Clark Atlanta University

Clark Atlanta University Employer Reviews

Great entry position
Office of Strategic Communications (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJune 24, 2014
Pros: great working environment
Gave me a chance to work long side business professionals while being student at CAU.
Great Colleagues, Some Really Great Administrators
Special Projects Coordinator (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAMay 29, 2014
Pros: colleagues, administrators, technology
Cons: salary
I taught at CAU for four years. My division coordinator was a train-wreck, but the rest of the faculty culture was so good that I stayed for four years, and I wish I had stayed longer (I took a different job).

They have great technology, even though many of the faculty are very reluctant to move into the 21st century (very common problem, unfortunately).

Students – more... were wonderful--smart, respectful, and incredibly nice.

Never saw the president, but the VP of Academic Affairs is tops! He's really the best administrator I have every seen.

Great faculty governance, and strong culture. – less
Great work and study environment
Teacher Assistant (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAMay 29, 2014
Clark Atlanta University is really a good work environment. I got there in August 2012 when I was coming to start my Masters program in Physics. I learned a lots of thing like computer skills and applied physics. At the same time, I was teaching Physical science Lab class. I enjoyed sharing the knowledge with students, I learned how to deal with different – more... kind of people (students), and while I was teaching, I was learning too. – less
Fun environment with a great community of students and staff
Head Women's Tennis Coach (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAMay 15, 2014
I enjoy working for Clark Atlanta University. The community of people and students are fun and inspirational.
Challenging
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAMay 6, 2014
Pros: positive work enviroinment
Cons: no health care coverage and hourly wage
A typical work day included creating and updating literature collecting , reviewing and organizing data as it related to the research subject area.
Dedicated, Team Player and Focus
Adjunct Faculty (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAMay 5, 2014
 Quantitative and qualitative research professional with more than 20 years’ experience as a statistical researcher and analyst in small business development and program evaluation to improve the effectiveness of government contracting to minorities and small businesses. Training and experience in public health research applying appropriate statistical – more... tools.
 Ability to manage multi-disciplinary research project, including but not limited to statistics, Biostatistics, economic and financial data analysis. Highly effective in working and communicating with a wide range of stakeholders, including organizational leaders, policy makers, researchers and program staff.
 Conducted numerous statistical, economic and financial studies with results leading to program formulation for public and private entities. Capacity to work on multiple projects, very effectively under pressure and ability to meet deadlines for time sensitive projects. Work effectively and efficiently in a multicultural environment. – less
Exciting
Social Work Intern / Graduate Assistant (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAApril 19, 2014
Pros: alot of opportunities
Cons: not enough time in the work day.
Learning new task!!
Laerning new task!!
Learning new task!!
Time Consuming but worth every minute great job.
Women's Basketball, Scholarship Member (Current Employee), Atlanta GaMarch 17, 2014
Pros: travel, help pays for school
Cons: short breaks
I label this as a job because this is what I do for over 8 months straight and give it all my dedication. I practice hard everyday and learn new plays. My coach is a great role model she not only support me on the court but also off of it. The hardest part of this job is to lose. The most enjoyable part is when I have fun doing what what i enjoy.
Productive workplace with friendly people
Secretary: Human Resources (Current Employee), Atlanta,GaJanuary 10, 2014
Cons: short breaks
A typical work day is usually busy but manageable, the things i learned from this job is how to work in deal with different people, fax and copy important documents, answer phones take messages and deliver mail.As far as management you have to take the lead when your co-workers are busy with another task.My co-workers are the best people to work with, – more... they are very inviting and knowledgeable about their jobs. I would say that their is not a hard part to my job because once you learned what to do it is smooth going. The most enjoyable part of my job is meeting new people everyday that comes in and out of our office you learned to work and adapt to all kinds of people from different cultures and backgrounds. – less
Remember your mission
Computer Technician Specialist (Former Employee), atlanta georgiaJanuary 10, 2014
Pros: good people work there buts its the administration thats running the school down
Top level staff have forgotten their mission to educate
Its all about job titles and milking university
Very good palce to work and study as a grduate student
Researcher (Current Employee), Atlanta, GADecember 30, 2013
Everybody at the Clark Atlanta University work together as a family and give great confidence to stand on your feet
A great institution for learning and even greater potentual for cultural experiences.
Program Administrative Coordinator (Former Employee), Atlanta, GADecember 26, 2013
Pros: knowing the outcome benefits an entire unit.
Cons: when there is no known alternative.
A typical day consists of 8:45 to 5:45.

What I have learned is to always be prepared for the unexpected. And, when your co-workers are on the same page with you, the outcome can be rewarding...

The hardest part of a job is not being able to meet expectations.
I enjoy a days' work when I can meet all deadlines and I am especially pleased with the quality – more... of my work. – less
Busy atmosphere yet productive.
Honors Program Assistant (Current Employee), Atlanta, GADecember 3, 2013
I assist anyone who has questions about the program or school. I get mail and make copies and help plan future outreach programs.
I learn how to work in a busy space.
My management is always helpful in giving me new information about the program and school.
I have no co workers.
The hardest part of the job is organizing and maintaining the environment.
The – more... most enjoyable part of the job is seeing programs that were in planning stages actually take place. – less
Productive work environment
Peer Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), Atlanta, GADecember 3, 2013
Excellent team of workers. Very personal relationships developed with supervisors and other co workers.
True to core
NASA College Intern (Former Employee), Atlanta, GANovember 23, 2013
Great sponsors, Great environment, Easy Friendships. I cannot say anything bad. I was trusted by NASA with research work even though I had a break down. The timing like RGIS was it. All proffessional staff. No thinking of slavery even though I was in that territory years later - 1800's versus 1900's and 2000's.
Positive Atmosphere
Social Work Intern / Graduate Assistant (Former Employee), AtlantaNovember 22, 2013
No opportunity for advancement
Human Resource Representative (Former Employee), Atlanta, GANovember 16, 2013
Pros: eating lunch with the president
Cons: no room for advancement
A typical day at work was helping faculty get their paychecks and benefits on time. I learned so much about HR/Payroll. Management was fair, my co workers worked together to get the work done. The hardest part of the job was watching employees who had been there for years leave and the most enjoyable part was explaining the benefit plans to the new – more... enrollees – less
Summer Job
Instructional Technology Assistant (Former Employee), Atlanta, GANovember 10, 2013
Cons: horrible boss
This job was okay. Not much to do. Loved my co workers and loved that it was a job at my school.
Challenging workplace
Account Representative, Office of Student Accounts (Former Employee), Atlanta, GANovember 8, 2013
Great co-workers and team environment. Very stressful and lots of difficult situations to handle.
school
Student Assistant and Ambassador (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAOctober 28, 2013
It was a fun environment. I learned how to conduct mysel professionally.

1 2 3