Clarion University of Pennsylvania

Clarion University of Pennsylvania Employee Reviews

Lead Tech (Current Employee), Clarion PAMarch 27, 2015
I had a work study there that taught me valuable lessons and great technical training that I will be able to apply in my professional career.
Great small rural campus
Lab Assistant (Former Employee), Clarion, PAJanuary 4, 2015
Very local campus and good people. I learned a lot working in the Geography department lab.
This is a great place to work - good experiences.
Web Content Developer (Current Employee), Clarion, PADecember 18, 2014
Higher education has a fun atmosphere, but the work can be challenging. I loved working in the marketing department and with the social media students.
Highly productive, Task oriented , Efficient
Secretary for the Office of Minorities (Former Employee), office of minoritiesSeptember 2, 2014
The day would typically begin with a brief meeting with my boss Dr. Gant. She would inform me of specifics that i would need to pay special attention to, such as budget cuts, meeting times being changed. Then i would usually arrive at my work station where there are papers to be filed. All the while being attentive to any student/faculty trying to reach Dr. Gant. Then i would schedule any meetings and prepare the spreadsheets.
Internship
Tutor, Teaching Assistant, Lab Assistant (Former Employee), Clarion, PAJanuary 27, 2014
People walk you through all the processes and lead you to the next level.
Exceptional University, Ideal Workplace
Admissions Counselor (Former Employee), Clarion, PAJuly 23, 2013
Pros: environment, compensation, benefits, opportunities for growth and service.
Cons: winter gets pretty cold here.
Clarion University of Pennsylvania is, by far, one of the most student, staff, and faculty friendly environments that any professional could ask for in their journey. If the campus wasn't nice enough, the fact that it is in one of the most beautiful college towns in the world should only add to your interest in working here. To serve at Clarion is a healthy pursuit--it's good for the mind, the body, and the life that you'd like to see at balance. Resources are seldom scarce and the support you get as an employee is unequalled.
Encourages personal and career development
Graduate Assistant, Education Department (Current Employee), Clarion, PennsylvaniaJanuary 16, 2013
Greatly encourages personal development and career development.
Only did internship
Community Counseling Intern (Former Employee), Clarion, PAAugust 6, 2012
Pros: hours
Cons: didn't stay long enough
I did my internship for my School Counseling/Community Counseling Master's Degree. It was a nice environment and good, knowledgeable staff.
long hours, strenuous labor, occasional simple jobs.
Student Computer service tech (Former Employee), Clarion, PAJuly 30, 2012
Pros: money to pay for every day expenses, nice co-workers
Cons: difficult bosses, poor communication between employer and employee, lack of respect.
Co-workers were rare but always welcome. Employers were never happy with the student workers for lack of knowledge in unreasonable circumstances. Mostly where the employer was to know things only use once maybe 2 months ago that else where would not be referenced. Work would either consist of inventory a.k.a. taking stock of what we had laying around or it would be maintenance on computers around campus making sure they were up to date and running properly. While seldom we had to change computers there was some manual labor involved.
Good place to work if your there for your studies as well
Library computer Lab Student Manager (Former Employee), Clarion, PAJanuary 22, 2012
Pros: understanding, easy going, flexible
Cons: low pay, dumb rules
I worked here as an intern as well as a student lab tech. it was really nice having the time in the lab to work on homework and other personal project while there was down time. Working as an intern at the computer help desk was not the best experience I have had in my life, but it wasn't the worst. I felt like I didn't really belong as an intern, but maybe if I was working there full time things would be different

Clarion University of Pennsylvania Salaries