Clark State Community College Employee Reviews

Custodian (Former Employee) –  Springfield, OHJuly 4, 2017
Poor Management, can be discriminatory toward women, unprofessional, can't spell or use correct grammar when emailing employees, does not know how to manage a crew or speak to them as if they are people just the same.
Fun Workplace
Athletic Director (Former Employee) –  Springfield, OHJune 23, 2017
The workplace was very comfortable, friendly environment, workers are helpful. Workers answered questions, workers were allowed to work out while working.
Pros
worked games
Cons
short breaks
Very productive and enjoyed teaching my students.
Medical Coding Instructor/ITS Instructor (Former Employee) –  Springfield, OHMay 25, 2017
Clark State is a wonderful place to work. It was my passion to teach others the knowledge I worked very hard to accomplish. Was very blessed to teach others. At the end of the day you left with a smile and a sense of proudness.
Supervisor
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Springfield, OHMay 9, 2017
Great experience. See new faces everyday in the gym showing what equipment to use when doing a exercise. I learned how to manage my time and other people time as well.
Great place to work and student-centered
Contract Employee (Current Employee) –  Springfield, OHMay 3, 2017
Lots of support for new and returning students to find their passion. As with many college, though, finding services can be somewhat cumbersome. If tied to the right student/academic advisor, you can navigate the system.
Pros
Friendly staff
Cons
Limited job advancement due to flat enrollment
Has been a rewarding experience to say the least.
Career and Co-OP Assistant (Former Employee) –  Springfield, OHApril 28, 2017
I have grown a lot by my experiences and classes. I made many friends and enjoyed being involved with the Trio Support Program. I don't know how I would've made it without them. I look forward to graduation and starting my new career.
Pros
Almost everything is accessable on one campus
Cons
A lot of the teachers cuss and I really don't care for that.
Adjunct Structure
Composition Instructor (Current Employee) –  Springfield, OH and Beavercreek, OHDecember 21, 2016
Good folks but they rarely hire full time in my field. Working conditions are favorable. Professional atmosphere and culture. Except for lack of benefits and low salary for adjuncts, a nice place to work.
Pros
Good culture
Cons
Lack of benefits and two-tier professional structure (have and have-nots)
Difficult job for low pay
Adjunct Clinical Instructor (Current Employee) –  Springfield, OHJuly 29, 2016
Clark State is a great job if you have no life and can devote 16 hours per day in planning courses, tests, review, committees, and correspondence. It starts employees out at 39K per year yet requires a master's degree to teach. Not worth the pay.
Miss this place!
Work Study Student (Former Employee) –  Springfield, OHJuly 19, 2016
Working at Clark State Community college experience depends on where you work within the college. I was in a work-study position and this position is one that allows students to make a little extra money to help cover the costs of their expenses. It was easy to learn how to work with the students to overcome their problems, learn how to use the required software, etc. The management was very well run and my co-workers were all of similar age and mentality. The hardest part of the job was only being able to work 18 hours a week. The most enjoyable part was seeing the smile on everyone's face, and feeling like coming home when walking in the door for work each day.
It's a job
Director of Facilities (Former Employee) –  Springfield, OHJune 29, 2016
It's a beautiful campus and the staff and faculty are nice to be around. In general you can do your job and go home. The campus has updated facilities and is working to update many more.
Enjoyable work environment and friendly people
Tutor (Former Employee) –  Springfield, OHMarch 28, 2016
My day usually started at 8am and ended at 2pm. I would work with any college student with their school work in the areas of study that I felt comfortable tutoring in. I would schedule appointments for students who needed to retake a test for their professor or COMPASS test to get into their desired classes. I would make sure the work environment was picked up and be sure monitor those taking tests to ensure there were no cheating or discussing going on between other students. I would speak in front of small crowds of students to inform them on how they would take their COMPASS tests. I would also occasionally answer the phone and assist students on their next steps into applying to the college or if they had any further questions on scheduling an appointment. With this job I gained a lot of experience in handling multiple things at once and being able to work several different personality types while showing compassion and patience.
Pros
Rewarding feeling, nice people, quick days, stayed busy
Cons
Not very many work hours, stressful
Max Out Money and Opportunity First Day on the Job
Adjunct Professor of English (Former Employee) –  Springfield, OHMarch 14, 2016
As an adjunct professor, there was little or no possibility for advancement. The work is okay, but after almost a decade I find it hard to get classes.
Pros
Working with Students
Cons
Instability
I am a experienced in assessing and evaluating patient progress. I exhibit great commuication skills while building trustworthy relationships.
Adjunct Instructor (Current Employee) –  Springfield, OHFebruary 3, 2016
Teaching has been very rewarding for me. I am dedicated to my students and exhaust every avenue to help them achieve their goal in becoming an STNA and even furthering their career in the healthcare field.
Clark State is a two-year community college with lots of areas of educational interest to all students and our tuition was low.
Exec Assist to Vice Pres Academic/Student Affairs (Former Employee) –  Springfield, OhioJanuary 27, 2016
The College works very closely with all divisions (for example, our department of academic and student affairs would work with the deans, their support staff, the Greene Center and any other departments that might need to know what is going on so that our communication get to everyone.

Our agendas were based on a format of things important, general information, planning processes with accountability being given to various folks to do so of the work and they all would come back together with a plan that would be submitted for review. I loved research and when we had projects that would require data or pulling information from the Ohio Board of Regents, I would love this. It was interesting; not that some other plans or projects were not as interesting, this one just made me happy.

We were always given the opportunity to give our opinions and explain why but some employees felt that their ideas didn't get due consideration.
Pros
People were treated well and respected.
Cons
business and academics did not see eye to eye on bugets and other things.
Great Place to Work
Office (Former Employee) –  Springfield, OHOctober 14, 2015
Great environment. Good people. Good benefits. Fair Salary. Like anywhere else, would depend on your department. Definitely recommend.
Great working and learning environment.
Prof. of Art History, West Civ, Am. Hist. (Current Employee) –  Springfield, OHAugust 15, 2015
A wonderful institution known for its affordability, small class size, and assistive instructors. Exceedingly well managed; the college president, deans, and faculty have a reputation of being supportive, open, and accesible to students and faculty.
Pros
Degrees and credits are known for being easily transfered to 4 year instituions.
friendly and helpful place to work
Tutor (Current Employee) –  Springfield, OHAugust 12, 2015
It's a friendly place where I get to help people everyday. I really enjoy my time working here and have grown to love my fellow tutors and my bosses. We all help each other out and work as a team
Director of Community Outreach (Current Employee) –  Springfield, OHAugust 21, 2014
I enjoy Clark State and I am in a great position on campus. The people make Clark State a great place to work.
Pros
People
Cons
Pay
Clark state is a great place to work
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  Springfield, OHNovember 12, 2013
I am new with Clark State but have so far enjoyed being there. The most difficult part of my job is working two jobs I currently enjoy doing. The most enjoyable is watching students gain an understanding about a field that I feel strongly about.
Reliable, continuous work
Work-Study Student (Current Employee) –  Springfield, OHAugust 14, 2013
While the work was lot of the same things, it was very easy. I liked the people I worked with and I was given plenty of time to finish the projects.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Clark State Community College. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval