Clark College Employee Reviews

Wonderful workplace
English Tutor (Former Employee) –  Vancouver WAOctober 8, 2016
I worked here as an English tutor on work study with limited hours so the pay was not very good (at minimum wage), but I cannot overstate what a delightful environment it was to work in. Friendly coworkers, upbeat atmosphere, hard-working managers who went above and beyond to keep everyone happy & productive. I would recommend working here if you are a student and need a part-time job that will work around your classes.
Excellent Learning Environment
Lab Technician (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, WASeptember 22, 2016
Clark College Network Technology department encourages excellent job skills and team building. Lessons learned and challenges provided like the real world as much as possible. Lab technicians are there to help students grasp networking concept and work with Cisco Routers and Switches, use monitoring programs and other resources to achieve excellent and the coveted CCNA certification, along with the degree.
Friendly coworkers and fun experiences.
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WAAugust 26, 2016
We would clean offices, class rooms and restrooms.
I learned patience and how to multi-task easier.
Management is awesome and friendly.
The co-workers are fun and patient.
The hardest part of the job was learning how to use the equipment
The most enjoyable part was the benefits and the satisfactory of students.
Pros
Friendly services, involvement fairs, staff gathering
Cons
Short breaks
Clark College Review
Computer Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WAAugust 11, 2016
Overall, a good place to work. Coworkers are friendly, pay and hours are reasonable, easy to access by car or bus. Jobs are available for students on campus should they seek to be paid while attending school, which is how I acquired my jobs there. Management is friendly, and work is reasonable. The student jobs are generally temporary however; someone who wants to do the same job for two quarters will have to reapply both quarters.
Pros
Friendly people, good pay, breaks on the job.
Cons
Hours can vary, shift times can change from day to day.
A good environment, if you're determined.
Software Developer (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, WAJune 17, 2016
A typical day at work involves non-participatory meetings instead of well-written e-mails. Management typically is extremely narrow-minded in terms of changing their processes or the culture in their department.

I have had many opportunities to learn and apply new job skills. Co-workers in my department are friendly and helpful. In my division, they're helpful if you can wait out their typically surly behavior. The hardest part of my job is feeling constrained by the vision put forth by my manager in particular, and a lack of opportunities within my division to collaborate with the few skilled co-workers I have.

