Clark Associates Employee Reviews

Encouraging Management, room for growth and personal development
Traffic Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Lititz, PAJune 14, 2017
Clark Associates is a conglomerate of multiple companies revolving around the food service industry and therefore, there are many different opportunities within the company. That being said, the company would rather see a great employee go to a different department rather than letting them go.

Clark Associates has given me the opportunity to grow with the company as well as individually. The culture is second to none with an "employee first" mentality. This is demonstrated by our lunch bar, food trucks, in house training, carpooling incentives and various other perks Senior management constantly interacts with employees so that every employee is in the know and encourages its employees to bring up new ideas, regardless of how long they have been here. I have had nothing less than a positive experience with the management here across multiple departments.

As a Traffic coordinator in our Logistics department, I work with carriers, customers and coworkers to provide the best possible service regarding shipping related issues or questions. The role involves critical thinking, problem solving, team work and good communication skills to list a few. My associates also make coming to work everyday enjoyable as they are all dedicated, hardworking individuals.
Pros
Room for growth, competitive pay, personal development opportunities
June 15, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. We appreciate
your input and are happy to hear you’re enjoying your experience
here!

Former Agency known as Clark Associates
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALMay 23, 2017
Clark Associates is now owned by Assured Partners NL based out of Louisville KY.
Operations have changed with upgrades to the software used for client management.
May 25, 2017

Clark Associates, Inc., based out of Lancaster, PA is still a family-owned business and was not bought by Assured Partners NL. There are many companies with "Clark" in the name so it's easy to get them confused!

dont waste your time
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Albany, GAMay 8, 2017
bad place to work, no room for advancement unless your buddy buddy with managers. raises once a year but not reasonable with the type of work wanted. managers will tell you whatever they need to to get you out of their office. do not waste your time with this place.
Pros
Cons
all
May 19, 2017

We're sorry to hear your experience has been negative and would like to clarify a few things based on your impressions. As a rapidly growing company, there are several opportunities for advancement, however, to be selected for these opportunities, we look for individuals who have demonstrated leadership qualities within the team and who have exceeded expectations. We offer two review opportunities during the year, both with the potential to receive a raise, however, if the employee is below standard in any category, a raise will not be given. We seek to reward those who are exceeding expectations and challenge those who need to improve, providing them with regular feedback to help them get to the point where expectations are being met.

Decent company to work for.
Senior Accountant (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, PAApril 5, 2017
A place where careers can get a jump start. They treat their employees well and offer above average benefits. Very focused on education and improving their business processes.
Pros
Starting pay is good. Benefits seem decent.
Cons
Hours aren't overly friendly. Advancement opportunities are limited.
Bad Management
MATERIAL HANDLER (Former Employee) –  LancasterMarch 29, 2017
No room for advancement for someone working their for 5+ years. They get college kids that have no experience in warehouse work. Don't know how to treat people that have been working with the company for a long amount of time. They watch employees like hawks with every move they make
Pros
Pays ok
May 17, 2017

We're sorry to hear you had a negative experience working for Clark and appreciate your feedback. With our growth over the last few years, there have been and are several advancement opportunities, however, when selecting individuals to fill leadership roles, demonstrated leadership qualities carry more weight than amount of time worked.

We also seek to constantly improve communication within the company which is why we implement personality and communication training using DiSC. The goal of management is not to micromanage but to encourage personal and professional growth.

good workplace
Assistant Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Albany, GAMarch 7, 2017
Great place to work, good environment, good pay, great place to learn new skills in the warehouse, good supervisors, they take heed to personal life they know things will happen outside of work that you cant control.
Pros
work hours
Cons
short breaks
Don't even apply
Purchasing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, PAMarch 3, 2017
Worst company I have ever worked for. They barely even attempt to train you and seem annoyed when you have questions. Worked here for two and a half weeks before they let me go because I wasn't catching on quick enough. Read terrible reviews before I started but decided to give the place a shot. Should have listened and kept my old job where I actually had job security. When they say they're fast growing, it actually means there's such a high turn over rate because they don't give anyone a chance beyond the 60 day probationary period...they might as well make it 30 days because I'm sure no one makes it past that point anyway.

