Clarins

Clarins United States Employee Reviews

Nice work environment, lots of perks
Sr. Payroll Specialist (Former Employee), Orangeburg, NYMarch 22, 2015
Pros: lots of great products
Great place to work, Team oriented, easy going and employees are recognized and rewarded for their hard work. Managers do not micro manage and they are open to new ideas and self expression. I would recommend this company to anyone that wants to work in a progressive, supportive and warm environment.
productive work place
Retai Sales Cordinator (Former Employee), Chicago, ILFebruary 11, 2015
Pros: we had lunch breaks and were taken out on occasion.
Cons: being that we were part time we had a 20 minute break
I enjoyed working for Clarins USA because the people were nice and i enjoyed inter-mingling with different people. The management worked with us and made sure we had whatever we needed.The hardest part of this job was to make sure i made my goal.The most enjoyable part was producing high sales.
Fast paced environment
Fragrance Specialist/Promotional work (Current Employee), New York, NYJanuary 31, 2015
Pros: co-workers and members
Cons: seasonal work
I've learned to manage different personalities, the members absolutely made my job fun. I was hard to say goodbye at the end of the season.
Lack of training, communicaiton and overall professionalism.
CSR (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJanuary 17, 2015
Pros: descent compensation and benefits, generous gratis
Cons: everything i mentioned in the above review
I can only speak for the Chicago market and the payroll department at the corporate office. This was most certainty the worst professional experience I've had due to lack of leadership, training and communication from Account Executive and her direct supervisor. There were some bizarre hiring decisions made that negatively affected the team and the overall moral. New hire paperwork was never put through leading to employees not getting paid for one month (or more in some cases). Payroll was not helpful or proactive in getting employees paid once this was presented to them and refused to overnight paychecks despite the many request and urgency of situation.

There were many promises made for new hire training but essentially associates were simply thrown in and asked "to wing it" because it wasn't rocket science. There were no product manuals or price list provided and none available at the counters to review prior to speaking with clients. When executives came to the locations they seemed to just gather in groups to chat but provided no training or guidance. All of their conversations with the team were centered around "sale, sale, sale" and goals were constantly at the forefront. I'm a firm believer in lead by example and felt the executives rarely, if ever assisted with the overall sales or success of their respective teams. Even the national trainer stood around and seemed to just gossip about the sales team rather than get his hands dirty and allow us to observe his "amazing sales techniques" or application style. In my previous positions the executives and trainers were – more... considered the rock stars when they visited the locations, and truly mentored the team by getting on the floor themselves and producing. I'm certain the executives have a lot of corporate reports and responsibilities to deal with but ultimately the company can not flourish without education and ultimately sales.

