Clark University Employee Reviews

Fulfilling workplace with opportunities for one on one communication
Peer Learning Assistant (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MAMarch 15, 2017
a normal day in the classroom included assisting the professor in directing lectures as well as the students in understanding material. This experience strongly increased my interpersonal and public speaking abilities. Many of the students in the class were close to my age, so finding the perfect balance of friend/teacher was crucial and difficult as well. Additionally, working one on one with the students was incredibly enjoyable, as I was able to connect with them easier as well as pin point where each individual's strengths and difficulties were.
College environment very different
Executive Assistant to VP for University Advcmnt (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MAMarch 9, 2017
I am used to working in a high tech software environment, so working at a college was a lot different. I worked for one person but the work was interesting. I updated a lot of information in Excel and the colleges database.
Pros
Not a lot of pressure
Cons
Travel further
I enjoyed my tenure at Clark University very much.
Director of Gift Planning/Major Gift Officer (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MAJune 7, 2016
We had a great development staff, and all worked in conjunction with each other. Every staff member knew his/her responsibilities, and did their job accordingly.

I was in charge of a great many staff members, and we worked very well together. We had a transparency policy that was second to none, and always passed our annual audits with no concerns.

I was able to travel to meet prospects and donors all over the country in regards to major and planned gifts. I would also host alumni and constituent functions during my travels in order to further obtain a larger donor base, either through annual giving, major gifts, and/or planned giving.

We all worked collaboratively on special events, reunion activities, and anything else that was needed to be accomplished.

I was given charge of creating my own marketing pieces, as well as a gift planning newsletter. I also contributed articles for the University publication, as well as editing and offering articles for the annual report.

We had a 100M goal for our campaign, and finished at 106M, of which, I was responsible for bringing in 49M through major and planned gifts, as well as soliciting for large annual fund contributions in the 2,000-25,000 dollar range.
Pros
Thouroghly enjoyed my time at Clark. Great team, and great accomplishments.
Cons
When we were generating a large amount of income, we were always told by senior administration to bootstrap, and it made us feel like we were never doing enough.
Lovely and hardworking people
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MAJune 6, 2016
After years as a student at Clark, I was given opportunities to grow through new experience and supportive supervisors. Worcester is a great city and Clark is an amazing place to work.
Work study job
Recycling Crew (Current Employee) –  Worcester, MAMay 26, 2016
Just a temporary work study position at the Clark Recycling Center. As a captain though, I received a crash course in job-site management and event management.
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
Limit to earnings
Productive and fun
Undergraduate Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Worcester, MAMarch 16, 2016
it is a great work environment. Loved working as a research assistant at Clark. the physics department is very small and everyone knows everyone else. they are all very helpful and friendly.
Part time worker, can't complain much
Mail Room Clerk (Current Employee) –  Worcester, MAFebruary 28, 2016
I thought the hours were flexible. I learned about how packages are received and delivered at Clark. My supervisors were nice and had reasonable expectations. My coworkers were very friendly and laid back. I liked that my shifts were short and it was easy quick money. The hardest part was sometimes having a ton of heavy packages to deliver across campus or delivering when there was snow.
Pros
Straightforward job, easy to learn, friendly coworkers and managers
Cons
The job got a little tough in the winter and on busy days.
Well-paced job with nice and competent co-workers
Assistant to the Department Head (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MAJanuary 5, 2016
Not too busy in the day-to-day, and there was plenty of time to complete assigned tasks from faculty and administration. Management and faculty are wonderful to work with, and the skills learned there are invaluable.
Pros
Excellent co-workers, low-stress
Cons
Could get slow at times
Work Environment
Campus Police Officer (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MAJanuary 5, 2016
A lot of different aspects of the job which include being on a college campus and also in the inner city of Worcester. Very good place for anyone to pursue this career.
Great salary inequalities
Assistant Professor (Current Employee) –  Worcester, MADecember 1, 2015
There's great people working at Clark, but there are huge gaps between the salaries in different departments. Some Deans make much more money than any brilliant high publishing Professor, with worldwide recognition.
Fun place to work
Events and Building Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Worcester, MANovember 12, 2015
It was an amazing experience to work in the US for the first time and in such an organized work culture. My co-workers were extremely helpful
Pros
Free meals
Cons
Night shifts
Data Entry and Editing Assistant
Office Assistant/Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MANovember 9, 2015
Job that taught me Excel, Access, and general office work. Was given the opportunity to edit brochures and other materials being sent out to alumni.
Good place to work at.
Business Analyst Intern (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MAAugust 21, 2015
Great place to work when you are studying full time at a Business school. But it has low compensation and benefits. Highly recommend to international student to get initial United States professional work experience.
Valuable and Varied Work Experience
Admissions Counselor (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MAJuly 13, 2015
No day was the same. Followed college admission cycle. The fall was spent traveling, meeting prospective students and guidance counselors. Winter and spring was spent on applications and admissions. Generous vacation policy. High energy and activity-centric work.
Pros
The travel and personal contact relationships
Cons
The low salary
Fun Fitness Environment
Fitness Proctor - Part Time in session (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MAMay 25, 2015
I greet faculty, students and guests that arrive in the gym. I supervise while the gym is open and make sure the weights, equipment, supplies, etc are organized and loaded and ready for the next users. I enjoy providing a safe and clean environment for everyone to use and enjoy being in. I work with many other eager people which makes it enjoyable to come to work. I've learned it's a dedication more than a request to be able to be part of a happy, fun, positive part of a working place.
Pros
Interacting with other students and people in the community
Cons
Having few hours a week
Lovely place to work (study)
Assistant to the Economics Secretary (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MAMay 9, 2015
Cindy was a wonderful boss and I learned a lot about working in an office setting. There was a nice balance of paper work, errands, and being able to do some homework.
Pros
Nice boss, free time for homework
Cons
Some professors are rude, no upward mobility
Slow Workplace
Work Study Program (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MAApril 12, 2015
Not many people show up at the Science Library at Clark. All workers were advised to bring homework because of the lack of things to do. Co-workers are generally nice, but quiet and don't socialize much. The hardest part of the job was how boring it was. The most enjoyable part of the job was how you didn't really have to do anything, but you get paid anyway.
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MAOctober 22, 2014
Normal work as a graduate assistant.
There was no place for career advancement
Not your every day 9-5 job
Emergency Medical Services Member (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MAJune 24, 2014
Very fun, did not just sit in an office all day, hands on learning experiences, very nice people to work with
A great experience
Peace Studies Program Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MAJune 23, 2014
As peace studies program coordinator, my work consisted of being a liaison between faculty, students and staff of the program and university in general. Additionally, I had the opportunity to practice my leadership skills as I was responsible for the work-study librarians in the peace studies library, scheduling their work hours and distributing duties. The hardest part of the job was the limited resources with which I had to work, which involved managing the library and the events for the program on tight budgets and low human resources. The most enjoyable part was knowing I was contributing to something I believed in.
Pros
learning opportunities, leadership opportunities, interesting topics
Cons
low payment, no benefits, limited resources

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Clark University. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2