All day you can hear coworkers whispering to each other and gossiping. Manager was extremely unprofessional and took part in gossiping as well, also didn't even try to hide the blatant favoritism.
Pros
free food, great hours
Cons
unprofessional, high school environment
May 17, 2017

We're sorry to hear you had a negative experience during your time with Clark and appreciate your feedback. Our Procurement department definitely works at a fast pace and requires employees to learn quickly and many times learn independently. For some, this environment is just what they're looking for, but for others, it is not. Our goal is to determine whether or not a position will be fulfilling for the employee over the long run within the first 60 days, and if it's not going to be, we prefer to give that person the opportunity to move on to something better for them as opposed to keeping them in a role that's not a great fit for them.

Regarding the cultural concerns, we aim to have a positive, team-oriented culture that inspires hard work and new ideas, and we are sorry to hear that you felt this wasn't the case. Your concerns have been passed along to our Procurement leadership team so that any issues can be addressed.

Grounds department, then moved to common (Former Employee) –  Cumberland, MDFebruary 1, 2017
I worked for Clark (webstaurant) for a little over a year... I thought it was a great place to work . They treated the employees well , gave us clothes and had dinners for every holiday..... I see a lot of people complain about it but I found that the ones who complained where I worked needed to improve anyways.. it is a fast pace environment but compared to every where I have worked, it's not a hard job. If your a hard worker you do get rewarded with pay raises and you can move up. I had some good pay raises for only being there a year....the keys for success here are work hard, team work, attendance
Pros
Easy job, fun place to work, good team atmosphere
Cons
Not much overtime offered
Worst experience of my entire work life
Inventory Clerk (Former Employee) –  New Castle, DEJanuary 22, 2017
Was given a 30 day probationary review at 20 days and then was told we're gonna part ways. Wasn't even given an opportunity to do what I was hired for..

I turned down two other possible opportunities to work there and regret it from day 1.
Pros
Cons
No breaks except lunch, favoritism, bad hours
Main Focus is Profit
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, PADecember 20, 2016
It's a fast growing company that hasn't slowed down in the years that I've worked there. The main focus is making money, so at times corners are cut, product quality is lacking, and employees are overworked. Because of fast growth, there is a need for more educated new hires and often thrown in and left to fend for themselves. If you thrive in sink or swim, this is the job for you. You will do well.
If i could give them a zero, I would
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  New Castle, DEDecember 16, 2016
I worked there for a short time.

It didn't take long to realize it was not a good place to work.

I should've read the reviews online before applying to this company.
Terrible place to work
Packer (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, PASeptember 15, 2016
I worked here for a short time and I was miserable everyday. My co-workers were very immature and constantly talked about others behind their backs (this includes management as well.) Managment was very unprofessional, and when I went to them with my concerns, they just brushed it off and wouldn't even help.
Pros
Free Hersheypark tickets
Cons
Unfriendly co-workers, unprofessional management, boring work, cherry picker co-workers
Dayton, NV: They hire and fire before probation is up
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Dayton, NVAugust 26, 2016
Quit one job and work for clark. Seemed great at first. Training is very poor. Management retains you based on the buddy system. Good old boy style workplace. Job is great, middle managers are terrible. Warning if you leave your job to work here, you may be let go on the day you pass probation
My 12 year old son could work at madisonville clarks, amateur hour!
Former employee (Former Employee) –  Madisonville, KYAugust 5, 2016
If you work hard stay away it means nothing, only reason for sucess is its so easy anybody can do it. If you are friends with management go to work at this place, because that is normally the only people that suceed. Most unprofessional place I ever worked, amateur hour.
Pros
Free soda
Cons
Spoiled lazy kids
Worst Job experience I ever had. I'm not exaggerating.
Order Picker (Webstaurant store) (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, PAJuly 10, 2016
This place was full of the most immature coworkers I have ever worked with. Everyone talked behind each other's back, and found the smallest reasons to dislike other coworkers. The majority of workers at warehouse 851 and 102 are in their mid-twenties, but they haven't matured past their high school days. The managers I worked under were even worse then some of the lower level employees. For example, one of the supervisors would get stoned in the parking lot, and then proceed to do nothing to help the shift get its huge workload completed. He would just blare rap music and laugh like a moron while the rest of us worked. Upper management did nothing about this either. He wasn't even the worst one either. The company also doesn't value their employees safety too. The warehouse conditions at the 851 warehouse was often a nightmare. OSHA came once when I worked there and made them clean it up, only for them to gradually turn it into a nightmare again. I could go on and on about the horrible experiences I had at the Webstaurant Store division of Clark. I'll spare you though, and sum the rest of my experience up in the next sentence. Bad benefits, immature coworkers, worst management, no room for advancement if your not a recent college graduate.
Pros
Cons
Bad benefits, immature coworkers, terrible management, no room for advancement.
Drama, drama, drama....
Packer (Former Employee) –  Madisonville, KYJuly 4, 2016
I was hired on as a packer for seconds. I was 31 at the time and much older than most working there. Just about every employee was 18- 23. Supervisors weren't much older and had ZERO business being in such a position.

