worried about numbers the employees.
Nice people to work with
Extrusion (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNApril 17, 2017
Everybody is very friendly, just wished the work hours were different.
Fun work and keeps you busy. I appreciate their sincerity in the employees safety.
Transitional
Professional Staff (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYMarch 9, 2017
Business was in a constant state of flux. Upper management seemed out-of-touch with the issues staff were trying to deal with. Silos needed to be identified and broken down. Bureaucracy made it hard to get things done.
Not the best place to work
Manager (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYMarch 8, 2017
The current focus is money - achieving the targets set by upper management for profitability - at the expense of sustainability. This creates additional work and stress for those who remain after staff has been cut.
Productive workplace.
Operator (Current Employee) –  Belen, NMFebruary 13, 2017
A night of work is running machines, producing desiccant packets for healthcare providers. This company has good benefits. The hardest part of this job is working graveyard. I enjoyed it and learned a lot but am looking for something new and I want to work day shift.
Benefits
Cons
Night shift.
It's dangerous for your body due to the chemicals in the air. Besides that it's pretty laid-back as long as you do your job.
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJanuary 19, 2017
Operating a forklift throughout the day, I learned to mix chemical batches, supervisors are pretty laid-back, the hardest thing about it tolerating the harmful chemicals that you continue to breathe throughout the day for the 12hour shift.
Improving
Business Manager (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJanuary 8, 2017
Once formed in 1996 Clariant was a vibrant company. During about 2008-2011 the culture became shaky and senior management had a look-out for yourself attitude. Since there has been improvement. However, they do NOT look out for their long standing employees.
Pros
Technology driven
Cons
No loyalty
Still trying to catch up to resent changes in production requirements
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Belen, NMJanuary 5, 2017
Productive in all departments. Loyal employees - many have been there a minimum of 12 years with many over twenty. Good products, really have customer satisfaction and safety as their primary concerns
Pros
Good customer base
Cons
No functioning new products for some time