CLARK CONSTRUCTION Employee Reviews

Fun to work
Carpenter (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCNovember 13, 2017
Honestly i can say the company is very reliable and beneficial to the clients . Ive obtained much under my belt as a carpenter and will recommend this company to anyone trying to stay working . the only issue i have is that its temp work and i need a career personally.
Pros
Many
Cons
Ok
Competitive, need to be a self starter
Contracts Support Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bethesda, MDOctober 13, 2017
Good company to work at, good benefits, need to be self starter in order to advance. Company is very old school, blue collared, and structured, good place to make connections.
Construction management office
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKSeptember 18, 2017
A bit gender oriented, some people were nice most of the time. Working with contractors, superintendents, making invoices and do general office tasks, etc.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Personalities
great company to work for
Safety Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 14, 2017
opening and closing of gates, coordinate delivers and pick up of equipment. monitor safety and safety concerns. some days were longer than others and you had to stay to get the job done
not a good company
Boilermaker (Former Employee) –  Point Comfort, TXSeptember 13, 2017
at times we would only get 25 hours even less.
they would fire people so they wouldnt have to pay them unemployment.poor management from supervisors and foremen
Pros
get to learn
Cons
no benefits, no raises, no management
Most days were Stressful .Many days were difficult keeping up with deadlines.. Poor management , micromanaging over the last few years I was there.
Architectural Designer/ Architectural Dep. Manager (Former Employee) –  Ridgefield, CTSeptember 13, 2017
During the 12 years I was at Clark Construction I experienced some good years but they were outweighed by many difficult years. There was a high turnover rate with employees which made it difficult to form relationships with my piers.
Many days I would end up coming in early and go nonstop and leave late, Projects were moved along at an incredibly fast pace often times to the detriment of the project, resulting in mistakes during construction.
However I did learn to multitask , and manage projects. I also learned how to manage people becoming a department manager.
The company did undergo a change in upper management a few years ago that led to a lot of frustration throughout the office which had an overall negative effect of the atmosphere in the office. Many arguments among co-workers started occur.
Over the years these things began to take a toll on me physically and emotionally leading me to the decision to leave.
The one thing that kept me working there for twelve years was working with the clients on a variety of different projects that continued to challenge my design abilities.
Pros
Working with clients, Variety of projects, Developing friendships with a couple of high quality people.
Cons
Underpaid for the work performed. Broken promises. Paid time off never increased over 12 years.
Happy at Work
Construction Worker (Former Employee) –  Bethesda, MDAugust 30, 2017
Great job. It was the best employment I ever had! I would not have left if it wasn't for my family relocating. I enjoyed the hard work and the pay is very reasonable.
Pros
Great Job
Cons
Good
Assistant Superintendent (Former Employee) –  Bethesda, MDAugust 21, 2017
This was a good place to work. I recommend them to others. I wish them well with their future endeavors and for future prosperity. Thank you for the opportunity.
Hard work but honest good company
Carpenter (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTAugust 13, 2017
the employer is awesome to work for, would work hard for his employees. Always giving good feedback, bonuses, and compensation. Room for movement and progression through out the company.
Pros
Good hours, Money, The boss is nice and understanding also works side by side with you
Cons
No benefits
Job experience
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 31, 2017
Learning how to use the different equipment. Working with my hands. The training for each new job I did. I was taught how to lay pipes and how to use the pallet
Pros
Job training
Cons
Depending on the weather when you work a full day or not
Stressful Project Team
Project Management, Intern (Former Employee) –  Bethesda, MDJune 29, 2017
Overall it was short internship, the project manager did not care too much about what i was learning. Worked mostly with field personnel. I had to acquire knowledge through another source to benefit my career. Maybe it was just the project team, but the company overall is very successful.
Pros
Free Lunch
Big Company but not grounded
Framer/Carpenter (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, NCMay 16, 2017
The company as a whole operates effectively and efficient. Can be out of touch with employee needs at times and demands/schedule can be exhausting at times.
Pros
Great work
Cons
Out of touch with employees
Clark construction
Intern Engineer (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 4, 2017
Good place to work if you like the construction field if not don't bother. Pay is good weekly good hours and overtime pay but work conditions are harsh.
Pros
pay, benefits
Cons
short break, weather conditions, work conditions
Laborer (Former Employee) –  MarylandApril 18, 2017
There was always something to work on. It was a fast paced environment. I felt motivated at all times and I learned everything fast due to the high process of elevation.
Good Team to work with
Safety Manager (Former Employee) –  Miami Beach, FLApril 14, 2017
Clark needs to provide better living arrangements for people that travel far from home to do their work. I had to quit because I was not offered per diem and traveled over 1000, miles .
Pros
good team players
Cons
Clark needs to provide better per diem arrangements
Productive work
Carpenter (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 2, 2017
A good decent job just wish the communication was a little bit better. A lot of the workers and supervisors were Spanish culture hard to understand what needed to be done when spoken in English
Pros
Good exercise
Cons
Poor communication
Productive job
Laborer (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAMarch 5, 2017
Skilled labor demolition carpentry cement finisher sheet metal worker operator flok and siccor lift tile installer sheet rock helper painter pipe worl
Ker
Great starter job
Operator (Former Employee) –  Ashland, NEMarch 5, 2017
Great job great people not very safty minded at times and below average pay scale and not a likely retirement job no benefits and no direct deposit
Very hard work
Laborer (Current Employee) –  Bethesda, MDFebruary 8, 2017
This is a hard job. You have to be prepared to work everyday and work hard. The pay is very limited in this position and it's all about who you know.
good place to work
Management fair
Benefits are good
Hours are flexible
Establish rapport with employees
Inspire team to achieve higher
Pros
overtime
Cons
bad weather no work