Clark Atlanta University Employee Reviews

Productive workplace
Laboratory Assistant Intern (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 5, 2017
Very good learning environment, I learned a lot of different lab techniques. The work environment is also very calm, making it easy to get work done and to concentrate properly.
Intern (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 20, 2017
Working within the Mass Media Department of CAU has allowed me to work on my portfolio for the future and has allowed me to build relationships with people who are where i want to be in the future. this job allows me to see the ins and outs and the behind the scenes work in Production.
Pros
Experience
Cons
Could only work around school scuedule
Professor of Engineering (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 28, 2017
laid back atmosphere with zealous students.
The professors are great to work with and the benefits are also very good.
The place is always kept clean and conducive for work.
A powerful Research and Teaching Institution
Research Professor (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 25, 2017
Have good research institutes along with the investigations made in the Departmants. The facilities are state of the art and Faculty very qualified
Pros
Very good facilities
Postdoc doing research
Postdoc Researcher Teaching Associate (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 2, 2017
Typical academic environment - challenging work, flexible hours etc. Really bad administration though, it is a miracle that the institution is still running today.
Stressless environment
Receiving Clerk (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 10, 2017
I receive in goods and services for the University. I account for most staff and faculty item purchases. I work directly with the purchasing department with three other co-workers. However, I am the only person within in my area. I like my position because I am not micro-managed and work in a peaceful environment which I enjoy.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Unsafe work conditions
Nice fun place to work
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 9, 2017
my 3 years at Clark Atlanta University were nothing less than wonderful. I loved my supervisor and my coworkers. Working here I learned a lot about myself
Stable Employment
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 5, 2017
This university is a great place to work. Right in the heart of Metro Atlanta. The culture is just like family. Right off of I 20 and close the the interstates.
Organization have great potential of being a world class University
Human Resources Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 3, 2017
Organizational re-aligment of top executive with strategic planning may provide the exceptional opportunities of greater ratings.
A very Productive working place.
CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 8, 2016
A very enjoyable working place. The co-workers and students was were very friendly. It provided the flexibility that I needed as a student. I enjoyed my work each day.
A place to build connecrions
Executive Administrative Assistant to CIO (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 15, 2016
If you a seeking a place to make connections and have a good working life with students and staff then any college is the place for you.

If you are looking to grow and move through the ranks,then Clark Atlanta is not a place for growth,.
Pros
good people
Cons
Short break, no room for growth, heavy office politics
Office Assistant
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 11, 2016
I worked with the Director of International Studies. I learned that many students have a desire to study abroad but no monies. The hardest part was having to run to work after my swimming credited class. I enjoyed this job.
Chair, Professor, Performer
Associate Professor of Music (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 29, 2016
Teaching, meetings, participatory management, co-workers highly motivated, excellent work ethic. Hardest part of job was balancing administrative duties with teaching responsibilities. Most enjoyable part was Commencement Ceremonies. There, a professor could see the fruits of her labors with students realizing their dreams.
learned alot
Microbiology Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 9, 2016
I worked hand in hand with the professor who was also a scientist, I learned a lot along the way, It made me excited to one day become a medical lab technologist
Amazing place to work!
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 7, 2016
What a great experience I had working at Clark! Both staff and students were great. While working in the Mass Media Arts department, I gained so much knowledge and I am glad
I had a chance to be a part of an amazing team!:)
Nice being able to work and complete school
Computer Tech Specialist (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 2, 2016
•Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to work well with others in a team environment.
•Ensures that products for installation are available and operative within a timely manner.
•Migrate old data from existing system to new systems as required.
•Research, install, and test software updates and patches to support applications and various operating systems.
•Maintain technical operations around Clark Atlanta University to ensure top functionality of hard and software.
Cons
short staffed
Clark Atlanta University
Assistant Minister (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 25, 2016
My typical day of work would consist of counseling college students who were struggling with trying to finish school. I worked with individuals who in the church setting with helping with baptism, communion, organizing programs such as Religious Emphasis Week, and organizing think thank discussions.
Productive and flexible
Admin Asst./SAFETY INSTRUCTOR AND INSPECTOR (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 8, 2016
Productive and ability to challenge my skills as to explore areas I have not gone such as working closely with the environment and it challenges and teaching others how to be safe.
Pros
Introduce me to teaching others how to be safe in the work place
Cons
No upward growth
Productive and helpful
Public Administration Student (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 22, 2016
My typical day at work consists of coming in and assisting the department chair and professors as well as fulfilling all the tasks at hand to the best of my ability. My co-workers are also work-study students and we all complete the same tasks daily. The environment is people friendly and is safe and helpful to me as a college student. It's a place I can depend on for completion on my assignments for class and a place I can study and ask questions if I need help. The most enjoyable part of the job is that it teaches me more responsibilities and how to manage my time correctly.
Pros
friendly environment, understanding supervisors
Great learning environment
Resident's Assistant (Former Employee) –  GAMarch 16, 2016
Great place to teach and learn. They care about their students! Students are able to get a chance to teach and work in labs .

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Clark Atlanta University. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval