Clarins Employee Reviews in United States

Excellent organization.
Director of Supply Chain & Logistics (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMay 18, 2016
First class organization!! Great products and fantastic people. Great benefits. Long hours at times but not outside the norm.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
None.
Fast and dynamic working environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Cabazon, CAApril 7, 2016
. Commission based to meet monthly goal
. Provide customer services
. Provide professional knowledge on products to customers
enjoyed making new friends and great pay
Freelance Fragrance Consultant (Current Employee) –  Honolulu, HIFebruary 21, 2016
learned about product quality and company goals and expectations. had a wonderful Christmas party at my managers home and had a great time making awesome friends.
Pros
pay and work atmosphere
Cons
on-call
There are better beauty companies out there
Designer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 1, 2015
Not what it used to be.
Management has changed - so have the people.
No work life balance. Everyone wears multiple hats.
Not a beautiful place.
Model/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 28, 2015
Fast-paced workplace, good for individuals interested in sales. The hours are fine, work schedule is not so definite. My boss had given me random dates to work as well as switched up my dates sometimes. However, the communication was excellent and my boss always kept in touch.
Cons
No lunch break, work completely alone
Good Company
Skin Care Specialist (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 24, 2015
This company has excellent products and is family owned. Their product has been consistent throughout the years and they constantly improve them.. I have held various positions within the company and they strive to be consistent. Education provided is excellent.
Nice work environment, lots of perks
Sr. Payroll Specialist (Former Employee) –  Orangeburg, NYMarch 22, 2015
Great place to work, Team oriented, easy going and employees are recognized and rewarded for their hard work. Managers do not micro manage and they are open to new ideas and self expression. I would recommend this company to anyone that wants to work in a progressive, supportive and warm environment.
Pros
lots of great products
productive work place
Retai Sales Cordinator (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 11, 2015
I enjoyed working for Clarins USA because the people were nice and i enjoyed inter-mingling with different people. The management worked with us and made sure we had whatever we needed.The hardest part of this job was to make sure i made my goal.The most enjoyable part was producing high sales.
Pros
we had lunch breaks and were taken out on occasion.
Cons
being that we were part time we had a 20 minute break
Fast paced environment
Fragrance Specialist/Promotional work (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 31, 2015
I've learned to manage different personalities, the members absolutely made my job fun. I was hard to say goodbye at the end of the season.
Pros
co-workers and members
Cons
seasonal work
Lack of training, communicaiton and overall professionalism.
CSR (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 17, 2015
I can only speak for the Chicago market and the payroll department at the corporate office. This was most certainty the worst professional experience I've had due to lack of leadership, training and communication from Account Executive and her direct supervisor. There were some bizarre hiring decisions made that negatively affected the team and the overall moral. New hire paperwork was never put through leading to employees not getting paid for one month (or more in some cases). Payroll was not helpful or proactive in getting employees paid once this was presented to them and refused to overnight paychecks despite the many request and urgency of situation.

There were many promises made for new hire training but essentially associates were simply thrown in and asked "to wing it" because it wasn't rocket science. There were no product manuals or price list provided and none available at the counters to review prior to speaking with clients. When executives came to the locations they seemed to just gather in groups to chat but provided no training or guidance. All of their conversations with the team were centered around "sale, sale, sale" and goals were constantly at the forefront. I'm a firm believer in lead by example and felt the executives rarely, if ever assisted with the overall sales or success of their respective teams. Even the national trainer stood around and seemed to just gossip about the sales team rather than get his hands dirty and allow us to observe his "amazing sales techniques" or application style. In my previous positions the executives and trainers were
  more... considered the rock stars when they visited the locations, and truly mentored the team by getting on the floor themselves and producing. I'm certain the executives have a lot of corporate reports and responsibilities to deal with but ultimately the company can not flourish without education and ultimately sales.

