Clark County Employee Reviews

High stress job with no support to the lower employees
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WAApril 7, 2015
As long as you have a degree or not on FMLA Clark County can be a good place to work. If you don't have a degree they will not promote from within, and heaven forbid you are on FMLA HR and department managers will try to force you out.

Co-workers who have been there for a long time and are friends with managers get away with a lot more than other employees. Some managers disregard FMLA laws and HR nor the union have any control over them.

If you are looking for a high stress job with little to no recognition, then Clark County is for you.
Pros
Benefits and Salary
Cons
HR and Union do not look out for the employee, managers have free reign to do anything with no consequences
very fast paced
ELIGIBILITY SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  las vegas , nvOctober 13, 2012
i am the only representative that can let an adoptive worker if the child would be eligible for state funded medicaid or what is called title IVE (which IVE usually includes a subsidy as well ) I dont fall behind on my work and i stay on track. if there is a problem, i make sure to email the person that is in charge of correcting the issues. the hardest part of this job is being the new person. there hasnt been any hiring in approximatly 3 years, and it seems as though i have to make sure to keep my coworkers happy. its a small unit and sometimes keeping everyone happy is a hard job. hardest part of the job is having a 1 year probation.
Pros
constantly busy
Cons
not allowed to take any breaks, except lunch
Productive and great customers and fun coworkers
Office Specialist (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVDecember 12, 2013
Interacting with my customers, I learned something new almost everyday about Facilities Maintenance very interesting. The Management Team very supportive and knowledgeable. Coworkers very nice and team players fun to work with. The hardest part is, procedure changes, they changed frequently. But at the end of the day, not so bad because some changes are good, made things interesting. The most enjoyable part is the monthly birthday celebrations, everyone in the division is included and fun to interact with everyone for a couple of hours one day a month.
Pros
lots of events/parties
Cons
no overtime
I liked the flexibilityof the temp work.
CASA Volunteer (Court Appointed Special Advocate) (Former Employee) –  Jeffersonville, INMay 19, 2015
I was assigned various temp positions, such as data entry, receptionist, filing or working on a special project.

I did like the flexibility of the assignments which were 2 to 4 days a week. One of the companies asked for me whenever their regular employee was off for an extended time.

Their was no typical day since I was sent to different offices and companies. I enjoyed meeting the different office staff.
Pros
Meeting new people and experiencing different environments
Cons
Not there long enough to really get to know the office procedures
Great airport, one of the top in the nation...
Administrative Secretary (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 9, 2012
I have worked for the Department of Aviation for 12 years and I love the job and the people I work with, however, I am ready for a move from the Las Vegas area. I am a very dedicated and loyal secretary to my Director of Information Systems. There are no bad parts to my position and to be honest there is nothing that I would change about the position. I am thankful to have been part of this team to date.
Pros
amazing pay and benifits package.
Cons
the only downside of my current position is the parking, for it's at the airport and it is a little challenging.
Program Assistant
Program Assistant (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVDecember 5, 2012
Supervise and coordinate the work activities of personnel, such as training staff members and assigning work duties.
Establish and enforce rules for behavior and procedures for maintaining order among the students for whom I was responsible.
Plan and conduct activities for a balanced program of tutoring, recreation and nutritional snacks
Organize, lead, and promote interest in recreational activities such as arts, crafts, sports, and games
Complete and maintain time and attendance forms and inventory lists
Clerical Support for Track Attorneys
Office Specialist (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 23, 2013
Retrieve legal files for daily court calendars, update return files from court daily, research and conflict check cases, assist track attorneys as needed, open and create new case files when appointed by court. Working with a great track of attorneys daily who appreciate your input and assistance was a big plus. Not being acknowledged by Management for going above and beyond was discouraging.
Pros
benefits, retirement, medical package
Cons
not being recognized for achievements
Provided good hours and a managible scheduale.
Lifeguard (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVDecember 30, 2013
I thoroughly enjoyed working there. It provided me with a good summer job to balance sports with. My management was super helpful in getting me to fully understand my skills and in practicing them to make sure I didn't forget how to do anything. The hardest part of my job was making sure that little children were reminded of the rules so that they didn't get hurt or hurt some one else.
Pros
meeting new people and know how to respond under pressure
Cons
heat exposure
Stable work setting.
Equipment Operator (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NevadaAugust 6, 2013
My day consists of me performing my job duties per county guide lines. I have latitude as to how to perform the duties within a safe and efficient manner. Co-workers and management are responsible and proficient in there job performance. The most difficult part of the job is having repairs done on equipment. I am given the freedom to make decision as situation arise to get the job done.
Pros
weekends off.
Cons
no overtime.
Great benefits and pay raises
Custodian Specialist (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NvNovember 5, 2015
At Clark County an employee has the opportunity to continue to move forward in his or her career or another field. Clark County offer classes in other fields and has great benefits. Clark County also has a diverse culture of individuals who work their.
Pros
Paid Holidays, Bi-Weekly accumulation of vacation and sick time
Cons
Wish we got paid every week, rather than Bi-Weekly

Want to know more about Clark County?

Ask a question
Exciting work environment and fast paced
Intern (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 11, 2015
Clark County is a good place to work, specifically the Regional Transportation Commission of Southern Nevada. Every day at work was full of new and exciting challenges and all of the co-workers are great and very knowledgeable about what they're doing. I loved the management, everyone knew how to run their ship.
Stressful workplace due to incompetent new upper management
Electrician (Current Employee) –  McCarran International AirportSeptember 15, 2013
Maintain baggage handling system. Previously maintained all electrical systems in airport and smaller airports in county.
Pros
farily good job security, decent wages for vegas area, good benefits
Cons
poor upper management, out of touch with what we do, broken promises, bad shifts, poor union
Parks & Rec Maintenance
Program Assistant (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVDecember 6, 2013
Highly motivated individual with minimal sales experience, devoted to maintaining high standards and quality performance. Leadership and supervisory experience with union workers, excellent communication skills, organizational qualities, effective problem solving abilities.
This county job had great benefits and retirement plan
Legal Office Assistant/Deputy Clerk (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMarch 25, 2015
As a Legal Office Assistant/Deputy Clerk, this county job had great benefits and retirement plan. Many of my coworkers were excellent to work with. I met some very talented people while working at the county.
Normal
Water Safety Instructor (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas Municipal poolApril 22, 2015
The jobs at clark county that I have worked are relating to lifeguarding and water safety. It required a bit of training and effort, but it was well worth learning what to be aware of and how to keep people safe.
Pros
Safety, community, wages
Cons
bad personal management
Research
Caregiver/Foster Parent (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 3, 2013
I Started foster care in the year of 2007 It was a wonderful opportunity to give a child a nurturing loving home just as well as a wonderful family, I have learned a lot in my 4 years of foster caregiver its an experience you will never forget.
Productive and good workers trying to protect our environment.
Environmental Health Intern (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WAFebruary 23, 2012
I worked for this employer as a non-paid intern in their environmental health program. They worked hard and helped teach me as much as they could in the short time I was there.
I enjoyed machining at Cook Compression
COOK COMPRESSION (Former Employee) –  clark/maritime center; centennial blvdJune 18, 2013
It was a great challenge programming and turning out this work so when I finished my work it was very rewarding and fulfilling.
Cons
departments within the company were divided or at odds
County is a great employer
Youth Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 1, 2014
The work very rewarding. No day was typical. Each youth had different needs. I enjoyed being part of the support team to assist youth.
Pros
opportunity for advancement
Cons
long probationary period
This is a self starter job for sure
Route Driver (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 5, 2015
I enjoy the job,however the work load can be a bit much at times especially if you work a second job as i do,and the staff and my co workers are ok.
Pros
Steady work
Cons
No benefits for part time workers