Clark County School District Teaching Jobs

Clark County School District Teaching Jobs Employee Reviews

The reasons I love woking in special education
Special Education Paraprofessional (Current Employee) –  NevadaMay 9, 2016
It is absolutely amazing for me to see students actually enjoy learning. That is what typically happens each day at work.
I learned how important it is for individuals to learn life skills, responsibility, social skills, and academics.
I have had the opportunity to work with, and to be supervised by some of the most amazing people I have ever met.

The hardest part of my job, in my opinion, would be working with emotionally challenged individuals.

The most enjoyable part of the job is to see a student feel good about themselves, in what they have learned. That is very rewarding!
Pros
sometimes I can eat when the students have their lunch.
Cons
To deal with angry students, and anti- social behaviors
Lack of job stability for non-contracted employees
Special Education Long Term Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 20, 2016
Long term substitute teachers perform the duties of a contracted teacher, with none of the benefits of a contracted teacher.
Pros
Steady pay check when you work
Cons
no pay check during summer vacation
Very productive to see children with their education development
Instructional Teacher Assistant (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 14, 2016
I had learned working in a classroom setting for the School District is a new methods of teaching to students.
To work in a classroom setting is a team work with collegues, teacher and administrators providing education support and different strategies to help students to achieve their potential.
The hardest part of my job was not able to help students with their educational development because other factors outside of the school affecting their life.
The most enjoyable part of my work is to see students accomplished their learning with good grades and I was able to help them.
Pros
curriculums
Cons
Too many students in the classroom
good experience
Specialized Teacher's Programs Assistant (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 12, 2016
My work experience with the school district has been good.
I love my job.They are good to the employees the only thing that is bad is benefits.
Pros
everything
benefits
Biggest School District Ever
Kindergarten Teacher (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 10, 2016
School district is too big to function. Too many delays in communication. If I was not here for the students then I would've definitely went somewhere else.
many teaching jobs
Special Education Teacher (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 9, 2016
Great opportunity for growth professionally. There are many job openings. The school district is in need of good teachers. Great Pension plan, no state taxes, poor health care.
Pros
opportunity for advancement
Cons
healthcare
Large organization with 357 schools
Library Media Specialist (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 9, 2016
Clark County School District is the 5th largest school district in the nation, with over 320,000 students. Each school has its own culture, depending upon the administrators, neighborhood, and the school mission.
Pros
PERS (Public Employees' Retirement System), decent pay and benefits
Cons
Nevada is a Right to Work state
fun place to work
System Admin (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 4, 2016
great place to work and good benefits. no raises though.

very laid back and sedantary work as long as you avoid office politics you should be fine.
Nice company to work for most of the time
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMarch 24, 2016
Nice place to work, except for the 9 month work schedule. I really enjoy working with the youth. I did enjoy being off holidays and the weekend with my family.
Pros
early work day
Cons
9 month work schedule
Productive and Fun to work at!!!
Math Teacher (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMarch 24, 2016
I am a teacher. First period is at 6:50am which is too early for me. I learned that no matter how early I am to work, I never get things done.
I enjoyed managing students because they know whatever I say feels more right. They are a handful everyday. I go to work daily not expecting what the day will be like.
The hardest part of my job is planning too much for the day. I regret not getting through the lesson plan.
Most enjoyable part of the job… when the students do understand what you're saying by the end of a lesson.
Pros
Prep period besides lunch. We only work 6-7 hours a day.
Cons
Correct papers and writing lesson plans
I loved my job as an autism consultant
Autism Consultant (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMarch 20, 2016
I learned so much about autism through trainings and consultation. I worked with many school in Clark County providing assistance to teachers with autism students.
Stable work environment
GIS Transportation Technician II (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMarch 9, 2016
CCSD has a stable work environment and a very flexible work schedule. The benefits have gotten worse and there is currently a pay freeze due to a deficit in the budget. Overall not a bad place to work but you can definitely get stuck in a rut.
great staff very friendly
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMarch 8, 2016
I enjoyed working seeing the children had a wonderful manager due to a family illness took a leave of absence and could not return to Clark County School district. I feel that all of my days were rewarding because I had the opportunity to work with such great people.
Where schools are like family
Middle school educator, math department co-chair (Former Employee) –  Dell H RobisonMarch 7, 2016
CCSD was not always an easy environment, especially at a high needs, low income school. This was balanced with staff that were like family. Teaching here was a pleasure. Administrators were always available, and wanted to hear about new innovative ideas. We were allowed the freedom to do what was best for our students.
Enjoyed the children
Substitute/Guest Teacher (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVFebruary 25, 2016
Working with children is the reason I went to college to get my degree. If I changed the life of one child while working for CCSD then I did my job. Teaching those students was the light in my day, watching them while they listened to every word I said was precious. When they took tests and did well, I knew I was doing what I was suppose to do.
Pros
The children
Cons
Jumping from one school to another
Productive and Well Put Together School
Assisted class room teacher (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVFebruary 24, 2016
I was a volunteer at CCSD's Betsy Rhodes Elementary School. It is a very nice well rounded and organized school. The staff is quite amazing as well as the students. The principle is very knowledgeable and an even harder worker. The teachers strive to give the students the best education they are able to provide for the students and then some. The overall atmosphere of the school is quite pleasant and a very nice experience.
Rewarding place to work
Guest Teacher (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVFebruary 14, 2016
Challenging but very rewarding job. Other teachers are very helpful in assisting you getting through the day. Management is definitely different depending on what schools you go to, as well as the kids. The pay should be more based on what classes you are teaching, as some are definitely tougher than others.
Pros
Flexible Schedule
Nice hours not great pay
School Clerk (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVFebruary 12, 2016
If you like working with children or office work, this is the place for you. Will take a while to actually make money that you can live off of independently though.
Pros
Nice Hours
Cons
Bad Pay
Not working here any longer.
Bilingual Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVFebruary 6, 2016
I worked at Vegas PBS Workforce and at the beginning they make you feel like it is a happy environment to work at. Then when you have been there for months their attitude changes and they don't care. They don't listen to you when you make a complaint it gets reversed on you and then you lose your job. They don't follow CCSD code of conduct, they make their own. If you lose a family member during your probation don't expect to be let go to the funeral because they don't care. Would hope HR would follow up on complaints made to the supervisor to see if the Manager follows up on complaint.
Pros
A Job
Cons
Manager
Severall opportunities to deal with a variety of issues and personalities.
Principal, Matt Kelly Elementary School (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 24, 2016
As a Principal your day starts early with attention to emails and staff who are not reporting to work and securing substitutes that are qualified to meet the challenges students present when their teachers do not report to work. Scheduled meeting outside the building require ample coverage of the building by capable and reliable staff. Checking during absences from the building to attend workshops and district meetings is on-going. Meeting the educational needs of students and parent concerns is continuous. Your day never really ends as you are always thinking of ways to solve concerns that will be accepted and mutually beneficial for all parties.
Pros
Attending workshops with staff and teaching in classrooms.
Cons
24 hours is not enough to get everything accomplished.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Clark County School District Teaching Jobs. Our community is ready to answer.

Clark County School District Teaching Jobs Reviews by Location