Clarins Employee Reviews

love this company
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Central Valley, NYApril 12, 2017
Excellent company. Feel valued. Family owned. I feel that this a company that I can grow with either stay in the retail side or move over to the corporate side of things.
Pros
great benefits and pay.
educative job
Beauty Advisor (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 15, 2017
Teaches you tons of skin care routines and benefits. Focused on employee knowledge to promote sales. It is still a sales orientated job so that pressure will be there. Overall, fun.
Pros
educational
Cons
competitive
care about their employees
Business Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 11, 2017
* Manage a team of 6
* Trainings - product knowledge, business analytics, payroll & commissions, scheduling of employees, Coaching, succession planning
* Workplace Culture - people first - a happy excited team produces results
* Hardest part of the job - holding team accountable
* Most enjoyable part of the job - coaching and development of team
Pros
gratis
Cons
contiual change of management
fun enviorment
Cosmetic Manager (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCDecember 4, 2016
working in department stores doing customer service, sales, make-up and skin care main focus for clients. also inventory, training new staff on new improved selling techniques.
Pros
tree training and schooling
Cons
high turn over rate
Great products
Esthetician (Former Employee) –  CAOctober 5, 2016
Great techniques and product line. The company does a lot of research on the products it puts out. Company has a lot of loyal customers all over the world.
Looks can be deceiving
Beauty Consultant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 22, 2016
A typical work day is running behind customers trying to get them to sit down try products and buy. They say teamwork but you are not allowed to speak to collegues or anyone else in the store. If you are caught talking, someone will text message the Account Executive and you get reprimanded by a phone or text
Pros
Great Pay and Free Product
Cons
Do as I say not as I do, Anti comraderie, Favortism
Clarins
Counter Manager/Beauty Advisor (Current Employee) –  Midland, MIAugust 11, 2016
Clarins is a wonderful company to work for. I enjoy empowering women to look and feel beautiful no matter what their age.
Great place and great company
Beauty Consultant (Former Employee) –  SwitzerlandAugust 8, 2016
. Great company for those who likes to get great commission. its hard to grow but at list you can try...They always respected me and telling how great job i was doing. As a ci
Pros
free products, Great commission
Cons
No chanse to grow if you don't know French
Beautiful Skincare
Account Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 4, 2016
A typical day at work is running behind customers asking them to try our skincare. The expectation is that you call your family and friends , customers basically go door to door or business to business and have an outsource event to sell Clarins skincare. Had to report hourly how many people you sat down, how many were new, what did they buy, average unit sale, items per transactions etc. Best part of the job making women happy and look beautiful. The hardest part of the job is chasing customers down to sit and watching those in charge run the business with do as I say not as I do attitude.
Pros
Allowance for Product/ Beautiful Skincare
Cons
Favortisim, several complaints on bosses favorite leading to high turnover
Excellent organization.
Director of Supply Chain & Logistics (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMay 18, 2016
First class organization!! Great products and fantastic people. Great benefits. Long hours at times but not outside the norm.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
None.
Fast and dynamic working environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Cabazon, CAApril 7, 2016
. Commission based to meet monthly goal
. Provide customer services
. Provide professional knowledge on products to customers
enjoyed making new friends and great pay
Freelance Fragrance Consultant (Current Employee) –  Honolulu, HIFebruary 21, 2016
learned about product quality and company goals and expectations. had a wonderful Christmas party at my managers home and had a great time making awesome friends.
Pros
pay and work atmosphere
Cons
on-call
There are better beauty companies out there
Designer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 1, 2015
Not what it used to be.
Management has changed - so have the people.
No work life balance. Everyone wears multiple hats.
Not a beautiful place.
Model/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 28, 2015
Fast-paced workplace, good for individuals interested in sales. The hours are fine, work schedule is not so definite. My boss had given me random dates to work as well as switched up my dates sometimes. However, the communication was excellent and my boss always kept in touch.
Cons
No lunch break, work completely alone
Good Company
Skin Care Specialist (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 24, 2015
This company has excellent products and is family owned. Their product has been consistent throughout the years and they constantly improve them.. I have held various positions within the company and they strive to be consistent. Education provided is excellent.
Nice work environment, lots of perks
Sr. Payroll Specialist (Former Employee) –  Orangeburg, NYMarch 22, 2015
Great place to work, Team oriented, easy going and employees are recognized and rewarded for their hard work. Managers do not micro manage and they are open to new ideas and self expression. I would recommend this company to anyone that wants to work in a progressive, supportive and warm environment.
Pros
Lots of great products
productive work place
Retai Sales Cordinator (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 11, 2015
I enjoyed working for Clarins USA because the people were nice and i enjoyed inter-mingling with different people. The management worked with us and made sure we had whatever we needed.The hardest part of this job was to make sure i made my goal.The most enjoyable part was producing high sales.
Pros
we had lunch breaks and were taken out on occasion.
Cons
being that we were part time we had a 20 minute break
Fast paced environment
Fragrance Specialist/Promotional work (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 31, 2015
I've learned to manage different personalities, the members absolutely made my job fun. I was hard to say goodbye at the end of the season.
Pros
Co-workers and members
Cons
Seasonal work
Lack of training, communicaiton and overall professionalism.
CSR (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 17, 2015
I can only speak for the Chicago market and the payroll department at the corporate office. This was most certainty the worst professional experience I've had due to lack of leadership, training and communication from Account Executive and her direct supervisor. There were some bizarre hiring decisions made that negatively affected the team and the overall moral. New hire paperwork was never put through leading to employees not getting paid for one month (or more in some cases). Payroll was not helpful or proactive in getting employees paid once this was presented to them and refused to overnight paychecks despite the many request and urgency of situation.

There were many promises made for new hire training but essentially associates were simply thrown in and asked "to wing it" because it wasn't rocket science. There were no product manuals or price list provided and none available at the counters to review prior to speaking with clients. When executives came to the locations they seemed to just gather in groups to chat but provided no training or guidance. All of their conversations with the team were centered around "sale, sale, sale" and goals were constantly at the forefront. I'm a firm believer in lead by example and felt the executives rarely, if ever assisted with the overall sales or success of their respective teams. Even the national trainer stood around and seemed to just gossip about the sales team rather than get his hands dirty and allow us to observe his "amazing sales techniques" or application style. In my previous positions the executives and trainers
  more... were considered the rock stars when they visited the locations, and truly mentored the team by getting on the floor themselves and producing. I'm certain the executives have a lot of corporate reports and responsibilities to deal with but ultimately the company can not flourish without education and ultimately sales.

The communication was almost non existent and there was always blame placed on the executives that were previously terminated. And the worst part was the highly aggressive recruiting tactics that were expected which were openly mocked by the other counters as well as potential clients. I unfortunately witnessed shoppers getting followed and harassed after stating "not interested" numerous times which gives the overall appearance of desperation for the brand. Surely a company of this caliber can devise a sales and marketing strategy that doesn't solely rely on badgering shoppers while they are in the location.
Pros
Descent compensation and benefits, generous gratis
Cons
Everything I mentioned in the above review
Fun environment in beauty & skincare
Account Development Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 23, 2014
This is a fun environment.
The hardest part of the job are the hours on your feet.
The most enjoyable part of the job is the ability to connect with people.
Pros
Clarins is a high quality product.
Cons
It is sold within the retail environment.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Clarins. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval