Clark Atlanta University Employee Reviews

Lack of insight on the part of new president.
Associate VP (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 6, 2018
New president foolishly relied on the expertise of two very unqualified fake professionals to advise on the culture and inner workings of CAU. The consultants selected to advise and assess the university were inept, regressive, cynical morons with absolutely no valid skillsets to manage any professional responsibility.
Pros
CAU is a wonderful HBCU with an enormous amount of potential
Cons
Needs a dynamic, powerfully motivated leader to take it to the next level.
intern researcher
Student Researcher (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 18, 2017
i worked as an intern for research but the job atmosphere was really great. Also you really learn a lot in the research dept from the professors and have a great outlook regarding networking.
Work-Life-Balance Non-Existence
Director / Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 6, 2017
LONG, LONG HOURS!!! Not enough staff to effectively manage the department. This also added to the lack of work-life balance. Very friendly co-workers. Manager was much less than desired. Provides no room for career growth. Work-space was dated.
Students were great
Residential Hall Director (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 16, 2017
I loved working with the college students and helping guide them in their yound adult lives. I still have some that call me or contact me on social media for advice on various things to this day.
Pros
Working with the students
Cons
Management was not very ethical
My time interning at Clark Atlanta University
IT Intern @ Office of Technology and Communication (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 3, 2017
Interning at Clark Atlanta University was a rewarding experience for me I value the time I spent there. My Mentors were great teachers and the taught me a lot. I truly enjoyed my time there the environment was balanced a got to work with a great staff of people.
No Structurw
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 29, 2017
This Company is not structured and has no real leadership to keep up with today's times in moving forth. They were not up-to-date iin procedures with the times.

People came in late and left early.
Not a truly organized place to work
Expert level competence (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 19, 2017
Not a very organized place to work in....there was an annoying disconnect between management promise and the actual situation of things on a daily basis
Very interesting work culture
Executive Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 14, 2017
It was a great opportunity to impact the lives of young people. Working in the office of the president, the days were typically high paced with lots of activity.
Pros
opportunity to affect change, many people willing to work together, great benefits
Cons
many resistant to change, lack of ownership, many set in their ways
Wonderful Workplace
Public Safety Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 7, 2017
Supervisor was very nice and understanding. She was very helpful while working with her and after. She and others in the office have been an asset to my professional career and my personal life.
Pros
Other employees
Cons
Pay and that I could not stay
public
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 5, 2017
assisting people on how to get to current places on campus.. doing a DAR.. patrolling assign area...... securing all exits , maintain a good work place
Job Summary
Defensive Line Coach (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 31, 2017
I work as a member of the athletic staff. I managed the student athletes days as a member of the football staff. i worked with the defensive coordinator to plan out practices and game plans for the opponents daily.
Ability to advance based on job performance.
Lieutenant (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 15, 2017
As a supervisor (Lieutenant), I perform many duties from scheduling to vehicle maintenance. Challenges are common in any line of employment, but being employed for Clark Atlanta University P.D. has afforded me the opportunity to grow and be a mentor to several Officers. My reason for seeking other employment is due to relocating.
Higher education
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 28, 2017
Extremely pleased to work with the students and implement programs that were beneficial to their development. Management was helpful with ideas or suggestions.
Typical day
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 11, 2017
I loved my job when I began. After 2 years of working, the Dean retired. Someone else took over and the office took a turn for the worse. Management was horrible and did not show respect to the employees.
Not what I expected
Accounting Clerk (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 11, 2017
This position was not at all what I expected and it was a lot more file clerk type work than accounting clerk type work. The workplace culture also revealed some things within my first two weeks that caused me early on to make a decision not to be there long term.
Pros
Learned some things about grants and contracts
Cons
Expectations of position not met
Why
Undergraduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 10, 2017
These surveys are a waste of my time. Why would you force me to do these surveys? This is cruel and unusual punishment. I'd write ten hours worth of surveys and still never get a job.
Working in a southern college environment
Campus Safety Officer (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 5, 2017
A typical day at Clark Atlanta was boring at times because of the nature of the job. Most of the job was proactive. I checked and secured buildings. The more exciting times was when I worked the sporting events, the Olympics, and the band events.
Pros
Southern College life
Cons
Politics
N/a
Biology Department Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 16, 2017
Normally I would go in to work after I finished my classes for the day and there would be about five other people there too and there was really no work for us to do while we were there.
Fun Place to work
FACILITY ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 6, 2017
Very relaxed and smooth job. includes heavy lifting. Great company to work for. Supervisors are very nice and they understand. work includes outside work and it can be hot or rainy.
Not recommended
Media Relations Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 23, 2017
Perpetual toxic work environment. There is a culture of jealously and a refusal to be innovative, proactive and adaptive to new ways of doing business in order to move the organization forward.