Clarion Psychiatric Center Employee Reviews

Hostile work environment. Poor Administration. Lacking in team support
Former employee (Former Employee) –  Clarion, PAJune 25, 2016
Administrative personnel are untrustworthy and deceitful. Favoritism toward certain staff. If you point out any violations to code of ethics or administrative failures, they will seek out any reason to fire you. There is no team support if you're not in the clique, you're work experience will be miserable. Orientation training is poorly designed and administered. Their mission statement is "we treat our patients like family" while treating workers with little to no respect. The ARC department job description is incongruent with actual work expected and the current department Directors expectations are impossible to meet. Work schedules are not congruent with job description. Only seeking warm bodies to fill positions that they can continuously draw from nearby university.
Pros
Cons
Code of ethics violations, favoritism, narcissistic supervisory style administration
Great place to gain fundamental experience
Case Management/Social Services (Former Employee) –  Clarion, PAMarch 18, 2015
Typically the experience at Clarion Psychiatric Center aka "CPC" will be determined by which department you work. Overall it's an excellent place to learn great skills and knowledge about mental health. I've had the pleasure of working with some of the most brilliant physicians, managers and colleagues there. The hardest part of the job is the nature of the job itself. Mental health is not an easy field and with that being said it can become quite difficult, especially as direct care.
Pros
good insurances and excellent pto
Cons
census driven employment (if there aren't enough patients, you may not be working your shift)
Productive caring enviroment
Mental Health Technician (Current Employee) –  Clarion, PANovember 29, 2013
Helping a wide range of clients from ages 5 and up learn more about their mental status and how they can treat themselves and discover positive coping skills and appropriate medications to better themeselves. Also providing regular group actiivties and learning experiences for all to increase adapting skills to function in society .
Pros
teem work
Cons
short breaks
Productive work environment
Driver/Transportation (Current Employee) –  Clarion, PANovember 30, 2013
A great place to work if you want to feel like a part of a family rather than just another employee. Great staff and supervisory team. Daily work with clients from children to senior citizens who have psychiatric issues that need understanding and patience. Is a rewarding career if you want to work with a team of upbeat team members.
A LOT of work for peanuts.
Mental Health Technician (Former Employee) –  Clarion, PAFebruary 26, 2012
As long as they like you, you are treated well. There is a lot of favoritism and don't plan on any job security. If they don't like you, they will watch you on camera until they have a reason to fire you.
The benefits are decent, but expensive. Don't expect fair compensation.
Pros
you work with good people.
Cons
favoritism, lack of job security
Great Learning experience
Mental Health Technician (Former Employee) –  Clarion, PAJanuary 5, 2012
I was employed at Clarion Psychiatric Center from 1990-1997, It was a great experience and I was able to develop and fine tune my interpersonal skills as well as learn various treatment modalities. I also attended nursing school while working there - the experience gained is a definite asset.
Not a good place to work
Mental Health Technician (Former Employee) –  Clarion, PAFebruary 9, 2014
I have never been treated so poorly in my entire life. You are treated as a number and not a person. They only care about the bottom line. I do not recommend working here.
Pros
the staff (not management)
Cons
too much
Not a good place to work
MHT (Former Employee) –  ClarionJuly 24, 2013
I agree with above, too many management clicks. Most managers are very lazy.
Cons
sub-par mangement
Lacks morals, ethics, and professionalism
Would be LPN (Former Employee) –  Clarion, PASeptember 9, 2013
Interview seemed to go extremely well. I traveled about 1 1/2 hours because of my passion and dedication to psych. Then I got there and waited an hour due to another interview running over, which was no biggie, as the interviewer was apologetic. What upset me was I excel in psych and was a good fit for the job, and she had nothing but nice things to say during the interview. But, as so many companies do, they never call when promised. I kept calling to inquire before accepting another offer, and finally get a denial letter, without a reason why. Just stating they were looking at other candidates. They apparently don't need nurses that bad, as the position is still open. So, I surmise one of two things: either they didn't like something in my background, which I was upfront about or one of their sister facilities bad-mouthed me, which I was also upfront about. In the first case, they should realize people make mistakes. This is mental health, all about giving people second chances. And in the second case, their sister facility is notorious for bad reviews and state sanctions. They never even called my references to truly check on what kind of person I was before turning me down. Shame on you, Clarion! Shame on you for having a preconceived notion of who I was, then for lying and saying you'd get back to me about your decision. Well, you did, but I had to hound you for it. We are expected to be professional and I don't think it's much to ask for facilities to do the same. It worked out for the best though. I got a job with a better company, I'm sure, making probably better money.  more... And Clarion, well they missed the opportunity to have a great psych nurse!  less
Cons
management's handling of post interview

2.6