Clark County School District Teaching Jobs

Clark County School District Teaching Jobs Employer Reviews

Great job!
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVMarch 25, 2014
Pros: good job - while searching for other jobs
I enjoyed my experience as a substitute teacher; it was tough at first, but as time went on, it got to be a pleasure to come to work everyday.
rewarding
Paraprofessional (Current Employee), Henderson, NVMarch 24, 2014
Pros: working with kids
Cons: no work in the summer
being able to teach the kids something new everyday. I learned lots of paitience. management is great. being a Floater i run into great teachers and the staff. The hardest part of my job is witnessing certain situations with the children such as kids being mean towards kids with special needs, seeing neglect of the children from parents. The most enjoyable – more... part of my job is to see the smiles on the childrens faces knowing i made them laugh or just being silly with them. – less
Excellent teaching atmosphere for the kids. Loved working with children.
Teachers' Assistant to Special Ed Students (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVMarch 16, 2014
Pros: working with children
Cons: very early work day...
I was a teachers' assistant in the classroom for Kindergarten, and then, later, to High School kids. I also worked with Special Education kids. I enjoyed it! They just wanted love and direction. I am a people person who learned to treat them like I would want to be treated. Management was wonderful with me, I respected every single one of them. I was – more... always looking on the bright side, and was always smiling, trying my best to make a relaxed and receptive atmosphere in the classroom. The hardest part of the job was having to get up so early!! I always had to be there, ready to work at 6:45 am. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing the light bulb go off in the kids' eyes when they learned something, and understood it. I also loved to see how much the children were learning, and how far their minds were stretching. That was a great joy!! – less
CCSD
Dean of Students (Current Employee), Advanced Technologies AcademyMarch 15, 2014
Cons: education jumps at every re-worked program
Can be a great place to work. I've always worked with great people; excellent teachers and good students.
Teacher
Seventh and Eighth Grade Science Teacher (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVMarch 6, 2014
Good place to work for teachers.
As a teacher, it provides all opportunities to educate youth.
Fifth largest district in the U.S.
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVMarch 6, 2014
This district is continuously hiring, since so much staff comes and goes.
Learning Strategist (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVFebruary 7, 2014
Great students, great people

The most enjoyable part of the job is the different personalities of the students, teachers, and professionals that make their way through the halls of the schools of this district.
Fun working with children
Substitute Support Staff (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVFebruary 4, 2014
Pros: good schedule
Cons: budget cuts
I enjoy children learning. It is rewarding when children progess in their education.
Good People
Bus Driver (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVJanuary 23, 2014
it was fun the traffic with children on the bus. my co-workers were great.
Spends a low amount of money per student and it shows
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVJanuary 9, 2014
Pros: healthcare, the option to be paid among a 12 month period.
Cons: large classroom sizes, job security, pay
This review may be a bit biased because I have never worked in any other districts, but even veteran teachers will express their distaste for clark county.

The first year I was eligible to teach there was a hiring freeze so I was left to substitute in the mean time. The second year, they finally hired me and I was able to work at the school of my choosing, – more... which was nice, but the pay was not enough to allow me to live on my own. I made 30,000 less than the national average wage for teachers. Towards the end of the school year they laid off hundreds of teachers and I was one of them. They didn't inform me until late in the summer of a new assignment which I was greatful for, but it was still heart wrenching to wait. I did get a pay increase for the year of $1000 dollars, but was later taken away from me in March, just like everyone else's pay increase.

This is how I experienced my first two years of teaching and it was just an emotional roller coaster. Teaching is challenging and this just was the icing on the cake. No real support from up top. I haven't even described the way students are effected. – less
Great place to make a difference in a child's life.
Support Staff Substitute (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVJanuary 6, 2014
Pros: making a difference in a child's life; the kids faces
Cons: not enough time to teach; not enough pay
Teaching is a rewarding job. You must have the passion to work with children. Your day maybe routine, but your days are very different. It is a joy to see children learn and how excited they are to be in school. It really touches your heart when a child tells you thank you or I love you. You have to put forth the extra time and effort for each child. – more... Teachers are underpaid. – less
Couldn't recommend ths employer
Math Teacher (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVJanuary 5, 2014
Although I couldn't recommend this employer as a top quality employer, I prefer not to state why and not to speak ill of another person or group of people.
Helping students is rewarding
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVJanuary 2, 2014
I truly enjoy working with the at-risk students. Sometimes it can be challenging, but rewarding.......
always part time
School Bus Driver (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVDecember 29, 2013
Drivers are leaving the bus job due to the fact you won't get hired full time after the required 310 hours you have to put in prior to being considered for full time employment. At first your a stand by driver covering other people's rout. If your lucky you'll get a steady rout and Not have to cover others. They are always in need of drivers prior to – more... the summer cause the full time drivers That were hired 10 or so years ago get sick time and take advantage of it before they lose.it. if you do this job now and put in 200 hours. Your hours Don't keep over the summer holiday. Once your off on the summer brake and you decide to return to drive bus. Your hours worked start at zero. Once you get to your 310 hours you get a interview for full time. At That point Clark county will tell you That they can't hire you full time but can keep you as a part time driver. It sucks but That's how it goes. I had My experience there and I need full time work. I'm just like the rest of you. Family to feed and look after. Can't be wasting time and wondering if I'm working or Not. – less
What I learned from my years at Clark County
BUS DRIVER (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVDecember 29, 2013
During this period of time, I transported regular and special needs children. I worked closely with Parents while transporting the special needs children. I loaded and unloaded wheelchairs, and learned to understand the various disabilities of the students which I transported.
Long Term Substitute School Teacher
Long-Term Substitute Teacher (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVDecember 28, 2013
Pros: purposeful
Cons: lack of respect & interest.
Long Term Substitute School Teacher K through 12,
General, Physical, and Special Eduacation.
great manager
Food Service Worker (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVDecember 14, 2013
loved working with the kids. the manager was great. learned many thing from her.
Creative, innovative, dedicated coworkers
Special Education Teacher (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVDecember 9, 2013
Pros: great colleagues, opportunities for enhanced compensation
Cons: ccsd is the fifth largest district in the country. it is a large machine.
I have had the opportunity to learn from some of the most talented, dedicated, generous educators imaginable. Within my time with CCSD, I have been invited to participate in academic and literacy trainings that have significantly impacted my assigned students.
CCSD has also provided me with the opportunity to work with a variety of students in terms – more... of age, grade, and disability levels through after school tutoring and being invited to provide home bound services for students who were not currently in school due to either health or behavioral problems.
The hardest part of the job is the lack of cohesive communication and inclusion of educators in policy and instructional matters. My craft is very important to me. I would be more fulfilled if I felt my voice was heard. – less
Corrupted organization
School Bus Driver Trainee (Former Employee), Clark County School District???November 24, 2013
Cons: to much corruption, not recomended for non latinos
Corrupted organization, don't accept certain international school certificates legaly translated in NJ to English which was accepted in universities exept in LAS VEGAS but only if you are a MEXICAN???
To the "HELL" with this kind of so called educational organization!!!
Gives experience to young teachers
English Teacher, Design Academy (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVNovember 21, 2013
CCSD us a very large school district in Nevada. Every school is different. My experiences were overall excellent and I became an excellent teacher because of my time working at CCSD.

1 2 3 4 5