Clarion Psychiatric Center Employee Reviews

Always acute
RN (Former Employee) –  Clarion, PASeptember 11, 2017
Aggressive patients, under staffed, long hours, can be very rewarding at times. Always changing environment, never the same thing everyday. Team work is wonderful
Caring Field
Mental Health Technician (Current Employee) –  Clarion, PAMay 25, 2017
You definitely have a job where you are important to your patients and are needed. They typically need you to work often though, of course you can turn down shifts. Pay is a little lower than expected.
Cpc
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Clarion, PAFebruary 11, 2017
The Clarion Psychiatric Center was one of the best places I have ever had the pleasure of working for. The staff is like family, management will work with you with whatever you need, and the benefits were really good. I left CPC due to personal reasons but do recommend to anyone I meet.
Pros
Amazing co-workers and lots of PTO
Cons
The demand of the job itself, it can be very demanding and trying.
Seemed like a good employer.
Social Work Intern (Former Employee) –  Clarion, PAJanuary 12, 2017
This is a fast paced industry. I learned a lot from my instructor but there was much more to learn. The work done here was entirely different than previous social work I have done so that slowed me down a little. Everyone seemed to like working there and most of the employees were helpful to me when I had questions. The hardest part of the internship was the fact that it was a lock down facility. I knew this going in and did not expect it to bother me but it took me a long time to get used to that. The most enjoyable part of the job was when I got to interact with the patients. Whether it was getting information for their files or group therapy, the patients were always respectful as I tried to be also. I would definitely recommend this employer to hopeful candidates.
Hostile work environment. Poor Administration. Lacking in team support
Former employee (Former Employee) –  Clarion, PAJune 25, 2016
Administrative personnel are untrustworthy and deceitful. Favoritism toward certain staff. If you point out any violations to code of ethics or administrative failures, they will seek out any reason to fire you. There is no team support if you're not in the clique, you're work experience will be miserable. Orientation training is poorly designed and administered. Their mission statement is "we treat our patients like family" while treating workers with little to no respect. The ARC department job description is incongruent with actual work expected and the current department Directors expectations are impossible to meet. Work schedules are not congruent with job description. Only seeking warm bodies to fill positions that they can continuously draw from nearby university.
Pros
Cons
Code of ethics violations, favoritism, narcissistic supervisory style administration
Could be a really good place to work if current management was replaced
Mental Health Technician (Former Employee) –  Clarion, PAJuly 28, 2015
Loved this job at first, but once they decide you don't quite fit into their clique, it becomes a game of seek & destroy...as in, they will seek any little tidbit they can find to destroy you. I counted 20 employees gone in a 6-week period, and all for ridiculous reasons. There were a lot of good co-workers, and frequent trainings and meetings. Unfortunately, management leaves a lot to be desired. Until they get rid of the current trio of supervisors, they will continue to lose good employees.
Pros
Some awesome co-workers. Generally willing to try to accomodate requests for specific days off.
Cons
Definitely a lot of favoritism and double-standards.
Great place to gain fundamental experience
Case Management/Social Services (Former Employee) –  Clarion, PAMarch 18, 2015
Typically the experience at Clarion Psychiatric Center aka "CPC" will be determined by which department you work. Overall it's an excellent place to learn great skills and knowledge about mental health. I've had the pleasure of working with some of the most brilliant physicians, managers and colleagues there. The hardest part of the job is the nature of the job itself. Mental health is not an easy field and with that being said it can become quite difficult, especially as direct care.
Pros
Good insurances and excellent PTO
Cons
Census driven employment (if there aren't enough patients, you may not be working your shift)
Not a good place to work
Mental Health Technician (Former Employee) –  Clarion, PAFebruary 9, 2014
I have never been treated so poorly in my entire life. You are treated as a number and not a person. They only care about the bottom line. I do not recommend working here.
Pros
The staff (not management)
Cons
Too much
Productive work environment
Driver/Transportation (Current Employee) –  Clarion, PANovember 30, 2013
A great place to work if you want to feel like a part of a family rather than just another employee. Great staff and supervisory team. Daily work with clients from children to senior citizens who have psychiatric issues that need understanding and patience. Is a rewarding career if you want to work with a team of upbeat team members.
Productive caring enviroment
Mental Health Technician (Current Employee) –  Clarion, PANovember 29, 2013
Helping a wide range of clients from ages 5 and up learn more about their mental status and how they can treat themselves and discover positive coping skills and appropriate medications to better themeselves. Also providing regular group actiivties and learning experiences for all to increase adapting skills to function in society .
Pros
Teem work
Cons
short breaks
Lacks morals, ethics, and professionalism
Would be LPN (Former Employee) –  Clarion, PASeptember 9, 2013
Interview seemed to go extremely well. I traveled about 1 1/2 hours because of my passion and dedication to psych. Then I got there and waited an hour due to another interview running over, which was no biggie, as the interviewer was apologetic. What upset me was I excel in psych and was a good fit for the job, and she had nothing but nice things to say during the interview. But, as so many companies do, they never call when promised. I kept calling to inquire before accepting another offer, and finally get a denial letter, without a reason why. Just stating they were looking at other candidates. They apparently don't need nurses that bad, as the position is still open. So, I surmise one of two things: either they didn't like something in my background, which I was upfront about or one of their sister facilities bad-mouthed me, which I was also upfront about. In the first case, they should realize people make mistakes. This is mental health, all about giving people second chances. And in the second case, their sister facility is notorious for bad reviews and state sanctions. They never even called my references to truly check on what kind of person I was before turning me down. Shame on you, Clarion! Shame on you for having a preconceived notion of who I was, then for lying and saying you'd get back to me about your decision. Well, you did, but I had to hound you for it. We are expected to be professional and I don't think it's much to ask for facilities to do the same. It worked out for the best though. I got a job with a better company, I'm sure, making probably better money.  more... And Clarion, well they missed the opportunity to have a great psych nurse!  less
Pros
Cons
Management's handling of post interview
Not a good place to work
MHT (Former Employee) –  ClarionJuly 24, 2013
I agree with above, too many management clicks. Most managers are very lazy.
Pros
Cons
Sub-Par Mangement
A LOT of work for peanuts.
Mental Health Technician (Former Employee) –  Clarion, PAFebruary 26, 2012
As long as they like you, you are treated well. There is a lot of favoritism and don't plan on any job security. If they don't like you, they will watch you on camera until they have a reason to fire you.
The benefits are decent, but expensive. Don't expect fair compensation.
Pros
you work with good people.
Cons
favoritism, lack of job security
Great Learning experience
Mental Health Technician (Former Employee) –  Clarion, PAJanuary 5, 2012
I was employed at Clarion Psychiatric Center from 1990-1997, It was a great experience and I was able to develop and fine tune my interpersonal skills as well as learn various treatment modalities. I also attended nursing school while working there - the experience gained is a definite asset.