Clark University Employee Reviews

"Ancienne France - Nouvelle Angleterre"
French Teaching Assistant (assistant de Français) (Former Employee) –  Worcester, Massachussets - U.S.A.November 23, 2017
Excellent pour apprendre l'Anglais "Mid-Atlantic" dans un état américain "fondateur" des États-Unis d'Amérique avec l'aide de Lafayette et Montcalm mais quand même baptisé "Nouvelle Angleterre".
Très formateur au niveau des différences culturelles d'avec la France Métropolitaine et d'autres pays d’Europe, dont l'Allemagne ou l'Italie par exemple.
vraiment indispensable pour bien comprendre le monde académique américain mais également celui des "petits boulots" et d'une "débrouille" somme toute internationale.
"Yes we can" contre "impossible n'est pas français"
Pros
compréhension et prise de conscience des différents schéma de pensées respectives
Cons
Contrôle des changes
No advancement opportunities
Police Officer (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MAOctober 18, 2017
Tough environment to work in with regard to operating as a large team toward common goals. In fairness, things may have changed since I was employed there.
Pros
Educational benefits
Cons
Lack of advancement opportunities
Learning Experience was great
Reserach Assistant (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MAOctober 15, 2017
Helpful mentors and boss
Learn a lot and get to dive deep into projects that you are interested in.
Lots of opportunities and guidence
Very productive
Police dispatch
Police Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MAOctober 12, 2017
Depending on who you get to train you, you’ll either have an awesome time, or you will go through some tough times. I did most of my training with someone awesome, but my direct superior took a disliking to me, and made my time there significantly worse than it needed to be. The officers were all really nice, and they looked out for you, and helped with whatever they could. The chief there is wonderful and he did his best to provide you with a comfortable work place.
Fun environment
Researcher - Lab on Addictive Behaviors (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MAOctober 11, 2017
As a student worker, they provided a good balance between work and study hours. The experience depends on the department you were working on but over all, it was great.
A great place to work
Assistant Professor in OM (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MAOctober 8, 2017
A typical small liberal art school environment. Nice colleagues and supportive dean. With academic freedom in choosing your own direction. Concentrate on your research and teaching.
Work Study Job
Proctor (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MASeptember 25, 2017
This was a work study job. I proctored at the front desk of the gymnasium, checking people in and out, making sure the equipment was in order, there were no intruders, no injuries, and giving people information about the gym.
A job for people who enjoy difference in their work days
Police Sgt. (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MASeptember 23, 2017
I worked for the Clark University Police Department for 18years. During that time I provided protection and service to the Clark community. It was an exciting, fast paced, never know what is coming next type of job. I would recommend it to anyone who is interested in working in this environment.
Clark is a great university
Graduate Assistant of Financial Management course (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MASeptember 9, 2017
Clark is a great place to learn, enjoy and further one's career. My experience is pretty good here. The faculty and professors there are very and responsible.
productive place to work in
Graduate Assistant, Finance Department (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MASeptember 3, 2017
Work culture is good but pay is not in sync with the amount of work that is given. As a graduate assistant, it was difficult for me to manage the amount of work i was given with my curriculum.
Private university
Research Associate (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MAAugust 27, 2017
Size is on the small side in terms of enrollment. Due to its small size, teacher and students ratio is higher. Many research opportunities for undergraduate students.
Overall
Head Athletic Trainer, Equipment Manager, (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MAAugust 13, 2017
Excellent school-poorly administered Athletic Department. Run by a person with little or no experience in the daly needs and functions outside the office.
A small private college in Worcester Massachusetts
GRADUATE AND UNDERGRADUATE RESEARCHER (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MAJuly 15, 2017
Clark University in Worcester, Mass., is a small liberal arts institution. Research is a particular focus for students at Clark University. Undergraduates are encouraged to get involved. An intimate and comfortable classroom environment promotes a dynamic community of socially conscious students.
Student Employment
Driver and Dispatch (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MAJune 21, 2017
Student Employment is terrible at Clark but that is to be expected at most minimum wage jobs. The boss is incompetent and the turnover rates are very high.
Store Associate (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MAJune 13, 2017
Clark University was a great place to work and learn. Working at the campus store with Robin was a great experience and I recommend it to anyone who has the opportunity.
Good choice for student
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MAJune 11, 2017
If you are a student who is looking for a part-time job, this is a good choice. It provides you a fine salary as well as an opportunity to study more in your field.
Excellent college
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MAMay 12, 2017
I learned a lot about what it takes to be a researcher. I worked with a graduate student on her dissertation and presented my own research at academic spree day.
Professional and fun workplace
HELP DESK CONSULTANT (Current Employee) –  Worcester, MAApril 26, 2017
A typical day at work requires a good amount of focus. I have learned to be more patient and have gotten better at customer service. The management of the place is great and professional. The hardest part of the job is dealing with rowdy customers. And the best part of the job is feeling a part of the team.
easy and a good learning experience
Researcher (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MAApril 19, 2017
It was a pretty job. I just did what I was told and I got experience for it. I was a student so I also got class credit. The professor I did research under was amazing and so helpful.
Pros
easy way to gain experience
Cons
no pay
Wonderful place to work
Systems Administrator (Current Employee) –  Worcester, MAApril 19, 2017
Only leaving because of moving out of state. Being a sysadmin here is great and I really like being able to help with the cause of higher education. Managers are great and working for IT has been nothing but a satisfying challenge.
Pros
Free tuition
Cons
Worcester is not a great place to live