Clark College Employee Reviews

A Good stepping stone to a real job
Student Affairs (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WANovember 27, 2017
The only good thing about Clark College is you'll learn what a college should not function like. lots of poor decision making, lots of talking with no action, poor management from the top down, plenty of meetings that should be emails, and a very poor culture. borderline toxic in many depts. There is literally no room for advancement unless you're a good friend of management or a poor performer. Somehow Clark seems to promote those over the people who are hardworking and results driven.
Pros
Making a difference in people's lives
Cons
Too many to list
Fun and community-centered
Volunteer Tutor for ESL (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WANovember 26, 2017
My experience in working under Clark College was that of a volunteer tutor. The staff was welcoming, and the students were a joy to teach! I loved coming in to "work", all the while knowing that I was serving my community and had the support of the staff.
Clark College Foundation
Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WAOctober 26, 2017
I do not recommend working at Clark College Foundation. It is not a healthy organization under current management. Everything looks nice from outside the organization but employees are depressed and stressed. Management talks down to employees and micromanages workflow so that projects run behind schedule. Lots of turnover in the last 2 years.
Underperforming employees aren't held accountable for their work and attitude. It creates a lot of tension and a horrible work environment when office bullies get away with yelling at staff and being disruptive.
One set of rules for some people, (coming in late, not answering email, not showing up) and then there are rules for everyone else.
Pros
Cons
Poor Department Management
Clark College
Engineering Aide (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WAOctober 16, 2017
This was a work study job and I learned as well as attended classes. I was able to work around my schedule and still be efficient in my work study job requirements.
Super chill and flexible
Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WAOctober 14, 2017
Very chill environment and provides hours that work well with your school schedule. Allowed to do homework during shift as long as it doesn't keep you from helping other students.
great place to work
Adjunct Instructor Communication Studies (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, WASeptember 29, 2017
great place to teach - lots of development and engaged students. great place to work full support from college deans and administrators. great tech support and resources
Great work environment
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, WASeptember 5, 2017
The Teaching and Learning Center is a calm, yet fun place to work. Everyone within the department is friendly and willing to help anyone who walks through the door.
A Typical Teaching Day
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WASeptember 5, 2017
I would normally show up to work one hour early and open up the classroom at least one-half hour before class starts. This allowed me to get to know some of the students who showed up early or help them with some of the assignments they were having difficulty on. I would start the class with a humorous icebreaker. Then I would jump into the instructional time. It was always a joy to see lights turn on in the eyes of the students as they comprehended the material. The fun part of what is usually a three-hour class period was leading the class though a computer lab where they got the hands-on experience. I often found myself staying around after class assisting students with their labs. If I did not have any appointments or meetings, I would head home where I would prepare for the next class period.
Pros
Being able to invest in the lives of students, being able to choose the textbooks, good working hours, support from my department head
Cons
Long drive to work, rush hour traffic
Clark College a good place to work at
Student Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WAAugust 2, 2017
I have been working at Clark for two years as Student Ambassador. I highly recommend my friends to work at Clark for having a peaceful environment to work at, an amazing atmosphere, and diverse workplace.
Typical government environment
Director of Safety and Security (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, WAJuly 25, 2017
Clark has may opportunities and offers great educational options. Great work hours and good life work balance. Decent career development options through Lynda.com
Pros
excellent educational environment
Cons
not very organized, typical "government" work environment
Necessesary place for students looking for employment.
Career Center Assistant (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WAJuly 23, 2017
A typical day at Clark College consisted of helping students with resume and mock interviews. The hardest part of the job was getting students scheduled at the last minute. I learned that everyone gets a little nervous when it comes to interviewing. The most enjoyable pat of the job was helping the students find a job. The management was very fair and approachable. The workplace culture was balanced.
Alway looking for the best and most up to date equipment.
Student Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WAJuly 21, 2017
Although I really enjoyed the experience of being part of Clark College, I did see a lot of good professors cut yet adding more executive staff which can make an organization top heavy. That being said, I had many opportunities to achieve my goals and focus on new targets for the benefit of gaining additional knowledge.
Pros
Alwasy forward thinking.
Cons
Good Professors being cut who created great value to the organization.
Wonderful, supportive environment
Office Assistant I (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, WAJune 27, 2017
As a student hired as an institutional hire, I could not have asked for a better situation. My supervisor was a dream, my co-workers were all wonderful, and the job itself was wonderful. Great atmosphere and always something new.
Pros
Schedule adapted around classes
Cons
Hours were limited by state constraints
Clark
Child Care Lead (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, WAJune 12, 2017
• Assist with activities, daily routine and children’s needs
• Prepare materials
• Clean up such as sanitizing tables and diaper area
• Communicate with parents and other workers to work as a team

I would also plan out breaks for everyone.
My best job ever!
Set up and reset table and chair arrangements (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, WAJune 5, 2017
The management and co-workers are great to work with. The work is hard. I like seeing the difference in the area after I am done cleaning. It helps the students to study better, the instructors to teach better and the campus to look better. It is a great job.
Pros
Many opportunities to train
Cons
The commute to get to work.
Not Super
Scholarship Aide (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, WAJune 3, 2017
Honestly it's really boring and although I have some great co workers the students can be really rude and the supervisors are unpredictable.I wouldn't recommend it for anyone who isn't interested specifically in working at a school
Great Atmosphere
Student (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WAJune 2, 2017
Fantastic staff and a great atmosphere make it an inviting place to spend time. The people who are there to help you make it so that no question you have ever feels like it goes unanswered.
Custodial
Custodian (Current Employee) –  Vancouver Junction, WAMay 29, 2017
It is relaxed because of the early morning hours I do work, but still fast-paced and stressful due to the tasks that must be completed during a shift. Overall, coworkers are pleasant, as is management.
Clark
Network Engineer (Former Employee) –  Washington StateMay 29, 2017
One area for improvement, Salary. In part do to the effort to keep education affordable. Otherwise grate place to work. Welcoming to diverse cultures, although some staff can be territorial and resist change.
Pros
Wecoming Place to work!
Cons
no ed discount
Certificates In Culinary Arts
Intern/Assistant Manager/Cook (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WAApril 18, 2017
Received a number of certificates from the culinary arts certificate program; wine appreciation, food handlers card, etc.. I would gladly go back for continued education and employment.
Pros
Just a great place to be / good people.
Cons
Sometimes hectic / on feet all day.