Clarion University of Pennsylvania Employee Reviews

relaxed and free time
Interactive TV Technician (Former Employee) –  Clarion, PAAugust 29, 2017
I work as an ITV tech. After everything was set up, there was time to work on homework or read a book. I just had to make sure that the volume was at the right level and that the camera was pointed in the right direction. There were a few times that the technology glitched and that was stressful, but there was nothing I could do to prevent it. I was always able to get in touch with management.
Pros
down time
Cons
small amount of hours
Higher Education school
Student Intern (Former Employee) –  Clarion, PAJuly 31, 2017
Its a State college so you will be earning state time that can help if you worked for the state before. It also means the state is funding it and funding might not be there in some years.
A decent job for a student
Student Worker/Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Residence Life, Clarion, PAJuly 21, 2017
I primarily was customer service. I answered phone calls and emails, worked with students and parents, and assisted other professional staff members. My direct supervisor has a great personality and was very helpful.
Pros
Hour lunch break, relatively easy
Cons
Poor management from above
Student working
Computer Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Clarion, PAJuly 12, 2017
The job was reasonably simple given a basic knowledge of windows operating systems. Most of the time I was able to do homework or study. I had one supervisor and that is where everything went through. I learned basic printer management and maintenance and how to connect and manage systems on a network.
Pros
Flexible hours depending on school schedule
Cons
Low pay and hours
Small School atmosphere
Counselor (Current Employee) –  Oil City, PAJuly 9, 2017
Excellent supervisor in Student Affairs. Great to work with college students in the counseling services department. Friendly atmosphere. Excellent pay and flexibility.
Very good working environment, great people.
Head Women's Golf Coach (Former Employee) –  Clarion, PAJune 18, 2017
Working at Clarion University was a great experience, and I was honored to perform my duties there. Individuals in positions above me were great to work for.
Pros
Great staff, flexible schedule
Cons
The only con is that it was a part-time job
fun work experience
Eagle media (Former Employee) –  Clarion, PAMay 23, 2017
I t was a very good job and it help me grow as a person. I also learned good communication skills and customers services. it was a good way to help find people with the same interest as me
Pros
own office
Cons
far away from my apartment
Amazing atmosphere
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Oil City, PAApril 20, 2017
I love the fact i can study at work, however, i just love the university and helping fellow students with concerns or questions, all whilst i gain experience with working with the Dean
Dream job
Program Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Clarion, PAApril 19, 2017
This was the best job i've ever had. It was unfortunate that state funds were terminated and the center closed. The atmosphere was positive and uplifting.
productive and fun environment
Spanish Instructor (Former Employee) –  Clarion, PAFebruary 13, 2017
Kids are awesome to work for...Too many problems with their salaries. Economical issues forced me to quit. Nevertheless, everyone i worked for was very competent and hard working people.
Pros
Cons
Nothing maybe it was too far for me to drive.
good benefits
staff (Current Employee) –  Clarion, PAJuly 21, 2016
Students are the best place about this place they are hard working. They ask you to do more with less and they dont replace people when they retire
Pros
benefits free tuition
Cons
always making budget cuts
A great work environment
Counselor (Former Employee) –  Clarion, PAJune 13, 2016
I worked at CUP for a semester and LOVED that they were open and considerate to my other job as well as my family. I am hoping for another opportunity to work there again.
S.O.A.R.
Orientation Leader/SOAR Mentor (Former Employee) –  Clarion, PAApril 13, 2016
Great job that teaches you a lot. You will learn leadership and hard work. This job requires you to like helping others and really does change your life. You learn compassion, as you are guiding others through their college experience.
Fun and Productive Company
Intern, Recreation Center (Former Employee) –  Clarion, PADecember 2, 2015
Very fun place to work for with supportive and motivated management. The most enjoyable part of the job was working within a diverse atmosphere of different student athletes.
Pros
Great Atmosphere!!
Counselor/Instructor (Former Employee) –  Clarion, PASeptember 8, 2015
Enjoyed working directly with the students and utilizing their resilience to address their individual needs. Supportive peer environment and very rewarding.
Orientation Preparation
Student Orientation Peer Mentor (Current Employee) –  Clarion, PAJune 16, 2015
A typical day in the office during orientation sessions would begin by opening all of the student data in Access and filtering it to the upcoming session. This eliminates all of the other sessions data that are in the system. From there you export the data to Excel, by exporting the data to Excel it makes it easier to organize the data into different groups. The student data is sorted by major and the different majors make up the different color groups. Once color groups are established, a small colored sticker is attached to the students name tag to symbolize what color group they are apart of. Lastly, an assignment sheet is created for the orientation staff and it lists when and where their color group should be throughout the day.

From working on the orientation staff and moving to the position of creating the documents for orientation I have learned how to use Microsoft Access and Excel more proficiently. I have found that the hardest part of the job is deciding which members of the orientation staff are working together and in which color group. As well as juggling the responsibility of making sure the documents for orientation are not only done but also printed and ready to hand out to the staff.
Lead Tech (Current Employee) –  Clarion PAMarch 27, 2015
I had a work study there that taught me valuable lessons and great technical training that I will be able to apply in my professional career.
Great small rural campus
Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Clarion, PAJanuary 4, 2015
Very local campus and good people. I learned a lot working in the Geography department lab.
This is a great place to work - good experiences.
Web Content Developer (Current Employee) –  Clarion, PADecember 18, 2014
Higher education has a fun atmosphere, but the work can be challenging. I loved working in the marketing department and with the social media students.
Highly productive, Task oriented , Efficient
Secretary for the Office of Minorities (Former Employee) –  office of minoritiesSeptember 2, 2014
The day would typically begin with a brief meeting with my boss Dr. Gant. She would inform me of specifics that i would need to pay special attention to, such as budget cuts, meeting times being changed. Then i would usually arrive at my work station where there are papers to be filed. All the while being attentive to any student/faculty trying to reach Dr. Gant. Then i would schedule any meetings and prepare the spreadsheets.