Clark University Employee Reviews

Work Environment
Campus Police Officer (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MAJanuary 5, 2016
A lot of different aspects of the job which include being on a college campus and also in the inner city of Worcester. Very good place for anyone to pursue this career.
Great salary inequalities
Assistant Professor (Current Employee) –  Worcester, MADecember 1, 2015
There's great people working at Clark, but there are huge gaps between the salaries in different departments. Some Deans make much more money than any brilliant high publishing Professor, with worldwide recognition.
Fun place to work
Events and Building Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Worcester, MANovember 12, 2015
It was an amazing experience to work in the US for the first time and in such an organized work culture. My co-workers were extremely helpful
Pros
Free meals
Cons
Night shifts
Data Entry and Editing Assistant
Office Assistant/Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MANovember 9, 2015
Job that taught me Excel, Access, and general office work. Was given the opportunity to edit brochures and other materials being sent out to alumni.
Good place to work at.
Business Analyst Intern (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MAAugust 21, 2015
Great place to work when you are studying full time at a Business school. But it has low compensation and benefits. Highly recommend to international student to get initial United States professional work experience.
Valuable and Varied Work Experience
Admissions Counselor (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MAJuly 13, 2015
No day was the same. Followed college admission cycle. The fall was spent traveling, meeting prospective students and guidance counselors. Winter and spring was spent on applications and admissions. Generous vacation policy. High energy and activity-centric work.
Pros
The travel and personal contact relationships
Cons
The low salary
Fun Fitness Environment
Fitness Proctor - Part Time in session (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MAMay 25, 2015
I greet faculty, students and guests that arrive in the gym. I supervise while the gym is open and make sure the weights, equipment, supplies, etc are organized and loaded and ready for the next users. I enjoy providing a safe and clean environment for everyone to use and enjoy being in. I work with many other eager people which makes it enjoyable to come to work. I've learned it's a dedication more than a request to be able to be part of a happy, fun, positive part of a working place.
Pros
Interacting with other students and people in the community
Cons
Having few hours a week
Lovely place to work (study)
Assistant to the Economics Secretary (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MAMay 9, 2015
Cindy was a wonderful boss and I learned a lot about working in an office setting. There was a nice balance of paper work, errands, and being able to do some homework.
Pros
Nice boss, free time for homework
Cons
Some professors are rude, no upward mobility
Slow Workplace
Work Study Program (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MAApril 12, 2015
Not many people show up at the Science Library at Clark. All workers were advised to bring homework because of the lack of things to do. Co-workers are generally nice, but quiet and don't socialize much. The hardest part of the job was how boring it was. The most enjoyable part of the job was how you didn't really have to do anything, but you get paid anyway.
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MAOctober 22, 2014
Normal work as a graduate assistant.
There was no place for career advancement
Not your every day 9-5 job
Emergency Medical Services Member (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MAJune 24, 2014
Very fun, did not just sit in an office all day, hands on learning experiences, very nice people to work with
A great experience
Peace Studies Program Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MAJune 23, 2014
As peace studies program coordinator, my work consisted of being a liaison between faculty, students and staff of the program and university in general. Additionally, I had the opportunity to practice my leadership skills as I was responsible for the work-study librarians in the peace studies library, scheduling their work hours and distributing duties. The hardest part of the job was the limited resources with which I had to work, which involved managing the library and the events for the program on tight budgets and low human resources. The most enjoyable part was knowing I was contributing to something I believed in.
Pros
learning opportunities, leadership opportunities, interesting topics
Cons
low payment, no benefits, limited resources
higher ed excellence
Director, The Information Resource Center (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MAJune 9, 2014
great place to work
lots of growth opportunities
technology leader
Got opportunity to learn a lot
Teaching Assistant / Proctor , Data Structures (Current Employee) –  Worcester, MADecember 3, 2013
Usually I had fixed hours in which I went to my lab proctor session or my tutor session. In each session I had to help at least 15- 20 students. Although helping 20 students in 2 hours sounds stressful for a college student, but I used this opportunity to hone my teaching and presentation skills. Honestly speaking I was not good at explaining things but this job has taught me so much. I interacted with students of different abilities and that has taught me how to approach different people and how to communicate with them successfully. Learning about Computer Science was obvious in this job. My skills were constantly being refined as I solved and debugged codes of my students.
Pros
learned a lot, time management, presentation and communication skills
academic env, friendly, people are knowledgable
GIS Developer (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MASeptember 17, 2013
as a developer, i have to say the team is fun and organized. the things your learned here will benifit you all life long
Great working environment for an undergraduate researcher
Undergraduate Researcher (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MASeptember 9, 2013
I truly enjoyed working in my Directed Research lab. My sponsor was very knowledgeable and helpful. Expectations were high but it truly made is worthwhile to get positive results. Fellow students were great help and welcoming, especially if they had more researcher. The lab was clean and standards for maintenance were also high. At times it was hard to master certain techniques due to certain ingredients being difficult to work with. Discussions and instructional sessions were always helpful. The most enjoyable part of the job was getting good reliable results and presenting them to the Clark University Academic Spree Day poster fair.
Pros
great source of knowledge and experience for an undergraduate
Productive, diverse and innovative.
Admissions Representative (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MAAugust 5, 2013
Represented the Office of Admissions team at Clark University as a Scarlet Key Ambassador.
Spoke daily with prospective students on a group and individual level, conducted campus tours, served on information session panels.
Great place to be if research is your interest
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Worcester, MAFebruary 24, 2013
Clark University is a great research institution, especially if you are interested in Geography. The faculty are very interested and dedicated to your work, and there are numerous facilities and resources that will help you along the way. There is a strong cultural divide between the graduate and undergraduate student population, and sometimes undergraduates may be too needy or expect too much from graduate TAs and RAs, who are time-strapped as it is. All around, if you are interested in research, especially for Geography, please apply to this school!
Pros
dedicated facutly, interesting research opportunities, easily-accessible resources
Cons
unsteady hours, needy undergraduate students.
Fun place to work
Assistant Coach (Current Employee) –  Worcester, MAFebruary 6, 2013
I had a great experience as a player and a coach at Clark University.
student course
Medical Assistant-student (Former Employee) –  Framingham, MAJanuary 18, 2013
This was a one year course in medical assisting I have currently been working as a floral designer for 10 years I am looking to relocate to the Melboune Palm Bay Area in the medical field......I previously have worked every aspect of the restaurant business for more then 38 years
Pros
hands on study

4.2