In contrast, I do have an opportunity to work with some extremely kind and very intelligent people at the college. Because they are so dedicated to the mission of serving students, it has really helped me feel satisfied in my work and enjoyed the opportunities that I have to work with them.
Pros
Main campus is landscaped beautifully.
Cons
The college very rarely pays for any team-building exercises or treats employees to free lunches.
Productive and fun work place!
Employment Assistant (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, WAJune 9, 2016
Everyone is so welcoming and helpful towards each other. Learning new tasks is not stressful because someone is always willing to help and not judge. The business culture is inviting, encouraging, and not micromanaged, Great place to work!!! I have learned many skills such as leadership, detail orientated, time management, and communication skills!
Pros
lots of celebrations, birthday paties, fun with campus activities included, and always always will work around schedules!
Nice and friendly managers and co-works
Computer Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Computer Lab TechnicianMay 26, 2016
I really enjoyed the job in Clark College. Managers and co-workers over there were so nice and friendly. That was really a nice team work.
Excellent College
Adjunct College Professor (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, WAApril 25, 2016
The NTEC program does an exemplary job of preparing students for a network administrator/engineer. The staff is very accessible and knowledgeable.
I enjoy working at Clark College
Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, WAApril 12, 2016
It possesses a fantastic professional yet fun atmosphere, and there is a clear sense of gratification and devotion to what professionals do here. Everyone is able to have a voice and equity is at an all time high.
It was a exceptional learning experience.
Student run Help Desk (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WAMarch 25, 2016
I was working at the student run help desk for credit. I learned how documentation was the one thing that made the whole job go smoother than anything else. The management or Instructor let the students set the schedule and all the jobs that were brought in were given to be handled by the students. To a very satisfied student and community folk that brought in their computers. The fellow co-workers/ students were great to work with. Hardest part was the trying to get the older computers to run. And the best part was seeing the response of customers that we fixed their problems.
Pros
Good atmosphere
Cons
Was a non paying.
Not honestly what you want to do with your time
Chemistry Lab Aide (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WAMarch 2, 2016
I worked in the chem lab for about 6 months and it was not very fun in total I only earned about $750 and It wash't really worth it. The work is hard, mostly dish washing. Although the lab tech Karina Grass is very nice.
Stimulating, productive, all inclusive invironment.
Instructor : Lecture, Lab, Clinical : NAC program (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WAJanuary 27, 2016
I was part of a great team! As NAC course Instructors we supported one another intellectually and emotionally. I truly enjoyed our inclusive and team building model within our student population and the ever present opportunity to learn something new to enrich my teaching experience and interpersonal relationships,
Pros
Enjoyable on all levels
Cons
No complaints
Fun job with employee interests at heart
Calculus tutor (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WADecember 17, 2015
Everyday I worked on a scheduled time block I set for myself given maximum work-hour perimeters.
People could schedule a 1 on 1 or group tutoring session, or raise their hand when I wasn't currently busy.
I learned how to balance work and studies and learn as I worked.
management was fun and friendly , very personable, but lacked know-how of position.
The hardest part of the job was adhering to a variety of learning styles and handicaps.
The most enjoyable parts were the moments when I did well in teaching others how to teach themselves giving the right motivation to accomplish their work goals.
Pros
Fun group dynamics, very orderly, easy-going
Cons
not enough clientel
Education is the main thing to do at college.
Student run Help Desk (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WANovember 30, 2015
My experience in the college was great. From starting my courses at Clark, I could barely get my first assignment completed, to now I am certified in Microsoft technologies, and can take a computer apart and put it back together and get it working.
As educators we were encourage to be co-learners with our students.
Early Intervention Coordinator/ Instruction (Former Employee) –  1900 ft. Vancouver WaySeptember 14, 2015
What I like most about Clark is that it is a learning environment. People are allowed to be creative and learn and grow as they work. Most of our work was done with a team dynamic which helped the overall work culture.
• Interacted with diverse population by greeting new students and providing campus information and resources • Triage, answered, and problem solved qu
STUDENT LIFE RECEPTION (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WASeptember 3, 2015
I love to served students and community members provided with any resource and help navigated them at main campus Clark College at Student Life front desk.
Very enjoyable position to serve Clark College students in the Computer Labs.
Computer Lab Assistant (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, WAAugust 14, 2015
I am very satisfied with the Lab Assistant position at Clark College because I get the privilege of serving students of my community and Clark College. I am there to help the students to achieve and succeed in their educational goals!
Daycare
teaching assistant, caring (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WAJuly 28, 2015
I worked at the daycare at my college for a quarter to get some money for schooling. A typical day at work consisted of making snack, supervising nap time while the lead teachers took a break, covering shifts for others, helping with daily activities, and keeping the children entertained. I learned that sometimes it's hard to work with children under five, especially when they aren't your own.
Management was good, although I hardly ever saw them around. As far as I know, my boss was there from the start of the work day until about fifteen minutes before closing. My co-workers were very nice, albeit a little condescending. I don't blame them for that, because I know it can be hard to make the transition between speaking to a child and speaking to someone who is older when you've been speaking to the children all day long.
The hardest part of the job was not disciplining the children. We had to address problems with sayings such as "Please don't do that", or "You need to move your body away from the situation right now". The most enjoyable part of the job was working with the children when they decided to behave. Usually they were so cute and willing to try anything.
Pros
occasional snack, lots of hours
Cons
long hours, children, lots of diaper training and toilet training.
Great education and postive imput from professors and staff
Student Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WAJuly 6, 2015
Great environment for team work and advancement. Everyone is helpful and encourages success. My supervisor was helpful and supportive.
Cons
I have none. It was one of the best places to work.
Learning
Learning Specialist (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WAJune 27, 2015
Wonderful sense of community, always people willing to reach out and give a helping hand, definitely expanded team work and communication skills, refined ability to meet deadlines.
Pros
Learning
Cons
Volunteer

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Clark College. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2