Clarion University Employee Reviews

Great experience and opened many great opportunities
Lead Researcher (Former Employee) –  Clarion, PAJuly 17, 2017
Managed to learn many skills such as public speaking, electron microscopy, creating research posters, and applying for grants. Went to a few research poster conferences including the Microscopy and Microanalysis conference in Columbus Ohio which was paid for by a grant proposal that I wrote
meaningful job
Community Assistant (Current Employee) –  Clarion, PAJune 3, 2017
Overlook and provide support to approximately 800 residents. Work about 10-20 hours a week. Optional work during summer is available. Able to easily trade shifts to work around class schedule.
Student Assistant
Student Service Center Assistant (Former Employee) –  Clarion, PAMarch 18, 2017
During my time at Clarion University of Pennsylvania I worked as a student assistant at Still Hall. This is the business hall for all students in the business department.You did normal student assistant work here.
PT' custodian
Custodian (Current Employee) –  Clarion, PA 16214November 10, 2016
Custodian work not difficult just very physical. Night shift is not good for me but maybe fine for others. I found no help/opportunities given on other positions. They will hire off the street first.
Pros
Good wages & benefits.
Cons
Night shift and no advancement.
I enjoyed this position but it did not last long enough
On-the-job training/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Clarion, PAApril 19, 2016
I got to meet a lot of nice people. Everyone was very helpful, especially knowing I was still learning, as I was attending DBC.
Crewed with other students to set up and clean up events
Fieldhouse Set Up/ Clean Up Crew (Former Employee) –  Clarion, PAApril 5, 2016
- Work consisted of setting up and tearing down sports equipment and working security
- I learned how to handle emergency situations
- The hardest part of my job was working school in around it
- The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to see all of the sporting events on campus
Pros
Free food, seeing the sporting events
Cons
A lot of time, hard to juggle school as well
Great program
Tutor (Former Employee) –  Clarion, PAMarch 15, 2016
The tutoring program at Clarion is a great program. It is a great job for any student to have while in class. You get to choose your own times to meet and make your own schedule.
Productive Work Environment
Becker Lab Assistant (Current Employee) –  Clarion, PAMarch 23, 2015
When I go to work I will go to my boss and she will hand me a stack of paper tickets that have the job at hand on them and where to go. I then go to each individual place and do what the ticket tells me I need to do or attempt to fix the problem that is at hand. After I am done with all of my tickets I then go back to the help desk and sit at a computer and log in to a server to update the tickets that were given to me. I would write what I did for each ticket and how long it took me to do each ticket. Then I would go back to the boss and see if there were anymore tickets, and if there weren't anymore then I would be done for the day. There would sometimes be days that we didn't get tickets so we could have a move that day, and that consisted of going around campus and moving a staff members computer and any other electronic devices to another location for them so they weren't responsible if something was broke. I learned better communication skills, computer-related skills that I didn't know before like more about printers, and certain desktop computers like hardware and software. I also learned more about networks. The co-workers that I work with all get along great and we all work together, if somebody doesn't know the answer were not afraid to ask another worker on how to fix it, we all help each other. The hardest part of my job I would say is the time constraint sometimes of working two jobs and going to school at the same time.
Work study
Computer Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Clarion, PASeptember 18, 2014
Gives a chance to both expand technical skills and customer service skills.
Good Company
TELEMARKETER (Former Employee) –  Clarion, PADecember 30, 2013
Helpful staff with good chance for advancement. Management helps to involve others with important decisions.
Enjoyed working with the people
ADMISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Oil City, PAFebruary 1, 2013
helped people create resume's, create power point presentations, help get information and set up for nursing fair, work with spreedsheets, organization of materials.
Pros
everybody nice to work with, we all worked well together
Cons
only had job until graduated and was only part time.
awesome place with cool people
Staff member (Current Employee) –  clarion paJanuary 17, 2013
There are several things ive learned from work, some of them include similar things to contracting and others to fine arts.
Student Worker insight to how the University works
Clerical Staffer in Academic Affairs (Former Employee) –  Clarion, PAAugust 19, 2012
Great place to work if you are interested in becoming a part of the Administration, even if you don't want to be, it was still great working within the office of the Provost