The communication was almost non existent and there was always blame placed on the executives that were previously terminated. And the worst part was the highly aggressive recruiting tactics that were expected which were openly mocked by the other counters as well as potential clients. I unfortunately witnessed shoppers getting followed and harassed after stating "not interested" numerous times which gives the overall appearance of desperation for the brand. Surely a company of this caliber can devise a sales and marketing strategy that doesn't solely rely on badgering shoppers while they are in the location.
Pros
descent compensation and benefits, generous gratis
Cons
everything i mentioned in the above review
Fun environment in beauty & skincare
Account Development Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 23, 2014
This is a fun environment.
The hardest part of the job are the hours on your feet.
The most enjoyable part of the job is the ability to connect with people.
Pros
clarins is a high quality product.
Cons
it is sold within the retail environment.
Loved sharing Clarins, great company, great product.
Business Manager (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSMay 7, 2014
Clarins was a great experience for me. Use the product to this day.
Pros
training, great people to work with, great customers.
Cons
long commute.
Great everyday. So far the experience has been great and gives additonal skills that i can use everyday and not just at work.
Business Manager (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJanuary 27, 2014
Typical day is based on the amount of money needed to achieve weekly numbers. I learned and continue to express coaching ideas to counter.
Hardest part of my job is gaining new clientele and having them trust that the product is the best on the market.
The most enjoyable part of my job is the effort and the smiles on the womans faces when they become a part of your company.
Pros
free product
Cons
long holiday hours
I enjoy learning new products and presenting them to the team and customer.
Part Time Vendor (Current Employee) –  McLean, VAAugust 27, 2013
I am a seasonal vendor for Clarins Group. I am responsible and enjoy building a strong relationship with the store staff to help achieve and maximize their productivity in sales. I keep my self up to date with new merchandise, and inform and motivate the sales team of any current or upcoming events with in our products.
I enjoy meeting new clients and building loyal bond with them.
Pros
flexable hours.
Acct Development Specialist
Account Development Specialist (Former Employee) –  FLJune 18, 2013
Acct Execs rely heavily on ADS for doing their job... My old AE never stepped foot into a store except when she had to meet the higher ups.... The rest of the time, her fleet of ADSs would scatter in a frenzy whereever the market was failing...Like Mighty Mouse...to save the day.... Expectation far exceeds the experience.... And is definitely not a GLAM job by any means. Clarins USA is failing miserably in its attempt to conduct business in the same light as Jacques Courtin Clarins' vision. Management and corporate create a very defeatist attitude on the front line. They create an impossible numbers game along with daily edits to scheduling. For goodness sake, don't give them any ideas or feedback!!!
Great product...unrealistic goals
Account Development Specialist (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 1, 2013
The product is one of my all time favorites and I loved being a rep for them. But, the goals set in place by management who never worked this market are impossible to reach. The constant feeling of failure was to much to take. The was not much guidence or new ideas from above when the same old techniques did not work. However, love and belief in the product kept me there and trying to push thru.
ACCOUNT DEVELOPMENT SPECIALIST no advancement
MARKET ADS (Former Employee) –  NYC, NJJanuary 16, 2013
Company has decent products, basically the French cousin to Estee Lauder. Very corporate and lots of politics, this requires lots of brown nosing! Def not a strategic move if you are trying to climb the corporate ladder, this is a position that is constantly open because it is basically a glorified freelancer as well as cpunter help. The hiring manager sells it as a coordinator role, IT IS NOT. They give you a bunch of junk to haul around because you are a real life selling puppet.
Pros
benefits day 1
Cons
no work/life balance, travel outside of territory you are hired for, no bonus but event goals must be met, no initial training until convenient for them.
dropped me like a hot potato
Trainer/Educator/Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Southeastern MassJanuary 8, 2013
I earned them A LOT of money, created a program event that was actually used INTERNATIONALLY-and literally-my position was changed-they put me through the charade of an interview-and all the while had someone else already hired. I went to work every day with a smile on my face, and was treated VERY poorly. BAD company to work for.
Cons
bad managers and horrific job with managing events, time management and utilizing talents that they had in their people.
Overall summary
Retail Manager (Former Employee) –  Brea, CANovember 22, 2012
Clarins is a dying breed. Great products, but packaging and advertising is horrible. Really wonderful products and research. American know nothing about how great this line is. Too bad they will not step into this century because they could be number one!
The economy may take this line down. But in Europe this line is number one. All the products are great. Esp the body products. They really work! Make up is not one of their strengths. Americans prefer to cover their problem skin. European women take care of their skin and are happy to show it off with less make up. They need a great commercial or celebrity to shoot this line to the top.
Pros
free cosmetics, great training, great products!
Cons
luxury lines are almost impossible to sell. too many returns.
High Overturn
retail sales associate (Former Employee) –  10028September 20, 2012
It's a great company, if you don't mind not having a steady schedule. This is not an environment for single mothers or pregnant woman, because so much is expected of you. It's rare you get a weekend off, usually the managers reserves those days for themselves. They do prefer to hire non-blacks or people who are not too ethnic-afro looking.
Pros
free products and samples, pay well, some clients are friendly
Cons
very short breaks or no breaks, work you to the core, racist manager