Clarins Employee Reviews

Looks can be deceiving
Beauty Consultant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 22, 2016
A typical work day is running behind customers trying to get them to sit down try products and buy. They say teamwork but you are not allowed to speak to collegues or anyone else in the store. If you are caught talking, someone will text message the Account Executive and you get reprimanded by a phone or text
Pros
Great Pay and Free Product
Cons
Do as I say not as I do, Anti comraderie, Favortism
Beautiful Skincare
Account Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 4, 2016
A typical day at work is running behind customers asking them to try our skincare. The expectation is that you call your family and friends , customers basically go door to door or business to business and have an outsource event to sell Clarins skincare. Had to report hourly how many people you sat down, how many were new, what did they buy, average unit sale, items per transactions etc. Best part of the job making women happy and look beautiful. The hardest part of the job is chasing customers down to sit and watching those in charge run the business with do as I say not as I do attitude.
Pros
Allowance for Product/ Beautiful Skincare
Cons
Favortisim, several complaints on bosses favorite leading to high turnover
fun enviorment
Cosmetic Manager (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCDecember 4, 2016
working in department stores doing customer service, sales, make-up and skin care main focus for clients. also inventory, training new staff on new improved selling techniques.
Pros
tree training and schooling
Cons
high turn over rate
Great place and great company
Beauty Consultant (Former Employee) –  SwitzerlandAugust 8, 2016
. Great company for those who likes to get great commission. its hard to grow but at list you can try...They always respected me and telling how great job i was doing. As a ci
Pros
free products, Great commission
Cons
No chanse to grow if you don't know French
Great products
Esthetician (Former Employee) –  CAOctober 5, 2016
Great techniques and product line. The company does a lot of research on the products it puts out. Company has a lot of loyal customers all over the world.
Clarins
Counter Manager/Beauty Advisor (Current Employee) –  Midland, MIAugust 11, 2016
Clarins is a wonderful company to work for. I enjoy empowering women to look and feel beautiful no matter what their age.
Excellent organization.
Director of Supply Chain & Logistics (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMay 18, 2016
First class organization!! Great products and fantastic people. Great benefits. Long hours at times but not outside the norm.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
None.
enjoyed making new friends and great pay
Freelance Fragrance Consultant (Current Employee) –  Honolulu, HIFebruary 21, 2016
learned about product quality and company goals and expectations. had a wonderful Christmas party at my managers home and had a great time making awesome friends.
Pros
pay and work atmosphere
Cons
on-call
Fast and dynamic working environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Cabazon, CAApril 7, 2016
. Commission based to meet monthly goal
. Provide customer services
. Provide professional knowledge on products to customers
productive work place
Retai Sales Cordinator (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 11, 2015
I enjoyed working for Clarins USA because the people were nice and i enjoyed inter-mingling with different people. The management worked with us and made sure we had whatever we needed.The hardest part of this job was to make sure i made my goal.The most enjoyable part was producing high sales.
Pros
we had lunch breaks and were taken out on occasion.
Cons
being that we were part time we had a 20 minute break
Model/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 28, 2015
Fast-paced workplace, good for individuals interested in sales. The hours are fine, work schedule is not so definite. My boss had given me random dates to work as well as switched up my dates sometimes. However, the communication was excellent and my boss always kept in touch.
Cons
No lunch break, work completely alone
Nice work environment, lots of perks
Sr. Payroll Specialist (Former Employee) –  Orangeburg, NYMarch 22, 2015
Great place to work, Team oriented, easy going and employees are recognized and rewarded for their hard work. Managers do not micro manage and they are open to new ideas and self expression. I would recommend this company to anyone that wants to work in a progressive, supportive and warm environment.
Pros
Lots of great products
Cons
Great everyday. So far the experience has been great and gives additonal skills that i can use everyday and not just at work.
Business Manager (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJanuary 27, 2014
Typical day is based on the amount of money needed to achieve weekly numbers. I learned and continue to express coaching ideas to counter.
Hardest part of my job is gaining new clientele and having them trust that the product is the best on the market.
The most enjoyable part of my job is the effort and the smiles on the womans faces when they become a part of your company.
Pros
Free Product
Cons
Long holiday hours
ACCOUNT DEVELOPMENT SPECIALIST no advancement
MARKET ADS (Former Employee) –  NYC, NJJanuary 16, 2013
Company has decent products, basically the French cousin to Estee Lauder. Very corporate and lots of politics, this requires lots of brown nosing! Def not a strategic move if you are trying to climb the corporate ladder, this is a position that is constantly open because it is basically a glorified freelancer as well as cpunter help. The hiring manager sells it as a coordinator role, IT IS NOT. They give you a bunch of junk to haul around because you are a real life selling puppet.
Pros
benefits day 1
Cons
no work/life balance, travel outside of territory you are hired for, no bonus but event goals must be met, no initial training until convenient for them.
High Overturn
retail sales associate (Former Employee) –  10028September 20, 2012
It's a great company, if you don't mind not having a steady schedule. This is not an environment for single mothers or pregnant woman, because so much is expected of you. It's rare you get a weekend off, usually the managers reserves those days for themselves. They do prefer to hire non-blacks or people who are not too ethnic-afro looking.
Pros
free products and samples, pay well, some clients are friendly
Cons
very short breaks or no breaks, work you to the core, racist manager
dropped me like a hot potato
Trainer/Educator/Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Southeastern MassJanuary 8, 2013
I earned them A LOT of money, created a program event that was actually used INTERNATIONALLY-and literally-my position was changed-they put me through the charade of an interview-and all the while had someone else already hired. I went to work every day with a smile on my face, and was treated VERY poorly. BAD company to work for.
Cons
bad managers and horrific job with managing events, time management and utilizing talents that they had in their people.
I enjoy learning new products and presenting them to the team and customer.
Part Time Vendor (Current Employee) –  McLean, VAAugust 27, 2013
I am a seasonal vendor for Clarins Group. I am responsible and enjoy building a strong relationship with the store staff to help achieve and maximize their productivity in sales. I keep my self up to date with new merchandise, and inform and motivate the sales team of any current or upcoming events with in our products.
I enjoy meeting new clients and building loyal bond with them.
Pros
Flexable hours.
Acct Development Specialist
Account Development Specialist (Former Employee) –  FLJune 18, 2013
Acct Execs rely heavily on ADS for doing their job... My old AE never stepped foot into a store except when she had to meet the higher ups.... The rest of the time, her fleet of ADSs would scatter in a frenzy whereever the market was failing...Like Mighty Mouse...to save the day.... Expectation far exceeds the experience.... And is definitely not a GLAM job by any means. Clarins USA is failing miserably in its attempt to conduct business in the same light as Jacques Courtin Clarins' vision. Management and corporate create a very defeatist attitude on the front line. They create an impossible numbers game along with daily edits to scheduling. For goodness sake, don't give them any ideas or feedback!!!
Overall summary
Retail Manager (Former Employee) –  Brea, CANovember 22, 2012
Clarins is a dying breed. Great products, but packaging and advertising is horrible. Really wonderful products and research. American know nothing about how great this line is. Too bad they will not step into this century because they could be number one!
The economy may take this line down. But in Europe this line is number one. All the products are great. Esp the body products. They really work! Make up is not one of their strengths. Americans prefer to cover their problem skin. European women take care of their skin and are happy to show it off with less make up. They need a great commercial or celebrity to shoot this line to the top.
Pros
free cosmetics, great training, great products!
Cons
luxury lines are almost impossible to sell. too many returns.
high demanding work environment with very little growth
ACCOUNT DEVELOPMENT SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 27, 2012
This is a retail job, you will be on your feet most of the time and will not get the respect you deserve from the doors you go to. The company does not care about your opinions, so if you are looking for growth this is not the position you want to get into. Also work can become very demotivating when you work with people who are only out to get customers' money, and not truly listen to what customers' needs are. It's a shame that the culture has come to this! Please hire articulate individuals who represent the brand better!

Some co-workers are excellent to work with, but majority are very dishonest and gossipy. Overall, most of my co-workers are not happy with this position.
Pros
benefits/401k, great products
Cons
bad management, dishonest employees, no growth

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Clarins. Our community is ready to answer.