Clariant Employee Reviews

Throw-away temps
Molding Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Belen, NMMay 5, 2016
This place gets most of their workers from temp agencies. Once the temp is close to 6 months of working, Clariant fires most if not all temps. I observed numerous good working individuals get fired for sorry reasons. They work the heck out of you and toss you aside for the next throw away. Most of the hire ons are lazy and keep their click together. My ex supervisor use to look at inappropriate images on the computer. Treatment of temps equal to that of Wal marts treatment of their employees
Pros
40 + hr work weeks
Cons
sorry management
new upper management
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Belen, NMJuly 24, 2016
The are worried about shining the place up . Making it look god and drop cost aren't going to sustain the business. Product quality down. That should be the concern. Leaving a job I love. The new guys have the wrong agenda. Run don't work for them. .
Pros
loved the job
Cons
new management looking at wrong fixes. they will spit shine an leave it ucdon't fix production
Great place to work.
Maintenance Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Albion, MIJune 7, 2016
Great co-workers, the hardest part would be a very dirty place due to products that were being made and the exhaust air wasn't up to par. Management was great to work with, every part of the job duties was a learning experience, love learning new things. Typical day was fixing machines that were down that needed to be working on a timely matter. I love a challenge at work also, I feel I'm a hard worker.
Pros
Great People
Cons
Dirty Place
Very nice place to work for, Nice culture, great co-workers and management. Nice structure with what job need to get done
Level 1 Maintenance Tech (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMMarch 4, 2016
The days are very busy but not to stressful with a great culture surrounding its co- workers. Management gives you the things to get the job done.
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Taft, CAJuly 21, 2016
Had fun working there, Met some good quality people working there, has some good training programs, opportunities for travel, experience building opportunties
new and fun working enveriment always something new going on.
3rd Shift Lead (Former Employee) –  Belen, NMJuly 12, 2016
I enjoyed everything I did I just couldn't do graveyards anymore. I was great at everything put in front of me and if I wasn't I didn't stop till I was.
The work experience was good however I would like to work in a more friendly environment
Summer Intern Quality Control (Former Employee) –  Albion, MIJanuary 29, 2016
Most of the time I was located in the Quality Control Lab where I would check the product for being off color, badly cut, or contamination. I learned how many different polymers acted and how they react with each other, from nylons to ABS and polypropylene to PVC. The hardest part of the job for me was the work environment itself. The managers of the plant and the workers did not work well together or get along. It made for an unhealthy work environment. The part of the job I enjoyed the most was learning about how many different kinds of polymers there are and how they act.
Good company
Manager (Former Employee) –  TexasJune 25, 2015
Overall good company with excellent compensation package. Much more driven by financial markets, rather than delighting their customers. Lacking in brand recognition and no clarity on what they want to become as a specialty chemical manufacturer. Good people to work with, though management isn't as engaged at lower levels.
Pros
Diverse market access and strong compensation
Cons
Not concerned with customer service at executive level, however employees are very concerned regarding this.
Great experience, wish it could have been longer
Chemical Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  The Woodlands, TxMarch 1, 2015
I worked offshore for Clariant for 5 months. Unfortunately when I joined the oil prices were on the way down. I ended up being laid off after 5 months because the customer requested to reduce our service team in half for their account. I was the last person to join the team and with having the least experience I was let go.
Pros
Great pay, benefits, and work life balance if you enjoy offshore work
Cons
Oil price determines whether you have a job or not.
Not a place to stay
Yard Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CaFebruary 10, 2014
When I first started working for the company it was a fun place to work. Over the year's that I was there they made several changes to management bring in people that had no clue what they were doing. I even had one manager tell me that it was going to be his way or the highway right in front of a customer. I left the company shortly after this and since my leaving they have fired all of the people there that knew how to run the company and replace them with people that don't.
Pros
Cons
poor management, poor pay
Close to home
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mount Holly, NCMarch 8, 2016
Good company to work for. Great people.

Managers and co-workers were great to work with.
Enjoyed going to work everyday.
Poor management
Deep-water Sales Chemical Representative (Former Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXFebruary 25, 2015
Management needs improvement, Houston office personnel is young and without a backbone. Unless you coordinator is a mutual friend, job security is something to be desired.
Pros
Great Schedule
Cons
Poor management
Good Company-Bad Middle Management
anonymous (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYSeptember 24, 2014
Clariant is a large company with room for advancement and pretty decent (not great) compensation. Unfortunately, some mid-level managers are not worthy of their authority.
Pros
Retirement, 401K match
Cons
micromanaged, inadequate dust collection
Great Place to work..The Management makes the place
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCOctober 27, 2014
The management at Clariant makes it worth while to work there. They work with you instead of constantly looking over your shoulder. If a mistake is made, they take the time to help you work through it, that is the best. My co-workers were always there to help answer any question you might have....very supportive. The most difficult aspect of the job was learning all the chemicals in paper making, but the engineers do work with you. the most enjoyable part of the job is the feeling of satisfaction you get when finally reach the end of the day and look forward to coming back tomorrow.
Pros
You were alwasy taken care of--lots of free lunches
Cons
Needs more technical training
A Day In The Life
Quality Assurance Manager / ESHA manager (Current Employee) –  Colton CAOctober 8, 2015
Typical day revolves around resolving Quality issues, Customer issues, new material coordination, safety & environmental training & programs. Auditing on Quality, Safety & Environmental. New product/project communications with project teams.
Pros
Mostly good environment at local level. Free coffee.
Cons
Lack of personnel suport.
We work hard, but play just as hard as we work.
Customer Care Representative (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJanuary 2, 2015
Management is accessible and approachable. They're also heavily involved in the day to day operations of the company.
Going thru alot of changes
Operations Manager West (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CASeptember 24, 2014
Great company to work for a lot of changes in the SW is causing a lot of people being let go. Management needs to look at who they are letting go they are losing good people.
Lack of Integrity
Manager (Former Employee) –  USAAugust 15, 2012
Clariants upper level management lacks integrity and ethics.
Professional Leadership and good people
Production Supervisor Masterbatches Business (Current Employee) –  Albion, MIJanuary 6, 2015
Leadership knowledge is good, good training and understanding of personal motivation . Clean safe working conditions, with a focus on family.
Pros
friendly people
Cons
83 miles from my home in fort wayne indiana
Safety,Attendance, Production
Shipping (Former Employee) –  Belen, NMFebruary 1, 2015
Show up on time, think positive, be productive,think safety for you and your coworkers,put 100% effort in your job.Respect of coworker and the company,

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Clariant. Our community is ready to answer.