Clark County School District Teaching Jobs

Clark County School District Teaching Jobs Employee Reviews

Sort: Helpful | Rating | Date
Severall opportunities to deal with a variety of issues and personalities.
Principal, Matt Kelly Elementary School (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 24, 2016
As a Principal your day starts early with attention to emails and staff who are not reporting to work and securing substitutes that are qualified to meet the challenges students present when their teachers do not report to work. Scheduled meeting outside the building require ample coverage of the building by capable and reliable staff. Checking during absences from the building to attend workshops and district meetings is on-going. Meeting the educational needs of students and parent concerns is continuous. Your day never really ends as you are always thinking of ways to solve concerns that will be accepted and mutually beneficial for all parties.
Pros
Attending workshops with staff and teaching in classrooms.
Cons
24 hours is not enough to get everything accomplished.
A learning experience each day
Office Specialist (Former Employee) –  Western HSJanuary 20, 2016
Working for Clark County School District was a new experience every day. We encountered many situations that required delicate handling. Our main objective was to insure customer satisfaction on all levels.
Pros
Great hours, wonderful co-workers
Cons
Violence on school property
Classes offered to the employee
administrative assistant (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 18, 2016
CCSD is the largest employer of Nevada. I was able to upgrade my skills by signing up to many individual classes that the organization had offer.
Pros
Classes and time off
Cons
Pay wasn't that great
A good place to work, depending on the administration
Educator (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 12, 2016
A good place, yet can be stressful at times. All depends on the teacher's ability to multi-task and stay calm, through all the chaos that can appear at anytime.
I work with nice people
Receptionist/ Counselors Secretary (Current Employee) –  Henderson, NVDecember 27, 2015
I'm obviously not happy working for this company, that's why I'm looking to leave the school district. I haven't received a raise in several years, however, they have no problem taking money from us and raising our health insurance costs. In the 7 years I've worked for CCSD, I think I have received maybe $.05-$.20 in raises.
Pros
the vacation and sick time is great
Cons
pretty much everything else.
productive and fun
Nevada (Current Employee) –  Henderson, NVDecember 22, 2015
a typical day at work is face- paced and sometimes really busy, i learned how to multitask way better , management is very good my coworkers are pretty cool and have good hospitality , the most enjoyable part of the job is everything
Collaborative Environment
English Teacher (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVDecember 21, 2015
My experience in the Clark County School District was a positive one. I had administrative support from day one, and I worked with a terrific team of professionals who made collaboration easy, but most importantly, beneficial for the kids.
Good employer
Substitute Teacher/ Substitute Support Staff (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVDecember 13, 2015
Solid employment. I like working as a substitute teacher. This is a fun job. You have to be energetic and enjoy working with a variety of ages and children.
Good to be a substitute teacher
Nevada - Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 27, 2015
It's okay to be a substitute teacher because you basically follow the regular teachers' lesson plans. Compensation is not too bad, either.
Public Education in NV is Difficult
Special Education Teacher - Licensed (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 13, 2015
My full time position is with the Clark County School District as a licensed special education teacher. While I am passionate about public education and instruction, there is no room for growth or expansion in public education.
Minimun Benefits
Special Education Teacher Aide (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 8, 2015
I loved working with the children but the pay rates are the bare minimum. You do all you can for the students but the people who write your checks give you poor pay.
Typical day at work I have several periods working with students ranging from reading, math, and science.
Instructional Aide (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 8, 2015
I enjoy what I do working, and assisting the students with their class assignments. I enjoy working with the teacher's and assisting them in a variety of class assignments, job duties from grading, copying, to testing students in reading and math.
Pros
I truly enjoy being a co-op teacher, assisting in class, and helping both students and teacher.
Cons
The hardest part of the job when I have to send or escort a student to the Dean's Office, the downfall of this position not enough hours per day, per week.
Geared on dummying down education
Math/Biomedical Engineering Teacher (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 30, 2015
The fact that the government does not want our children to be educated instead of sedated and entertained left a bitter taste in my mouth about the environment of teaching in a public school system.
Pros
Working with kids
Cons
Dealing with beaurocrats
Special Education was very challenging. I learned to be compassionate.
Special Education Teachers Assistant (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 23, 2015
Working with special education children is very challenging. You come up with different skills to teach a child according to the level that they can learn. I learned to be very compassionate, but firm. I learn to be very creative. I worked in a multicultural environment. I had different principals over the years. Everyone of them was exceptional to work with along the exceptional teaching staff. I attended school for free in this school system. Always room for advancement, depends on how far you are willing to climb that ladder.
Pros
Attended school for free, great benefit package, union
Cons
Freeze in salary no raises at certain times
No loyalty to loyal employees
Middle School Teacher (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 22, 2015
I worked there for 21 years, and left with very little comaraderie and appreciation. Very cutthroat with administrators and little support.
Pros
Pay and benefits
Cons
No support for teachers
Great Job Security
Custodial Leader (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 14, 2015
Working for the CCSD gives you great job security. You don't have to worry about the CCSD going out of business. In most positions you're off on the weekends, and holidays,
Job security and good benefits
Lead Custodian (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 5, 2015
Worked well with co-workers, maintained my daily duties, made sure the night staff was completing assigned duties. I enjoyed helping the staff and the rewards for accomplishments and acknowledgements
Pros
pay/benefits
Cons
N/a
Love CCSD!
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 5, 2015
Love working with students and influencing children to take advantage of their futures. There are so many areas of need in the school district and a lot of wonderful and passionate people that genuinely care.
Student facilitator, lesson planner, and classroom manager.
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 5, 2015
It was a fantastic team environment paired with the fulfillment of realizing you are engaging students to take on the challenge of becoming a life-long learner. Harsh realities regarding union and federal clashes involving methodologies, expectations, and students' needs were challenging, but they were able to be overcome by ensuring positive outcomes were still attainable with careful planning, collaboration, and dedication.
Pros
Challenging and rewarding
special needs children
School bus driver (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 2, 2015
Everyday I'm always happy to see my special needs kids on their bus stop. Ready and on time for their day at school. They are my work and they make my day, special needs or not they are my heros.
Pros
a regular routine
Cons
bus dreak downs