Clark County Employee Reviews

great place to work
Airside Operations Escort (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 18, 2017
awesome experience i learned a lot! how to multi task with an emphasis on Tourism Customer Service, and Safety. Las Vegas provides a Unique setting 100,000 customers travel through Mc Carran International Airport yearly making a steady flow of International Residents worldwide with a diverse interest in the City as a whole from the Entertainment to Gambling and Tech Industry so suppling a diverse need to all is a Must.
Ok job
Family Service Assistant (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 12, 2017
Underpaid, over worked, not valued, forever changing.

Love the youth and clients. The is fulfilling, but its the people that make it bad.

Workload is ok, you may find other making more money than you, performing the same job or have the same amount of cases as you.
fun
Poll Worker (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 5, 2017
i like it.... it was real nice and fun and cool.... it would be somewhere i wouldnt mind going back.... i like the people and i made good friends......
A very busy division, but rewarding
Maintenance and Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 31, 2017
Arrive and review work orders that arrived overnight. Check employee's schedule. Determine which tasks to assign based on technician's knowledge, skills and abilities. Prep for meetings.
productive and fun workplace
Election Poll Assistant (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 18, 2017
The management was great. Everyone made it a fun and comfortable working environment. It was a long day but we all worked together and made it through the day.
terrible work place
Jailer/Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Arkadelphia, ARJuly 11, 2017
Show up to work pass out medication to inmates.
Take trustees over to the SO to clean and clean the booking room.
Then book in inmates and get them dressed of they were staying release them if they were not staying.
Release inmates that have served there time or that are being shipped to prison.
Pros
Get to stay up at night
Cons
Co-workers treat you like your worthless
Great
NV (Current Employee) –  NVMay 9, 2017
Excelkent place to work and great benefits. Always opportunities for growth and encourages people to apply for the reimbursement tuition. Several locations.
rock steady
Porter (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMarch 28, 2017
this was good work. worked at night. mostly by myself. the supervisor would come around to make sure you were working and was doing it right. seems like I was buffing floors in my dreams though.
Pros
good steady work
Cons
minimum wage
very productive department
Secretary in Development Services (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMarch 28, 2017
It's a good department to work for. It was quiet, and served a lot of customers, and very professional as well, which is the way it should be at any employment.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
no lunch rooms or cafeteria - always had to go out for lunch
Dismiss-able at will
Juvenile Service Assistant (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVFebruary 20, 2017
Good job. Would be great if pay was more and job security was better. Got rid of longevity pay for new hires and are gunning for those who do have it. Kids have too much power.
All the stability and rigidity of local government
Program Manager I (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WAJanuary 17, 2017
Some areas are clearly trying to break out of the oppressive culture of the organization. Others however, are just paying lip service to that goal. The organization has no clear single purpose and each department seems to act as if it is its own independent fiefdom with little concern for the health of the overall organization.
Pros
good benefits, stable employment
Cons
it's very hard to move areas and there is little room for upward movement
Good times and bad times
SR. SYSTEMS ADMINISTRATOR (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WAJanuary 12, 2017
normal day run 8-5 and is typically enjoyable. in the last 21 years I had the opportunity to implement Microsoft systems for the first time, including Exchange, RD gateway, ADFS, print and share services. I also installed several imaging servers, web and backup systems. Most of the time working with my co-workers was a joy but sometimes it could be challenging but we always worked out the issues. The hardest part of the job was related to working overtime until the system issues were resolved. The most enjoyable part of the job was the challenge of installing new systems.
Pros
I enjoyed working with computer systems.
Cons
Sometime there were high volumn of meetings
Good job
Network Administrator (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, WASeptember 22, 2016
Good job and the people there seem to really care about the employees. Things move at a little slower pace then in the private sector. Overall, i would recommend this position to anyone looking for a career position.
good pay and benefits, hated management
Juvenile Probation Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 4, 2016
love clients I worked with
learned team building
management changes too frequent, very negative management culture
great co-workers, very dedicated
dealing with management, avoiding pitfalls
helping the youth
Clark County
Customer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NV 89121June 30, 2016
I work for the Parks and Recreation department of Clark County. My job is a front desk representative at a local recreation center. I am the first contact for many visitors to our center. I provide information regarding not only activities and classes at our center's location, but information for other recreation centers and for the local area around the Las Vegas strip. The Program Assistant title is a title generously given to different aspects of employment throughout Clark County. My skill set involved office skills i.e. filing, answering phones, creating and printing materials in Microsoft Office, and organizing the front desk area. I work well with time management activities and I go above and beyond my everyday job description in assisting tourists finding recreation locations and other venues, assisting in organizing events, and connecting guests to financial services in a nearby community center.
Pros
Administrative Assistant work experience, flexible work days
Cons
no healthcare or benefits provided and no full time hours available
clark county
Canyon Springs High School (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 9, 2016
Juvenile Service Assistant- Observe secure safe custody of juveniles Performs a variety of supervision, security and treatment duties for juvenile offenders detained in a youth camp; supervises daily living, social, educational, recreational and treatment activities. Performs varied supervisory, security and treatment duties for offenders assigned to intensive probation programs; conducts home assessments, interviews and advises parents, develops and implements a treatment plan for juvenile offenders. Teaches and models social skills; applies behavior modification techniques; plans and supervises various programs, such as physical education, work experiences and recreational activities. Identifies and develops community resources and support programs; maintains communication and liaison with law enforcement, court, social service and community resource personnel and agencies. Maintains a variety of records and case files; writes reports, statements, legal documents, correspondence and other written materials
Enjoyable work environment to get you foot in the door of the County.
Systems Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 14, 2016
My typical work day is just making sure that all the user can connect to the Clark county network at all times as well as to make sure that each user can use their computer effectively.
Terrible
teacher (Current Employee) –  North Las Vegas, NVDecember 1, 2015
Notice none of these reviews came from teachers. Teachers, do not come here! You will be putting yourself and your family through the highest amount of stress imaginable. This situation is anticipated to continue for at least another 5 years, this is 2015. Run in the opposite direction and do not look back.
Pros
A majority of the county families strive for a better education for their kids.
Cons
The administration has so many agendas of their own that the education of the children comes last.
Great benefits and pay raises
Custodian Specialist (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NvNovember 5, 2015
At Clark County an employee has the opportunity to continue to move forward in his or her career or another field. Clark County offer classes in other fields and has great benefits. Clark County also has a diverse culture of individuals who work their.
Pros
Paid Holidays, Bi-Weekly accumulation of vacation and sick time
Cons
Wish we got paid every week, rather than Bi-Weekly
This is a self starter job for sure
Route Driver (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 5, 2015
I enjoy the job,however the work load can be a bit much at times especially if you work a second job as i do,and the staff and my co workers are ok.
Pros
Steady work
Cons
No benefits for part time workers