Clark University

Clark University Employee Reviews

Lovely place to work (study)
Assistant to the Economics Secretary (Former Employee), Worcester, MAMay 9, 2015
Pros: Nice boss, free time for homework
Cons: Some professors are rude, no upward mobility
Cindy was a wonderful boss and I learned a lot about working in an office setting. There was a nice balance of paper work, errands, and being able to do some homework.
Slow Workplace
Work Study Program (Former Employee), Worcester, MAApril 12, 2015
Not many people show up at the Science Library at Clark. All workers were advised to bring homework because of the lack of things to do. Co-workers are generally nice, but quiet and don't socialize much. The hardest part of the job was how boring it was. The most enjoyable part of the job was how you didn't really have to do anything, but you get paid anyway.
fun
Program and Immigration Officer (Former Employee), Boston, MADecember 14, 2014
Workload can be very busy but very educative and a great place to develop startling professional skills! . Interning there at the same time going to school at first seem like an impossible thing but do to my determinations and courage to achieve my dreams, I was abled to mix both professional responsibility to produced positive result for the success of my department and to the satisfactions of my departmental manager and director. Skills learned were incredible, from leadership, to concept note writing and to supervisions including working together with highly competitive professionals around the world in a diverse culture and society. All these were incredible achievement I achieved there.
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee), Worcester, MAOctober 22, 2014
Normal work as a graduate assistant.
There was no place for career advancement
Not your every day 9-5 job
Emergency Medical Services Member (Former Employee), Worcester, MAJune 24, 2014
Very fun, did not just sit in an office all day, hands on learning experiences, very nice people to work with
A great experience
Peace Studies Program Coordinator (Former Employee), Worcester, MAJune 23, 2014
Pros: learning opportunities, leadership opportunities, interesting topics
Cons: low payment, no benefits, limited resources
As peace studies program coordinator, my work consisted of being a liaison between faculty, students and staff of the program and university in general. Additionally, I had the opportunity to practice my leadership skills as I was responsible for the work-study librarians in the peace studies library, scheduling their work hours and distributing duties. The hardest part of the job was the limited resources with which I had to work, which involved managing the library and the events for the program on tight budgets and low human resources. The most enjoyable part was knowing I was contributing to something I believed in.
higher ed excellence
Director, The Information Resource Center (Former Employee), Worcester, MAJune 9, 2014
great place to work
lots of growth opportunities
technology leader
Got opportunity to learn a lot
Teaching Assistant / Proctor , Data Structures (Current Employee), Worcester, MADecember 3, 2013
Pros: learned a lot, time management, presentation and communication skills
Usually I had fixed hours in which I went to my lab proctor session or my tutor session. In each session I had to help at least 15- 20 students. Although helping 20 students in 2 hours sounds stressful for a college student, but I used this opportunity to hone my teaching and presentation skills. Honestly speaking I was not good at explaining things but this job has taught me so much. I interacted with students of different abilities and that has taught me how to approach different people and how to communicate with them successfully. Learning about Computer Science was obvious in this job. My skills were constantly being refined as I solved and debugged codes of my students.
academic env, friendly, people are knowledgable
GIS Developer (Former Employee), Worcester, MASeptember 17, 2013
as a developer, i have to say the team is fun and organized. the things your learned here will benifit you all life long
Great working environment for an undergraduate researcher
Undergraduate Researcher (Former Employee), Worcester, MASeptember 9, 2013
Pros: great source of knowledge and experience for an undergraduate
I truly enjoyed working in my Directed Research lab. My sponsor was very knowledgeable and helpful. Expectations were high but it truly made is worthwhile to get positive results. Fellow students were great help and welcoming, especially if they had more researcher. The lab was clean and standards for maintenance were also high. At times it was hard to master certain techniques due to certain ingredients being difficult to work with. Discussions and instructional sessions were always helpful. The most enjoyable part of the job was getting good reliable results and presenting them to the Clark University Academic Spree Day poster fair.
Productive, diverse and innovative.
Admissions Representative (Former Employee), Worcester, MAAugust 5, 2013
Represented the Office of Admissions team at Clark University as a Scarlet Key Ambassador.
Spoke daily with prospective students on a group and individual level, conducted campus tours, served on information session panels.
Great place to be if research is your interest
Research Assistant (Current Employee), Worcester, MAFebruary 24, 2013
Pros: dedicated facutly, interesting research opportunities, easily-accessible resources
Cons: unsteady hours, needy undergraduate students.
Clark University is a great research institution, especially if you are interested in Geography. The faculty are very interested and dedicated to your work, and there are numerous facilities and resources that will help you along the way. There is a strong cultural divide between the graduate and undergraduate student population, and sometimes undergraduates may be too needy or expect too much from graduate TAs and RAs, who are time-strapped as it is. All around, if you are interested in research, especially for Geography, please apply to this school!
Fun place to work
Assistant Coach (Current Employee), Worcester, MAFebruary 6, 2013
I had a great experience as a player and a coach at Clark University.
student course
Medical Assistant-student (Former Employee), Framingham, MAJanuary 18, 2013
Pros: hands on study
This was a one year course in medical assisting I have currently been working as a floral designer for 10 years I am looking to relocate to the Melboune Palm Bay Area in the medical field......I previously have worked every aspect of the restaurant business for more then 38 years
Easy job
Ball boy, Videographer (Former Employee), Worcester, MAJanuary 15, 2013
Worked at sports games so it was always interesting
I learned how to pay close attention to games

My coworkers were my friends and classmates
There were no hard parts really
I enjoyed quietly rooting for my team
extremely flexible teaching environment - focus on results and student satisfaction
Lecturer (Former Employee), Worcester, MAOctober 17, 2012
Meet Green group with fun and energetics
Net Impact Member (Former Employee), Worcester, MAAugust 1, 2012
- Work with group member supporting concept of Net Impact
- Attend events and share personal experience and feedback
- Explore knowledge of Green Field
A great chance to create and follow through
Director of the Map and Aerial Photography (Former Employee), Worcester, MAMay 31, 2012
Pros: managerial and teaching responsibilies learned
Cons: students and drama associated with the 70s. not for me.
Literally built the Map and Aerial Photography Library. Taught graduate students, prepared classes, practical subject and became a going concern with the Grad. Geography School within the Univ.

Clark University Salaries