Clark Memorial Hospital Employee Reviews

awesome experience
Clark Memorial Hospital (Former Employee) –  Jeffersonville, INSeptember 14, 2017
I loved working at CMH. I learned a lot at my time there it was quick paced and stressful at times. I always had support from my managers and charge nurses.
Management apathetic about running ER
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Jeffersonville, INSeptember 13, 2017
The overall culture at Clark was that of a "Good ol boys club". If the nurses in the ER didn't like you there was little chance of survival. Management turned blind eye and deaf ear to reports of abuse from a charge nurse on an intoxicated patient then informed charge who passed on information. Charge nurses bullied and played favorites among staff and this was tolerated by management.
Left to move to colorado
LPN (Former Employee) –  Labor and DelieveryAugust 9, 2017
I loved working here and working in so many areas. Sadly my husband got transferred to Colorado. I enjoyed working with most all the people I that I worked with.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
had to move
Great family like environment!
Nuclear Medicine Technologist PRN (Current Employee) –  Nuclear MedicineJuly 26, 2017
Clark Memorial is a family environment with emphasis on care of our patients. I enjoy working for this company with only complaint is the compensation is not competitive with the Louisville market.
Pros
comfortable environment
Cons
multiple systems to access patient information: compensation is not competitive
Clark ICU
CRNA (Former Employee) –  Jeffersonville, INJuly 10, 2017
My time at Clark was well worth it. The management there was wonderful when I decided to go back to school for a degree in Animal Sciences. They worked with my days off and my school days even when what I was going for was in the field of animal and not humans. I only worked for the ICU so I can not speak for other department or what it is like now.
Pros
Steady Job wonderful co workers
Cons
seeing the loss of life
great learning environment, good relationship with supervisors who are willing to take the time to talk to you and help you.
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Jeffersonville, INJune 17, 2017
the hardest part of the job is staffing issues and not enough staff. I love my job, what I do and the patients that I get to meet and help every day. The most enjoyable part of my job is the patients that I see on a regular basis and getting to know them and their story and being able to build a good relationship with my patients from our interaction.
Cons
not enough staff
Educational
Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Jeffersonville, INJune 12, 2017
I started my shift with getting report on the patients I would be taking care of. I would enter each patients room to get their vital signs (BP, temperature, pulse and respirations). After getting all my patients vital signs I recorded them into the patient chart. I would start getting supplies needed for bed baths and bed linen to change their bed after getting them clean. I would monitor patients for any changes to report to the nurse. I assisted the nurse when needed.
Pros
Good benefits.
Cons
Working in isolation.
summary
ER Registrar (Former Employee) –  Jeffersonville, INJune 7, 2017
I loved working at Clark Memorial Hospital. It was a fun and exciting place with very friendly co-workers. My manager and supervisor were absolutely amazing!
Terrible to employees
Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  Jeffersonville, INJune 7, 2017
I worked at Clark Memorial for almost 9 years. I got minimal raises in that time & I mean a few cents here or there. We went through 3 managers in my time there & only one was any good. Majority of the time we were short staffed & did not have adequate equipment for proper patient care. I worked all over the hospital & every department had issues. The turn over was insane & I felt like everyday there were new people & they literally didn't know what they were doing. When I first started at Clark we had an amazing team all over the hospital, very knowledgeable & caring. All the good workers have been ran off by terrible pay & awful management. All these problems stem from upper management who seem to care less about employees. Moral is the lowest I've ever seen anywhere. The hospital is literally falling apart on top of everything else. It's also not very clean. Overall I wouldn't recommend any one working here until they get it together, which doesn't seem to be happening under the new ownership, Lifepoint. It's sad to see a place that was such a great hospital turn into what it is now.
Pros
Cons
Understaffed, awful pay, poor management, old equipment, high turnover, hospital old & falling apart
amazing job with amazing benefits
ER Registrar (Current Employee) –  Jeffersonville, INMay 7, 2017
Clark Memorial has taught me various things about our community and healthcare as a whole. I have learned from every manager I have had while here and I would recommend to anyone!
Pros
amazing benefits
Cons
can be hectic
Productive and Fast paced place of employment
Medical Records Clerk (Former Employee) –  Jeffersonville, INMay 4, 2017
I was able to expand my knowledge and job qualifications through this employer. I learned the process of running a hospital and was able to utilize my time and skills by keeping up with the hospital's needs.
positive work environment going through some major changes
RN (Current Employee) –  Jeffersonville, INMay 2, 2017
Clark Memorial Hospital is the place to come to deliver your baby in the area. State of the art facility which uses the latest evidence based practice in our care everyday. Because of that, it was an awesome place to work. Management changed recently, and a lot of people have resigned, which has overall changed the work environment I once knew.
Pros
great teamwork, supportive physicians
Cons
understaffed, undercompensated
Great people to work with
Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Jeffersonville, INApril 3, 2017
In my eyes,. the best part of my job other than the patients , were my co-workers. Management was most of the problem. Some can be great, but overall not understandable.
Pros
amazing co-workers
Cons
horrible management.
Prepare to get budgeted in L&D!
RN Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Jeffersonville, INMarch 21, 2017
Overall, this is an ok place to work. Co-workers are awesome and a great support system. However, I very rarely receive a full paycheck because I am getting budgeted (called off) when census is low. Also, do your research, Clark has not stayed competitive with other hospitals where pay is concerned. Pay is low compared to surrounding facilities. One more thing, equipment and the facility as a whole is old and hasn't been given proper attention in awhile. They were on the brink of bankruptcy a few years ago and was bought out by LifePoint who after a couple of years now have yet to make changes aesthetically.
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
Low pay, short checks
I loved Clark Memorial as well as the staff and management
Surgical Technician (Former Employee) –  Jeffersonville, INFebruary 9, 2017
I would go back to Clark anytime! They were amazing to me and so flexible! This is where I started my heath are career and slowly advanced!
Community Hospital
Histotechnician (Current Employee) –  Jeffersonville, INFebruary 1, 2017
I have learned to be extremely tolerate of low resources, this is typical in community hospital healthcare. So far I have not learned much but I am hopeful that with time there will be greater opportunity. It might be a great place for someone starting out since the workload is light.
Cons
Struggling in market
Productive work place
ER Technician (Former Employee) –  Jeffersonville, INJanuary 10, 2017
The place really cares about you. The coworkers are great, you always feel welcome. You really feel like your doing good work for the people you are taking care of
Truly a family environment
Emergency Room Technician (Former Employee) –  Jeffersonville, INDecember 24, 2016
I loved my team, everyone cared for each other and worked through difficult times. Managers were reasonable and fair. CRNs were kind and helpful. If I still lived in the area I would most certainly still work there. I only left because I moved 2 hours away.
Pros
Friendly CoWorkers
Cons
Pay was low
They would have environmental week
Environmentalist (Former Employee) –  Jeffersonville, INDecember 9, 2016
The people there was nice to work with we would have pigeons fundraisers, work as a team helping each other out when we are short-handed. Impasse about wow cards to show our appreciation into let other people now how to get the job done.
Pros
Teamwork
Cons
Working short-handed
Border line
Clinical Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Jeffersonville, INNovember 7, 2016
It is a fast working environment to work in. I loved the pay and the people that I worked with on my shift while I was there but the management at that time was horrible no one knew what was going on or how to schedule appropriately to make sure that there was adequate coverage for each shift.
Pros
Pay and The patients you become to know
Cons
Short staffed at times