Clark County School District Teaching Jobs

Clark County School District Teaching Jobs Employer Reviews

Great positive work-place, great staff, colleagues, community, students
BILINGUAL TEACHER K-12 (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVMay 8, 2014
Pros: great staff, students, community, positive environment
Cons: over-crowding, no over-time pay, old facility, lack of supplies/materials
The work-place spread out over 2 bldgs and 16 portable classrooms with insufficient amount of bathroom facilities, no windows, and very over-crowded classrooms and lunchrooms, lack of over-all supplies and had to purchase for my own classroom and just got to be too costly, no security and school had to go to closed campus. The administrative team lacked – more... management skills and favoritism and bullying and lack of communication among faculty was final straw and caused low morale to the point where 15-20 employees transferred out or resigned or retired just to get out of this facility.
The best part was the STUDENTS and the positive environment that was formed by the team effort of 80% my colleagues who were 100% professional and we all came to work early and stayed late and 40 hr week turned into 60 hr week and no over-time, Comp time was provided. – less
Special Educator
Special Educator (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVMay 6, 2014
Having worked the majority of my career overseas, teaching for the Clark County School District in Las Vegas, Nevada was an extremely challenging environment. The general rule for attendance appeared to be students felt they didn't need to attend school to learn.

Many students were homeless, so the gaps in the skills necessary to 'make the grade' were – more... even greater.

Parents appeared to not recognize or accept the need for a home-school connection as a partnership for student success. – less
Relax work environment
Project Manager (Former Employee), LAs Vegas, NV 89128May 1, 2014
Pros: good working environment
Cons: reduction in force
Weekly lunch seminars.
Quite work areas, allowed to go with the projects, constructed soccer fields to HVAC replacement.
Challenging and educational environment.
Teacher - 4th Grade (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVApril 23, 2014
Pros: salary, helping students learn
Cons: it's hard to have a life outside of work, lots of testing, and stringent standards for employees
Challenging and fun position as a 4th grade teacher. However, there were long hours spent after work, and I always had to work from home on the weekends.
A great employer.
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVApril 22, 2014
CCSD is a great employer. I have worked part time for CCSD for about four years while going to school. The flexibility is amazing.
Productive Environment
Title 1 Library Assistant III (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVApril 14, 2014
Productive Environment. I am a Library Aide that works at an Elementary School.
Trained to be a teacher
Teacher (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVApril 3, 2014
Pros: inspire children
Cons: no stabilty
I wrote and implemented lesson plans to meet and exceed parents’ and district’s standards. Provided a sense of leadership to students and to mentor them to success.
Great job!
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVMarch 25, 2014
Pros: good job - while searching for other jobs
I enjoyed my experience as a substitute teacher; it was tough at first, but as time went on, it got to be a pleasure to come to work everyday.
rewarding
Paraprofessional (Current Employee), Henderson, NVMarch 24, 2014
Pros: working with kids
Cons: no work in the summer
being able to teach the kids something new everyday. I learned lots of paitience. management is great. being a Floater i run into great teachers and the staff. The hardest part of my job is witnessing certain situations with the children such as kids being mean towards kids with special needs, seeing neglect of the children from parents. The most enjoyable – more... part of my job is to see the smiles on the childrens faces knowing i made them laugh or just being silly with them. – less
Excellent teaching atmosphere for the kids. Loved working with children.
Teachers' Assistant to Special Ed Students (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVMarch 16, 2014
Pros: working with children
Cons: very early work day...
I was a teachers' assistant in the classroom for Kindergarten, and then, later, to High School kids. I also worked with Special Education kids. I enjoyed it! They just wanted love and direction. I am a people person who learned to treat them like I would want to be treated. Management was wonderful with me, I respected every single one of them. I was – more... always looking on the bright side, and was always smiling, trying my best to make a relaxed and receptive atmosphere in the classroom. The hardest part of the job was having to get up so early!! I always had to be there, ready to work at 6:45 am. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing the light bulb go off in the kids' eyes when they learned something, and understood it. I also loved to see how much the children were learning, and how far their minds were stretching. That was a great joy!! – less
CCSD
Dean of Students (Current Employee), Advanced Technologies AcademyMarch 15, 2014
Cons: education jumps at every re-worked program
Can be a great place to work. I've always worked with great people; excellent teachers and good students.
Teacher
Seventh and Eighth Grade Science Teacher (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVMarch 6, 2014
Good place to work for teachers.
As a teacher, it provides all opportunities to educate youth.
Fifth largest district in the U.S.
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVMarch 6, 2014
This district is continuously hiring, since so much staff comes and goes.
Learning Strategist (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVFebruary 7, 2014
Great students, great people

The most enjoyable part of the job is the different personalities of the students, teachers, and professionals that make their way through the halls of the schools of this district.
Fun working with children
Substitute Support Staff (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVFebruary 4, 2014
Pros: good schedule
Cons: budget cuts
I enjoy children learning. It is rewarding when children progess in their education.
Good People
Bus Driver (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVJanuary 23, 2014
it was fun the traffic with children on the bus. my co-workers were great.
Spends a low amount of money per student and it shows
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVJanuary 9, 2014
Pros: healthcare, the option to be paid among a 12 month period.
Cons: large classroom sizes, job security, pay
This review may be a bit biased because I have never worked in any other districts, but even veteran teachers will express their distaste for clark county.

The first year I was eligible to teach there was a hiring freeze so I was left to substitute in the mean time. The second year, they finally hired me and I was able to work at the school of my choosing, – more... which was nice, but the pay was not enough to allow me to live on my own. I made 30,000 less than the national average wage for teachers. Towards the end of the school year they laid off hundreds of teachers and I was one of them. They didn't inform me until late in the summer of a new assignment which I was greatful for, but it was still heart wrenching to wait. I did get a pay increase for the year of $1000 dollars, but was later taken away from me in March, just like everyone else's pay increase.

This is how I experienced my first two years of teaching and it was just an emotional roller coaster. Teaching is challenging and this just was the icing on the cake. No real support from up top. I haven't even described the way students are effected. – less
Great place to make a difference in a child's life.
Support Staff Substitute (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVJanuary 6, 2014
Pros: making a difference in a child's life; the kids faces
Cons: not enough time to teach; not enough pay
Teaching is a rewarding job. You must have the passion to work with children. Your day maybe routine, but your days are very different. It is a joy to see children learn and how excited they are to be in school. It really touches your heart when a child tells you thank you or I love you. You have to put forth the extra time and effort for each child. – more... Teachers are underpaid. – less
Couldn't recommend ths employer
Math Teacher (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVJanuary 5, 2014
Although I couldn't recommend this employer as a top quality employer, I prefer not to state why and not to speak ill of another person or group of people.
Helping students is rewarding
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVJanuary 2, 2014
I truly enjoy working with the at-risk students. Sometimes it can be challenging, but rewarding.......

Clark County School District Teaching Jobs Photos