Clark State Community College Employee Reviews in United States

Difficult job for low pay
Adjunct Clinical Instructor (Current Employee) –  Springfield, OHJuly 29, 2016
Clark State is a great job if you have no life and can devote 16 hours per day in planning courses, tests, review, committees, and correspondence. It starts employees out at 39K per year yet requires a master's degree to teach. Not worth the pay.
It's a job
Director of Facilities (Former Employee) –  Springfield, OHJune 29, 2016
It's a beautiful campus and the staff and faculty are nice to be around. In general you can do your job and go home. The campus has updated facilities and is working to update many more.
Enjoyable work environment and friendly people
Tutor (Former Employee) –  Springfield, OHMarch 28, 2016
My day usually started at 8am and ended at 2pm. I would work with any college student with their school work in the areas of study that I felt comfortable tutoring in. I would schedule appointments for students who needed to retake a test for their professor or COMPASS test to get into their desired classes. I would make sure the work environment was picked up and be sure monitor those taking tests to ensure there were no cheating or discussing going on between other students. I would speak in front of small crowds of students to inform them on how they would take their COMPASS tests. I would also occasionally answer the phone and assist students on their next steps into applying to the college or if they had any further questions on scheduling an appointment. With this job I gained a lot of experience in handling multiple things at once and being able to work several different personality types while showing compassion and patience.
Pros
Rewarding feeling, nice people, quick days, stayed busy
Cons
Not very many work hours, stressful
Max Out Money and Opportunity First Day on the Job
Adjunct Professor of English (Former Employee) –  Springfield, OHMarch 14, 2016
As an adjunct professor, there was little or no possibility for advancement. The work is okay, but after almost a decade I find it hard to get classes.
Pros
Working with Students
Cons
Instability
I am a experienced in assessing and evaluating patient progress. I exhibit great commuication skills while building trustworthy relationships.
Adjunct Instructor (Current Employee) –  Springfield, OHFebruary 3, 2016
Teaching has been very rewarding for me. I am dedicated to my students and exhaust every avenue to help them achieve their goal in becoming an STNA and even furthering their career in the healthcare field.
Clark State is a two-year community college with lots of areas of educational interest to all students and our tuition was low.
Exec Assist to Vice Pres Academic/Student Affairs (Former Employee) –  Springfield, OhioJanuary 27, 2016
The College works very closely with all divisions (for example, our department of academic and student affairs would work with the deans, their support staff, the Greene Center and any other departments that might need to know what is going on so that our communication get to everyone.

Our agendas were based on a format of things important, general information, planning processes with accountability being given to various folks to do so of the work and they all would come back together with a plan that would be submitted for review. I loved research and when we had projects that would require data or pulling information from the Ohio Board of Regents, I would love this. It was interesting; not that some other plans or projects were not as interesting, this one just made me happy.

We were always given the opportunity to give our opinions and explain why but some employees felt that their ideas didn't get due consideration.
Pros
People were treated well and respected.
Cons
business and academics did not see eye to eye on bugets and other things.
Great Place to Work
Office (Former Employee) –  Springfield, OHOctober 14, 2015
Great environment. Good people. Good benefits. Fair Salary. Like anywhere else, would depend on your department. Definitely recommend.
Great working and learning environment.
Prof. of Art History, West Civ, Am. Hist. (Current Employee) –  Springfield, OHAugust 15, 2015
A wonderful institution known for its affordability, small class size, and assistive instructors. Exceedingly well managed; the college president, deans, and faculty have a reputation of being supportive, open, and accesible to students and faculty.
Pros
Degrees and credits are known for being easily transfered to 4 year instituions.
friendly and helpful place to work
Tutor (Current Employee) –  Springfield, OHAugust 12, 2015
It's a friendly place where I get to help people everyday. I really enjoy my time working here and have grown to love my fellow tutors and my bosses. We all help each other out and work as a team
Director of Community Outreach (Current Employee) –  Springfield, OHAugust 21, 2014
I enjoy Clark State and I am in a great position on campus. The people make Clark State a great place to work.
Pros
people
Cons
pay
Clark state is a great place to work
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  Springfield, OHNovember 12, 2013
I am new with Clark State but have so far enjoyed being there. The most difficult part of my job is working two jobs I currently enjoy doing. The most enjoyable is watching students gain an understanding about a field that I feel strongly about.
Reliable, continuous work
Work-Study Student (Current Employee) –  Springfield, OHAugust 14, 2013
While the work was lot of the same things, it was very easy. I liked the people I worked with and I was given plenty of time to finish the projects.
Very rewarding job to help other students succeed
Tutor (Former Employee) –  Springfield, OHMay 15, 2013
I worked 20 hours a week helping other students understand their course works so that they could be prepared for testing. I am very good at math and was able to use that to tutor many different subjects.
Pros
rewarding to see students succeed
Cons
no benefits
Productive & Educational place
Clark State Community College (Former Employee) –  Springfield, OHApril 5, 2013
Working at Clark State Community College, I learned organization skills and how to interact with people from the community and also from a professional stand point. The most enjoyable part of my job was working with the Instructors and other Staff members with ideas they had for different designs for the school.
Terrible place to work
Senior Computer Technician (Former Employee) –  Springfield, OHFebruary 19, 2013
Clark State is one of the worst places to work. They preach diversity but if you don't match what management wants then you are held back for promotions or fired. Employees have no one to turn to for help with problems, pay is low and the workload of everyone is double what they should be doing!
Excellent place to work
Professional Tutor (Current Employee) –  Springfield, OHSeptember 29, 2012
College values education and holds itself to the highest of standards.
Small friendly community college environment
Career Technician (Former Employee) –  Springfield, OHJuly 17, 2012
I would work daily with prospect students, current students, staff and faculty regarding admissions and career services. Working at Clark State I learned how to work in a very busy environment and was able to complete required daily tasks. Management and co-workers were helpful during peak hours and available when extra help was needed. I also learned management skills from managers that have benefited my professional skills. The hardest part of the job was working in a small environment and being understaffed at times. The most enjoyable part was helping students reaching their education and career goals.
The people here were GREAT!
Work Study (Former Employee) –  Springfield OhioNovember 30, 2011
The people here were GREAT! We were like a small office family.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Clark State Community College. Our community is ready to answer.

Clark State Community College Reviews by Location