Clarins

Clarins Employer Reviews

Fun environment in beauty & skincare
Account Development Specialist (Former Employee), Chicago, ILSeptember 23, 2014
Pros: clarins is a high quality product.
Cons: it is sold within the retail environment.
This is a fun environment.
The hardest part of the job are the hours on your feet.
The most enjoyable part of the job is the ability to connect with people.
Loved sharing Clarins, great company, great product.
Business Manager (Former Employee), Overland Park, KSMay 7, 2014
Pros: training, great people to work with, great customers.
Cons: long commute.
Clarins was a great experience for me. Use the product to this day.
Great everyday. So far the experience has been great and gives additonal skills that i can use everyday and not just at work.
Business Manager (Current Employee), Washington, DCJanuary 27, 2014
Pros: free product
Cons: long holiday hours
Typical day is based on the amount of money needed to achieve weekly numbers. I learned and continue to express coaching ideas to counter.
Hardest part of my job is gaining new clientele and having them trust that the product is the best on the market.
The most enjoyable part of my job is the effort and the smiles on the womans faces when they become – more... a part of your company. – less
I enjoy learning new products and presenting them to the team and customer.
Part Time Vendor (Current Employee), McLean, VAAugust 27, 2013
Pros: flexable hours.
I am a seasonal vendor for Clarins Group. I am responsible and enjoy building a strong relationship with the store staff to help achieve and maximize their productivity in sales. I keep my self up to date with new merchandise, and inform and motivate the sales team of any current or upcoming events with in our products.
I enjoy meeting new clients and – more... building loyal bond with them. – less
Acct Development Specialist
Account Development Specialist (Former Employee), FLJune 18, 2013
Acct Execs rely heavily on ADS for doing their job... My old AE never stepped foot into a store except when she had to meet the higher ups.... The rest of the time, her fleet of ADSs would scatter in a frenzy whereever the market was failing...Like Mighty Mouse...to save the day.... Expectation far exceeds the experience.... And is definitely not a – more... GLAM job by any means. Clarins USA is failing miserably in its attempt to conduct business in the same light as Jacques Courtin Clarins' vision. Management and corporate create a very defeatist attitude on the front line. They create an impossible numbers game along with daily edits to scheduling. For goodness sake, don't give them any ideas or feedback!!! – less
Great product...unrealistic goals
Account Development Specialist (Former Employee), Dallas, TXApril 1, 2013
The product is one of my all time favorites and I loved being a rep for them. But, the goals set in place by management who never worked this market are impossible to reach. The constant feeling of failure was to much to take. The was not much guidence or new ideas from above when the same old techniques did not work. However, love and belief in the – more... product kept me there and trying to push thru. – less
dropped me like a hot potato
Trainer/Educator/Account Executive (Former Employee), Southeastern MassJanuary 8, 2013
Cons: bad managers and horrific job with managing events, time management and utilizing talents that they had in their people.
I earned them A LOT of money, created a program event that was actually used INTERNATIONALLY-and literally-my position was changed-they put me through the charade of an interview-and all the while had someone else already hired. I went to work every day with a smile on my face, and was treated VERY poorly. BAD company to work for.
Overall summary
Retail Manager (Former Employee), Brea, CANovember 22, 2012
Pros: free cosmetics, great training, great products!
Cons: luxury lines are almost impossible to sell. too many returns.
Clarins is a dying breed. Great products, but packaging and advertising is horrible. Really wonderful products and research. American know nothing about how great this line is. Too bad they will not step into this century because they could be number one!
The economy may take this line down. But in Europe this line is number one. All the products are – more... great. Esp the body products. They really work! Make up is not one of their strengths. Americans prefer to cover their problem skin. European women take care of their skin and are happy to show it off with less make up. They need a great commercial or celebrity to shoot this line to the top. – less
High Overturn
retail sales associate (Former Employee), 10028September 20, 2012
Pros: free products and samples, pay well, some clients are friendly
Cons: very short breaks or no breaks, work you to the core, racist manager
It's a great company, if you don't mind not having a steady schedule. This is not an environment for single mothers or pregnant woman, because so much is expected of you. It's rare you get a weekend off, usually the managers reserves those days for themselves. They do prefer to hire non-blacks or people who are not too ethnic-afro looking.
Average workplace , nice location
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee), New York, NYSeptember 11, 2012
Pros: free cosmetics
Cons: mean staff
Mail , supplies and errands to the bank. Change toner in copiers and loaded paper.
high demanding work environment with very little growth
ACCOUNT DEVELOPMENT SPECIALIST (Current Employee), New York, NYAugust 27, 2012
Pros: benefits/401k, great products
Cons: bad management, dishonest employees, no growth
This is a retail job, you will be on your feet most of the time and will not get the respect you deserve from the doors you go to. The company does not care about your opinions, so if you are looking for growth this is not the position you want to get into. Also work can become very demotivating when you work with people who are only out to get customers' – more... money, and not truly listen to what customers' needs are. It's a shame that the culture has come to this! Please hire articulate individuals who represent the brand better!

Some co-workers are excellent to work with, but majority are very dishonest and gossipy. Overall, most of my co-workers are not happy with this position. – less
I like the products and the clients are awesome!
Product Manager Per Diem (Former Employee), New York, NYMay 17, 2012
Pros: travel, meet people, work with great products, different retailers offer product
Cons: counter managers eccentric, unclean counters, foundation not available for every complexion, unstable schedule, schedule may change at the last minute.
I believe that there should be potential to grow with the company as you consistently create sales, as I did. However, this company did not allow a chance for stability. I enjoyed the clientele and also the organic products used in some of their product ingredients. The hardest part of the job is when the retail doors don't book enough appointments. – more... I learned that you have keep yourself progressing because the leadership does not give you a chance to work and prove yourself and also, your schedule may change at the very last minute so you can not depend on any set schedule. – less
hard working and versatile
cosmetic consultant and sales (Current Employee), Cape Town, WCSeptember 26, 2014
A typical day involves mainly dealing with clients that is attending to their needs.I have acquired a number of skills that include computer skills,management and sales.I am a team player and therefore work well with my collegues.The difficult part is dealing with clients that in breach of their contractual obligations and do not understand it.I get – more... the thrill from satisfying my clients. – less
Very Enjoyable Role
Beauty Therapist (Former Employee), Birmingham, ENGAugust 19, 2014
Pros: staff allocations (products)
Carry out various beauty treatments and providing after care for customers
A chance to put the skills I gained at college into use in a high traffic beauty department
Fantastic close knit team, always reliable and helpful
Great
SKINCARE SPECIALIST (Former Employee), london, milton keynesJuly 23, 2014
Pros: great staff allocation of products
Great company to develop customer service skills and gain exposure to different levels of management, hardest part of the job is the company had a high turnover and many postitions went unfilled for a long time.
Workplace with best practices
Assistant Product Manager (Former Employee), Neuilly-sur-SeineJune 24, 2013
I improved my analytical abilities and my attention to details with analysis of market performance in terms of sales, market shares, and evolution.
I developed my entrepreunarial mindset seeking free market opportunities, practising market intelligence: analysis of competitors in terms of product offers and price positioning, seeking new market trends, – more... writing newsletter with key strategic market informations.
I improved my creative skills conceiving mood boards and participating to new product development.

I worked with different interlocutors such as Laboratory, agencies, suppliers, area managers so I am used to involve in a teamwork and I have developed my communication skills.

I am very interested in analysis market performance because I think it is essential to perfectly know competitors and business eco-system in order to have a good time-to-market approach in product development.
I am keen on prospective brainstorming. – less
Fun
Receptionist (Former Employee), Gauteng:JohannesburgFebruary 14, 2013
I have enjoyed anwering calls talking to different clients over the phone the hard times is when talking to difficults clients
Productive and motivating work enviorment
Cosmetic Coordinator & Team Manager (Current Employee), Paris, A8June 26, 2012
Managing and running 7 accounts. Leading by example to drive a cosmetic business. Performing facials and makeup artistry for 9 pluss years .
Ambiente activo y equilibrado.
Masajista-Esteticista (Former Employee), MéxicoMay 31, 2014
Pros: prestaciones superiores a las de la ley, comisiones y ambiente.
Cons: visitas externas de algunos compañeros que no eran muy agradables.
Los días eran fructíferos y pasaban muy rapido; tenía todas las herramientas para desenvolverme y hacer mas fácil el cierre de venta, ambiente laboral bueno, empresa dedicada, colegas y directivos comprometidos.
Conseillère Beauté
Conseillère Beauté (Current Employee), Saint-Bruno-de-Montarville, QCMarch 27, 2014
Pros: etre très bien traiter
Cons: etre à commission
Maquiller, conseiller, vendre, faire des soins faciaux aux clientes qui passent en magasin.
Avoir un suivi constant avec la représentante.
Etre à commision.
Avoir la satisfaction d'avoir aider la clientèle.

About Clarins

Clarins was inspired by founder Jacques Courtin-Clarins’ love and respect for women’s beauty. As a medical student – Read more

Clarins Photos