I wasn't up to their standards. I was told by a supervisor that they'd work with me to help get my packed box numbers up but no assistance ever came. They had me come in early, work most of first shift. Then 3:30 when my shift started I was called into HR's office and terminated.

I really can't think of anything positive to say about this business. I stayed to myself and yet the "little girls" still managed to start drama with me. If you enjoy bratty kids, horrible management and broken promises, then this is the place for you.
Pros
Cons
I'd be here all day...read my review.
Productive place to work with a game room.
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Madisonville, KYJune 26, 2016
Overall the company was great to work for. Didn't agree with some of the things that occurred in management. Too many gray areas when needed not to be. A fast growing company expanding each year.
Pros
Good wages
Cons
Non Paid lunch
Identity Search
Front End Lead/Manager (Current Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAMay 18, 2016
Sales tracker review. Store appearance. Daily goals for that specific day. Review any customer issues that need to still be addressed from the previous days work.

Supply chain logistics enhancements.
Upper Management still looking for an identity as to who and what they truly want to be.

Great co workers.

Certainly the most difficult part of my position is not having a clear career path with this company. That is to say that the company has plenty of skilled people employed, they just are struggling on how to keep them motivated and utilize them to the best of their abilities.

Most enjoyable part of my job is that I am confident in my abilities and product suggestions to my customers.
Pros
great co workers
Cons
Lack of opportunity/career path
Another typical call center/warehouse job
Customer Resolution Specialist (Current Employee) –  KentuckyMay 4, 2016
management is incompetent, sarcastic and base a lot of their interaction between employees based on emotions opposed to professionalism. Someone they like is protected from rebuttal while they talk their way around and twist words to justify why the other party is wrong. Amateur hour! I've never worked at a job where you are told to make independent decisions and once you do those decisions are shot down and criticized by some of the most ignorant people who only got their positions based on tenure. employees work together but are quick to point the finger if someone does something wrong cause for some reason management promotes always being right and perfect, which is unrealistic especially since they themselves do not always be correct. this is a basic typical call center job, drama included that advertise entrepreneurship and drive but is actually not a place for serious young professionals who value their work and are promoted based on merit. if you are good at brown nosing and passing the blame, this is the company for you.
Pros
set hours, holidays off, break room
Cons
management is incompetent, sarcastic, and base and lot of their interaction between employees based on emotions, pipe dreams type job
Poor leadership
Packer/Shipper (Former Employee) –  Cumberland, MDMarch 25, 2016
Expectations are ridiculous for the wages paid, shift supervision is horrible, juvenile behaviors displayed constantly. Supervisors threatening to write you up many times throughout shift as well as withholding breaks and cutting into lunch time. Physical expectations could be disasterous.
Cons
Shift supervision

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Clark Associates. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8