Clark County School District Teaching Jobs Employee Reviews

productive and fun
Nevada (Current Employee) –  Henderson, NVDecember 22, 2015
a typical day at work is face- paced and sometimes really busy, i learned how to multitask way better , management is very good my coworkers are pretty cool and have good hospitality , the most enjoyable part of the job is everything
Student facilitator, lesson planner, and classroom manager.
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 5, 2015
It was a fantastic team environment paired with the fulfillment of realizing you are engaging students to take on the challenge of becoming a life-long learner. Harsh realities regarding union and federal clashes involving methodologies, expectations, and students' needs were challenging, but they were able to be overcome by ensuring positive outcomes were still attainable with careful planning, collaboration, and dedication.
Pros
Challenging and rewarding
Cons
Nice company to work for most of the time
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMarch 24, 2016
Nice place to work, except for the 9 month work schedule. I really enjoy working with the youth. I did enjoy being off holidays and the weekend with my family.
Pros
early work day
Cons
9 month work schedule
Enjoyed the children
Substitute/Guest Teacher (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVFebruary 25, 2016
Working with children is the reason I went to college to get my degree. If I changed the life of one child while working for CCSD then I did my job. Teaching those students was the light in my day, watching them while they listened to every word I said was precious. When they took tests and did well, I knew I was doing what I was suppose to do.
Pros
The children
Cons
Jumping from one school to another
great staff very friendly
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMarch 8, 2016
I enjoyed working seeing the children had a wonderful manager due to a family illness took a leave of absence and could not return to Clark County School district. I feel that all of my days were rewarding because I had the opportunity to work with such great people.
Biggest School District Ever
Kindergarten Teacher (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 10, 2016
School district is too big to function. Too many delays in communication. If I was not here for the students then I would've definitely went somewhere else.
good pay and benefits
Computer Operator-Mainframe (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 28, 2012
A typical day would be running jobs from a job scheduler and printing reports for the various departments. Also did some printing for schools, processed and printed payroll checks and reports. Did backups, year end processing and reports. I learned quit a bit on the job, mostly running office equipment and software. Co-workers were ok. The hardest part of the job was when there were problems with hardware and software. The most enjoyable part of the job was getting through with no problems.
Pros
good pay and benefits
Cons
budget cuts, lack of good training, bad communication between workers and management.
professional development needed
Online Instructor (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 1, 2014
Clark County School District is very "top heavy" in terms of administration and management. Classroom teachers are under excruciating stress and anxiety to ensure that students perform to unrealistic levels of competence. They do not receive the appropriate supports, training or tools to implement everything that is expected of them. Staff morale is at a all-time low with further demands and duties being placed upon teachers' already overwhelming job responsibilities.
Pros
decent healthcare benefits
Cons
unsupportive, hostile work environment
I loved my job as an autism consultant
Autism Consultant (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMarch 20, 2016
I learned so much about autism through trainings and consultation. I worked with many school in Clark County providing assistance to teachers with autism students.
N/c
Special Education Teacher Assistant (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 7, 2015
A typical day at work will be assisting the special students with feeding, walking, toileting, and helping them with the academic and daily living skills. I learned how to listen to the special children to find the best manner to help them. Every body is different and work different so that my coworkers work with me just to help the students with their necessities. There are students with hearing and visual impairment that makes the job a little more challenge. I am a person that like to challenge my good ideas in favor of others so some times it was some disparities with the other coworkers. The children are very special to me and I loved to laugh and play to make them feel a very special time in school.
Pros
Time is short working with children.
Cons
No compensation Benefits.
A lot of work, little respect
Educator (Former Employee) –  Del Sol High School July 18, 2013
Clark County School District does not appreciate their employees. They require them to put in a LOT of hours with decent compensation. There is very little support for the employees and the parents and students run the schools. They are killing Career and Technical Education courses for the sake of proficiency and have no respect for teachers. In fact, the previous Superintendent of schools always threw his teachers "under the bus" and was never their advocate.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Huge classes, no respect, no responsibility to students.
Good to be a substitute teacher
Nevada - Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 27, 2015
It's okay to be a substitute teacher because you basically follow the regular teachers' lesson plans. Compensation is not too bad, either.
Substitutes
Vacancy/Long Term Substitute High School Teacher (Former Employee) –  Clark County, NevadaMay 3, 2015
Substitutes are expendable within CCSD. There are no benefits, no unemployment, and no pay for the work you do outside of the normal bell schedule. Substitutes do not have a union or a human resources to contact for support in the workplace. I have a passion for helping people learn and enjoy teaching high school math and history. The hardest part of teaching is creating a successful learning environment that includes every student in your classroom. It is a challenge I faced every day I taught. It is even harder to create that environment when you are labeled a "substitute" by everyone including the students you teach!
Pros
The joy I feel when my students get what is being taught!
Cons
no healthcare, no pay for the work before and after the bell, and poor pay for the job of teaching as a substitute.
Fun Place to work at school hours for those of us with kids
Licensed Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 25, 2015
As a substitute teacher it is a good place to work at, however long term assignment have you working long hours for the same pay. 30-35 kids per class. No benefits for substitute teacher.
Pros
Work Hours
Cons
No benefits
Nice hours not great pay
School Clerk (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVFebruary 12, 2016
If you like working with children or office work, this is the place for you. Will take a while to actually make money that you can live off of independently though.
Pros
Nice Hours
Cons
Bad Pay
Elementary School Teacher
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 29, 2015
Wonderful place to work with great people. My kiddos put the icing on the cake they were eager and ready to learn in both my special ed and kinder classrooms. I learned about self reflection and how to make changes to teach using different stratagies. My Principal was amazing, she gave me all the recources I needed to be sucessful. The hardestpart of the job is getting all daily plans done in one day (kindergarten is hard) however the most enjoyable part is the reward of making a difference and changing lives.
Pros
Trainings
Cons
No Benefits
Typical day at work I have several periods working with students ranging from reading, math, and science.
Instructional Aide (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 8, 2015
I enjoy what I do working, and assisting the students with their class assignments. I enjoy working with the teacher's and assisting them in a variety of class assignments, job duties from grading, copying, to testing students in reading and math.
Pros
I truly enjoy being a co-op teacher, assisting in class, and helping both students and teacher.
Cons
The hardest part of the job when I have to send or escort a student to the Dean's Office, the downfall of this position not enough hours per day, per week.
No loyalty to loyal employees
Middle School Teacher (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 22, 2015
I worked there for 21 years, and left with very little comaraderie and appreciation. Very cutthroat with administrators and little support.
Pros
Pay and benefits
Cons
No support for teachers
A learning experience each day
Office Specialist (Former Employee) –  Western HSJanuary 20, 2016
Working for Clark County School District was a new experience every day. We encountered many situations that required delicate handling. Our main objective was to insure customer satisfaction on all levels.
Pros
Great hours, wonderful co-workers
Cons
Violence on school property
Fast pace and always something going on
Band Secretary (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 30, 2013
My day started by opening the band room and getting everything open for the students. I would do class role then student would start bring me paperwork or fundraiser items. During the day I would be do from planing trips in and out of the country, to planning concerts, to grades and any thing else that came up during the day.
Pros
worked where my kids went to school.
Cons
was not asked to stay but it was told that you will stay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Clark County School District Teaching Jobs. Our community is ready to answer.

Clark County School District Teaching Jobs Reviews by Location