Clark Tire & Auto, Inc Employee Reviews in United States

Good Company to work for
Sales and Inventory Management (Current Employee) –  Conover, NCAugust 2, 2016
Life/work balance is great. Management is great,
hard to get promoted though, there is a lot of room to move around within the company but is not always up you when and if your move will be permanent.
good company
SERVICE ADVISOR (Current Employee) –  Hickory, NCAugust 13, 2016
Good company is or was small family business now change over and will be owned by corporation, good people good hours enjoyed working for mr clark
productive and fun atmosphere
Assistant Manager Trainee (Former Employee) –  Morganton, NCNovember 19, 2015
At Clark Tire the work environment is very busy but productive, there is always something to be done which makes for a faster day. All Clark Tire managers are very well trained in customer service as well as dealing with employees. Their hiring process is wonderful so very rare do you have a problem with a co-worker.
Pros
very productive, physical, good management
Cons
benefits, and loud enviorment
This is a bs post
Job sercher (Former Employee) –  AnywhereJanuary 22, 2016
I have applied every time this job has been posted as well as other openings by the same company yet even though I meet and surpass there requirements I have never gotten contacted other then the auto response email

Comment – February 25, 2016

We appreciate your feedback. We do seek candidates that are the best fit for the positions for which we are currently hiring. If your application matches up, we will give you call. Thanks!

This ad is spam!!
Driver (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNNovember 21, 2015
This job has been on and off here for the last 6 months. I have a class a license and couldn't even get an interview. I don't believe this ad is real....
Pros
Zero
Cons
Zero

Comment – February 25, 2016

We appreciate your feedback. We've had a great response from this new Knoxville market. If your qualifications are not a good fit now, we will keep on file for future opportunities. We are growing! Thanks!

worst company to work
delivery driver (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCNovember 2, 2015
I worked for this company for a year no matter how hard you work you will not receive a raise. WORST COMPANY EVER DON'T APPLY!!!!
Fun productive atmosphere
Warehouse Manager/Driver (Former Employee) –  Ottumwa, IAApril 26, 2013
Co-workers were easy to get along with. Delivering to different locations put a little variety in the work day. Management was friendly and easy to talk to. Lunch would be spent together with management multiple times a week. The hardest part of the job was driving in bad weather conditions.
Pros
friendly co-workers, lunches were great, job was overall pretty easy
Cons
hitting bad weather
I want to succeed in a stimulating and challenging environment that will provide me with advancement opportunities
Manager (Former Employee) –  Hickory NCMarch 17, 2015
. I have 25 years experience in repair and service. I have 9 years experience in Alldata. I have 5 years experience in retail manager at clark tire.

I learned a lot as a manager in relationship with customers. It is important to build a relationship,

If a customer waits too long for a oil change give it to them. What do we have in a oil filter and 4 or 5 quarts of oil,6 to 7 dollars? I also gave 2 tires away to a customer. He did not rotate his tires and needed a alignment. He left happy and that is most important thing. It makes me feel good to make my customers happy. I don't give everything away, Little actions like this can bring 10 times the customers.

I got let go because "restructuring" of store I had the most gross sales and net profit off anyone that has manged the store. I was making 850.00 a week they uped my assistant by 100.00 from 500.00 to 600.00 and made him manager. I thought I would be there till i retired.
Pros
Making customers and employes happy.
Cons
greedy general manager.
Great place to work and grow a career
Human Resource Coordinator / Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Hickory, NCOctober 17, 2013
Family oriented atmosphere. Closed on Sundays. Room to grow and find your niche. Best kept secret in NC/SC. Not alot of employee turnover. Challenging, yet rewarding. A great place to really make a difference!
Pros
growing stable company with lots of career opportunities.
Great company with alot of Career Opportunities!
Admin (Current Employee) –  Hickory, NCOctober 22, 2013
I have enjoyed my 8 years with the company. They offer opportunities to grow and find your niche. It is a great group of people that work here. You are not a number and suggestions are heard. Best kept secret in NC/SC.
Pros
career growth opportunities, stable company and industry
Steady pay and stable job, Unprofessional staff (not everyone).
Technician (Former Employee) –  North CarolinaJanuary 6, 2016
My experience with Clark Tire was alright at first but developed into a dramatic and stressful one. The store's management had trust issues and the work I performed was never good enough for them. They always made the worst assumptions and thought the worst things about me even though I had done nothing to justify it. False promises is part of the reason I lost interest for the company, they advertise and promote training opportunities, certifications, and other benefits; they say they don't hold you back and make it sound as if they have a "be all you can be" policy but they forget to mention there is a test/proving period of 90 days before they even allow you to inquire/request about such programs, I understand the reasoning behind it but I wish they would make it a part of the initial interviews to tell you about it so that you are aware. Honest mistakes happen and we all have our flaws, however, when they emphasize so much on the negative and so little on the positive it makes you feel unappreciated and as if they don't value your work. It seemed to me like there were professional individuals running the company at the regional/corporate level but wish I could say the same about the people I worked with (again, not speaking about everyone there because I met some good people while I worked there), I cannot speak for the rest of the locations but in general, everyone where I worked had negative remarks about the management and were constantly complaining about it. I was told they had a zero tolerance for drama between employees but quickly found out the person who told me  more... this really had no idea or didn't want to accept the fact that it went on constantly. I can deal with immaturity to an extent but it becomes irritating having to deal with it everyday. I witnessed some unethical and dishonest practices come from some of the service staff (like selling extra services or parts people didnt need just to make more money or meet quotas and at times not doing the work like it is supposed to be done) but I dont think it was related to management. I had customers tell me that they didnt like the new management and that it seemed like we had a high employee turnover, I now see why and I agree with those people, just in the short time I worked there we had 2 people leave or get let go and new people get hired that started to look for a new job just a week after starting. If you are looking to work for Clark Tire I hope you find this review helpful and that you end up working there you have a better experience than mine. You get a good amount of hours, typically 7:30 to 6, 5 days a week and you get paid on time. They offer full medical, dental, vision and 401k.  less
Pros
many hours and good overtime, insurance and 401k, stable work, steady and on time pay.
Cons
Unprofessional management, drama, mistrust.
Wholesale tire sales (Former Employee) –  Hickory, NCDecember 26, 2012
Paid on commission. You could earn as much as you wanted. Hard, fast paced.
Pros
job security
Great Company!
Regional Manager (Current Employee) –  Gastonia, NCOctober 28, 2013
A wonderful family-owned company that allows for a fantastic work/home balance.
average place
Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Asheville, NCApril 29, 2014
usual type of tire & auto service shop; worked with good guys

Clark Tire & Auto, Inc Reviews by Location