The communication was almost non existent and there was always blame placed on the executives that were previously terminated. And the worst part was the highly aggressive recruiting tactics that were expected which were openly mocked by the other counters as well as potential clients. I unfortunately witnessed shoppers getting followed and harassed after stating "not interested" numerous times which gives the overall appearance of desperation for the brand. Surely a company of this caliber can devise a sales and marketing strategy that doesn't solely rely on badgering shoppers while they are in the location. – less
Fun environment in beauty & skincare
Account Development Specialist (Former Employee), Chicago, ILSeptember 23, 2014
Pros: clarins is a high quality product.
Cons: it is sold within the retail environment.
This is a fun environment.
The hardest part of the job are the hours on your feet.
The most enjoyable part of the job is the ability to connect with people.
Loved sharing Clarins, great company, great product.
Business Manager (Former Employee), Overland Park, KSMay 7, 2014
Pros: training, great people to work with, great customers.
Cons: long commute.
Clarins was a great experience for me. Use the product to this day.
Great everyday. So far the experience has been great and gives additonal skills that i can use everyday and not just at work.
Business Manager (Current Employee), Washington, DCJanuary 27, 2014
Pros: free product
Cons: long holiday hours
Typical day is based on the amount of money needed to achieve weekly numbers. I learned and continue to express coaching ideas to counter.
Hardest part of my job is gaining new clientele and having them trust that the product is the best on the market.
The most enjoyable part of my job is the effort and the smiles on the womans faces when they become a part of your company.
I enjoy learning new products and presenting them to the team and customer.
Part Time Vendor (Current Employee), McLean, VAAugust 27, 2013
Pros: flexable hours.
I am a seasonal vendor for Clarins Group. I am responsible and enjoy building a strong relationship with the store staff to help achieve and maximize their productivity in sales. I keep my self up to date with new merchandise, and inform and motivate the sales team of any current or upcoming events with in our products.
I enjoy meeting new clients and building loyal bond with them.
Acct Development Specialist
Account Development Specialist (Former Employee), FLJune 18, 2013
Acct Execs rely heavily on ADS for doing their job... My old AE never stepped foot into a store except when she had to meet the higher ups.... The rest of the time, her fleet of ADSs would scatter in a frenzy whereever the market was failing...Like Mighty Mouse...to save the day.... Expectation far exceeds the experience.... And is definitely not a GLAM job by any means. Clarins USA is failing miserably in its attempt to conduct business in the same light as Jacques Courtin Clarins' vision. Management and corporate create a very defeatist attitude on the front line. They create an impossible numbers game along with daily edits to scheduling. For goodness sake, don't give them any ideas or feedback!!!
Great product...unrealistic goals
Account Development Specialist (Former Employee), Dallas, TXApril 1, 2013
The product is one of my all time favorites and I loved being a rep for them. But, the goals set in place by management who never worked this market are impossible to reach. The constant feeling of failure was to much to take. The was not much guidence or new ideas from above when the same old techniques did not work. However, love and belief in the product kept me there and trying to push thru.
ACCOUNT DEVELOPMENT SPECIALIST no advancement
MARKET ADS (Former Employee), NYC, NJJanuary 16, 2013
Pros: benefits day 1
Cons: no work/life balance, travel outside of territory you are hired for, no bonus but event goals must be met, no initial training until convenient for them.
Company has decent products, basically the French cousin to Estee Lauder. Very corporate and lots of politics, this requires lots of brown nosing! Def not a strategic move if you are trying to climb the corporate ladder, this is a position that is constantly open because it is basically a glorified freelancer as well as cpunter help. The hiring manager sells it as a coordinator role, IT IS NOT. They give you a bunch of junk to haul around because you are a real life selling puppet.
dropped me like a hot potato
Trainer/Educator/Account Executive (Former Employee), Southeastern MassJanuary 8, 2013
Cons: bad managers and horrific job with managing events, time management and utilizing talents that they had in their people.
I earned them A LOT of money, created a program event that was actually used INTERNATIONALLY-and literally-my position was changed-they put me through the charade of an interview-and all the while had someone else already hired. I went to work every day with a smile on my face, and was treated VERY poorly. BAD company to work for.
Overall summary
Retail Manager (Former Employee), Brea, CANovember 22, 2012
Pros: free cosmetics, great training, great products!
Cons: luxury lines are almost impossible to sell. too many returns.
Clarins is a dying breed. Great products, but packaging and advertising is horrible. Really wonderful products and research. American know nothing about how great this line is. Too bad they will not step into this century because they could be number one!
The economy may take this line down. But in Europe this line is number one. All the products are great. Esp the body products. They really work! Make up is not one of their strengths. Americans prefer to cover their problem skin. European women take care of their skin and are happy to show it off with less make up. They need a great commercial or celebrity to shoot this line to the top.
High Overturn
retail sales associate (Former Employee), 10028September 20, 2012
Pros: free products and samples, pay well, some clients are friendly
Cons: very short breaks or no breaks, work you to the core, racist manager
It's a great company, if you don't mind not having a steady schedule. This is not an environment for single mothers or pregnant woman, because so much is expected of you. It's rare you get a weekend off, usually the managers reserves those days for themselves. They do prefer to hire non-blacks or people who are not too ethnic-afro looking.
Average workplace , nice location
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee), New York, NYSeptember 11, 2012
Pros: free cosmetics
Cons: mean staff
Mail , supplies and errands to the bank. Change toner in copiers and loaded paper.
high demanding work environment with very little growth
ACCOUNT DEVELOPMENT SPECIALIST (Current Employee), New York, NYAugust 27, 2012
Pros: benefits/401k, great products
Cons: bad management, dishonest employees, no growth
This is a retail job, you will be on your feet most of the time and will not get the respect you deserve from the doors you go to. The company does not care about your opinions, so if you are looking for growth this is not the position you want to get into. Also work can become very demotivating when you work with people who are only out to get customers' money, and not truly listen to what customers' needs are. It's a shame that the culture has come to this! Please hire articulate individuals who represent the brand better!

Some co-workers are excellent to work with, but majority are very dishonest and gossipy. Overall, most of my co-workers are not happy with this position.
I like the products and the clients are awesome!
Product Manager Per Diem (Former Employee), New York, NYMay 17, 2012
Pros: travel, meet people, work with great products, different retailers offer product
Cons: counter managers eccentric, unclean counters, foundation not available for every complexion, unstable schedule, schedule may change at the last minute.
I believe that there should be potential to grow with the company as you consistently create sales, as I did. However, this company did not allow a chance for stability. I enjoyed the clientele and also the organic products used in some of their product ingredients. The hardest part of the job is when the retail doors don't book enough appointments. I learned that you have keep yourself progressing because the leadership does not give you a chance to work and prove yourself and also, your schedule may change at the very last minute so you can not depend on any set schedule.

About Clarins

Clarins was inspired by founder Jacques Courtin-Clarins’ love and respect for women’s beauty. As a medical student – Read more

Clarins Photos