Claritas Genomics is a new, well-funded startup formed from the Gene Diagnostic Lab at Boston Children’s Hospital, a Harvard teaching hospital and the top-ranked pediatric hospital in the US.
Continuing to focus on genetic diseases affecting children, Claritas is bringing this expertise to the world. We need your help.
Build a large-scale, genomic data pipeline and data-mining suite to advance medicine in both clinical diagnostics and pure research. Knowledge of genetics is not required but you must be a gifted and dedicated software engineer.
- Develop a robust and scalable pipeline with interfaces to external applications, laboratory information systems, and electronic medical records
- Integrate state-of-the-art bioinformatics algorithms and tools
- Collaborate with an inter-disciplinary team of Software Engineers, Bioinformaticians and others to deliver innovative new products
- Develop a comprehensive automated test suite to ensure the correct functioning of the pipeline
- Must be deeply committed to software as a craft and be hard-core about quality
- Minimum of 3 years experience in commercial software, Internet or mobile development
- Java, Python, C++, golang, Unix, Oracle/MySQL
- Strong understanding of muliti-threading and network computing
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and verbal and written communication skills
- A degree in Computer Science or related field is preferred, but all we really care about is how good you are and how well you collaborate
- Must be willing to learn genetics and bioinformatics to collaborate effectively
- Experience with Amazon’s AWS or Google Cloud
- Knowledge of statistics and data analysis
- Big Data, including distributed computing systems and large data-processing workflows (MapReduce/Hadoop, SGE/PBS)
- NoSql(Cassandra, Hbase, MongoDB), or Column-oriented(Redshift, Vertica, GreenPlum, etc.) data stores
Competitive salaries and benefits
Claritas Genomics is a new company formed from the Genetics Diagnostic Lab at Boston Children’s Hospital, a Havard teaching hospital...