Clark Associates Employee Reviews in United States

Worst Job experience I ever had. I'm not exaggerating.
Order Picker (Webstaurant store) (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, PAJuly 10, 2016
This place was full of the most immature coworkers I have ever worked with. Everyone talked behind each other's back, and found the smallest reasons to dislike other coworkers. The majority of workers at warehouse 851 and 102 are in their mid-twenties, but they haven't matured past their high school days. The managers I worked under were even worse then some of the lower level employees. For example, one of the supervisors would get stoned in the parking lot, and then proceed to do nothing to help the shift get its huge workload completed. He would just blare rap music and laugh like a moron while the rest of us worked. Upper management did nothing about this either. He wasn't even the worst one either. The company also doesn't value their employees safety too. The warehouse conditions at the 851 warehouse was often a nightmare. OSHA came once when I worked there and made them clean it up, only for them to gradually turn it into a nightmare again. I could go on and on about the horrible experiences I had at the Webstaurant Store division of Clark. I'll spare you though, and sum the rest of my experience up in the next sentence. Bad benefits, immature coworkers, worst management, no room for advancement if your not a recent college graduate.
Pros
Cons
Bad benefits, immature coworkers, terrible management, no room for advancement.
Drama, drama, drama....
Packer (Former Employee) –  Madisonville, KYJuly 4, 2016
I was hired on as a packer for seconds. I was 31 at the time and much older than most working there. Just about every employee was 18- 23. Supervisors weren't much older and had ZERO business being in such a position.

I wasn't up to their standards. I was told by a supervisor that they'd work with me to help get my packed box numbers up but no assistance ever came. They had me come in early, work most of first shift. Then 3:30 when my shift started I was called into HR's office and terminated.

I really can't think of anything positive to say about this business. I stayed to myself and yet the "little girls" still managed to start drama with me. If you enjoy bratty kids, horrible management and broken promises, then this is the place for you.
Pros
Cons
I'd be here all day...read my review.
Productive place to work with a game room.
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Madisonville, KYJune 26, 2016
Overall the company was great to work for. Didn't agree with some of the things that occurred in management. Too many gray areas when needed not to be. A fast growing company expanding each year.
Pros
Good wages
Cons
Non Paid lunch
Identity Search
Front End Lead/Manager (Current Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAMay 18, 2016
Sales tracker review. Store appearance. Daily goals for that specific day. Review any customer issues that need to still be addressed from the previous days work.

Supply chain logistics enhancements.
Upper Management still looking for an identity as to who and what they truly want to be.

Great co workers.

Certainly the most difficult part of my position is not having a clear career path with this company. That is to say that the company has plenty of skilled people employed, they just are struggling on how to keep them motivated and utilize them to the best of their abilities.

Most enjoyable part of my job is that I am confident in my abilities and product suggestions to my customers.
Pros
great co workers
Cons
Lack of opportunity/career path
Another typical call center/warehouse job
Customer Resolution Specialist (Current Employee) –  KentuckyMay 4, 2016
management is incompetent, sarcastic and base a lot of their interaction between employees based on emotions opposed to professionalism. Someone they like is protected from rebuttal while they talk their way around and twist words to justify why the other party is wrong. Amateur hour! I've never worked at a job where you are told to make independent decisions and once you do those decisions are shot down and criticized by some of the most ignorant people who only got their positions based on tenure. employees work together but are quick to point the finger if someone does something wrong cause for some reason management promotes always being right and perfect, which is unrealistic especially since they themselves do not always be correct. this is a basic typical call center job, drama included that advertise entrepreneurship and drive but is actually not a place for serious young professionals who value their work and are promoted based on merit. if you are good at brown nosing and passing the blame, this is the company for you.
Pros
set hours, holidays off, break room
Cons
management is incompetent, sarcastic, and base and lot of their interaction between employees based on emotions, pipe dreams type job
Poor leadership
Packer/Shipper (Former Employee) –  Cumberland, MDMarch 25, 2016
Expectations are ridiculous for the wages paid, shift supervision is horrible, juvenile behaviors displayed constantly. Supervisors threatening to write you up many times throughout shift as well as withholding breaks and cutting into lunch time. Physical expectations could be disasterous.
Cons
Shift supervision
Bad Mgmt
Systems Administrator (Former Employee) –  Lititz, PAFebruary 17, 2016
Let's just say onboarding is ridiculous. Their expectations are pretty much unreal and they "expect" for you to know their environment without batting a single whim to help you understand it. Mgmt is just there out of seniority and not much more than that. They probably won't budge much on the salary too.
Pros
Breakfast, Gym
Good company
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Dayton, NVFebruary 8, 2016
Good company,very fast paced, job training could be better.
Good people and supervisors.
Loved the job and working environment.
I just wasn't the right fit.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Need better training, it's swim or sink.
The Coworkers are great
Lead Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Dayton, NVFebruary 3, 2016
Management sucks very inexperienced, while everyone else is working they just sit at there desk laughing or they are no where to be found, the gm tries to seem like he cares about you but after you get hired probably wont ever see him again, the leads are great!! they are the ones that should be managers and will go out of their way to help and answer any questions, the crew has lost a lot of motivation since things have changed! this company used to be very enjoyable to work. thank God I finally out of there!
Pros
free drinks, vending machines, the workers are Great
Cons
Managment / GM
Management has questionable practices
Purchasing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, PASeptember 20, 2015
This company flies under the radar because of its small size. Management styles are immature and the atmosphere feels like "high school".

Want to know more about Clark Associates?

Ask a question
Don't Try to Move up in Business
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, PAJuly 13, 2015
A few people of the company have complete control. Some people do not work while others are treated terribly, because they do not have personal ties to upper management. Lower Level staff is very friendly and easy going, Good Compensation for the work that you are asked to do. There is no set schedule and you will be asked to work a large percent of weekends.
Pros
Great Co-workers (excluding management)
Cons
No Room for promotion
People are not nice and pay is low
Manager in Training (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, PAMarch 24, 2015
There s not much opportunity with this company and the pay is well below the average for a management position. I did not enjoy being employed with this company.
Not like anywhere you have worked before. Exciting and fun!
Customer Solutions (Current Employee) –  Lititz, PAMarch 17, 2015
Working in a great environment with a wonderful support system is amazing. I work with customers via email, chat, and phone daily. I help with their ordering process and resolve any issues they may have, in addition to answering basic product questions. I work with manufacturers as well daily. Everyone is willing to help everyone at this company. It is fast paced and challenging but fun and enjoyable. The environment is laid back. Everyone here truly cares about you and the customers. New positions are constantly being created to balance the growing need of the customers we have. This company is open to suggestions and will work easily with their employees to also help them grow.
Pros
Working with people that are willing to share a lot of knowledge, Fun environment with lots of activities like a pool table and gym, Free lunches almost every week, Working with people that make everyone feel like family, Company is good at balancing personal life with work, This company cares
Cons
Not much room for advancement within an individual department, Limited types of positions to move into within a department, Company is still growing and creating new positions however and they are open to ideas
great coworkers but managment is horrible
Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Smoketown, PAMarch 14, 2015
co-workers meshed well together. When it came to any type of management, it seemed their minds were always changing or management and employees were butting heads constantly.
Pros
non-hostile enviroment amongst employees
Cons
benefits didnt cover much of anything
Grow within, while having fun!
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Lititz PAFebruary 26, 2015
I started working for the company a little less than a year ago and feel that the opportunities that I have had to grow within the company are endless. They are always open to suggestions on how we can improve our quality and ideas that can help us and our customers. With the distribution centers and company locations popping up all over the United States it provides you with endless opportunities. If you are a hard worker you will be rewarded. They acknowledge the work that you do and the effort you put into solving situations. You have a support team around you 24/7 who is willing to help you with any situation. Not to mention the free lunches and free gifts that you receive from our vendors. I would highly recommend applying if you want to work and have fun!
Pros
work environment, flexible schedule, growth within the company
Growth potential, challenging, and a fun workplace with great people!
Logistics Analyst (Current Employee) –  Lititz, PAFebruary 26, 2015
No company is perfect but Clark is a pretty great one. There's potential for growth as the company experiences exponential growth and new opportunities and positions arise. The work itself can be challenging and rewarding. I came in with no e-commerce experience and have grown and learned many important workplace skills through the training and professional development the company offers. The management supports open communication and cares about YOU. People make all the difference and my co-workers are wonderful people! It's a fun environment to work in and still professional (for the most part). The company treats their employees well offering free lunches monthly, an onsite gym, lunch break entertainment (pool table, ping-pong, Wii, TV's, etc), and a relaxing atmosphere with couches.
Pros
caring coworkers, fun environment, challenging work.
Cons
benefit package
If only there was an option to rate 0 stars.
webstaurant (Former Employee) –  Lancaster CountyFebruary 17, 2015
I'm surprised the company is still in business.. I previously worked for Clark and thankfully, it was a brief employment. Management is a joke. The old adage "my door is always open" definitely does not apply to Clark. Bring something to a managers attention, to ask for guidance, you're black balled and the door that should always be open will be shut in your face. Management does nothing. They have the "I'm going to do the bare minimum to get by" mentality. If you ask for help with something, even once, that may require them to maybe work harder for 5 minutes, you won't be around long. If you apply and don't get a call back, consider yourself lucky.
Pros
nothing comes to mind.
Cons
management, professionalism, work environment and overall employment with the company.
Small Area, Big Impact
Customer Solutions Rep - WebstaurantStore.com (Current Employee) –  Dayton, NVFebruary 17, 2015
I started at this company about one year ago and am so happy that I gave them a shot. The environment is happy and friendly, even when customers aren't. There is a great ability to grow as long as you put the work in. There is a great sense of camaraderie throughout the Web, including all locations and shifts. I was a little apprehensive when I learned the job was in customer relations, but it has been a wonderful experience.
Pros
wonderful people, growth potential, challenging
No investment in their employees
Photo (Former Employee) –  Lititiz, PAFebruary 3, 2015
I was employed by the Webstaurant division of Clark. If you are willing to go with the flow and accept management's inexperienced direction and unwillingness to listen to the professionals they hire, you will do fine. They like to hire graduates straight out of college, throw them in a position they are not ready for and not train them. If you don't thrive on the sink or swim method this is not the place for you! If you need guidance or complain too much you are out the door. This is not a company that likes to keep its employees. The turn around rate is very high. If you don't fit in with their subculture you will not last long.
Pros
co-workers
Cons
poor managment practices, no job feedback, low pay
Lots of Potential, Lots of Letdown
WebstaurantStore (Former Employee) –  Lititz, PAJanuary 16, 2015
I worked for the Webstaurant Store side of Clarks. There is a lot of potential there, if you are accepted in their culture and given the opportunity to grow, learn, and thrive. If not, you're screwed. The culture is laid back but focused. So focused that I wasn't even trained or given a chance to learn. The part of the building where I worked basically consists of young boy geniuses, including the managers. If you have a family to support and bills to pay, be very careful taking a job here. They have a cut throat 60-day probationary period, and they're very inflexible. There is no loyalty, empathy or sympathy. If they don't like you and/or you're not good enough for their standards, you will be thrown out like the garbage.
Pros
good salary, weekly luncheons, laid back atmosphere, nice lounge, free icees
Cons
immaturity galore, inexperienced management, 60 day cut throat probationary period

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Clark Associates. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8