Clark Atlanta University Employee Reviews in United States

Clark Atlanta University
Assistant Minister (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 25, 2016
My typical day of work would consist of counseling college students who were struggling with trying to finish school. I worked with individuals who in the church setting with helping with baptism, communion, organizing programs such as Religious Emphasis Week, and organizing think thank discussions.
Productive and flexible
Admin Asst./SAFETY INSTRUCTOR AND INSPECTOR (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 8, 2016
Productive and ability to challenge my skills as to explore areas I have not gone such as working closely with the environment and it challenges and teaching others how to be safe.
Pros
Introduce me to teaching others how to be safe in the work place
Cons
No upward growth
Productive and helpful
Public Administration Student (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 22, 2016
My typical day at work consists of coming in and assisting the department chair and professors as well as fulfilling all the tasks at hand to the best of my ability. My co-workers are also work-study students and we all complete the same tasks daily. The environment is people friendly and is safe and helpful to me as a college student. It's a place I can depend on for completion on my assignments for class and a place I can study and ask questions if I need help. The most enjoyable part of the job is that it teaches me more responsibilities and how to manage my time correctly.
Pros
friendly environment, understanding supervisors
Great learning environment
Resident's Assistant (Former Employee) –  GAMarch 16, 2016
Great place to teach and learn. They care about their students! Students are able to get a chance to teach and work in labs .
Wonderful HBCU
Admissions office clerk/ work study student (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 15, 2016
Clark Atlanta is such an amazing institution with such an amazing, and rich heritage. 2015 was my first time ever working at the institution, everyone works together as a team to fulfill the needs of the school. The office of admissions rocks!
Clark Atlanta Football Office
Graduate Student Intern Football Operations (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 10, 2016
I am a football coach at Clark Atlanta University fulfilling roles as coach’s players of all ages from as young as five years old, and all ability My working day is never the same twice, but is typically split into day sessions and evening sessions. During the day my role is a Physical Education (PE) teacher in various Primary Schools, and during the evenings my role is as a Football Coach. During the day I will be delivering PE lessons within primary schools, teaching football along with other various sports following the National Curriculum. During the evenings I will be delivering football sessions to players within
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Long Hours
Exciting Place to Work Event Settings was all the time!!
Maintinance (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 31, 2015
we had to set up for many Activities that was on a frequent basis because 2 Colleges ran together Morehouse College students would need as two Maintenance programs join in to give each other a hand to set things in the middle of 2 schools o the both could endure the entertainment and resources that was giving by both schools keeping them out of the rain or sun placing things putting together things of that nature painting and moving things around to provide for students that stayed on and off Campus ,Ground Keeping everyday was a good day because providing for Our Future kids so they can Help the world around
Pros
free lunches, Breaks
Cons
good Dental and Health Care
job stability
Adjunct Professor (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GeorgiaOctober 8, 2015
I did not have job security at this place of employment. The more I encouraged the students to better their abilities, the more insecure I became. The students admired my credentials but they did not want to work for it.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
unmotivated students
Politics
EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 26, 2015
Nice place to work if you live close to the campus. Flexible and family friendly depending on the department you work in. Children are allowed to come to work if sick or off of school. Management/Human Resources is fair if you play by the rules. Lots of politics, just keep your hands clean and stay out of the gossip because there are no secrets on campus.
Pros
tuition waiver for children, benefits, discounts, employees and networking
Cons
location
Friendly and Fun Work Environment
Art Gallery Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 17, 2015
Small department with a total of 4 employees including myself. I was able to give tours to students and other gallery visitors and attend openings and faculty celebrations. Boss and supervisors became mentors
Pros
Mentorship in the field
Cons
Little pay, short breaks
Very busy - great rewards.
English Lecturer (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GeorgiaJuly 30, 2015
I was consumed with essay grading and evaluation, but I thoroughly enjoyed the challenge. Colleagues were friendly and willing to share tips for improving instruction, and success stories. It was inspiring to watch aspiring students develop and grow.
Pros
Excellent health benefits, including 50 massages annually
Cons
Limited time for research projects.
An academic institution that focus on preparing future leaders
Graduate Research/Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 16, 2015
The graduate chemistry program is not large, but the small community of 15-plus students and 8 professors allows for more personal interactions and sharing of knowledge. Love the high level of research that focus on the synthesizing organic compounds and synthetic polymers for applications in nanotechnology. More importantly, the graduate research focus deeply on developing the ability to think creatively and independently, a skill that is imperative for all scientists. Not everything is perfect, such as the university administration poor decision in ending the engineering program.
Learning Experience
Research Trainee (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 16, 2015
Working in the research lab at Clark Atlanta University was a great opportunity and learning experience. I was able to get my feet wet in cancer research and see first hand the life of a Ph.D student which helped me further determine my career choice. All of the students I worked with were helpful and taught me some life skills that I will never forget.
Pros
Lunch Parties, Birthday Celebrations
Work Study Student (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 21, 2015
A typical day at work I am checking the mailbox, running errands, and helping students the best way I can. My most enjoyable day at work is when I get to engage in conversations with students who take the time out their schedule and sit with me at my desk.
teaching assistant
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 25, 2015
If you're a lab teaching assistant be prepared to work like a slave and do things that aren't in your job description. The labs and equipment is extremely old and half the time the experiments don't even work. The students don't make it any better. They're lazy and have attitudes. They make you go to workshops and the information doesn't apply to you because TAs in science don't do the same things as other TAs.
Reconsider
Data Entry Specialist (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 23, 2015
This place was a huge learning experience for me personally. I learned that not all companies follow policy and procedure. In addition; there was absolutely no room for growth at all, they never encouraged promotion from within. The tension and turmoil in the office as a whole was extremely detrimental to the success of the institution.
Pros
convenient location
Cons
everything about it
Productive and educational Laboratory Experience.
Internship (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GaJanuary 14, 2015
During this research we used re-crystallization as the method to form the desired molecular assembly. Re-crystallization is a technique used to purify chemicals. We do this by dissolving both impurities and different compounds in an appropriate solvent, either the desired compound or impurities can be coaxed out of solution, leaving the other behind. From this cystals are formed after the process of precipation take place. The crystals formed are called co-crystals. We studied the co-crystals formed using nuclear magnetic resonance (NMR) and fourier transform infrared spectroscopy ((FTIR).
Best place to start
Student Accounts (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 10, 2015
In between classes I can check in to work. Balancing life's skills is a lesson to be learned here
Federal Funded Employees
Technology/Program Specialist (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 16, 2014
I enjoyed working at Clark Atlanta University. It's a little different working on the federal side opposed to the university because of all the extra regulations that you have to remember to make sure you stay in compliance with the Department of Education. Once you get finish with your reading material that will become your reference for everything. I wish it was a little bit more diverse but I love the seeing a project created and implemented and the expressions on the students faces.
Great school to recieve higher education
Tutor (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 26, 2014
I loved being a student and employee at Clark Atlanta University. "Find a Way or Make One."